Skip to content

Ideal Draft Pick (at this point)

The Browns Board
84 25 2.0k
  • @domcucch1994 said:

    Sign Cousins, sign a tackle to eventually replace Joe Thomas (That is, if he can make it back..)

    Draft Saquon Barkley. Kid is a scoring machne. 230lbs and runs a 4.3 40. We need a running game.

    Draft a CB with our 2nd 1st pick, and go WR, FS, LB for the next 3 picks. We can find good talent in the 2nd at those positions

    Hope to god that Josh Gordon and/or Corey Coleman can return in 2018 and play a full season..

    I can promise you Barkley doesn't run a 4.3.  

    edit:

    If we take Jackson #1 overall then this franchise Shmucking deserves to pack it up and fold.  

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tiamat63 said:

    I can promise you Barkley doesn't run a 4.3.  

    edit:

    If we take Jackson #1 overall then this franchise Shmucking deserves to pack it up and fold.  

    Honestly man, the idea of drafting a dude like Lamar used to scare the crap outta me. But it's time to at least start noticing that these freak athletes and not "prototype" QB's are becoming successful, and even franchise, level QBs. Tyrod Taylor, Watson, Prescott, Wilson, etc etc. 

    I'm not even saying I want the guy, but he's a damn good player.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Equanimeous St. Brown all the way

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I can promise you Barkley doesn't run a 4.3.  

    edit:

    If we take Jackson #1 overall then this franchise Shmucking deserves to pack it up and fold.  

    Honestly man, the idea of drafting a dude like Lamar used to scare the crap outta me. But it's time to at least start noticing that these freak athletes and not "prototype" QB's are becoming successful, and even franchise, level QBs. Tyrod Taylor, Watson, Prescott, Wilson, etc etc. 

    I'm not even saying I want the guy, but he's a damn good player.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #30

    @jrb12711 said:

    Honestly man, the idea of drafting a dude like Lamar used to scare the crap outta me. But it's time to at least start noticing that these freak athletes and not "prototype" QB's are becoming successful, and even franchise, level QBs. Tyrod Taylor, Watson, Prescott, Wilson, etc etc. 

    I'm not even saying I want the guy, but he's a damn good player.

    Hue seeing the earth move with RG3 should scare most on here with Lamar. Saw Lamar in Raleigh & NC State's Ryan Finley just out pro'd Lamar in the pocket that night..Lamar seemed to give up on trusting his arm to open receivers for his feet that night..Not a good idea at next level..Good size, Freak Athletic fits Lamar from my seats thou.. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    The players you listed aren't freak athletes - not even Watson.   They're mobile passes but they are passers first and foremost. 

  • The players you listed aren't freak athletes - not even Watson.   They're mobile passes but they are passers first and foremost. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #32

    @tiamat63 said:

    The players you listed aren't freak athletes - not even Watson.   They're mobile passes but they are passers first and foremost. 

    And id argue Lamar Jackson is a much better passer than he gets credit for, he just doesn't have the offense and players to show it. And I guess we totally disagree about Watson.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #33

    It's simple, the Browns just need to do the Costanza

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Josh Rosen if his off field stuff checks out 

  • Josh Rosen if his off field stuff checks out 

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @londonbrown said:

    Josh Rosen if his off field stuff checks out 

    Which it won’t 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Rosen/UCLA @ #12 Wash. now on ESPN 2    3-3 score with 3:56 to go in the 1st. UCLA ball

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #37

    NC State QB Ryan Finley & Good OL at ND in 39 degree First Energy Field weather..Rain possible..7-7 1st 2:36 left.. EDIT-Want a LDE Cleve? NCSU Sr. #9 Bradley Chubbs  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #38

    Rosen throws a pinpoint strike between 3 defenders for an 8 yd. TD. 9-10 in the 2nd. Missed Extra point for UCLA.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #39

    Finley takes a chit skip on drop as LG schooled on blitz. Finley still throws TD pass corner route. Kizer loses QB rushing for TD's record broken at 12.. Ballgame 14-14. 8 mins 2nd 

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I don't think Rosen is franchise QB material

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #41

    At the half..I will pay the 2M buy out this season & trade Hue Jackson to Penn State for HC James Franklin take Barkley at #1 than who ever shakes loose to us next QB Trace McSorley(dude could come out now) or QB Ryan Finley..

  • I think Lamar Jacksonis going to be viewed as the top QB prospect when it's all said and done. Say what you will, but the guy has a skill set that is EERILY similar to Mike Vick, and the type of game that is quickly becoming more of the norm in the NFL. He's honestly a more polished RG3 without the injury concerns.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @jrb12711 said:

    I think Lamar Jacksonis going to be viewed as the top QB prospect when it's all said and done. Say what you will, but the guy has a skill set that is EERILY similar to Mike Vick, and the type of game that is quickly becoming more of the norm in the NFL. He's honestly a more polished RG3 without the injury concerns.

    ouch!

    vs. wake forest? c'mon man!

  • At the half..I will pay the 2M buy out this season & trade Hue Jackson to Penn State for HC James Franklin take Barkley at #1 than who ever shakes loose to us next QB Trace McSorley(dude could come out now) or QB Ryan Finley..

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @gumby73 said:

    At the half..I will pay the 2M buy out this season & trade Hue Jackson to Penn State for HC James Franklin take Barkley at #1 than who ever shakes loose to us next QB Trace McSorley(dude could come out now) or QB Ryan Finley..

    Trace McSorley? Seriously?

  • @gumby73 said:

    At the half..I will pay the 2M buy out this season & trade Hue Jackson to Penn State for HC James Franklin take Barkley at #1 than who ever shakes loose to us next QB Trace McSorley(dude could come out now) or QB Ryan Finley..

    Trace McSorley? Seriously?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    Trace McSorley? Seriously?

    No, but there's always the year after..eligible in 19 draft  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Trace McSorley? Seriously?

    No, but there's always the year after..eligible in 19 draft  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @gumby73 said:

    No, but there's always the year after..eligible in 19 draft  

    I never got the impression that he was considered a legit NFL QB prospect? Am I wrong about this?

  • @gumby73 said:

    No, but there's always the year after..eligible in 19 draft  

    I never got the impression that he was considered a legit NFL QB prospect? Am I wrong about this?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #46

    @dutch-oven said:

    I never got the impression that he was considered a legit NFL QB prospect? Am I wrong about this?

    Did ya watch Trace's bowl game last season with USC?..started there..Like Josh Allen, not much in big receiver talent, but good TE's.we should see next season if Franklin gets Trace some WR help..  

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I would like a good size qb who has played with midgit receivers and has thrown it with pin point accuracy.