Skip to content

If you’re freaked out by 1-22, you’re looking at the wrong thing

The Browns Board
48 23 2.6k
  • @ghoolie said:

    Leave him at the airport.

    Tom, I wouldn't let him get on the plane either.... Our odds of winning will go way up..... 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @hoorta said:

    Tom, I wouldn't let him get on the plane either.... Our odds of winning will go way up..... 

    Just so you know, this is another one of those instances where I was right, you were wrong...we were both hoping I was wrong, and we both wind up on the damned short end of the stick again. I am hoping the game is televised. I have my shirt and plan to be up early with my pooch, having a few screw drivers, thinking about my Mom, and hoping that the players, in the face of adversity, step up to do something fantastic. I cannot believe that this team is playing to their best potential. I jsut cannot believe any group of players can be as bad as they appear.

    This blows, to high heaven.

  • @hoorta said:

    Tom, I wouldn't let him get on the plane either.... Our odds of winning will go way up..... 

    Just so you know, this is another one of those instances where I was right, you were wrong...we were both hoping I was wrong, and we both wind up on the damned short end of the stick again. I am hoping the game is televised. I have my shirt and plan to be up early with my pooch, having a few screw drivers, thinking about my Mom, and hoping that the players, in the face of adversity, step up to do something fantastic. I cannot believe that this team is playing to their best potential. I jsut cannot believe any group of players can be as bad as they appear.

    This blows, to high heaven.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @ghoolie said:

    Just so you know, this is another one of those instances where I was right, you were wrong...we were both hoping I was wrong, and we both wind up on the damned short end of the stick again. I am hoping the game is televised. I have my shirt and plan to be up early with my pooch, having a few screw drivers, thinking about my Mom, and hoping that the players, in the face of adversity, step up to do something fantastic. I cannot believe that this team is playing to their best potential. I jsut cannot believe any group of players can be as bad as they appear.

    This blows, to high heaven.

    May not have said it, but sorry about your Mom. We just lost one of our long time wine group friends, her funeral was earlier this week. Took a header down the basement stairs and never recovered. 

    Regarding the Browns, of course it blows. You were just a little faster on the uptake of Hue's shortcomings. They've become obvious now to most of us.  No discipline, only second in the NFL in penalties. Doesn't play to his players strengths, and in-game decisions are atrocious. What pushed me over the edge was declining that 15 yard penalty. Even a pee-wee coach knows it's better to have 3rd and 16 from the 47 than 4th and one from the 32. 

    OK Ghoolie 1, Hoorta 0. Just remember I called Kizer a bust when we drafted him, for all intents and purposes he's the damn same player as RG III. I don't care if he's only 21, I don't think you can teach or coach accuracy to a guy when you've been tossing a football since you were 6 years old. Rag on Kosar all you want, but one thing Bernie had that IMHO Deshone never will is great deep ball accuracy. There's been multiple games I've been at where we had a wr break free, and all Kizer had to do was get the ball within 3 feet of him, and it was an easy TD. (Assuming of course our hands of stone WRs could actually catch the ball).  Looks like the analytics guys blew it on Britt too. I'll bet they will pay him the $5 million they still owe him after the season just to make him go away.  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    You were a bit slow Larry. He lost me with the timeout before anyone even knew the game had started a few games back. Who the hell does that?

  • You were a bit slow Larry. He lost me with the timeout before anyone even knew the game had started a few games back. Who the hell does that?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @texasag1969 said:

    You were a bit slow Larry. He lost me with the timeout before anyone even knew the game had started a few games back. Who the hell does that?

    My memory is failing me Bill.  🙂   

  • @ghoolie said:

    Just so you know, this is another one of those instances where I was right, you were wrong...we were both hoping I was wrong, and we both wind up on the damned short end of the stick again. I am hoping the game is televised. I have my shirt and plan to be up early with my pooch, having a few screw drivers, thinking about my Mom, and hoping that the players, in the face of adversity, step up to do something fantastic. I cannot believe that this team is playing to their best potential. I jsut cannot believe any group of players can be as bad as they appear.

