Skip to content

Kizer will have his career day now that Thomas is out of the way.

The Browns Board
56 21 2.3k
  • Ghoolie...I don't see it, and I don't even see a LITTLE bit of it.  You seriously think Kizer and our offense are going to have their best performance of the season now that a hall of fame LT is out for the year and we play the best defense in the entire league that bags a league-high 20+ pressures, QB hits, and sacks combined EACH GAME?  Do you have any idea how completely insane that is?

    Listen, I'm not "mad at you", and I'm not "yelling at you" or anything like that, I'm just wholeheartedly disagreeing with you.  Do I WANT you to be right?  OMG yes, you have no idea.  But here's the simple truth:  The Vikings have a super fast, super huge, and absurdly talented defense that gets to the QB seemingly at will.  They get a ton of sacks, bunches of INT's, and they don't have to blitz to get pressure.  But it gets worse.  They are stout against the run, and they have perhaps the best linebacker duo in the game today.  

    There are no guarantees in life or the NFL, and it's true, anything COULD happen, but if I was a betting man, I'd be throwing my coin down on a Vikings blowout win.  Keep in mind that we aren't scoring hardly ANY offensive TD's, and the last one I can even THINK of was the garbage time TD against the Texans that I think was aided by several terrible penalties.  It's like I've said in other posts...WE DON'T SCORE TOUCHDOWNS.  Think about that for a minute.  We don't even get the occasional RB touchdown.  We don't get close to the goal line and slam it home with a RB, or with a QB sneak.  We had ONE play that was directed to the end zone last week, and it was a miserable throw to Njoku that he couldn't even touch.  You add up all these things, and what are we left with?  Nothing good.  

    I seriously hope our punter is well-rested because I don't see us getting a ton of FIRST downs, let alone TOUCHDOWNS.  And I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to be Negative Nancy, but it's not like I'm making any of these things up.  These are facts, people.  We DON'T score touchdowns.  We DON'T run the ball into the end zone, we DON'T have game-breaking plays from our receivers, and I don't even know HOW we'd score this week, let alone have our best offensive performance like you stated.  Prediction?

    Kizer - 17 of 41 for 159 yards and zero passing TD's and two INT's.  He runs a garbage time TD in the 4th quarter.

    Vikings - 27

    Browns - 13

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ghoolie...I don't see it, and I don't even see a LITTLE bit of it.  You seriously think Kizer and our offense are going to have their best performance of the season now that a hall of fame LT is out for the year and we play the best defense in the entire league that bags a league-high 20+ pressures, QB hits, and sacks combined EACH GAME?  Do you have any idea how completely insane that is?

    Listen, I'm not "mad at you", and I'm not "yelling at you" or anything like that, I'm just wholeheartedly disagreeing with you.  Do I WANT you to be right?  OMG yes, you have no idea.  But here's the simple truth:  The Vikings have a super fast, super huge, and absurdly talented defense that gets to the QB seemingly at will.  They get a ton of sacks, bunches of INT's, and they don't have to blitz to get pressure.  But it gets worse.  They are stout against the run, and they have perhaps the best linebacker duo in the game today.  

    There are no guarantees in life or the NFL, and it's true, anything COULD happen, but if I was a betting man, I'd be throwing my coin down on a Vikings blowout win.  Keep in mind that we aren't scoring hardly ANY offensive TD's, and the last one I can even THINK of was the garbage time TD against the Texans that I think was aided by several terrible penalties.  It's like I've said in other posts...WE DON'T SCORE TOUCHDOWNS.  Think about that for a minute.  We don't even get the occasional RB touchdown.  We don't get close to the goal line and slam it home with a RB, or with a QB sneak.  We had ONE play that was directed to the end zone last week, and it was a miserable throw to Njoku that he couldn't even touch.  You add up all these things, and what are we left with?  Nothing good.  

