Skip to content

Ideal Draft Pick (at this point)

The Browns Board
84 25 2.0k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Decent amount of draft talk, so I figured I'd join in. My question:

    Who is your ideal Draft pick for the Browns, based on what we know now?

    My pick is Derwin James. While I think Peppers can learn that center fielder role, I think he would be much more productive closer to the LOS. That means we would need a true FS, and that's what James is. He's incredibly versatile, and will be one of the top picks this draft. Pairing James, Peppers and a creative DC gives us countless options and schemes on D. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #2

    Based on what we know now, I take the highest rated QB.

    Based on what I hope - The Browns signing a big time vet QB like Cousins, then I would like the best offensive skill position player. 

    ^ No names I know, but I'll leave that for the part time college scouts that reside on this board...... Looking forward to looking back (that was Yogi Berra like) at this post come next April.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Trade down for picks lower in the draft and for some more picks in rounds one and two next year.

    That WILL be the scenario, based on experience, if this FO is to continue to be in control next year.  

    So, that means start looking for prospects that are rated in the teens and 20s.

    Guys like Mike McGlintchey OT Notre Dame    or Dean Cain WR Clemson or Jaire Alexander CB Louisville  or Luke Falk QB Wash. St. 

    That sort of thing....rather than the top prospects.

    And, by the way.....whose extra pick do we have for next year?   OK, I checked it out....they have their own in round one plus the Texans.  They have their own in round 2, plus the Texans and the Eagles. 

    Texans could win their division....so that will be low....in the 20s probably.  And the Eagles could win the SB....that pick from them that we have may be #64...or in the 60s somewhere. 

    (And yes....of course....we know that the Browns are the instruments of their own destruction....have traded the rights to both Wentz and Watson....who are leading those two teams probably both to playoff berths)

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I think Lamar Jacksonis going to be viewed as the top QB prospect when it's all said and done. Say what you will, but the guy has a skill set that is EERILY similar to Mike Vick, and the type of game that is quickly becoming more of the norm in the NFL. He's honestly a more polished RG3 without the injury concerns.

  • B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #5

    With so many draft picks and so little talent on the roster, just pick the best player available regardless of position, because wherever he plays you surely have a need there.

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Sign Cousins, sign a tackle to eventually replace Joe Thomas (That is, if he can make it back..)

    Draft Saquon Barkley. Kid is a scoring machne. 230lbs and runs a 4.3 40. We need a running game.

    Draft a CB with our 2nd 1st pick, and go WR, FS, LB for the next 3 picks. We can find good talent in the 2nd at those positions

    Hope to god that Josh Gordon and/or Corey Coleman can return in 2018 and play a full season..

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    quarterback obviously

    no brainer

    unless y'all want to roll with kessler and kizer again

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    QB is a given, and I'm not sure which one yet.

    Beyond QB, I'll go with LT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I have to agree with mudfly that it's a shame we have so many promising (to varying degrees) strong safeties on this team and no FS. Those were just wasted picks as long as they're on the bench (we can worry about depth later).

  • Decent amount of draft talk, so I figured I'd join in. My question:

    Who is your ideal Draft pick for the Browns, based on what we know now?

    My pick is Derwin James. While I think Peppers can learn that center fielder role, I think he would be much more productive closer to the LOS. That means we would need a true FS, and that's what James is. He's incredibly versatile, and will be one of the top picks this draft. Pairing James, Peppers and a creative DC gives us countless options and schemes on D. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mld-woody said:

    Decent amount of draft talk, so I figured I'd join in. My question:

    Who is your ideal Draft pick for the Browns, based on what we know now?

    My pick is Derwin James. While I think Peppers can learn that center fielder role, I think he would be much more productive closer to the LOS. That means we would need a true FS, and that's what James is. He's incredibly versatile, and will be one of the top picks this draft. Pairing James, Peppers and a creative DC gives us countless options and schemes on D. 

    Everyone on this board knows I'm an FSU boy, and I still live in Tallahassee.  Derwin is cut from a different cloth, and even though it's been a tough year for my boys, he's been pretty awesome.  We're basically down to our 4th string QB, and he's a TRUE freshman.  We lost our first string QB to injury, our 2nd string when a drunk fat girl kept hitting him and he knocked her out, and then the #1 QB prospect in the universe when he kept snorting coke.  4th string QB = disaster.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Yeah this year it has to be QB im afraid. Id love me some saquon tho. But we need a QB and a LT

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I haven't seen Lamar Jackson at all.  But people were getting their panties in a bunch about watson too.  Talking about he's rg4... He'll get injured right away... Can't make plays in the NFL.. Noodle arm,  not a pocket passer Etc. He's looked awesome so far.  

