Can we please stop turning on every new coach...
-
Yeah....this is what I thought too, but I want him gone. If I saw any shred of progress after the first 6 regular season games, I would be on his side. He makes mistake after mistake and his play calling is terrible. If you have some idea that after this season of probably going 0 - 16, in 2018, Hue will become coach of the year, and we will win 12 games I think your are in your own little world. I didn't want to see him get fired after last season, but a lot of people did. At this point, he is so far over his head, he probably wants to get fired. There is no point in waiting until the end of the season. He simply can't manage the situation. Seven weeks into the season, and you are getting 12 stupid penalties?...sorry...that's on him.
-
Penalties are on him?
Did I miss him goosing those DL?
Atent there more penalties on the def than the offense? Not that im terribly unhappy with the def, they did afterall stuff demarco murray and derrick henry...no small task, against an excellent o line. But yeah those encroachment and neutral zone penalties are headscratchers. But hard to fault even williams for dannys dumbass penalty.
-
I hear what you're saying Clev, but this coach has won a single game in 23 attempts..... It's not like parts of the fanbase are calling for a guy's head who has back-to-back 7-9 seasons and we just aren't happy he hasn't gotten over the hump............. 1 freakin' game - that's a pretty low bar Hue has set and I'm sure my wife could match it if given the chance.
1-23 isn't working, sorry, it just isn't, math never lies........ Can't fire the owner, can't fire 53 players, tough to clean house in the FO's office..... that leaves the leader of the men on the field.
-
Within 2 years if his tenure? Hue isnt losing games for us, our players are losing games for us. Theres some mistakes that u can attribute to some extent to the cosch, but the most egregious mind numbing plays of the season by far are squarely on the players.
We cant keep turning things over. The browns by nature have to be more loyal to their players and staff. Cleveland is not a hot destination for coke and hooker time like ither cities. We have to entice onfield and off field talent here by being more patient. We cant get rid of every guy that doesnt deliver immediate results.
Hue isnt losing games for us
Hue isn't winning games for us either.
He's made a more than a few iffy calls. Going for it on 4th down when we could of tied it, giving them a 4th and 1 instead of a 3rd and 16th. The losses aren't all on him, but he's made some silly mistakes. I'm willing to ride him out this year though, and if he gets his Sheet together, roll into next year with him.
-
I hear what you're saying Clev, but this coach has won a single game in 23 attempts..... It's not like parts of the fanbase are calling for a guy's head who has back-to-back 7-9 seasons and we just aren't happy he hasn't gotten over the hump............. 1 freakin' game - that's a pretty low bar Hue has set and I'm sure my wife could match it if given the chance.
1-23 isn't working, sorry, it just isn't, math never lies........ Can't fire the owner, can't fire 53 players, tough to clean house in the FO's office..... that leaves the leader of the men on the field.
I hear what you're saying Clev, but this coach has won a single game in 23 attempts..... It's not like parts of the fanbase are calling for a guy's head who has back-to-back 7-9 seasons and we just aren't happy he hasn't gotten over the hump............. 1 freakin' game - that's a pretty low bar Hue has set and I'm sure my wife could match it if given the chance.
1-23 isn't working, sorry, it just isn't, math never lies........ Can't fire the owner, can't fire 53 players, tough to clean house in the FO's office..... that leaves the leader of the men on the field.
I just cant start over again. 1-23 is fine with me cause i see the talent gaps at alot of positions. Even if he sucks the browns have to essentially "use" hue to generate a sense of stability and if he's still doing goofy Sheet in a couple years we cut him loose for an established guy who will be coming in to a table set for him.
Just let hue grow into a HC.
-
I hear what you're saying Clev, but this coach has won a single game in 23 attempts..... It's not like parts of the fanbase are calling for a guy's head who has back-to-back 7-9 seasons and we just aren't happy he hasn't gotten over the hump............. 1 freakin' game - that's a pretty low bar Hue has set and I'm sure my wife could match it if given the chance.
1-23 isn't working, sorry, it just isn't, math never lies........ Can't fire the owner, can't fire 53 players, tough to clean house in the FO's office..... that leaves the leader of the men on the field.