    I seriously hope our punter is well-rested because I don't see us getting a ton of FIRST downs, let alone TOUCHDOWNS.  And I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to be Negative Nancy, but it's not like I'm making any of these things up.  These are facts, people.  We DON'T score touchdowns.  We DON'T run the ball into the end zone, we DON'T have game-breaking plays from our receivers, and I don't even know HOW we'd score this week, let alone have our best offensive performance like you stated.  Prediction?

    Kizer - 17 of 41 for 159 yards and zero passing TD's and two INT's.  He runs a garbage time TD in the 4th quarter.

    Vikings - 27

    Browns - 13

    Just watch and learn about life and the human spirit.  Football is much, much more than analytics and xs and os, In fact, the analytical part is really meaningless and insignificant. The only purpose it serves is drawing fans into buy more crapola.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Browns will not score 13 on the Vikings. 3? Maybe.

  • I swear this board collectively has Stockholm Syndrome or something regarding this numbnut. You guys constantly bitch about him being a troll, yet cannot show any self-restraint from arguing with him.

    HE'S A TROLL. THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT A TROLL IS TO NOT FEED SAID TROLL. IF NO ONE RESPONDS, TROLL HAS NO POWER.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @dutch-oven said:

    I swear this board collectively has Stockholm Syndrome or something regarding this numbnut. You guys constantly bitch about him being a troll, yet cannot show any self-restraint from arguing with him.

    HE'S A TROLL. THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT A TROLL IS TO NOT FEED SAID TROLL. IF NO ONE RESPONDS, TROLL HAS NO POWER.

    It's entertainment 

  • Browns will not score 13 on the Vikings. 3? Maybe.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @texasag1969 said:

    Browns will not score 13 on the Vikings. 3? Maybe.

    Yup, agree.... I'll say:

    Browns  10

    Vikes      26

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Ghoolie...I don't see it, and I don't even see a LITTLE bit of it.  You seriously think Kizer and our offense are going to have their best performance of the season now that a hall of fame LT is out for the year and we play the best defense in the entire league that bags a league-high 20+ pressures, QB hits, and sacks combined EACH GAME?  Do you have any idea how completely insane that is?

    Listen, I'm not "mad at you", and I'm not "yelling at you" or anything like that, I'm just wholeheartedly disagreeing with you.  Do I WANT you to be right?  OMG yes, you have no idea.  But here's the simple truth:  The Vikings have a super fast, super huge, and absurdly talented defense that gets to the QB seemingly at will.  They get a ton of sacks, bunches of INT's, and they don't have to blitz to get pressure.  But it gets worse.  They are stout against the run, and they have perhaps the best linebacker duo in the game today.  

    There are no guarantees in life or the NFL, and it's true, anything COULD happen, but if I was a betting man, I'd be throwing my coin down on a Vikings blowout win.  Keep in mind that we aren't scoring hardly ANY offensive TD's, and the last one I can even THINK of was the garbage time TD against the Texans that I think was aided by several terrible penalties.  It's like I've said in other posts...WE DON'T SCORE TOUCHDOWNS.  Think about that for a minute.  We don't even get the occasional RB touchdown.  We don't get close to the goal line and slam it home with a RB, or with a QB sneak.  We had ONE play that was directed to the end zone last week, and it was a miserable throw to Njoku that he couldn't even touch.  You add up all these things, and what are we left with?  Nothing good.  

    I seriously hope our punter is well-rested because I don't see us getting a ton of FIRST downs, let alone TOUCHDOWNS.  And I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to be Negative Nancy, but it's not like I'm making any of these things up.  These are facts, people.  We DON'T score touchdowns.  We DON'T run the ball into the end zone, we DON'T have game-breaking plays from our receivers, and I don't even know HOW we'd score this week, let alone have our best offensive performance like you stated.  Prediction?

    Kizer - 17 of 41 for 159 yards and zero passing TD's and two INT's.  He runs a garbage time TD in the 4th quarter.

