Skip to content

Kizer will have his career day now that Thomas is out of the way.

The Browns Board
56 21 2.3k
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

    That's why I think Ghoolie is just trolling with his win prediction. He's not that stupid. If I had the Vikings defense on my fantasy team, I'd play them this week and clean up max points. They are that good and we are that bad. And Diggs is back to full participation in practice and will tear up our secondary, even with Case starting. The most interesting part of the game will be if their running game can actually move it on our running defense. Makes a great match-up on paper. Stay tuned.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ghoolie is just trolling

    Everything else was just superfluous.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Browns will not score 13 on the Vikings. 3? Maybe.

    Yup, agree.... I'll say:

    Browns  10

    Vikes      26

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

    @d-bone said:

    Yup, agree.... I'll say:

    Browns  10

    Vikes      26

    Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #36

    kizers not the guy

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    I said Kizer would be like 17-41 for 159 yards and no passing touchdowns, but that he'd run one in. Did I about nail it? I whiffed on the two picks, but honestly I kind of didn't because he threw at least two balls that SHOULD'VE been picked, but somehow weren't. 

    It's like I say in every post about Kizer. He...doesn't...throw...TOUCHDOWNS. I seriously don't know what else there is to say. Did you SEE the Retardedness of Kizer in the red zone? Tell me you didn't think he was going to turn it over each time he dropped back in the red zone. When he threw that truly awful pass to Njoku I thought it was going the other way for 90 yards. I really did. I'm seriously to the point where I want to put Kessler or Hogan in whenever we get into the red zone area because Kizer just doesn't have it. I don't know how much more proof we could possibly need. And I don't want to hear how he's a rookie and that he'll learn, or he needs more time. No. If he has to learn to throw it to the open guy in the end zone, or if he has to learn how to throw a fade pass to 6'5 high jumper...i don't want him. 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

  • Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

    The analytics must not have valued Watson very highly. 

    Wonder who in the chain of scouting and aquisition made that call.

  • Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @ghoolie said:

    Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

    kizer played like Sheet. The loss wasn't all on him by any means, but he didn't play well.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Kizer is playing as he was projected, which was a "project".

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

  • I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

    But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

    I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @mark-o said:

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

    that's not the problem, Hue should yank any qb who misses multiple wide open wr's a game. There's throws you can excuse as "rookie sht" and then there's what in the all Shmuck are you throwing at young man kind of throws that if you make more than one of those a game you ought to sit and contemplate life for the second half. I wouldn't have been upset with Hue if he yanked Kizer today after the first half. Not that Kizer was playing absolutely but fukking horrible but again there's these unexplainable throws that at least today didn't back fire quite like they did last sunday. Our qb's need to understand that missing certain easy throws get you potentially yanked, otherwise there's this carefree attitude well i'm not getting yanked so bombs away. If the offensive play calling gets a wr wide the Shmuck open and the QB is not under duress....these throws are 'automatic" at the d3 level. So enough of this cowpoop about hue hurting the poor guys confidence. I almost feel like if I had made some of these Shmuck ups id take myself out of the game. These misses are "HUGE" issues. Our passing offense just doesn't look in sync and it's both the QB play and the wr play, they're not syncing up with each other and if it wasn't for the run game today would have been another blowout.

  • @mark-o said:

    Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

    that's not the problem, Hue should yank any qb who misses multiple wide open wr's a game. There's throws you can excuse as "rookie sht" and then there's what in the all Shmuck are you throwing at young man kind of throws that if you make more than one of those a game you ought to sit and contemplate life for the second half. I wouldn't have been upset with Hue if he yanked Kizer today after the first half. Not that Kizer was playing absolutely but fukking horrible but again there's these unexplainable throws that at least today didn't back fire quite like they did last sunday. Our qb's need to understand that missing certain easy throws get you potentially yanked, otherwise there's this carefree attitude well i'm not getting yanked so bombs away. If the offensive play calling gets a wr wide the Shmuck open and the QB is not under duress....these throws are 'automatic" at the d3 level. So enough of this cowpoop about hue hurting the poor guys confidence. I almost feel like if I had made some of these Shmuck ups id take myself out of the game. These misses are "HUGE" issues. Our passing offense just doesn't look in sync and it's both the QB play and the wr play, they're not syncing up with each other and if it wasn't for the run game today would have been another blowout.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @clevfan4life said:

    if it wasn't for the run game today would have been another blowout.

