Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    My dad once lived in the same town as a famous chef with the exact same name and even could pass as his brother if they had ever been side by side. So when he would call for reservations at local restaurants they would give him the best seats in the house and give him top notch meals from their menus. Of course he would then pull out his Diner's Club credit card to pay, which of course reinforced his standing if they had any doubts. He always got a real laugh out of that every time it happened. LOL!?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Once upon I time, if I recall, they used to play real NFL games on Labor Day.   The Labor Day weekend used to be week 1.   Not sure why they chose to back up the schedule for a week.    CBA rules?

  • Once upon I time, if I recall, they used to play real NFL games on Labor Day.   The Labor Day weekend used to be week 1.   Not sure why they chose to back up the schedule for a week.    CBA rules?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    Once upon I time, if I recall, they used to play real NFL games on Labor Day.   The Labor Day weekend used to be week 1.   Not sure why they chose to back up the schedule for a week.    CBA rules?

    Labor Day was at it's near earliest this year that is part of the scheduling process:

    2020 Mon Sep 7 Labor Day Federal Holiday

    2021 Mon Sep 6 Labor Day Federal Holiday

    2022 Mon Sep 5 Labor Day Federal Holiday

    2023 Mon Sep 4 Labor Day Federal Holiday

    2024 Mon Sep 2 Labor Day Federal Holiday. <--- next one

    2025 Mon Sep 1 Labor Day Federal Holiday

    The National Football League (NFL) regular season begins on the weekend following the first Monday of September (i.e, the weekend following the Labor Day holiday) and ends in December or early January. It consists of 256 games, where each team (32 total) plays 16 games during a 17-week period. Since 2012, the NFL schedule generally has games in one of five time slots during the week. The first game of the week is played on Thursday night, kicking off at 8:20 PM (ET). The majority of games are played on Sunday, most kicking off at 1:00 PM (ET), some late afternoon games starting at 4:05 or 4:25 PM (ET). Additionally, one Sunday night game is played every week at 8:20 PM (ET). One Monday night game then starts at 8:15 PM (ET) every week with the exception of the first week of the regular season, in which two Monday night games are played back-to-back (the second game always occurring on the West coast), as well as the last week of the season, in which no Monday night game is held. In addition to these regularly scheduled games, there are occasionally games at other times, such as a Saturday afternoon or evening, or the annual Thanksgiving Day games in which three games are played. During the final week of the regular season, all games are held on Sunday.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Yes Gip you're not losing your marbles......yet.

    Screenshot_2019-09-02_222442.jpg

  • Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    Just needs the steel on steel clank of horseshoes being pitched. Screw that cornhole crap

  • Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    Dog bisquits? Oh wait, I have cats. T-bone steak maybe with a mess of fresh green beans n bacon.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

  • SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

  • @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    Nice we have one a mile from our house and it is almost across the street from the Longhorn Steakhouse and not far from the Springfield Grille.

    We're in the "restaurant alley" for places to eat in Boardman, Ohio.

  • @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Of course, when I travel, I often like to go to places that I cannot get to around here.  It is why I mentioned Culver's  (though...not there is one in Avon....but that is a long drive).    Sometimes I have gotten Whattaburgers....not around here (but seems to be just like Burger King),  Jack in the Box? meh...basically Hardee's  In and Out?    You know...quick food.   But, mostly local restaurants, mom an pops.   For sit down prefer those usually to the chains....though sometimes....reliability does count.   I always know I can get decent coffee at McDonalds.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    Never even knew there was one there.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    I believe it's the oldest one around. Maybe it's all the extra time they've put in to get it right. There's also one in New Philadelphia

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

  • @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

    Mike

  • They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

    Where?   Do you know?  That is a lot closer to me than Avon.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

    Mike

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

    Mike

    The next one I try may be out of state somewhere.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

    Where?   Do you know?  That is a lot closer to me than Avon.  

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan