Skip to content

Biggest Trade Deadline concern

The Browns Board
34 11 765
  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm not disagreeing with you though. If you wanna talk about guys like Landry, Hilton, Dareus, etc who actually had years remaining on their contract, I wouldn't argue. But to say we should have traded high picks for guys who absolutely in no shape or form would agree to sign here after the season is beyond stupid. I'd call for their heads if they did that.

    But didn't they just do something similar with Jamie Collins just last season? 

    Not saying Benjamin would have signed here, but what's the excuse for doing NOTHING?  Maybe that wasn't the guy, but surely they could have done something, no?  They could have TRIED god damn it.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    But didn't they just do something similar with Jamie Collins just last season? 

    Not saying Benjamin would have signed here, but what's the excuse for doing NOTHING?  Maybe that wasn't the guy, but surely they could have done something, no?  They could have TRIED god damn it.

    Exactly, you don't score if you don't shoot. I don't know about anyone else but with $5K in PSL's and $2K a year on tickets it pisses me off that we didn't do a damn thing 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm not disagreeing with you though. If you wanna talk about guys like Landry, Hilton, Dareus, etc who actually had years remaining on their contract, I wouldn't argue. But to say we should have traded high picks for guys who absolutely in no shape or form would agree to sign here after the season is beyond stupid. I'd call for their heads if they did that.

    But didn't they just do something similar with Jamie Collins just last season? 

    Not saying Benjamin would have signed here, but what's the excuse for doing NOTHING?  Maybe that wasn't the guy, but surely they could have done something, no?  They could have TRIED god damn it.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    But didn't they just do something similar with Jamie Collins just last season? 

    Not saying Benjamin would have signed here, but what's the excuse for doing NOTHING?  Maybe that wasn't the guy, but surely they could have done something, no?  They could have TRIED god damn it.

    hes not a FA after this year. some moron spreading fake news

  • jrb12711 posted Kelvin Benjiman is a FA after this year when in reality its after next season. and then gets all pissy and says they shoulda taken a crack on a guy with remaining years left using Jarvis Landy who is actually a FA after this year.

    All this actually has me pretty confident that jrb12711 is in fact Sashi Brown.

  • Devil's advocate....NFL typically doesn't have a bunch of trade activity.

    @bob806 said:

    Devil's advocate....NFL typically doesn't have a bunch of trade activity.

    It did this year.

  • jrb12711 posted Kelvin Benjiman is a FA after this year when in reality its after next season. and then gets all pissy and says they shoulda taken a crack on a guy with remaining years left using Jarvis Landy who is actually a FA after this year.

    All this actually has me pretty confident that jrb12711 is in fact Sashi Brown.

    @cdl15 said:

    jrb12711 posted Kelvin Benjiman is a FA after this year when in reality its after next season. and then gets all pissy and says they shoulda taken a crack on a guy with remaining years left using Jarvis Landy who is actually a FA after this year.

    All this actually has me pretty confident that jrb12711 is in fact Sashi Brown.

    Kelvin Benjamin agreed to a four year contract off which the team has the option to sign him to a 5th year. That 5th year can be declined by either team or player. So guess what? You're still wrong. You also sound like a 10 year old and it's pathetic. It's not anger, it's sadness. I truly feel sorry for you.

  • Well since the 5th year option was already picked up I guess that makes u wrong. Dude you already googled it. U know as well as I do he doesn't become a free agent till 2019. It's not.a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able to admit your wrong is what's sad. 

  • I know there are individual threads relevant to our failures with Jimmy G and A.J. McCarron. With each you can find definite fault with the front office for not getting the deal done or even for wanting to do a deal for AJ.  To me neither of those is as big a concern as the fact that prior to the deadline we DID NOTHING. We didn't do anything to fill a hole, especially in areas of desperate need like wide receiver. There is absolutely every reason for the coaching staff to be livid with the complete lack of support from the front office due to this. Say what you want about the coaching, play calling , time management etc. but this was an utter and complete failure on the part of our FO to help the coaching staff, team and fans.

    @jcam222 said:

    I know there are individual threads relevant to our failures with Jimmy G and A.J. McCarron. With each you can find definite fault with the front office for not getting the deal done or even for wanting to do a deal for AJ.  To me neither of those is as big a concern as the fact that prior to the deadline we DID NOTHING. We didn't do anything to fill a hole, especially in areas of desperate need like wide receiver. There is absolutely every reason for the coaching staff to be livid with the complete lack of support from the front office due to this. Say what you want about the coaching, play calling , time management etc. but this was an utter and complete failure on the part of our FO to help the coaching staff, team and fans.

    But they have a ton of picks....

  • Well since the 5th year option was already picked up I guess that makes u wrong. Dude you already googled it. U know as well as I do he doesn't become a free agent till 2019. It's not.a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able to admit your wrong is what's sad. 

    @cdl15 said:

    Well since the 5th year option was already picked up I guess that makes u wrong. Dude you already googled it. U know as well as I do he doesn't become a free agent till 2019. It's not.a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able to admit your wrong is what's sad. 

    The bills picked it up as part of their trade agreement. Kelvin did not have to agree to that, he did as part of the terms of the trade. He would not, and never would have, agreed to that as part of the trade with the Browns.

    How about I quote you? Thats fun. 

    "Its not a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able go admit you're (noticed the proper use of your) wrong is what's sad."

  • @cdl15 said:

    Well since the 5th year option was already picked up I guess that makes u wrong. Dude you already googled it. U know as well as I do he doesn't become a free agent till 2019. It's not.a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able to admit your wrong is what's sad. 

    The bills picked it up as part of their trade agreement. Kelvin did not have to agree to that, he did as part of the terms of the trade. He would not, and never would have, agreed to that as part of the trade with the Browns.

    How about I quote you? Thats fun. 

    "Its not a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able go admit you're (noticed the proper use of your) wrong is what's sad."

    @jrb12711 said:

    The bills picked it up as part of their trade agreement. Kelvin did not have to agree to that, he did as part of the terms of the trade. He would not, and never would have, agreed to that as part of the trade with the Browns.

    How about I quote you? Thats fun. 

    "Its not a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able go ad.it you're (noticed the proper use of your) wrong is what's sad."

    Again your guessing. Carolina exercised 5th year option in March of this year. 

    You sputtering out lies followed by insult may make u feel better but it just shows all of us football knowledgeable people you don't really know Sheet.

    Screenshot_20171101-203353.png

  • http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article148072339.html

    I'll admit I'm wrong if u can give.me a source where he agreed to 5th year option as part of the trade agreement with the bills. .....

    ....

    ...

    Yea K.B. didn't have a say in Sheet when it comes to the trade besides what airline he chooses

  • @cdl15 said:

    Well since the 5th year option was already picked up I guess that makes u wrong. Dude you already googled it. U know as well as I do he doesn't become a free agent till 2019. It's not.a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able to admit your wrong is what's sad. 

    The bills picked it up as part of their trade agreement. Kelvin did not have to agree to that, he did as part of the terms of the trade. He would not, and never would have, agreed to that as part of the trade with the Browns.

    How about I quote you? Thats fun. 

    "Its not a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able go admit you're (noticed the proper use of your) wrong is what's sad."

    @jrb12711 said:

    The bills picked it up as part of their trade agreement. Kelvin did not have to agree to that, he did as part of the terms of the trade. He would not, and never would have, agreed to that as part of the trade with the Browns.

    How about I quote you? Thats fun. 

    "Its not a matter of opinion. It is a fact. Not being able go admit you're (noticed the proper use of your) wrong is what's sad."

    a25d2bc67c7251ba1a26ad618cd46cae.jpg