    This blows, to high heaven.

    May not have said it, but sorry about your Mom. We just lost one of our long time wine group friends, her funeral was earlier this week. Took a header down the basement stairs and never recovered. 

    Regarding the Browns, of course it blows. You were just a little faster on the uptake of Hue's shortcomings. They've become obvious now to most of us.  No discipline, only second in the NFL in penalties. Doesn't play to his players strengths, and in-game decisions are atrocious. What pushed me over the edge was declining that 15 yard penalty. Even a pee-wee coach knows it's better to have 3rd and 16 from the 47 than 4th and one from the 32. 

    OK Ghoolie 1, Hoorta 0. Just remember I called Kizer a bust when we drafted him, for all intents and purposes he's the damn same player as RG III. I don't care if he's only 21, I don't think you can teach or coach accuracy to a guy when you've been tossing a football since you were 6 years old. Rag on Kosar all you want, but one thing Bernie had that IMHO Deshone never will is great deep ball accuracy. There's been multiple games I've been at where we had a wr break free, and all Kizer had to do was get the ball within 3 feet of him, and it was an easy TD. (Assuming of course our hands of stone WRs could actually catch the ball).  Looks like the analytics guys blew it on Britt too. I'll bet they will pay him the $5 million they still owe him after the season just to make him go away.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #45

    @hoorta said:

    May not have said it, but sorry about your Mom. We just lost one of our long time wine group friends, her funeral was earlier this week. Took a header down the basement stairs and never recovered. 

    Regarding the Browns, of course it blows. You were just a little faster on the uptake of Hue's shortcomings. They've become obvious now to most of us.  No discipline, only second in the NFL in penalties. Doesn't play to his players strengths, and in-game decisions are atrocious. What pushed me over the edge was declining that 15 yard penalty. Even a pee-wee coach knows it's better to have 3rd and 16 from the 47 than 4th and one from the 32. 

    OK Ghoolie 1, Hoorta 0. Just remember I called Kizer a bust when we drafted him, for all intents and purposes he's the damn same player as RG III. I don't care if he's only 21, I don't think you can teach or coach accuracy to a guy when you've been tossing a football since you were 6 years old. Rag on Kosar all you want, but one thing Bernie had that IMHO Deshone never will is great deep ball accuracy. There's been multiple games I've been at where we had a wr break free, and all Kizer had to do was get the ball within 3 feet of him, and it was an easy TD. (Assuming of course our hands of stone WRs could actually catch the ball).  Looks like the analytics guys blew it on Britt too. I'll bet they will pay him the $5 million they still owe him after the season just to make him go away.  

    When I saw Hue decline 3rd and 15 , I muttered to myself.. "This A$$ hole deserves to lose'.. And to think I liked the initial hire.. "Facepalms"

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You were a bit slow Larry. He lost me with the timeout before anyone even knew the game had started a few games back. Who the hell does that?

    My memory is failing me Bill.  🙂   

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @hoorta said:

    My memory is failing me Bill.  🙂   

    Who's isn't at this age. Cue the Cats.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    If you can't tell by watching that this D is vastly improved over last year's, then you have no business analyzing football in any capacity... even on a fan message board...

  • @d-bone said:

    Maybe the FO can petition to have the scoreboard turned off each week.... apparently it's misleading when the other team has a higher number on it at the end of 21 out of 22 games.

    They aren’t bothered about the score or record at the moment. They weren’t last year either. 

    That doesn’t seem to be sinking in most fans brains but you need to accept it or you’ll be banging your head against a wall every week they don’t win a game. 

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @londonbrown said:

    They aren’t bothered about the score or record at the moment. They weren’t last year either. 

    It really sucks and amounts to career suicide to have to coach under those circumstsnces.