I just cant start over again. 1-23 is fine with me cause i see the talent gaps at alot of positions. Even if he sucks the browns have to essentially "use" hue to generate a sense of stability and if he's still doing goofy Sheet in a couple years we cut him loose for an established guy who will be coming in to a table set for him.
Just let hue grow into a HC.
I just cant start over again. 1-23 is fine with me cause i see the talent gaps at alot of positions. Even if he sucks the browns have to essentially "use" hue to generate a sense of stability and if he's still doing goofy Sheet in a couple years we cut him loose for an established guy who will be coming in to a table set for him.
Just let hue grow into a HC.
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
-
I just cant start over again. 1-23 is fine with me cause i see the talent gaps at alot of positions. Even if he sucks the browns have to essentially "use" hue to generate a sense of stability and if he's still doing goofy Sheet in a couple years we cut him loose for an established guy who will be coming in to a table set for him.
Just let hue grow into a HC.
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
I know. But rebuilds are rebuilds
-
Within 2 years if his tenure? Hue isnt losing games for us, our players are losing games for us. Theres some mistakes that u can attribute to some extent to the cosch, but the most egregious mind numbing plays of the season by far are squarely on the players.
We cant keep turning things over. The browns by nature have to be more loyal to their players and staff. Cleveland is not a hot destination for coke and hooker time like ither cities. We have to entice onfield and off field talent here by being more patient. We cant get rid of every guy that doesnt deliver immediate results.
Within 2 years if his tenure? Hue isnt losing games for us, our players are losing games for us.
Are you fuhucking kidding us with this? Yes, the players make mistakes sometimes. But the most awful mistakes that lose this team games are made by the poor decisions and plays calls make by this HC.
Theres some mistakes that u can attribute to some extent to the cosch, but the most egregious mind numbing plays of the season by far are squarely on the players.
No, no Fuhuhuhuck no.
We cant keep turning things over. The browns by nature have to be more loyal to their players and staff. Cleveland is not a hot destination for coke and hooker time like ither cities. We have to entice onfield and off field talent here by being more patient. We cant get rid of every guy that doesnt deliver immediate results.
So, we keep guys that look like they will NEVER deliver results?
-
We'd be dumb to fire him unless we have some all star coach in the bag
-
I just cant start over again. 1-23 is fine with me cause i see the talent gaps at alot of positions. Even if he sucks the browns have to essentially "use" hue to generate a sense of stability and if he's still doing goofy Sheet in a couple years we cut him loose for an established guy who will be coming in to a table set for him.
Just let hue grow into a HC.
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
And if we went to 4, then 6, then 8 wins. If we are building a base, then I'm fine with it.
-
We'd be dumb to fire him unless we have some all star coach in the bag
As much as I am griping about him....I am not ready to pull the plug on him at this point.....but he IS on serious secret double probation.

-
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
And if we went to 4, then 6, then 8 wins. If we are building a base, then I'm fine with it.
And if we went to 4, then 6, then 8 wins. If we are building a base, then I'm fine with it.
Let me know when we hit 2.
-
Well if we lost all games by a TD or less, like the titans game....than i wouldnt be that keen about the win/loss record. Getting blown out by cincy tho, that pisses me off
-
I'd rather us stop turning on players than turning on this coach... again for the thousandth time... the nfl is based TODAY on parity and keeping as many teams competitive as possible... Coaching Matters so much more in this age of the nfl... We have one of the most athletic WR cores, probably the most athletic TE group a great openspace playmaker in Duke. and yet we have not yet been able to exploit these mismatches. its like our offense is running plays on a whim rather than attacking opposing defenses.
The playcalling has been very strange i think it was brought up previously that Hue only "Developed" Dalton after he had been in the league for 4 years -
I'd rather us stop turning on players than turning on this coach... again for the thousandth time... the nfl is based TODAY on parity and keeping as many teams competitive as possible... Coaching Matters so much more in this age of the nfl... We have one of the most athletic WR cores, probably the most athletic TE group a great openspace playmaker in Duke. and yet we have not yet been able to exploit these mismatches. its like our offense is running plays on a whim rather than attacking opposing defenses.
The playcalling has been very strange i think it was brought up previously that Hue only "Developed" Dalton after he had been in the league for 4 yearsWe have one of the most athletic WR cores
Uh, what?
I'm with you on Duke and the TEs, but our WRs are below par.