    No need to scout buckeyes... We all know that the Browns will never pick any of them ever.  

  • I haven't seen Lamar Jackson at all.  But people were getting their panties in a bunch about watson too.  Talking about he's rg4... He'll get injured right away... Can't make plays in the NFL.. Noodle arm,  not a pocket passer Etc. He's looked awesome so far.  

    No need to scout buckeyes... We all know that the Browns will never pick any of them ever.  

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #13

    @sd_tom said:

    No need to scout buckeyes... We all know that the Browns will never pick any of them ever.  

    Pls tell me ur not insinuating we should scout barrett, ur not doing that right? Right?

  • @sd_tom said:

    No need to scout buckeyes... We all know that the Browns will never pick any of them ever.  

    Pls tell me ur not insinuating we should scout barrett, ur not doing that right? Right?

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @clevfan4life said:

    Pls tell me ur not insinuating we should scout barrett, ur not doing that right? Right?

    F no.  Barrett isn't an NFL qb. But they always have studs at about 8 different positions in every single draft.  We get to see most of them making plays against us every weekend.  

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Barkley or bust. Crowell isn't the answer at RB, face it. He's an over performing 6th rounder that is basically average at best. He trips over his own feet- CONSISTENTLY. I root for Crowell but he is a backup RB. Barkley-Crowell-Duke-and a FB and that is a good stable. 

  • Barkley or bust. Crowell isn't the answer at RB, face it. He's an over performing 6th rounder that is basically average at best. He trips over his own feet- CONSISTENTLY. I root for Crowell but he is a backup RB. Barkley-Crowell-Duke-and a FB and that is a good stable. 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @poeticg said:

    Barkley or bust. Crowell isn't the answer at RB, face it. He's an over performing 6th rounder that is basically average at best. He trips over his own feet- CONSISTENTLY. I root for Crowell but he is a backup RB. Barkley-Crowell-Duke-and a FB and that is a good stable. 

    Hue plays favorites, and he loves Crow. That's why dukes not a 3 down back. I'm literally so sick of crows runs for one yard or no game. It isn't fooling anyone.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Take Barkley with the 1st first round pick and the best LT to replace Thomas. Or if you have to... flip those but make sure to move up enough to get Barkley. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Barkley or bust. Crowell isn't the answer at RB, face it. He's an over performing 6th rounder that is basically average at best. He trips over his own feet- CONSISTENTLY. I root for Crowell but he is a backup RB. Barkley-Crowell-Duke-and a FB and that is a good stable. 

    Hue plays favorites, and he loves Crow. That's why dukes not a 3 down back. I'm literally so sick of crows runs for one yard or no game. It isn't fooling anyone.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @stillmotion said:

    Hue plays favorites, and he loves Crow. That's why dukes not a 3 down back. I'm literally so sick of crows runs for one yard or no game. It isn't fooling anyone.

    The "GoOd" part about our FO is they ARE numbers guys and Crowell is a FA next year. We are gonna make him walk just like Pryor and just like Haden, if he doesn't take a substantial pay reduction. Barkley is better AND younger AND Cheaper...

  • @stillmotion said:

    Hue plays favorites, and he loves Crow. That's why dukes not a 3 down back. I'm literally so sick of crows runs for one yard or no game. It isn't fooling anyone.

    The "GoOd" part about our FO is they ARE numbers guys and Crowell is a FA next year. We are gonna make him walk just like Pryor and just like Haden, if he doesn't take a substantial pay reduction. Barkley is better AND younger AND Cheaper...

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @poeticg said:

    The "GoOd" part about our FO is they ARE numbers guys and Crowell is a FA next year. We are gonna make him walk just like Pryor and just like Haden, if he doesn't take a substantial pay reduction. Barkley is better AND younger AND Cheaper...

    if hue stays, i bet we resign crow to a 3 year deal.

  • Barkley or bust. Crowell isn't the answer at RB, face it. He's an over performing 6th rounder that is basically average at best. He trips over his own feet- CONSISTENTLY. I root for Crowell but he is a backup RB. Barkley-Crowell-Duke-and a FB and that is a good stable. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @poeticg said:

    Barkley or bust. Crowell isn't the answer at RB, face it. He's an over performing 6th rounder that is basically average at best. He trips over his own feet- CONSISTENTLY. I root for Crowell but he is a backup RB. Barkley-Crowell-Duke-and a FB and that is a good stable. 

    I think Barkley would make a better TE than RB. He could go after passes the way he went after rebounds.   Oh....wait... Wrong Barkley?

    You prefer this one:

    d07cbarkley-in-drag-thumb-400xauto-33088