Skip to content

AJ McCarron

The Browns Board
295 51 10.2k
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    The people who think McCarron completely sucks are crazy, just like the people who think he's GOOD are nuts. Nobody knows because he hasn't played too much, but here's what I know:  AJ McCarron is better than anything we have, and while that's a pretty low bar to crawl over, it still would've been significant for our team. It would've at least breathed life into a fan base and team with very little hope. That's what really hurts the most. The silver lining is obviously we didn't sacrifice those high picks, but let's be honest...how much faith do you have in our front office to make the right selections anyway? 

    McCarron could've at least gotten the ball to Coleman or especially Gordon if the planets align and he can stay sober. Kizer isn't going to get the ball to these guys consistently because he can't THROW consistently...regardless of who is out there. We've had multiple times when our scrubs were open and Kizer screwed up, so why would it matter if more talented people are open? Don't underestimate how terrible Kizer's playing right now. It's HISTORICALLY awful. He's limited to short passes and the occasional deep shot, but he's not attempting mid-range passes over the middle or down the seam because he knows he'll turn it over and get benched. There are two passes that really demonstrate who Kizer is as a QB, and both were supposed to go to Higgins, both in the red zone. The first one was a slant over the middle where Higgins won his route and had several steps on his guy. In the NFL, it's considered WIDE OPEN. Kizer missed by 6-8 feet and the ball was picked off. When we REALLY needed the TD OR THE FG. The second example was the pick on 1st down I believe when Higgins ran a terrific route and again had several steps deep in the red zone. Kizer missed by about 8 feet HIGH and the ball was again easily picked. This was a route that was reported to have been executed to perfection TWICE in practice that week, yet when it mattered Kizer couldn't deliver. What's worth noting is that Kizer didn't just miss, everyone MISSES, but he missed by a MILE in pro football standards. Additionally, he missed high, and he missed way behind....so it's not just a matter of missing one way or the other, he's missing everywhere. That's a definite sign of an extremely inaccurate thrower, and basically the kiss of death for an NFL QB. 

    Our receiving Corp has taken a great deal of flack, and rightfully so, but there's nothing they can do if the ball is thrown 8 feet off the mark. Think about just how frustrating that would be to work so hard to get open but to not have the CHANCE to touch the rock, let alone catch it. Yes they've dropped tons, yes they've failed to get open too much, and yes it's been tough without legit playmakers, but they deserve a chance to play with someone who can actually get them the ball consistently. This is their livelihood and they can't control what crappy qb is behind center. Higgins should have AT LEAST 3 more tds, and Njoku and Dreggs should have several more as well. For my qb, I want the best combination of accuracy and mobility. And right now that's Baker Mayfield, with Lamar Jackson staying in the back of my mind. 

    You lost me with Mayfield and Jackson...  That Kizer sucks,well....  

    @westside-steve said:

    The only caveat to AJ McCarron is that if Hue Jackson wanted the guy here he, above anybody else in Cleveland, has worked with him for a long time and would probably have a better idea of his worth.

    WSS

    Steve, Hue has no clue what any QB is worth....  RG III earth movin' Griffin, and just trust me on Kessler. 

    @hoorta said:

    RG III earth movin' Griffin

    Rg3 did shake the earth. Hue was right.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    You were saying that people only like players of Joe’s caliber. Sucking as a player isn’t tolerated by any fan base. There is an area between great and terrible, Rainman.

    Being critical of a regime that is producing garbage results and at least laughing at the situation > nagging grown men about how they should post on an internet forum. No amount of sunshine pumping and turd polishing by the fan base is going to change the product. 

    Actually you were saying that people only like players of Joe's caliber. Yes there is an area between great and terrible. And the guys we have that are in that area get told they suck so much they actually believe it. 

    If grown men didn't act like children, I wouldn't have to. Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    @wargograw said:

    Actually you were saying that people only like players of Joe's caliber. Yes there is an area between great and terrible. And the guys we have that are in that area get told they suck so much they actually believe it. 

    If grown men didn't act like children, I wouldn't have to. Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    Either will have zero effect on the product. Not liking 1-23 is human nature.

