Article on trade deadline fiasco
-
31 other teams passed on Prescott, some four times. Dallas wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch long before settling for Dak
These we passed on him they took him comments are just so irrelevant,
-
Oh you have to be Shmucking kidding me.
Peter Smith? I know this dude. He used to be on the message board mjp and I have been on for years. This guy is a joke. Probably watched a half dozen drafts with this guy.
Some Pete Smith highlights: Absolutely loved and defended the '08 Browns draft, where the Browns received next to nothing to drop from the top of the first round to the bottom. Loved Mingo and tried to convince everyone how great he was, how much the Browns coaching staff loved him up to the day he was traded. Also pimped Cam Erving when it was obvious he was horrible. The guy is an assistant coach on a shitty local junior varsity highs school team who tries to convince people he's a football guru. He was literally laughed off the board.
-
31 other teams passed on Prescott, some four times. Dallas wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch long before settling for Dak
These we passed on him they took him comments are just so irrelevant,
31 other teams passed on Prescott, some four times. Dallas wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch long before settling for Dak
These we passed on him they took him comments are just so irrelevant,
Well I'm just a better picker than all of 'em then. I thought he was the best in the draft and could not believe how many fell for his DUI incident as if he was the next JM. Had that not happened he would have been the first QB drafted. Funny thing is he was found not guilty of the charge the summer after the draft. It was the charge just before the draft that made teams shy away, not his playing abilities.
-
31 other teams passed on Prescott, some four times. Dallas wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch long before settling for Dak
These we passed on him they took him comments are just so irrelevant,
Well I'm just a better picker than all of 'em then. I thought he was the best in the draft and could not believe how many fell for his DUI incident as if he was the next JM. Had that not happened he would have been the first QB drafted. Funny thing is he was found not guilty of the charge the summer after the draft. It was the charge just before the draft that made teams shy away, not his playing abilities.
Well I'm just a better picker than all of 'em then. I thought he was the best in the draft and could not believe how many fell for his DUI incident as if he was the next JM. Had that not happened he would have been the first QB drafted. Funny thing is he was found not guilty of the charge the summer after the draft. It was the charge just before the draft that made teams shy away, not his playing abilities.
I didn't want Prescott in the first round, but he specifically was the guy I hoped the Browns would take (when it was obvious they weren't taking one high) in the mid rounds. I couldn't believe they took Kessler over him. To be honest I never thought he'd be this good so quick.
-
LB going full Cal.
Going to post an opinion piece by a "journalist" who has zero shred of evidence but that supports his agenda.
This is about as solid as the Mary Kay Cabot's reporting on who was to blame for the debacle yesterday.
I'll play
-
LB going full Cal.
Going to post an opinion piece by a "journalist" who has zero shred of evidence but that supports his agenda.
This is about as solid as the Mary Kay Cabot's reporting on who was to blame for the debacle yesterday.
I'll play
LB going full Cal.
Going to post an opinion piece by a "journalist" who has zero shred of evidence but that supports his agenda.
This is about as solid as the Mary Kay Cabot's reporting on who was to blame for the debacle yesterday.
I'll play
What agenda do I have?
I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it
Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon.
-
My favorite of the comments:
"My wife has birthed more children in the last two years than they have wins. You guys are a joke. Sell the team."
-
LB going full Cal.
Going to post an opinion piece by a "journalist" who has zero shred of evidence but that supports his agenda.
This is about as solid as the Mary Kay Cabot's reporting on who was to blame for the debacle yesterday.
I'll play
What agenda do I have?
I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it
Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon.
What agenda do I have?
I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it
Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon.
In multiple threads you've put much of the blame on Hue Jackson while glossing over the FO mistakes and applauding their great drafts and FA acquisitions.
My opinion is if you are getting rid of one or the other I'll keep the cook who has bad ingredients over the guys who bought the ingredients in the first place
-
Those ingredients Hue bought are the QBs. And he very nearly did it again with AJ f’ing McCarron
-
I still think Jared Goff is going to be a solid franchise quarterback - not sure why he's being written off by some, and isn't it also rumored that hue loved Watson - many are creaming their pants for Watson.
The trade that lost us Wentz, was also considered a great trade by most at the time it happened.
-
I still think Jared Goff is going to be a solid franchise quarterback - not sure why he's being written off by some, and isn't it also rumored that hue loved Watson - many are creaming their pants for Watson.
The trade that lost us Wentz, was also considered a great trade by most at the time it happened.
