Skip to content

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

The Browns Board
383 44 9.2k 1
  • @wargograw said:

    No, I'm not.

    Yes you are , Faggot!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Yes you are , Faggot!

    You are quite the wordsmith, aren't you?

  • 200lbMumford2 200lbMumford wrote on last edited by

    Careful, you'll get called a snowflake.

  • I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
  • @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @tour2ma said:

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

  • @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @stillmotion said:

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

  • @stillmotion said:

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    i don't know, if anyone is alright with 3-13 in 2018, they must be delusional. If the point is to break the roster down and rebuild it to go from 5-11 seasons to 3-13 seasons then that's insanity.

    I won't be happy unless we get at least 6 wins in 2018. If we get zero next year, and people are still defending Sashi and the process, i'll stop posting.

  • @tour2ma said:

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

    You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle... 😉

    So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen? 😉 ... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...

    I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.

    Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?

    I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.

    @stillmotion said:

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    YEA! Great answer....

    @d-bone said:

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    "Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.

    But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Sorry Pollyanna. This must be the only point that's ever been repeated more than once on this board.

    You're so blindly optimistic you make Po g sounds like Lewis Black.

    WSS

    Can you go ahead and list other facts about other teams while you're at it? I'm looking forward to such interesting information as "the Cowboys are from Texas." "The Eagles play in Philadelphia." "The Titans are 6-4." Boy, those are some real stimulating discussion-starters.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @wargograw said:

    Can you go ahead and list other facts about other teams while you're at it? I'm looking forward to such interesting information as "the Cowboys are from Texas." "The Eagles play in Philadelphia." "The Titans are 6-4." Boy, those are some real stimulating discussion-starters.

    Give it up....he owned your arse with that Lewis Black comment.  Just admit defeat and live to fight another day.

  • Instead of anal ytics and numerology, I'm all for Shamanology.

     Go find a tribal Shaman in Africa, bring him over and put him in charge of the team. I mean what part of witch doctor for GM  can go wrong?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Instead of anal ytics and numerology, I'm all for Shamanology.

     Go find a tribal Shaman in Africa, bring him over and put him in charge of the team. I mean what part of witch doctor for GM  can go wrong?

    Can't be any worse.

  • @tour2ma said:

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

    Lamp has a different meaning in Californicate. You can figure it out.😛

  • @d-bone said:

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

    You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle... 😉

    So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen? 😉 ... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...

    I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.

    Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?

    I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.

    @stillmotion said:

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    YEA! Great answer....

    @d-bone said:

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    "Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.

    But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle... 😉

    So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen? 😉 ... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...

    I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.

    Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?

    I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.

    "Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.

    But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?

    Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

    3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Instead of anal ytics and numerology, I'm all for Shamanology.

     Go find a tribal Shaman in Africa, bring him over and put him in charge of the team. I mean what part of witch doctor for GM  can go wrong?

    Can't be any worse.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug

    @the-gipper said:

    Can't be any worse.

    It's Dr Mbogo Mbogo at ZUlu 854. He did fix Fester. We have a Fester that needs fixed. 

  • @d-bone said:

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

    You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle... 😉

    So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen? 😉 ... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...

    I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.

    Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?

    I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.

    @stillmotion said:

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    YEA! Great answer....

    @d-bone said:

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    "Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.

    But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    YEA! Great answer....

    and they'll look like genius' if we make the playoffs in 2019 or 2020. but anything can happen.

  • @stillmotion said:

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    Obsession noted

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.

  • I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.

    Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.

    Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

  • @d-bone said:

    If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

    i don't know, if anyone is alright with 3-13 in 2018, they must be delusional. If the point is to break the roster down and rebuild it to go from 5-11 seasons to 3-13 seasons then that's insanity.

    I won't be happy unless we get at least 6 wins in 2018. If we get zero next year, and people are still defending Sashi and the process, i'll stop posting.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    i don't know, if anyone is alright with 3-13 in 2018, they must be delusional. If the point is to break the roster down and rebuild it to go from 5-11 seasons to 3-13 seasons then that's insanity.

    I won't be happy unless we get at least 6 wins in 2018. If we get zero next year, and people are still defending Sashi and the process, i'll stop posting.

    If they go 1-31 they should ALL BE FIRED.

    This stupid process didn’t work. 3 years of this garbage  should be illegal

  • @wargograw said:

    I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.

    Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.

    Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.

    Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

    Don’t waste the ammo on yourself. 

  • @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @tour2ma said:

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place with the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

    Sounds like Jimmy is going to "stay the course". He doesn't have much choice after he married into "The Plan".   

    good question from #Browns-  If you lose a game and nobody is there to see it does it still count as a loss?

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

    3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

    Still beat me to it- but Cousins isn't in the plans for all he mentioned, plus have a loyal Redskins fan I converse with on a regular basis- and his 0.02 is Cousins isn't worth anywhere near the kind of money he's going to demand.... He's already getting franchise qb cash, and I doubt he's going to be willing to take a pay cut.