  • @wargograw said:

    Actually you were saying that people only like players of Joe's caliber. Yes there is an area between great and terrible. And the guys we have that are in that area get told they suck so much they actually believe it. 

    If grown men didn't act like children, I wouldn't have to. Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    Either will have zero effect on the product. Not liking 1-23 is human nature.

    @hoorta said:

    Either will have zero effect on the product. Not liking 1-23 is human nature.

    it's fine hoorta, some people are just completely content being stagnant in life, and accept losing.

    Not people like you and I.

  • Link to analysis of trade

    "This is just a matter of getting to a deal too late in the process," Brown said.

    Just as I said pages ago.. Errors in the PROCESS of the trade because of time.

  • Link to analysis of trade

    "This is just a matter of getting to a deal too late in the process," Brown said.

    Just as I said pages ago.. Errors in the PROCESS of the trade because of time.

    @unsympathetic said:

    "This is just a matter of getting to a deal too late in the process," Brown said.

    And Jimmy meddling and being unsure and Sashi being like, yeah, f#$% that, I want to keep those draft picks to trade for more draft picks

  • Actually yes Joe Thomas should be the expectation for anybody drafted number 1. At least high-level productivity and trips to the Pro Bowl for anybody drafted in the first round.

    WSS

    We have a whopping one player on this team who was drafted number 1, and he's been pretty good. 

    (Garrett?  Not sure I would go that far...yet)

    I think Steve means if we draft any player very high....be it at #1 or #12.....we SHOULD expect Pro Bowl Caliber play out of that person...no matter the position.

    And I agree.......but what have we gotten say...with any pick we have taken in the top 12? Here it is:

    Couch #1

    Courtney Brown #1

    Gerard Warren #3

    K2 #6

    Braylon #3

    Joe Thomas #3

    Haden #7

    Richardson #3

    Mingo #6

    Gilbert #8

    Shelton #12

    Garrett #1

    Now...where are the consistent Pro Bowlers in that group?  Well, obviously JT with 10.  Haden had 2,   and Braylon and K2 had one each.

    Mixed results, but  to a certain extent, these guys have been a bowl full of suckotash.  

    It may be a bit early for Shelton and Garrett. 

    And now....next year it looks like we may be in line for a couple of more Top 10-12 picks.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    You were saying that people only like players of Joe’s caliber. Sucking as a player isn’t tolerated by any fan base. There is an area between great and terrible, Rainman.

    Being critical of a regime that is producing garbage results and at least laughing at the situation > nagging grown men about how they should post on an internet forum. No amount of sunshine pumping and turd polishing by the fan base is going to change the product. 

    Actually you were saying that people only like players of Joe's caliber. Yes there is an area between great and terrible. And the guys we have that are in that area get told they suck so much they actually believe it. 

    If grown men didn't act like children, I wouldn't have to. Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    @wargograw said:

    Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    We're 1-23...can it really get any worse??

  • @wargograw said:

    Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    We're 1-23...can it really get any worse??

    @canton-dawg said:

    We're 1-23...can it really get any worse??

    0-24?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    We're 1-23...can it really get any worse??

    0-24?

    @the-gipper said:

    0-24?

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

  • @the-gipper said:

    0-24?

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    @canton-dawg said:

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    1?

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    0-24?

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    @canton-dawg said:

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    Big Difference. Wouldn't of had Hue Jackson and the players crying and rejoicing when we won that one game.

  • @the-gipper said:

    0-24?

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    @canton-dawg said:

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    Is this a trick question?   You want me to use "new math"

    CommoN+Core+math+addition.jpg

  • @the-gipper said:

    0-24?

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    @canton-dawg said:

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    Is this a trick question?   You want me to use "new math"

    CommoN+Core+math+addition.jpg

  • So two times 27 = 27 twice (for double post)?😉

    Is that a trick answer?😛

  • So two times 27 = 27 twice (for double post)?😉

    Is that a trick answer?😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    So two times 27 = 27 twice (for double post)?😉

    Is that a trick answer?😛

    K-k-keep u-u-up w-w-with m-my-my st-st-st-uttering.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So two times 27 = 27 twice (for double post)?😉

    Is that a trick answer?😛

    K-k-keep u-u-up w-w-with m-my-my st-st-st-uttering.

