Skip to content

JT Barrett = Heisman Frontrunner?

College Football Forum
28 7 1.7k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #3

    He's definitely the hottest candidate right now.

    Bryce Love is still pretty amazing tho

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I've seen Love a few times. Busts out 50+ yd runs every game. Over 10 ypc in the Pac12 is incredible.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #5

    1. Class shouldn't have anything to do with it.

    2. Penn State is the best defense in the country?

    3. Yes he should be a contender.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I was also surprised to read they were the top D

  • 1. Class shouldn't have anything to do with it.

    2. Penn State is the best defense in the country?

    3. Yes he should be a contender.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @wargograw said:

    1. Class shouldn't have anything to do with it.

    2. Penn State is the best defense in the country?

    3. Yes he should be a contender.

    according to the stats, yes they were. 

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Which stat?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #9

    They're 19th in total D right now, so I doubt it was that one.

  • Which stat?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @wargograw said:

    Which stat?

    I thought it was against the run before the game -and- had a great running back of their own. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Being good in one stat does not make a team "the top defense in the country"

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Well damn, not a chance in hell now. I think Baker Mayfield has to be the frontrunner now.

    Barrett looked like crap.

  • Well damn, not a chance in hell now. I think Baker Mayfield has to be the frontrunner now.

    Barrett looked like crap.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @sd_tom said:

    Well damn, not a chance in hell now. I think Baker Mayfield has to be the frontrunner now.

    Barrett looked like crap.

    I think he had to run the table to win I wonder if he'll get an invite with his career numbers? 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Ive detested barrett as a qb for years now. Had i seen this thread earlier i would hopped up and down on one leg i would have been so mad.

    look im sure he's a nice kid and i hope he makes a nice name fir himself in real estate or something. Honestly i wish the kid well. As a qb tho i cant wait to bever see him again. Its not ALL on him, i think meyer has to take responsibility for the anemic nature of the osu offense against good defenses.

    Yes that read option horsesht can drop loads all over bowling green type teams but against even decent defenses that stack the box and dare barrett to beat them with his arm.....yeah sht start to go south in a hurry. 

    Bucks might have lost today if it werent for haskins coming in and being able to make game manager type throws that are a sshole puckering experiences with barrett. Dude made two if the wirst throws ive ever seen in college foitball until okornhole played catch with the osu deep safety at the end of the game. I was surprised at my reaction cause im obviously an osu fan, but that throw made me cringe and say omg wut did u just do dude. 

    Woody must have to walk outside. I really felt bad for Mich fans. Thats just a horrible ending to a pretty good game.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I was at the game. 

    JT aside, we just needed an average QB. Our 3rd string qb wasn't good enough. Average and we win.

  • I was at the game. 

    JT aside, we just needed an average QB. Our 3rd string qb wasn't good enough. Average and we win.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    @mld-woody said:

    I was at the game. 

    JT aside, we just needed an average QB. Our 3rd string qb wasn't good enough. Average and we win.

    A top flight QB and it would have been the battle of undefeated teams.(well if the Buckeyes didn't screw up twice)

    .......OH BTW MIAMI LOST, ALA LOSING! 😮

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    We didn't need a top flight QB. Just an average one

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #18

    He almost gets taken out by a cameraman before the game? Crazy. Apparently they had to work on him just to get him on the field to start.  

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Wolverines suck and are cheaters!

  • Wolverines suck and are cheaters!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Wolverines suck and are cheaters!

    No they're actually not a bad D-1A football team and inching closer to the Bo vs Woody days.......not our Woody. 😉

    But the Buckeyes have it going on year after year. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Dude I'm talking too Woody.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Yeah, he's trying to troll. Don't ruin it.