Skip to content

Offensive Linemen? Dime-a-Dozen? You Damn Right.

The Browns Board
14 9 455
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Hahahahahahahaha!

    Dude, I'm sure there's a Steelers board you can go to.

  • G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Don't worry, I'll set him straight in the comfort of his own board.

    While we all love Big Al in Pittsburgh it's EXTREMELY apparent who the weak link is in our line.

    And Al and Joe Thomas are not even in the same universe as far as talent at the LT position goes. It's laughable to even mention them in the same sentence when talking ability.

    Joe Thomas is the STANDARD at LT.

    Big Al isn't even as good as our former LT Kelvin Beachum.

    If you believe they're the same..........well you probably work for the Clowns scouting department....... would explain alot.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #4

    I'm unsure what the end goal of this thread is.  If you actually think Vill$yeorht is "badass" -- then I don't trust your definition of badass.  To paraphrase Tony Soprano, there's good and there's not good... and he's not good.

    No way we're going LT with the 1 next season - I'm not against Lamar Jackson.

    And with the Texans pick later in the first it's one of DL/DB/WR.

    Earliest we select OT in the draft is second round -- probably the Browns legacy, Orlando Brown Jr.  And even you can't disagree that Shon's doing well at RT.

    But if OL talent was so easy.. then we'd be able to replace JT with Random Baylor Stiff.... and how's that worked out for Seattle after they won the SB with the NFL's most expensive OL?

  • Alejandro Villenueava......un-drafted free agent...............an absolute badass LT.......Bigger, faster, more agile,  more powerful, and overall a broader skill set than Joe Thomas.

    Tomlin........a real coach spotted this guy. Nobody wanted him, Now? Well, God willing he stays healthy, he will probably have a SB ring as a LT for 2017.

    As I have said all along. The offensive line is very important. HOWEVER............. the talent that it takes to play this position is just not that hard to come by. Yes, one has to know how to spot it and coach it, BUT BUT BUT..............you cannot translate the Browns inability to find good OL talent as proof that OL talent is hard to come by. Rather this is proof that the Browns FO and HC simply do not know how to assess talent.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Villanueva_(American_football)

    Thank you for your patronage!

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #5

    @ghoolie said:

    Alejandro Villenueava......un-drafted free agent...............an absolute badass LT.......Bigger, faster, more agile,  more powerful, and overall a broader skill set than Joe Thomas.

    Tomlin........a real coach spotted this guy. Nobody wanted him, Now? Well, God willing he stays healthy, he will probably have a SB ring as a LT for 2017.

    As I have said all along. The offensive line is very important. HOWEVER............. the talent that it takes to play this position is just not that hard to come by. Yes, one has to know how to spot it and coach it, BUT BUT BUT..............you cannot translate the Browns inability to find good OL talent as proof that OL talent is hard to come by. Rather this is proof that the Browns FO and HC simply do not know how to assess talent.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Villanueva_(American_football)

    Thank you for your patronage!

    watch and learn my friend over the next half a season what it looks like to have no OL (esp LT). i guess u'll say then the QB is scrambling for his life cuz he sucks not because there are 3 defensive players pulling him down from the backside because of bad OL play and lack of talent..

  • I'm unsure what the end goal of this thread is.  If you actually think Vill$yeorht is "badass" -- then I don't trust your definition of badass.  To paraphrase Tony Soprano, there's good and there's not good... and he's not good.

    No way we're going LT with the 1 next season - I'm not against Lamar Jackson.

    And with the Texans pick later in the first it's one of DL/DB/WR.

    Earliest we select OT in the draft is second round -- probably the Browns legacy, Orlando Brown Jr.  And even you can't disagree that Shon's doing well at RT.

    But if OL talent was so easy.. then we'd be able to replace JT with Random Baylor Stiff.... and how's that worked out for Seattle after they won the SB with the NFL's most expensive OL?

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @unsympathetic said:

    I'm unsure what the end goal of this thread is.  If you actually think Vill$yeorht is "badass" -- then I don't trust your definition of badass.  To paraphrase Tony Soprano, there's good and there's not good... and he's not good.

    No way we're going LT with the 1 next season - I'm not against Lamar Jackson.

    And with the Texans pick later in the first it's one of DL/DB/WR.

    Earliest we select OT in the draft is second round -- probably the Browns legacy, Orlando Brown Jr.  And even you can't disagree that Shon's doing well at RT.

    But if OL talent was so easy.. then we'd be able to replace JT with Random Baylor Stiff.... and how's that worked out for Seattle after they won the SB with the NFL's most expensive OL?

    Yes, yes, yes,  with the _ _ we pick... and then we pick _ _ _ _,  ANd while the rest of the NFL teams take playmakers,  we continue to pass on them, take schidt players and AMASS ASSETS.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #7

    That moment when you try to troll Browns fans by telling them a Steelers player is superior than yours, only to be called out by a Steelers fan as being full of Sheet.

    Priceless.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #8

    And if i remember the steelers game correctly, nassib was coming off that left side and getting within a couple **MASK** hairs of ben. That game made me think for a second that nassib and ogbah had made significant offseason progress despite what i saw in preseason. Nope.....nassib and og still suck at pass rushing

  • I'm unsure what the end goal of this thread is.  If you actually think Vill$yeorht is "badass" -- then I don't trust your definition of badass.  To paraphrase Tony Soprano, there's good and there's not good... and he's not good.

    No way we're going LT with the 1 next season - I'm not against Lamar Jackson.

    And with the Texans pick later in the first it's one of DL/DB/WR.

    Earliest we select OT in the draft is second round -- probably the Browns legacy, Orlando Brown Jr.  And even you can't disagree that Shon's doing well at RT.

    But if OL talent was so easy.. then we'd be able to replace JT with Random Baylor Stiff.... and how's that worked out for Seattle after they won the SB with the NFL's most expensive OL?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @unsympathetic said:

    To paraphrase Tony Soprano, there's good and there's not good... and he's not good.

    Where do people keep getting these made up Tony Soprano quotes?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Also, I love the exception proves the rule thing here.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    To paraphrase Tony Soprano, there's good and there's not good... and he's not good.

    Where do people keep getting these made up Tony Soprano quotes?

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @wargograw said:

    Where do people keep getting these made up Tony Soprano quotes?

    Your answer, to paraphrase Tony Soprano....them that know, don't talk, Them that talk, don't know.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #12

    That is not a Tony Soprano quote either. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 

  • Also, I love the exception proves the rule thing here.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wargograw said:

    Also, I love the exception proves the rule thing here.

    Some people just never get that, an old saying "never let the exception become the rule"......how true. 

  • That is not a Tony Soprano quote either. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #14

    @wargograw said:

    That is not a Tony Soprano quote either. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 

    Memba when Tony told Carmela "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn..."

    That was cool.

    And then Carmela, in a rage, screamed: "English motherShmucker, do you speak it?"