Skip to content

So this is it??

The Browns Board
96 26 3.5k
  • @londonbrown said:

    With fans like this who needs enemies ?

    You are telling that to people who have been a fan of this sinking ship for 30 or more years. Of course they are done with this franchise screwing up. 

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You are telling that to people who have been a fan of this sinking ship for 30 or more years. Of course they are done with this franchise screwing up. 

    55 years!

  • Wuts funny is that they're gonba be the laughingstock now for screwing up a browns 2nd and 3rd for mccarron.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Wuts funny is that they're gonba be the laughingstock now for screwing up a browns 2nd and 3rd for mccarron.

    Personally, I am glad the deal didn't go through.  It seems like it was just an effort by the FO to salve Hue's butthurt feelings.   Which I get.  But McCarron ain't diddly.....  But it still is indicative of how fuhucked up this FO is.  

    But, in this case, I believe their incompetence paid off, weirdly.

  • Haven't we been rebuilding for like 10 years. Lol

    @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Haven't we been rebuilding for like 10 years. Lol

    18

  • @londonbrown said:

    I understand that I do. I just expected it when the tear down begun. 

    I'll speak for myself, but I'm guessing there are others who feel the same..... I expected us to struggle during the rebuild too, but 1-23 is beyond struggling. I have seen it said on this forum that there is "no difference between 0-16/1-15 and say 4-12/5-11", and I am convinced that anyone who honestly believes that has never played any sport at a competitive level in their entire lives....... Unless they consider Madden and Fantasy Football as their 'competitive level sports'.

    4-12 or 5-11 is expected during a rebuild with subsequent seasons being better and better, proving to everyone (players, coaches, FO and fans) that what the organization is doing is working...... 1-23 on the way to 2-30 if we're lucky, is a complete and total failure of epic proportions, no matter how anyone tries to spin it to me. 

    @d-bone said:

    I'll speak for myself, but I'm guessing there are others who feel the same..... I expected us to struggle during the rebuild too, but 1-23 is beyond struggling. I have seen it said on this forum that there is "no difference between 0-16/1-15 and say 4-12/5-11", and I am convinced that anyone who honestly believes that has never played any sport at a competitive level in their entire lives....... Unless they consider Madden and Fantasy Football as their 'competitive level sports'.

    4-12 or 5-11 is expected during a rebuild with subsequent seasons being better and better, proving to everyone (players, coaches, FO and fans) that what the organization is doing is working...... 1-23 on the way to 2-30 if we're lucky, is a complete and total failure of epic proportions, no matter how anyone tries to spin it to me. 

    Struggling is one thing.   The 1999 expansion team with a team of scrubs won 2 games that year, including beating the steelers.   This current regime will be lucky....damn lucky to win 2 games in 2 seasons.   That's WAY beyond struggling.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, he should just sit there smiling and giving the Browns a golf clap for all of the awesome progress they have made during The Process.

    The nerve of some fans who are sick and tired of rooting for a laughing stock that is actually getting worse instead of better.... Total jerks. 

    Fair enough I think I’ll take a break from the board for a bit, most are you are posting like children at the moment. 

    If it’s not sarcasm it’s stamp your feet whining and outright refusal to see anything other than a disaster. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Fair enough I think I’ll take a break from the board for a bit, most are you are posting like children at the moment. 

    If it’s not sarcasm it’s stamp your feet whining and outright refusal to see anything other than a disaster. 

    What exactly are you seeing???  I was completely on board with retaining everyone simply outta continuity.  Now I dunno. I feel someone needs to be accountable for what happened yesterday. don't you??

    No 1-23 should never be expected at any point in existence of any football team.

    The browns have once again painted themselves into a corner with no where to go and its only week 9.

    I personally was screaming for them to start Cody Kessler this season and give Kiser just a brief minute to breath and learn.

    Cody would have won 2-3 games for this team at this point. (don't care if you disagree, that is irrelevant) Browns have lost 4 games by 3 points or less and in every one of those turnovers ended up being the difference.

    How much different is everyones outlook and the team as a whole if they would be sitting at 2-6 or maybe 3-5 in the bye week with the news dropping that the franchise has decided to start the young 21 year old 2nd round rookie for the remainder of the season. Fans would be absoulty pumped.

    But they didn't and now we are where we are. the added pressure of ending a winless season. and they've given up on the 21 year old rookie with all the weapons qbs need to have. and this after arguably his best game as far as decision making. 

    So ill ask again, What is you see? since your obvious looking down your nose at the rest of us enemy type fans.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Fair enough I think I’ll take a break from the board for a bit, most are you are posting like children at the moment. 