    @the-gipper said:

    K-k-keep u-u-up w-w-with m-my-my st-st-st-uttering.

    You have utters too? Never could have guessed that.😆 (.)(.)

  • @canton-dawg said:

    How much of a difference between 1-23 & 0-24?

    1?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    1?

    WSS

    Let me rephrase that question.

    If you paid 99 cents vs $1 dollar for an item, is that a significant difference?

  • @wargograw said:

    Actually you were saying that people only like players of Joe's caliber. Yes there is an area between great and terrible. And the guys we have that are in that area get told they suck so much they actually believe it. 

    If grown men didn't act like children, I wouldn't have to. Sunshine pumping may not change the product, but whining will only make it worse.

    Yes that is definitely what I said. All players must be Joe Thomas caliber. Or....maybe I gave an example of a good player that people don't bag on. If a player's fragile self esteem can't handle scrutiny then they weren't going to make it anyway. I am seriously seeing a generation gap or some sort of disconnect with how you grew up in how you perceive life compared to everyone else.  Internet back patting to a scrub is not going to make them all of a sudden not a scrub. Likewise, someone being critical of a good player will not make them fail. If so, they are made of Charmin. It appears that the majority of folks here grew up in "no bull sheit" environments where failure wasn't rewarded with "aww you did your best" . 

    Being critical of failure should inform those in charge that the consumers aren't happy with the product. Constantly telling a bad restaurant that their food is good does not compel them to make a better tasting product. But I guess you would just give them positive yelp reviews in the hopes that it would raise their self esteem instead of being better at their jobs.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yes that is definitely what I said. All players must be Joe Thomas caliber. Or....maybe I gave an example of a good player that people don't bag on. If a player's fragile self esteem can't handle scrutiny then they weren't going to make it anyway. I am seriously seeing a generation gap or some sort of disconnect with how you grew up in how you perceive life compared to everyone else.  Internet back patting to a scrub is not going to make them all of a sudden not a scrub. Likewise, someone being critical of a good player will not make them fail. If so, they are made of Charmin. It appears that the majority of folks here grew up in "no bull sheit" environments where failure wasn't rewarded with "aww you did your best" . 

    Being critical of failure should inform those in charge that the consumers aren't happy with the product. Constantly telling a bad restaurant that their food is good does not compel them to make a better tasting product. But I guess you would just give them positive yelp reviews in the hopes that it would raise their self esteem instead of being better at their jobs.

    And it's a horrible example. Not everyone is going to be Joe Thomas. And let me remind you that your way has been 20 years of failure. So congrats I guess? Quite the resume. I look at fanbases like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England and when a guy isn't performing well they don't bag on him 10% of what we do. Culture matters. 

    Stop saying "internet this" and that. You know I'm referring to a general cultural thing. Internet posts are just indicative of it, not the thing itself. Try to keep up. 

    I'm sure the first time your baby tried to walk and fell you told him he sucked and should go live somewhere else. That is a much better analogy than that incoherent Yelp review poppySock.

    @stillmotion said:

    it's fine hoorta, some people are just completely content being stagnant in life, and accept losing.

    Not people like you and I.

    Yeah I'd be much more of a winner if I wanted to fire everyone just so we could keep losing, like we have for 20 years. Kudos to you man. 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yes that is definitely what I said. All players must be Joe Thomas caliber. Or....maybe I gave an example of a good player that people don't bag on. If a player's fragile self esteem can't handle scrutiny then they weren't going to make it anyway. I am seriously seeing a generation gap or some sort of disconnect with how you grew up in how you perceive life compared to everyone else.  Internet back patting to a scrub is not going to make them all of a sudden not a scrub. Likewise, someone being critical of a good player will not make them fail. If so, they are made of Charmin. It appears that the majority of folks here grew up in "no bull sheit" environments where failure wasn't rewarded with "aww you did your best" . 

    Being critical of failure should inform those in charge that the consumers aren't happy with the product. Constantly telling a bad restaurant that their food is good does not compel them to make a better tasting product. But I guess you would just give them positive yelp reviews in the hopes that it would raise their self esteem instead of being better at their jobs.

