Start Kevin Hogan!
-
-
-
You had some cool ideas then you go off the rails with this stuff.
He's never even seen the rails....can't go off them if you're never in the same area code as the rails.
-
You had some cool ideas then you go off the rails with this stuff.
That was my- "Everything is on the table/reinvent the game process"
Was thinking about a sweep with Shelton at FB and like a couple badass defensive guys just clearing the way on a third and 3... with Peppers at RB.
Just kind of a play on Greg Williams saying that the Defense is gonna win a game for us. Defense be like, "We just got a turnover, we're not fittin to punt, we's got dis!"
-
I love your passion Poe, but all these excuses and you're missing one key point.
Hogan made all those mistakes AND he did nothing noteworthy positive. Peyton Manning threw interceptions?? No Sheet. He also made things happen on the field. Hogan doesn't. Or... Hogan DIDN'T when he was given the opportunity to show he could. That's why you get laughed at when you compare him to HOF quarterbacks. You could throw ME in there at QB, and I would suck... But I could make the same arguments defending MY shitty self that you're making when you bring up that so-and-so Pro-Bowler Shmucked up too.
I'm not opposed to starting him. But it's not because he's gonna be the guy who gets us wins. It's because our three QBs right now are just slightly different flavours of suck. It really doesn't matter who starts... He'll suck.
-
I love your passion Poe, but all these excuses and you're missing one key point.
Hogan made all those mistakes AND he did nothing noteworthy positive. Peyton Manning threw interceptions?? No Sheet. He also made things happen on the field. Hogan doesn't. Or... Hogan DIDN'T when he was given the opportunity to show he could. That's why you get laughed at when you compare him to HOF quarterbacks. You could throw ME in there at QB, and I would suck... But I could make the same arguments defending MY shitty self that you're making when you bring up that so-and-so Pro-Bowler Shmucked up too.
I'm not opposed to starting him. But it's not because he's gonna be the guy who gets us wins. It's because our three QBs right now are just slightly different flavours of suck. It really doesn't matter who starts... He'll suck.
I love your passion Poe, but all these excuses and you're missing one key point.
Hogan made all those mistakes AND he did nothing noteworthy positive. Peyton Manning threw interceptions?? No Sheet. He also made things happen on the field. Hogan doesn't. Or... Hogan DIDN'T when he was given the opportunity to show he could. That's why you get laughed at when you compare him to HOF quarterbacks. You could throw ME in there at QB, and I would suck... But I could make the same arguments defending MY shitty self that you're making when you bring up that so-and-so Pro-Bowler Shmucked up too.
I'm not opposed to starting him. But it's not because he's gonna be the guy who gets us wins. It's because our three QBs right now are just slightly different flavours of suck. It really doesn't matter who starts... He'll suck.
I get that we are all jaded in our views of Quarterback... we've had more starting QBs since 2000 than we had U.S. Presidents in the 1900's. But just for old times sake, what if Hogan doesn't suck?
Would everyone please, for one minute, hypothetically speaking- What if Hogan is the answer? What then?
-
Oh im sure gregg williams would be ecstatic anout sending his star #1 pick DE out across the middle or his starting DT anchor playing fullback. Ffs
-
Nobody cares to speculate what the team would look like if Hogan can stabilize the QB position?
-
Nobody cares to speculate what the team would look like if Hogan can stabilize the QB position?
Nobody cares to speculate what the team would look like if Hogan can stabilize the QB position?
Wasn't there a Raiders fan who recently popped on here to pimp the idea of Mark McGloin? Perhaps we could ask the same question of him... What if McGloin could stabilize the QB situation in Cleveland? Is that "what if" enough of an argument to make him a must-add to the roster?
Or can we say that he mostly likely would NOT be the answer at quarterback (by a large percentage) and therefore be unworthy of... I wouldn't say discussion. But certainly a gnashing of teeth.
Hell I'd love it if Hogan was the guy. Just as I'd love it if Kizer worked out, or McGloin if he was brought in, or Finger Phuckless whatever random yahoo. I don't give a flying dink who it is that eventually stabilizes this position. I just want it to happen.
-
I read the whole thing. It said and I quote. - He has enough arm to make all the throw, end quote. Every negative thing was something that was correctable, and some of that has already been fixed in his first year in the NFL.
We are a glorified college team at this point of our rebuild. Don't you get that?
We are the youngest team in the league, and by a lot. Maybe having one of the best respected, smart and hard working college QBs (of all time) would benefit this young team? ... as opposed as Kizer and Kessler that didn't win in college and somehow they are expected to win at the pro level?
We are a glorified college team at this point of our rebuild. Don't you get that?
We are the youngest team in the league, and by a lot. Maybe having one of the best respected, smart and hard working college QBs (of all time) would benefit this young team? ... as opposed as Kizer and Kessler that didn't win in college and somehow they are expected to win at the pro level?
1) too bad the rest of the NFL isn't.
-
I have no idea who is starting at QB this week, and it's probably the first time all year I didn't have at least an inkling of who'd be back there taking snaps. I think if we had Joe Thomas, you might've seen Kessler back there, but since he's obviously gone for the year, I'm not sure you can put Kessler back there. You saw what happened when Joe left the Titans game. The opposition will just bring a TON of pressure, and we don't really have a way to mitigate it. Once we get to 3rd and long, and we will because we can't run the ball, we might as well punt it. We might get away with one or two screen passes that work, but a team can't run that EVERY 3rd and long. Cody can't evade pressure, and once a defender gets a finger on him, he's going down. For this reason alone I think you have to look at Kizer or Hogan. They can at least get yards with their feet and possibly avoid pressure.
I'm NOT looking forward to this game...at all. I'm watching it with my father who is 67 years old and he remembers all of the good old days. He refuses to watch these Browns...except for when I ask him to because I want to hang with my dad. I can already hear my father yelling at the screen....good times...good times.
-
I don't think it matters a hill of beans who we start at quarterback. I truly don't see ANY one of them being better than the other two. NONE of them look very good. Kizer, Kessler, or Hogan.....Hue should just pick one of them and let them develop. As far as 0-16 for the first draft pick? SCREW THAT!! I'm a Brown's fan, I want to WIN. NOW. We've had top draft picks before. How'd that work out for the last 18 years? We SUCK at drafting players. Too many more "building years" with no wins, and the Browns won't be able to fill St. Ignatius' high school stadium. Fans, at least ME, are sick and tired of losing. I LOVE my Browns. I'm 66 years old, and I've been a loyal Browns fan since I was in 6th grade. The games I've been to this year, the team on the field, does not even LOOK like a professional NFL team. I was at the Bengals game when Brian Sipe and several other Browns from the glory days were honored at halftime. Brought back such great memories of the "Cardiac Kids". Man, I long for those days again.
-
Kessler deserves the nod over Hogan..
I mean sure he looked great coming in relief of Kizer, but when he had the week to prepare.. it was bad..
The way Hue has handled this situation has been awful.. If you tell everyone you are going to stay with the rook, THEN LEAVE HIM IN!
If you are going to start Kessler or Hogan, then LEAVE ONE OF THEM IN!This carousel is worse than just leaving one guy out there. Kizer probably went out and got hammered because he has no confidence in himself anymore..
If they want him to ride the bench.. STRATTLE THAT B*TCH!
If they want him to be out there.. SADDLE UP THE KIZER TRAIN THEN!
This is why we will be 0-16. NO CONTINUITY! NO GOOD LT REPLACEMENT! NO STABLE QB DECISION! NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT! NO D*CK! -
Kizer named starter ....big question now is who replaces him in the 3rd quarter Kessler or Hogan ?
-
Kessler deserves the nod over Hogan..
I mean sure he looked great coming in relief of Kizer, but when he had the week to prepare.. it was bad..
The way Hue has handled this situation has been awful.. If you tell everyone you are going to stay with the rook, THEN LEAVE HIM IN!
If you are going to start Kessler or Hogan, then LEAVE ONE OF THEM IN!This carousel is worse than just leaving one guy out there. Kizer probably went out and got hammered because he has no confidence in himself anymore..
If they want him to ride the bench.. STRATTLE THAT B*TCH!
If they want him to be out there.. SADDLE UP THE KIZER TRAIN THEN!
This is why we will be 0-16. NO CONTINUITY! NO GOOD LT REPLACEMENT! NO STABLE QB DECISION! NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT! NO D*CK!Kessler deserves the nod over Hogan..
I mean sure he looked great coming in relief of Kizer, but when he had the week to prepare.. it was bad..
The way Hue has handled this situation has been awful.. If you tell everyone you are going to stay with the rook, THEN LEAVE HIM IN!
If you are going to start Kessler or Hogan, then LEAVE ONE OF THEM IN!This carousel is worse than just leaving one guy out there. Kizer probably went out and got hammered because he has no confidence in himself anymore..
If they want him to ride the bench.. STRATTLE THAT B*TCH!
If they want him to be out there.. SADDLE UP THE KIZER TRAIN THEN!
This is why we will be 0-16. NO CONTINUITY! NO GOOD LT REPLACEMENT! NO STABLE QB DECISION! NO CLOCK MANAGEMENT! NO D*CK!What you don't like the newest made in Cleveland movie, "Desperation Carousel"?

-
Nobody cares to speculate what the team would look like if Hogan can stabilize the QB position?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