    If it’s not sarcasm it’s stamp your feet whining and outright refusal to see anything other than a disaster. 

    What exactly are you seeing???  I was completely on board with retaining everyone simply outta continuity.  Now I dunno. I feel someone needs to be accountable for what happened yesterday. don't you??

    No 1-23 should never be expected at any point in existence of any football team.

    The browns have once again painted themselves into a corner with no where to go and its only week 9.

    I personally was screaming for them to start Cody Kessler this season and give Kiser just a brief minute to breath and learn.

    Cody would have won 2-3 games for this team at this point. (don't care if you disagree, that is irrelevant) Browns have lost 4 games by 3 points or less and in every one of those turnovers ended up being the difference.

    How much different is everyones outlook and the team as a whole if they would be sitting at 2-6 or maybe 3-5 in the bye week with the news dropping that the franchise has decided to start the young 21 year old 2nd round rookie for the remainder of the season. Fans would be absoulty pumped.

    But they didn't and now we are where we are. the added pressure of ending a winless season. and they've given up on the 21 year old rookie with all the weapons qbs need to have. and this after arguably his best game as far as decision making. 

    So ill ask again, What is you see? since your obvious looking down your nose at the rest of us enemy type fans.

    @cdl15 said:

    I feel someone needs to be accountable

    First, show that one person was the sole reason "yesterday" happened.

    Think through the process steps required to get a document with multiple signatures from people who aren't in the same place.  That takes a certain amount of time. I have seen ZERO proof that the "conversations" were concluded with sufficient time to achieve that.

    Ever tried to download a 5M document from an NFL server? And open it? And print it? And walk over to whoever needs to sign it? And show them where each signature needs to be? And walk back to the printer? And scan it? And wait for the scan to hit your email? And open the email? And right-click-save that file to your drive? And attach it to an email and address that email to someone else?  And now wait for them to send the same thing back to you because they're doing the same process on the other side? And then opening and verifying that document has all the signatures?

    And if any of the above steps are missed you get to re-do everything?

    And only after verifying sending that document on to someone else?

    Didn't think so.

    The only thing I have seen states that the verbal agreement was at 4:55 pm with a deadline at 5p having all documents complete. That's not enough time..... no matter what the disaster pumpers are trying to push.

  • @cdl15 said:

    I feel someone needs to be accountable

    First, show that one person was the sole reason "yesterday" happened.

    Think through the process steps required to get a document with multiple signatures from people who aren't in the same place.  That takes a certain amount of time. I have seen ZERO proof that the "conversations" were concluded with sufficient time to achieve that.

    Ever tried to download a 5M document from an NFL server? And open it? And print it? And walk over to whoever needs to sign it? And show them where each signature needs to be? And walk back to the printer? And scan it? And wait for the scan to hit your email? And open the email? And right-click-save that file to your drive? And attach it to an email and address that email to someone else?  And now wait for them to send the same thing back to you because they're doing the same process on the other side? And then opening and verifying that document has all the signatures?

    And if any of the above steps are missed you get to re-do everything?

    And only after verifying sending that document on to someone else?

    Didn't think so.

    The only thing I have seen states that the verbal agreement was at 4:55 pm with a deadline at 5p having all documents complete. That's not enough time..... no matter what the disaster pumpers are trying to push.

    @unsympathetic said:

    The only thing I have seen states that the verbal agreement was at 4:55 pm with a deadline at 5p having all documents complete. That's not enough time..... no matter what the disaster pumpers are trying to push.

    Then get your ass to work before 4:55 so you have enough time to get the work done. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    The only thing I have seen states that the verbal agreement was at 4:55 pm with a deadline at 5p having all documents complete. That's not enough time..... no matter what the disaster pumpers are trying to push.

    Then get your ass to work before 4:55 so you have enough time to get the work done. 

    @mark-o said:

    Then get your butt to work before 4:55 

    Bengals didn't agree to the deal before then -- there was nothing to sign until the deal was done.

    Perhaps the Bengals weren't aware of the time it would take to complete the deal.

    Until we know more, can't make any conclusion about this.. unless you're not interested in CORRECTLY assigning blame

  • @mark-o said:

    Then get your butt to work before 4:55 

    Bengals didn't agree to the deal before then -- there was nothing to sign until the deal was done.

    Perhaps the Bengals weren't aware of the time it would take to complete the deal.

    Until we know more, can't make any conclusion about this.. unless you're not interested in CORRECTLY assigning blame

    @unsympathetic said:

    Bengals didn't agree to the deal before then -- there was nothing to sign until the deal was done.