I still think Jared Goff is going to be a solid franchise quarterback - not sure why he's being written off by some, and isn't it also rumored that hue loved Watson - many are creaming their pants for Watson.
The trade that lost us Wentz, was also considered a great trade by most at the time it happened.
Agreed. Goff looks really good this year.
-
Those ingredients Hue bought are the QBs. And he very nearly did it again with AJ f’ing McCarron
Those ingredients Hue bought are the QBs. And he very nearly did it again with AJ f’ing McCarron
You have zero proof of that but hey don't let that stop you.
-
Those ingredients Hue bought are the QBs. And he very nearly did it again with AJ f’ing McCarron
You have zero proof of that but hey don't let that stop you.
You have zero proof of that but hey don't let that stop you.
Come on, he’s coached AJ, he said himself the RG3 workout floored him. It doesn’t take the biggest leap to think he’s the one making the QB moves?
-
You have zero proof of that but hey don't let that stop you.
Come on, he’s coached AJ, he said himself the RG3 workout floored him. It doesn’t take the biggest leap to think he’s the one making the QB moves?
Come on, he’s coached AJ, he said himself the RG3 workout floored him. It doesn’t take the biggest leap to think he’s the one making the QB moves?
Then why wouldn't he have burned the place down to get Deshaun Watson who is RG3 2.0?
This is conjecture. Until Hue says "these are my moves" or the front office says "those were Hue's decisions" we are going full blogger and making stuff up.
-
LB going full Cal.
Going to post an opinion piece by a "journalist" who has zero shred of evidence but that supports his agenda.
This is about as solid as the Mary Kay Cabot's reporting on who was to blame for the debacle yesterday.
I'll play
What agenda do I have?
I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it
Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon.
What agenda do I have?
I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it
Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon.
If you want to keep him then why post the garbage in the OP? Do you think it helps your cause?
-
What agenda do I have?
I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it
Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon.
If you want to keep him then why post the garbage in the OP? Do you think it helps your cause?
If you want to keep him then why post the garbage in the OP? Do you think it helps your cause?
My cause? Whether I want to keep him or not is irrelevant to anything the Browns are going to do. I doubt Jimmy comes on here much for advice.
I thought it was an interesting article so I shared it. That’s it.
-
The only thing I"ll disagree on is that somehow being all in on Jared Goff is a bad thing. Goff and his Rams are 5-3 and in first place in their division. He's played really well this year.
The only thing I"ll disagree on is that somehow being all in on Jared Goff is a bad thing. Goff and his Rams are 5-3 and in first place in their division. He's played really well this year.
Golly gee- CarsonWentz was a really nice consolation prize.... And DePud said "he's not a top 20 QB." Right- he may be top 5.
not sure the writers name? but he proverbially/professional nailed it...........imo Williams will step down if Hue's axed..Tabor maybe your next man up? My Next up..Captain Morgan

Personally- I prefer Meyer's over Captain Morgan- we're talking rum right?
-
I've heard the opposite. Jackson wanted Watson and Garoppolo bad, and also liked Hooker a lot, and of course they ignored all of those wishes.
I think Wentz will be up for MVP if they keep winning and he keeps playing like this. Seriously, in his very first game against us (of course), he looked like a HOF QB. Was like "i'll show these fools who they passed on"
-
In regards to the article, there are lot of assumptions on who was making QB decisions. Having a guess about that is one thing. Presenting it as fact is another. Especially when the author seems to be cherry picking those "facts".
didn’t want Deshaun Watson
Where does one come up with that? Common conjecture is that since he was texting Watson to be ready he wanted and thought the Browns were taking him.
didn’t want Carson Wentz
And yet it was DePodesta that came out with the Wentz not being a top 20 QB comment.
That also makes it impossible to believe that this is the first time Jackson was heavily involved in the quarterback decision process
Holy freaking leap, Batman.
This article is garbage.
-
The only thing I"ll disagree on is that somehow being all in on Jared Goff is a bad thing. Goff and his Rams are 5-3 and in first place in their division. He's played really well this year.
Golly gee- CarsonWentz was a really nice consolation prize.... And DePud said "he's not a top 20 QB." Right- he may be top 5.
not sure the writers name? but he proverbially/professional nailed it...........imo Williams will step down if Hue's axed..Tabor maybe your next man up? My Next up..Captain Morgan

Personally- I prefer Meyer's over Captain Morgan- we're talking rum right?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login