The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread
-
I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.
I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.
Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.
-
Reported attendance is worse since 1995
The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1
The bottom five:
Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003
Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272
Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061
Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028
Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
-
I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.
Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.
Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....
Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.
Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....
We are not gonna have the killer trio next season. No one wants to provoke a riot in Cleveland.
I only have a rusty spoon. Does it make it?
-
Reported attendance is worse since 1995
The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1
The bottom five:
Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003
Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272
Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061
Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028
Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
Reported attendance is worse since 1995
The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1
The bottom five:
Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003
Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272
Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061
Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028
Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
I heard that the attendance was so bad, that the Browns management closed several restaurants on the upper concourse.
I’ve never seen that happen before.
-
You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle...

So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen?
... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...
I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.
Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?
I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.
"Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.
But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?
Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.
3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop.
Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.
3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop.
A. We bring in that backup/temporary starter veteran. (never should have let McCown go)
B. We keep Kizer for like 3rd string....and to compete for starter if he can.
C. We draft a QB high. .......and hell, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another one low.
D. We dump Kessler and Hogan.
My point is this: With the way Kizer plays....I do NOT think for one moment that he would have a learning edge over any rookie QB that they would bring in here. His development is so Retarded that the extra year of experience he has.....is of really no consequence. Unless he has a Jared Goff like turnaround....which I don't see happening....he, to my mind, would have no edge on a high rookie prospect.
-
Reported attendance is worse since 1995
The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1
The bottom five:
Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003
Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272
Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061
Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028
Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
Reported attendance is worse since 1995
The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1
The bottom five:
Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003
Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272
Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061
Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028
Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
That is still better than the Steelers averaged only like 2 years after they won 4 out of 6 SBs and had a couple of losing seasons (in terms of capacity % I mean....not gross attendance....because you have to take into account the size of the stadium.
-
I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.
Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.
Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.
This might have been the end of the game, but I've seen better attendance at HS games.

Says it all- supplants "Factory of Sadness"

-
Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.
This might have been the end of the game, but I've seen better attendance at HS games.

Says it all- supplants "Factory of Sadness"

-
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
-
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
Take that Louisville slugger to EVERYONE in the Browns facility.
No on deserves it more
-
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
LOL off with you to the pit of misery... It could be Brownie, Brownie... I agree it's a stupid commercial...
-
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
LOL off with you to the pit of misery... It could be Brownie, Brownie... I agree it's a stupid commercial...
-
You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle...

So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen?
... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...
I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.
Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?
I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.
"Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.
But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?
Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.
3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop.
Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.
3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop.
One... it's not like they have agreed with a Dbone-Tour consensus ever before is it? I say we give it a shot.
Two... at least the turd would be three times bigger.
Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....
Tempting as your offer is... I still want Rosen...

-
Reported attendance is worse since 1995
The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1
The bottom five:
Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003
Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272
Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061
Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028
Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*
____________________________________________________________________________
* I'm seriously going to look into it.
-
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
LOL off with you to the pit of misery... It could be Brownie, Brownie... I agree it's a stupid commercial...
-
It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team? They're great and we just don't know it......LOL
-
The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.
Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*
____________________________________________________________________________
* I'm seriously going to look into it.
Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*
____________________________________________________________________________
* I'm seriously going to look into it.
My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.
WSS
-
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.
Just saying.
WSS
+infinity!
anyone who thinks a lite beer commercial is the new pop culture is surely a little prancing fag.
where's the don draper lancers commercials?
-
It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team? They're great and we just don't know it......LOL
As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.
It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team? They're great and we just don't know it......LOL
That's rational... perfectly understandable...
We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.
So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...
... and...
*puts helmet on*
... Dilly dilly...

My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.
Ed Zachery...
Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g, $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.
-
As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.
It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team? They're great and we just don't know it......LOL
That's rational... perfectly understandable...
We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.
So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...
... and...
*puts helmet on*
... Dilly dilly...

My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.
Ed Zachery...
Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g, $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.
As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.
That's rational... perfectly understandable...
We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.
So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...
... and...
*puts helmet on*
... Dilly dilly...

Ed Zachery...
Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g, $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.
No guts no glory.
If I was you I'd bet it all, then again I'm an aggressive Gambler. Mr. Vegas.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