    Perhaps the Bengals weren't aware of the time it would take to complete the deal.

    Until we know more, can't make any conclusion about this.. unless you're not interested in CORRECTLY assigning blame

    Im assigning blame to both sides.  It was a stupid trade on our part to give up that much for a guy with 4 starts.   The Bengals were stupid to not jump on it and make sure it got done since they were getting over paid.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Bengals didn't agree to the deal before then -- there was nothing to sign until the deal was done.

    Perhaps the Bengals weren't aware of the time it would take to complete the deal.

    Until we know more, can't make any conclusion about this.. unless you're not interested in CORRECTLY assigning blame

    Im assigning blame to both sides.  It was a stupid trade on our part to give up that much for a guy with 4 starts.   The Bengals were stupid to not jump on it and make sure it got done since they were getting over paid.

    @mark-o said:

    Im assigning blame to both sides.  It was a stupid trade on our part to give up that much for a guy with 4 starts.   The Bengals were stupid to not jump on it and make sure it got done since they were getting over paid.

    Only way this could possible get worse, even if it was a hollywood movie, would be if we signed Kapernick.

  • Haven't we been rebuilding for like 10 years. Lol

    @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Haven't we been rebuilding for like 10 years. Lol

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    @stillmotion said:

    Except when Pettine found a way to win. And i'd still take beating the Sheet out of the steelers or patriots a couple of times a year over winning one game in two years and being the biggest joke in the NFL.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    And your impatience and short-sightedness isn't my problem.

  • @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Haven't we been rebuilding for like 10 years. Lol

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    @stillmotion said:

    Except when Pettine found a way to win. And i'd still take beating the Sheet out of the steelers or patriots a couple of times a year over winning one game in two years and being the biggest joke in the NFL.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    And your impatience and short-sightedness isn't my problem.

    @wargograw said:

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    And your impatience and short-sightedness isn't my problem.

    Why do you believe, so hardly, that Sashi's process will probably work?

  • @wargograw said:

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    And your impatience and short-sightedness isn't my problem.

    Why do you believe, so hardly, that Sashi's process will probably work?

    @stillmotion said:

    Why do you believe, so hardly, that Sashi's process will probably work?

    Must be Stosh's alter ego. Could be the pudpuller posting too. 

  • @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Haven't we been rebuilding for like 10 years. Lol

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    @stillmotion said:

    Except when Pettine found a way to win. And i'd still take beating the Sheet out of the steelers or patriots a couple of times a year over winning one game in two years and being the biggest joke in the NFL.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    And your impatience and short-sightedness isn't my problem.

    @wargograw said:

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    10 times the number of games won the current regime has won.   What do I win?

  • @wargograw said:

    No. We've been putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a rebuild.

    10 games in two years. What's that average out to? Thanks.

    And your impatience and short-sightedness isn't my problem.

    Why do you believe, so hardly, that Sashi's process will probably work?

    @stillmotion said:

    Why do you believe, so hardly, that Sashi's process will probably work?

    I could answer, but that’s not nearly as important as why I KNOW that blowing it up again will NOT work. And history supports my side so strongly that if this were a fight they would end it. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Must be Stosh's alter ego. Could be the pudpuller posting too. 

    You actually think these nicknames are clever don’t you? That’s sad, man. 

    @mark-o said:

    10 times the number of games won the current regime has won.   What do I win?

    Thanks for confirming my point. You enjoy winning 5 games/year and have no interest in winning Super Bowls. At least this regime is giving us confirmation that our fan base is content with our old results. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    Why do you believe, so hardly, that Sashi's process will probably work?

    I could answer, but that’s not nearly as important as why I KNOW that blowing it up again will NOT work. And history supports my side so strongly that if this were a fight they would end it. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Must be Stosh's alter ego. Could be the pudpuller posting too. 

    You actually think these nicknames are clever don’t you? That’s sad, man. 

    @mark-o said:

    10 times the number of games won the current regime has won.   What do I win?

    Thanks for confirming my point. You enjoy winning 5 games/year and have no interest in winning Super Bowls. At least this regime is giving us confirmation that our fan base is content with our old results. 

    @wargograw said:

    Thanks for confirming my point. You enjoy winning 5 games/year and have no interest in winning Super Bowls. At least this regime is giving us confirmation that our fan base is content with our old results. 

    So when we finish 0-16, making these guys 1-31, how much longer do we "stay the course"?    Collecting draft picks doesn't do much good if you don't pick good players with the picks.   I was in support of the plan through last season and through this past off season but I also expected to see a team that was better this year than last and I don't see it.   This team has had a chance to win 3 games out of 8 in the 2nd half (Pittsburgh, Titans, Vikings).  Every other game has been a blowout by halftime and the game was over.    I don't see any improvement from last years 1-15 team.  That's the issue that I have with this team and the current FO decision makers.    At this point right now, I would enjoy winning 5 games a year.  At the current pace it will take 5 seasons to win 5 games. 