    Vikings - 27

    Browns - 13

    Just watch and learn about life and the human spirit.  Football is much, much more than analytics and xs and os, In fact, the analytical part is really meaningless and insignificant. The only purpose it serves is drawing fans into buy more crapola.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @ghoolie said:

    Just watch and learn about life and the human spirit.  Football is much, much more than analytics and xs and os, In fact, the analytical part is really meaningless and insignificant. The only purpose it serves is drawing fans into buy more crapola.

    Well buddy...I'll be the first one to eat crow if I'm wrong. Hope you're right! 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I think we'll score a touchdown in garbage time. We'll be down 27-6 and the Vikings will have their backups in, and we'll get a score assisted by the referees when they call phantom defensive holding penalties because they feel sorry for us. 

    When you look at our pathetic offense, you struggle to even find a guy who is CAPABLE of scoring. Crow isn't going to break one off unless there's a SERIOUS breakdown in the defense. There isn't going to be a touchdown PASS because...well...Kizer completely sucks and shouldn't be playing right now. Probably our best chance of scoring is for a defensive back to fall down and Kizer gets hit as he throws, THAT way the ball might actually get redirected by the defender and somehow make it to the wide receiver. Of course, our receiver still has to CATCH the ball, but as long as it's not Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis or Kenny "Ten Thumbs" Britt...we could be ok. That's it folks. That's our best chance to score a TD. Oh, and all that has to happen BEFORE we make it across the other team's 40, because that's when Kizer truly likes to turn it over. 

    I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

  • I think we'll score a touchdown in garbage time. We'll be down 27-6 and the Vikings will have their backups in, and we'll get a score assisted by the referees when they call phantom defensive holding penalties because they feel sorry for us. 

    When you look at our pathetic offense, you struggle to even find a guy who is CAPABLE of scoring. Crow isn't going to break one off unless there's a SERIOUS breakdown in the defense. There isn't going to be a touchdown PASS because...well...Kizer completely sucks and shouldn't be playing right now. Probably our best chance of scoring is for a defensive back to fall down and Kizer gets hit as he throws, THAT way the ball might actually get redirected by the defender and somehow make it to the wide receiver. Of course, our receiver still has to CATCH the ball, but as long as it's not Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis or Kenny "Ten Thumbs" Britt...we could be ok. That's it folks. That's our best chance to score a TD. Oh, and all that has to happen BEFORE we make it across the other team's 40, because that's when Kizer truly likes to turn it over. 

    I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

    That's why I think Ghoolie is just trolling with his win prediction. He's not that stupid. If I had the Vikings defense on my fantasy team, I'd play them this week and clean up max points. They are that good and we are that bad. And Diggs is back to full participation in practice and will tear up our secondary, even with Case starting. The most interesting part of the game will be if their running game can actually move it on our running defense. Makes a great match-up on paper. Stay tuned.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Ok, I will try and be somewhat serious. You're right in that our rush defense is not to be trifled with, but we also take a giant step backwards from losing Garrett. Many of our fans probably see Garrett as a pass rusher, which he is, but Garrett is also a monster against the run (although he has much to improve on). For example, on our 4th down, goal line stand, Myles Garrett had THREE Titans on him, and he somehow STILL pushed them inside. If you want to see the actual clip, check out the latest Hue Jackson show...they feature it. 

    Anyways, losing Garrett will hurt in a variety of ways, and I think we remember our defense without him. Now, the Vikings are without Cook, my beloved FSU RB who I desperately wanted for our team. Regardless, they will run the ball a lot, and we will absolutely need to force them into 3rd and long. Now, I will tell you that Case Keenum is a premier backup QB in the league. He takes care of the ball, completes about 65% of his passes, and has a quick release. But...the Vikings beat writer said Case Keenum is definitely a guy who likes to take a few chances, and he recently threw about 4 passes that could've/should've been picked, but the defense didn't make the play. At any rate, we'll have some opportunities for turnovers, and we'll need them to keep game close. 

