Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    Just needs the steel on steel clank of horseshoes being pitched. Screw that cornhole crap

  • Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

    We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    GO BROWNS!

    Dog bisquits? Oh wait, I have cats. T-bone steak maybe with a mess of fresh green beans n bacon.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

  • SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

  • @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    Nice we have one a mile from our house and it is almost across the street from the Longhorn Steakhouse and not far from the Springfield Grille.

    We're in the "restaurant alley" for places to eat in Boardman, Ohio.

  • @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Of course, when I travel, I often like to go to places that I cannot get to around here.  It is why I mentioned Culver's  (though...not there is one in Avon....but that is a long drive).    Sometimes I have gotten Whattaburgers....not around here (but seems to be just like Burger King),  Jack in the Box? meh...basically Hardee's  In and Out?    You know...quick food.   But, mostly local restaurants, mom an pops.   For sit down prefer those usually to the chains....though sometimes....reliability does count.   I always know I can get decent coffee at McDonalds.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    Never even knew there was one there.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    I believe it's the oldest one around. Maybe it's all the extra time they've put in to get it right. There's also one in New Philadelphia

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

  • @the-gipper said:

    SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

    I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

    Mike

  • They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

    Where?   Do you know?  That is a lot closer to me than Avon.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

    @the-gipper said:

    The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

    Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

    Thanks for the suggestion.  

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

    We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

    Mike

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

    Mike

    The next one I try may be out of state somewhere.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They are bulding a Culvers in Strongsville.

    Where?   Do you know?  That is a lot closer to me than Avon.  

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    And there is a Culver's right where I am staying in Lake Ozark, Mo.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Buena Vista chicken dinners sounds like a winner this Sunday

  • Buena Vista chicken dinners sounds like a winner this Sunday

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Buena Vista chicken dinners sounds like a winner this Sunday

    Is that a chain. I’ve never heard of it. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Buena Vista chicken dinners sounds like a winner this Sunday

    Is that a chain. I’ve never heard of it. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Is that a chain. I’ve never heard of it. 

    Should be. It’s local to Warren Ohio. It’s unique with a nice garlic flavor. Greek Fried. Nice place for dine in or carry out. I rate it best I’ve had anywhere

  • @the-gipper said:

    Is that a chain. I’ve never heard of it. 

    Should be. It’s local to Warren Ohio. It’s unique with a nice garlic flavor. Greek Fried. Nice place for dine in or carry out. I rate it best I’ve had anywhere

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Should be. It’s local to Warren Ohio. It’s unique with a nice garlic flavor. Greek Fried. Nice place for dine in or carry out. I rate it best I’ve had anywhere

    It's harder than ever to find good old man & pa restaurants anymore a lot are getting run out of over by franchises. There are about 60 restaurants very close to us here in Boardman, Ohio and most are franchises.

    Too bad we lose a lot when they close their doors.

    We studied a lot about the food and other industries in our MBA program amazing how they work and the explosive growth of franchises many started here in Ohio.

    Want to know how to get in one check out sites like https://www.franchise.com

    Anything you can imagine is there.