  • @wargograw said:

    Thanks for confirming my point. You enjoy winning 5 games/year and have no interest in winning Super Bowls. At least this regime is giving us confirmation that our fan base is content with our old results. 

    So when we finish 0-16, making these guys 1-31, how much longer do we "stay the course"?    Collecting draft picks doesn't do much good if you don't pick good players with the picks.   I was in support of the plan through last season and through this past off season but I also expected to see a team that was better this year than last and I don't see it.   This team has had a chance to win 3 games out of 8 in the 2nd half (Pittsburgh, Titans, Vikings).  Every other game has been a blowout by halftime and the game was over.    I don't see any improvement from last years 1-15 team.  That's the issue that I have with this team and the current FO decision makers.    At this point right now, I would enjoy winning 5 games a year.  At the current pace it will take 5 seasons to win 5 games. 

    @mark-o said:

    So when we finish 0-16, making these guys 1-31, how much longer do we "stay the course"?    Collecting draft picks doesn't do much good if you don't pick good players with the picks.   I was in support of the plan through last season and through this past off season but I also expected to see a team that was better this year than last and I don't see it.   This team has had a chance to win 3 games out of 8 in the 2nd half (Pittsburgh, Titans, Vikings).  Every other game has been a blowout by halftime and the game was over.    I don't see any improvement from last years 1-15 team.  That's the issue that I have with this team and the current FO decision makers.    At this point right now, I would enjoy winning 5 games a year.  At the current pace it will take 5 seasons to win 5 games. 

    Aww, you supported the plan for a WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF. Man, you just have a ton of courage. Pat yourself on the back forgoing against the grain there man. 

    We stay the course through 2018 at a minimum. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

    I know you’d be content with 5 wins/year. Thanks for confirming yet again. 

  • @mark-o said:

    So when we finish 0-16, making these guys 1-31, how much longer do we "stay the course"?    Collecting draft picks doesn't do much good if you don't pick good players with the picks.   I was in support of the plan through last season and through this past off season but I also expected to see a team that was better this year than last and I don't see it.   This team has had a chance to win 3 games out of 8 in the 2nd half (Pittsburgh, Titans, Vikings).  Every other game has been a blowout by halftime and the game was over.    I don't see any improvement from last years 1-15 team.  That's the issue that I have with this team and the current FO decision makers.    At this point right now, I would enjoy winning 5 games a year.  At the current pace it will take 5 seasons to win 5 games. 

    Aww, you supported the plan for a WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF. Man, you just have a ton of courage. Pat yourself on the back forgoing against the grain there man. 

    We stay the course through 2018 at a minimum. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

    I know you’d be content with 5 wins/year. Thanks for confirming yet again. 

    @wargograw said:

    Aww, you supported the plan for a WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF. Man, you just have a ton of courage. Pat yourself on the back forgoing against the grain there man. 

    We stay the course through 2018 at a minimum. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

    I know you’d be content with 5 wins/year. Thanks for confirming yet again. 

    Ok.. Mr. Sarcastic....  What have you seen from this years team that is any better than last years team?  What are we building besides more losses?   How is the team any better than last year?   One lucky win in a season and a half isn't good.  It's just not.   The 1999 expansion team filled with other teams rejects managed to win 2 games.    This team is actually worse than that which is nearly impossible in the NFL.  This isn't baseball, it doesn't take 5 years to rebuild.  The same people who didn't think Carson Wentz was any good and chose to pass on Deshaun Watson (AFC and NFC players of the month for October by the way) are the nerds you're relying on to make the right choices this year?  Why now are they finally going to make the right choices?  They haven't made good choices to this point but suddenly the third time is the charm?    I don't trust these guys to be able to make the right choices because they haven't made the right ones to this point.

  • @wargograw said:

    Aww, you supported the plan for a WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF. Man, you just have a ton of courage. Pat yourself on the back forgoing against the grain there man. 

    We stay the course through 2018 at a minimum. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

    I know you’d be content with 5 wins/year. Thanks for confirming yet again. 