    As for our offense, it's beyond safe to say we're in a world of trouble. Forgetting the awful fact we lost Joe, our qb isn't going to have time, and Vikings don't have to blitz...even though they can and they will bring virtually any position at any time. Be prepared for a litany of 3 and outs, and several 3rd downs where Kizer throws it away. HOPEFULLY Kizer can damage them on the ground and use his wheels a bit more, and don't be surprised if we implement a very heavy read-option approach on some drives. Hue is going to explore with different strategies because he knows he can't just drop his qb back and pass the ball down the field. What we really need is a spark play. Something that breaks for a TD while the game is close. A deep seam pass to Njoku on a safety blitz, or a quick slant to Dreggs that goes the distance, or a perfectly thrown deep ball to someone that takes it to the darn house. This won't be a game where we sustain 13 play drives that culminate in a 2 yard Crow smash touchdown. If we score tds, it's likely to come from a splash play...something that's eluded us for years now. 

    I keep coming back to the loss of Garrett and how completely awful it is for us. If there is any good news, it's that Hue intimated his concussion was more mild, and we have our bye week after this London game. We should have him back and our defense should be full strength for our next game. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

    That's why I think Ghoolie is just trolling with his win prediction. He's not that stupid. If I had the Vikings defense on my fantasy team, I'd play them this week and clean up max points. They are that good and we are that bad. And Diggs is back to full participation in practice and will tear up our secondary, even with Case starting. The most interesting part of the game will be if their running game can actually move it on our running defense. Makes a great match-up on paper. Stay tuned.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ghoolie is just trolling

    Everything else was just superfluous.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Browns will not score 13 on the Vikings. 3? Maybe.

    Yup, agree.... I'll say:

    Browns  10

    Vikes      26

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

    @d-bone said:

    Yup, agree.... I'll say:

    Browns  10

    Vikes      26

    Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #36

    kizers not the guy

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    I said Kizer would be like 17-41 for 159 yards and no passing touchdowns, but that he'd run one in. Did I about nail it? I whiffed on the two picks, but honestly I kind of didn't because he threw at least two balls that SHOULD'VE been picked, but somehow weren't. 

    It's like I say in every post about Kizer. He...doesn't...throw...TOUCHDOWNS. I seriously don't know what else there is to say. Did you SEE the Retardedness of Kizer in the red zone? Tell me you didn't think he was going to turn it over each time he dropped back in the red zone. When he threw that truly awful pass to Njoku I thought it was going the other way for 90 yards. I really did. I'm seriously to the point where I want to put Kessler or Hogan in whenever we get into the red zone area because Kizer just doesn't have it. I don't know how much more proof we could possibly need. And I don't want to hear how he's a rookie and that he'll learn, or he needs more time. No. If he has to learn to throw it to the open guy in the end zone, or if he has to learn how to throw a fade pass to 6'5 high jumper...i don't want him. 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

  • Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

    The analytics must not have valued Watson very highly. 

    Wonder who in the chain of scouting and aquisition made that call.

  • Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @ghoolie said:

    Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

    kizer played like Sheet. The loss wasn't all on him by any means, but he didn't play well.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Kizer is playing as he was projected, which was a "project".

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

  • I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @mark-o said:

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

    that's not the problem, Hue should yank any qb who misses multiple wide open wr's a game. There's throws you can excuse as "rookie sht" and then there's what in the all Shmuck are you throwing at young man kind of throws that if you make more than one of those a game you ought to sit and contemplate life for the second half. I wouldn't have been upset with Hue if he yanked Kizer today after the first half. Not that Kizer was playing absolutely but fukking horrible but again there's these unexplainable throws that at least today didn't back fire quite like they did last sunday. Our qb's need to understand that missing certain easy throws get you potentially yanked, otherwise there's this carefree attitude well i'm not getting yanked so bombs away. If the offensive play calling gets a wr wide the Shmuck open and the QB is not under duress....these throws are 'automatic" at the d3 level. So enough of this cowpoop about hue hurting the poor guys confidence. I almost feel like if I had made some of these Shmuck ups id take myself out of the game. These misses are "HUGE" issues. Our passing offense just doesn't look in sync and it's both the QB play and the wr play, they're not syncing up with each other and if it wasn't for the run game today would have been another blowout.