-
Yes, our wr corp is athletic. They're football players afterall, they have to be athletic. But can they catch footballs cause, u know, the word "receiver" implies u "receive" things. And in football that means catching a god damn fukking ball.
Dont tell me we've got comparable talent on tbis team across the board. Cause we absolutely do not. On offense our o line "decent" and our rb's are serviceable. Qb's and wr's suck, period.
-
The Process is supposed to make the Browns better...... I guess I missed the disclaimer that for the first two seasons we would have to accept 2-30 (phuck, hopefully 2) before we suddenly broke out in year three with 4 whole wins on our way to a 6 win year four...... Good times ahead for sure.
And if we went to 4, then 6, then 8 wins. If we are building a base, then I'm fine with it.
And if we went to 4, then 6, then 8 wins. If we are building a base, then I'm fine with it.
The mistake(and I think its a mistake a lot in here will make when we do win 4 games) is that thinking if we win 4 then 6 wins and 8 wins is in the cards next, as if this 'rebuild' is a long slow upwward climb....it doesnt often work that way.
-
Within 2 years if his tenure? Hue isnt losing games for us, our players are losing games for us. Theres some mistakes that u can attribute to some extent to the cosch, but the most egregious mind numbing plays of the season by far are squarely on the players.
We cant keep turning things over. The browns by nature have to be more loyal to their players and staff. Cleveland is not a hot destination for coke and hooker time like ither cities. We have to entice onfield and off field talent here by being more patient. We cant get rid of every guy that doesnt deliver immediate results.
Within 2 years if his tenure? Hue isnt losing games for us, our players are losing games for us. Theres some mistakes that u can attribute to some extent to the cosch, but the most egregious mind numbing plays of the season by far are squarely on the players.
We cant keep turning things over. The browns by nature have to be more loyal to their players and staff. Cleveland is not a hot destination for coke and hooker time like ither cities. We have to entice onfield and off field talent here by being more patient. We cant get rid of every guy that doesnt deliver immediate results.
nobody expected hue to go 12-4 last year and 6-1 so far this year....or even 8-8 and 4-3 so far this year.
What we won't tolerate is HISTORICALLY BAD RECORDS even compared amongst similarly talentless teams. Again, he's 1-22!!!!! If he were 8-15 I think people would understand that while that record sucks, he came into a team lacking talent and in a bad spot. But you just can't go 1-22 in today's nfl....thats historically bad and verydifficult to do. Even with a terrible team.
-
Within 2 years if his tenure? Hue isnt losing games for us, our players are losing games for us. Theres some mistakes that u can attribute to some extent to the cosch, but the most egregious mind numbing plays of the season by far are squarely on the players.
We cant keep turning things over. The browns by nature have to be more loyal to their players and staff. Cleveland is not a hot destination for coke and hooker time like ither cities. We have to entice onfield and off field talent here by being more patient. We cant get rid of every guy that doesnt deliver immediate results.
nobody expected hue to go 12-4 last year and 6-1 so far this year....or even 8-8 and 4-3 so far this year.
What we won't tolerate is HISTORICALLY BAD RECORDS even compared amongst similarly talentless teams. Again, he's 1-22!!!!! If he were 8-15 I think people would understand that while that record sucks, he came into a team lacking talent and in a bad spot. But you just can't go 1-22 in today's nfl....thats historically bad and verydifficult to do. Even with a terrible team.
nobody expected hue to go 12-4 last year and 6-1 so far this year....or even 8-8 and 4-3 so far this year.
What we won't tolerate is HISTORICALLY BAD RECORDS even compared amongst similarly talentless teams. Again, he's 1-22!!!!! If he were 8-15 I think people would understand that while that record sucks, he came into a team lacking talent and in a bad spot. But you just can't go 1-22 in today's nfl....thats historically bad and verydifficult to do. Even with a terrible team.
Im not in disagreement, but it is what it is. Im not in the mood for another offseason of begging people to come here. Im not in tbe mood to put another ex employee on an extended paid vacation. Pettines prob sitting somewhere enjoying jimmehs millions and not doing Sheet. Im tired of that. Id rather lose in season than spend another offseason listening to the nfl mock the browns everytime a coach geys on a plane out of hopkins and signs with another team almost before he lands. Im over that. "Bigly"....which is a word now.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login