Skip to content

Ghoolies 0-8 Takeaway

The Browns Board
23 13 1.7k
  • @stillmotion said:

    Please no to Josh Rosen or D'Arnold. I'm cool with anyone else.

    It's early guy... Plenty of time to discuss relative merits...   We could have a fast riser ala Wentz come out of nowhere.... All I can say is I've cooled off on Allen, watched a couple of his games...  

    @hoorta said:

    It's early guy... Plenty of time to discuss relative merits...   We could have a fast riser ala Wentz come out of nowhere.... All I can say is I've cooled off on Allen, watched a couple of his games...  

    Ditto on Allen.

  • @mark-o said:

    How do you know he's a winner?  Because he won in college at a small school?  That doesn't exactly translate into guaranteed NFL success.    He's only played a couple of NFL games and got hurt in the 3rd as I recall.  Not exactly a complete resume.   On Rosen....i don't disagree.  He has sounded to me like a taller version of Johnny Manziel.

    Just a feeling. Maybe i'm wrong but i love his work ethic, quick release, and the fact he's studied under brady. I think he has the potential to be Rodgers caliber and Shanahan will definitely play out his strengths.

    @stillmotion said:

    Just a feeling. Maybe i'm wrong but i love his work ethic, quick release, and the fact he's studied under brady. I think he has the potential to be Rodgers caliber and Shanahan will definitely play out his strengths.

    Matt Cassell studied under Brady as well.  How did that work out for KC after they gave him his huge contract?

  • @ghoolie said:

    This franchise in such a mess, we don't really have anything new to talk about. There isn't even enough meat on the bone for me to rile the board up.

    How do you not clean house?

    It is not in a mess, they tore it down and started again. The defense is bloody good, the offensive line is good. Yes without a QB none of it will matter but guess what, they will keep trying to get one. They have the picks again (because of how they've worked the draft) to get one and they will. Drafting a QB is tough so they keep taking one and keep making sure they have the picks to do so. Cleaning house is without question the worst thing that could happen to the Browns now, it will not happen.

    @londonbrown said:

    It is not in a mess, they tore it down and started again. The defense is bloody good, the offensive line is good. Yes without a QB none of it will matter but guess what, they will keep trying to get one. They have the picks again (because of how they've worked the draft) to get one and they will. Drafting a QB is tough so they keep taking one and keep making sure they have the picks to do so. Cleaning house is without question the worst thing that could happen to the Browns now, it will not happen.

    our dvoa is 18th...I wouldn't call that "bloody good".....

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

    and honestly I bet we finish 20something in this as well.