    Ok.. Mr. Sarcastic....  What have you seen from this years team that is any better than last years team?  What are we building besides more losses?   How is the team any better than last year?   One lucky win in a season and a half isn't good.  It's just not.   The 1999 expansion team filled with other teams rejects managed to win 2 games.    This team is actually worse than that which is nearly impossible in the NFL.  This isn't baseball, it doesn't take 5 years to rebuild.  The same people who didn't think Carson Wentz was any good and chose to pass on Deshaun Watson (AFC and NFC players of the month for October by the way) are the nerds you're relying on to make the right choices this year?  Why now are they finally going to make the right choices?  They haven't made good choices to this point but suddenly the third time is the charm?    I don't trust these guys to be able to make the right choices because they haven't made the right ones to this point.

    @mark-o said:

    Ok.. Mr. Sarcastic....  What have you seen from this years team that is any better than last years team?  What are we building besides more losses?   How is the team any better than last year?   One lucky win in a season and a half isn't good.  It's just not.   The 1999 expansion team filled with other teams rejects managed to win 2 games.    This team is actually worse than that which is nearly impossible in the NFL.  This isn't baseball, it doesn't take 5 years to rebuild.  The same people who didn't think Carson Wentz was any good and chose to pass on Deshaun Watson (AFC and NFC players of the month for October by the way) are the nerds you're relying on to make the right choices this year?  Why now are they finally going to make the right choices?  They haven't made good choices to this point but suddenly the third time is the charm?    I don't trust these guys to be able to make the right choices because they haven't made the right ones to this point.

    Sarcasm is the only way to reach people blinded by their anger. And I do get annoyed when people try to act like they’re great friends for supporting the regime for a year  anyone can do that. It takes stones to actually see the course of the rebuild. I’ve said it a thousand times, some of you really need to just stop watching games for a year or two while this thing gets built. All you guys do by watching is get mad and then hurt the franchise with the demands of your anger. That doesn’t help anything whatsoever.

    Answering your questions:

    Defense and OL. Why do you keep asking a question that we’ve given you the answer to dozens of times already?

    A good team. 

    This wasn’t a question, but it does take awhile to rebuild in the nfl, especially when you scrapped all your vets. 

    Yes, relying on the same nerds. 

    Theyve been making good choices already. No one bats 1000.

    They have been making good choices. You’re wrong. 

    Anything else?

  • @mark-o said:

    Ok.. Mr. Sarcastic....  What have you seen from this years team that is any better than last years team?  What are we building besides more losses?   How is the team any better than last year?   One lucky win in a season and a half isn't good.  It's just not.   The 1999 expansion team filled with other teams rejects managed to win 2 games.    This team is actually worse than that which is nearly impossible in the NFL.  This isn't baseball, it doesn't take 5 years to rebuild.  The same people who didn't think Carson Wentz was any good and chose to pass on Deshaun Watson (AFC and NFC players of the month for October by the way) are the nerds you're relying on to make the right choices this year?  Why now are they finally going to make the right choices?  They haven't made good choices to this point but suddenly the third time is the charm?    I don't trust these guys to be able to make the right choices because they haven't made the right ones to this point.

    Sarcasm is the only way to reach people blinded by their anger. And I do get annoyed when people try to act like they’re great friends for supporting the regime for a year  anyone can do that. It takes stones to actually see the course of the rebuild. I’ve said it a thousand times, some of you really need to just stop watching games for a year or two while this thing gets built. All you guys do by watching is get mad and then hurt the franchise with the demands of your anger. That doesn’t help anything whatsoever.

    Answering your questions:

    Defense and OL. Why do you keep asking a question that we’ve given you the answer to dozens of times already?

    A good team. 

    This wasn’t a question, but it does take awhile to rebuild in the nfl, especially when you scrapped all your vets. 

    Yes, relying on the same nerds. 

    Theyve been making good choices already. No one bats 1000.

    They have been making good choices. You’re wrong. 

    Anything else?

    @wargograw said:

    Theyve been making good choices already. No one bats 1000.

    They have been making good choices. You’re wrong. 

    Anything else?

    What good choices have they made?   Some choose to look objectively as opposed to just blindly following the team.  I've been a Browns fan for 40+ years so piss off if you don't like that I'm not going to be satisfied with a team that is 1-23 for the last season and a half.    I don't expect them to bat 1000.  I'd be happy if they were batting .250.    How do our 3 first round picks look?  They're all difference makers right?  Garrett looks great but can't stay on the field.  Njoku is a non factor and we used a first round pick on Peppers who to this point is basically a kick and punt returner great way to spend a 1st round pick.   I'd rather have a return specialist and a project TE than say...I don't know...how about a fucking QB??   These guys who thought it has been a good idea to pass on stars are the guys you're relying on to rebuild a 1-23 team.   Good luck with that.   This team sucks and its not any better now than it was before last season.  They aren't building anything but more losses.