    And it's a horrible example. Not everyone is going to be Joe Thomas. And let me remind you that your way has been 20 years of failure. So congrats I guess? Quite the resume. I look at fanbases like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England and when a guy isn't performing well they don't bag on him 10% of what we do. Culture matters. 

    Stop saying "internet this" and that. You know I'm referring to a general cultural thing. Internet posts are just indicative of it, not the thing itself. Try to keep up. 

    I'm sure the first time your baby tried to walk and fell you told him he sucked and should go live somewhere else. That is a much better analogy than that incoherent Yelp review poppySock.

    @stillmotion said:

    it's fine hoorta, some people are just completely content being stagnant in life, and accept losing.

    Not people like you and I.

    Yeah I'd be much more of a winner if I wanted to fire everyone just so we could keep losing, like we have for 20 years. Kudos to you man. 

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah I'd be much more of a winner if I wanted to fire everyone just so we could keep losing, like we have for 20 years. Kudos to you man. 

    again i said Sashi needs to be demoted, not fired, yet you put words in my mouth and create false narratives in order to try and make your weak argument stronger.

    "The Process" is far from perfect and Sashi needs to let someone who knows how to draft, draft instead of him and Mr. Baseball.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yes that is definitely what I said. All players must be Joe Thomas caliber. Or....maybe I gave an example of a good player that people don't bag on. If a player's fragile self esteem can't handle scrutiny then they weren't going to make it anyway. I am seriously seeing a generation gap or some sort of disconnect with how you grew up in how you perceive life compared to everyone else.  Internet back patting to a scrub is not going to make them all of a sudden not a scrub. Likewise, someone being critical of a good player will not make them fail. If so, they are made of Charmin. It appears that the majority of folks here grew up in "no bull sheit" environments where failure wasn't rewarded with "aww you did your best" . 

    Being critical of failure should inform those in charge that the consumers aren't happy with the product. Constantly telling a bad restaurant that their food is good does not compel them to make a better tasting product. But I guess you would just give them positive yelp reviews in the hopes that it would raise their self esteem instead of being better at their jobs.

    And it's a horrible example. Not everyone is going to be Joe Thomas. And let me remind you that your way has been 20 years of failure. So congrats I guess? Quite the resume. I look at fanbases like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England and when a guy isn't performing well they don't bag on him 10% of what we do. Culture matters. 

    Stop saying "internet this" and that. You know I'm referring to a general cultural thing. Internet posts are just indicative of it, not the thing itself. Try to keep up. 

    I'm sure the first time your baby tried to walk and fell you told him he sucked and should go live somewhere else. That is a much better analogy than that incoherent Yelp review poppySock.

    @stillmotion said:

    it's fine hoorta, some people are just completely content being stagnant in life, and accept losing.

    Not people like you and I.

    Yeah I'd be much more of a winner if I wanted to fire everyone just so we could keep losing, like we have for 20 years. Kudos to you man. 

    @wargograw said:

    And it's a horrible example. Not everyone is going to be Joe Thomas. And let me remind you that your way has been 20 years of failure. So congrats I guess? Quite the resume. I look at fanbases like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England and when a guy isn't performing well they don't bag on him 10% of what we do. Culture matters. 

    Stop saying "internet this" and that. You know I'm referring to a general cultural thing. Internet posts are just indicative of it, not the thing itself. Try to keep up. 

    I'm sure the first time your baby tried to walk and fell you told him he sucked and should go live somewhere else. That is a much better analogy than that incoherent Yelp review poppySock.

    Ah the method that every other dumpster team has used to get out of the dump. Yes, total failure for sure. Those other 31 franchises that use normal methods just don’t have the knowledge of Sashi. Get the Shmuck out. We already determined that you think of the NFL within the time frame of 10 years.

    Do you think this fan base has only liked Joe Thomas? There are players in between the dog turds and a hall of famer. 

    Yes, mocking a baby learning to walk = being critical of an adult millionaire being bad at their job.

    Apparently it is an internet thing because you were trying to get people to modify how they post because they were saying meanie words about the FO of a 1-23 operation. Sashi the Great and Powerful should be able to hack it. Unless part of the process fails due to negativity on The Browns Board. We are in uncharted territory with record and FO so it may be a metric.

    Beginning to think you and London might be Sashi and Paul.