    It was another blowout.   Lost by 3 scores.   That's a blowout.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    if it wasn't for the run game today would have been another blowout.

    It was another blowout.   Lost by 3 scores.   That's a blowout.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mark-o said:

    It was another blowout.   Lost by 3 scores.   That's a blowout.

    Damn, if a 17pt loss isn't a blow out I can hardly wait until the Browns are actually blown out..... although I'm guessing that won't be a real long wait. 

  • Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

    @d-bone said:

    Yup, agree.... I'll say:

    Browns  10

    Vikes      26

    Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #48

    @d-bone said:

    Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

    Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

    Whoever predicted 26- 10, you only missed the margin of loss by 1.  🙂  

    Kizer's career day-  18\34 179 yards, 0 TD, 0 int, rating 68. Super Bowl, here we come. 

    In honor of the Browns trip to London, it was London Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) dirty martinis- by the 4th quarter, I didn't care anymore.....   

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #49

    I don't think that Kizer played badly at all.  Considering half his wr's weren't even on the team at the start of the season.  We've seen what bad QB play is like.  Today wasn't an example of it.

  • I don't think that Kizer played badly at all.  Considering half his wr's weren't even on the team at the start of the season.  We've seen what bad QB play is like.  Today wasn't an example of it.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @orion said:

    I don't think that Kizer played badly at all.  Considering half his wr's weren't even on the team at the start of the season.  We've seen what bad QB play is like.  Today wasn't an example of it.

    Mediocre is an improvement over badly, I suppose. When he has a good\great game.... well we'll see about that.  🙂  

  • @d-bone said:

    Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

    Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

    Whoever predicted 26- 10, you only missed the margin of loss by 1.  🙂  

    Kizer's career day-  18\34 179 yards, 0 TD, 0 int, rating 68. Super Bowl, here we come. 

    In honor of the Browns trip to London, it was London Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) dirty martinis- by the 4th quarter, I didn't care anymore.....   

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @hoorta said:

    Whoever predicted 26- 10, you only missed the margin of loss by 1.  🙂  

    Kizer's career day-  18\34 179 yards, 0 TD, 0 int, rating 68. Super Bowl, here we come. 

    In honor of the Browns trip to London, it was London Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) dirty martinis- by the 4th quarter, I didn't care anymore.....   

    I picture the scene from Airplane... "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking!"

  • @ghoolie said:

    Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

    kizer played like Sheet. The loss wasn't all on him by any means, but he didn't play well.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @clevfan4life said:

    kizer played like Sheet. The loss wasn't all on him by any means, but he didn't play well.

    You absolutely nailed it. The loss wasn't necessarily on him, but it's not like he did anything special. I'm tired of celebrating mediocrity. Some people are applauding the fact that Kizer didn't turn it over. Well zippity-doo-dah-day. Let's look at the OTHER important statistic....touchdown passes. Or how about just passing in the red zone. How many passes has Kizer made in the red zone that Iron Man couldn't even catch? We all know he doesn't have the goods to consider the middle of the field, so that leaves the outside. That might be alright except Kizer has all the finesse of an Abrams Tank. Remember that ridiculous fade to Njoku last week? He did it again yesterday, this time it should've been a pick 6. The guy looks completely lost when we need him the most, and that's when we're in scoring position. There are no check downs at the 5 yard line buddy. There is no safe pass to lean on. The red zone reveals all deficiencies, and we're seeing ALL of Kizer's. 

    Someone told me, "Why are you not slamming Watson for his awful interceptions and pick 6's?!" I said that's easy. He's a rookie, he's SUPPOSED to make idiot decisions and learn from them. The DIFFERENCE IS that Watson actually balances out the stupid with the amazing. I wouldn't be slamming Kizer AT ALL if the punk actually threw touchdown passes. If he had SOMETHING to balance out the idiotic, I'd definitely say, "Well, it's frustrating, but he's young. At least he's making that deep seam pass touchdown, or he's throwing the fade perfectly" or whatever. He doesn't do ANYTHING good. Hooray, he took care of the ball. How about throwing a touchdown pass. The only scoring play in his entire bag of tricks is the 1 yard qb sneak. And how often do teams really get to the 1 yard line? 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #53

    Look on the bright side. He led us to infinitely more TDs this week than last week. I mean 2 divided by zero equals infinity right?🙄