Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.8k 2
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Yeah the D'UH moment of the day what was he thinking?

    .......Per the Miami Herald, a roving beer vendor named Nathaniel Collier swiped the fan’s card using a personal card reader instead of the one provided by the stadium to the vendors and put an extra $700 on the bill.

    Fortunately for the fan, he received a notification from his bank and got his money back. As for Collier, he was fired and arrested on charges of grand theft and using a skimming device........  (Did he think he'd get away with it?)

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    One of life's small but great GAMEDAY moments having a hot dog with Cleveland's own Stadium Mustard and a cold beer watching a game! Ahhhhhh.  😁

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Tonight I'm making homemade (well kinda-there is a box) beer bread using Shiner Bock as the beer in the batter. Got some leftover Red Rhone wine to go with it. I keep that with the air sucked out so it lasts a few days before going bad. Decent red wine has a tendency to become decent red vinegar if exposed to air too long. Don't need any more vinegar and oil salad dressing.?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    I found this old but great recipe you might want to try for a Sunday or anyday GAMEDAY meal. We've tried and liked it!

    WILD MUSHROOM PASTA........IT WAS GOOD!

    Saw this on TV AmericasHeartland.org Episode #908 on PBS. Looked so good, haven't tried it yet (we did after writing this)  but I love mushroom recipes I had it copied so I figured I'd share it with y'all, enjoy!

    http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_908/farm_to_fork.htm

    Wild Mushroom Pasta Recipe :D. (NOTE:  if you go to the link you will see my  review of this recipe 6 years ago with our suggestions.)

    Ingredients:

    1/2 lb your favorite pasta, pappardelle is a good choice (we used a less wide pasta and it came out better)
    1 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 lb mixed mushrooms (like oyster, button, porcini and we like baby bellas)
    1 leek, washed and sliced
    2 shallots, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 sprigs thyme, chopped
    4 tbsp tarragon, chopped (optional)
    2 tbsp flour
    1 cup chicken stock (or veggie stock)
    4 oz Fontina cheese
    4 oz Parmesan cheese

    1. In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté over medium-high heat until browned. Move mushrooms to a bowl.

    2. In the same pan, heat an additional 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, then add leeks, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté until mixture has softened, about 4 minutes.

    3. Still over medium heat, add mushrooms to leek mixture, then mix in thyme and tarragon. Sprinkle the entire mixture with flour, and stir to combine, coating all ingredients. Let cook for 1 minute.

    4. Add chicken stock, stir to combine, and cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened.

    5. Just before serving, add cooked pasta, fontina cheese, and half of Parmesan to mushroom mixture in the pan. Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.

    Screenshot_2019-10-02_231850.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    You cook it, I'll eat it. 

  • You cook it, I'll eat it. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    You cook it, I'll eat it. 

    We did a review of the recipe at the America's Heartland site with our review and suggestions.  Never had it before and had company coming over it was great! (see link)

    I guess that you would be company come on over I'm sure the wife won't mind.

    Screenshot_2019-10-02_233656.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Another good but very simple dish I remember and really enjoyed, from Mr Food in 2014.

    1. Reminds me of something my Grandmother would cook, quick and easy from Mr. Food 06/05/14:

      STEAMING TATERS 'N' BEANS

      SERVES 6 COOK TIME 45 Min READY IN 45 Min

      Sometimes simple is best...like here we've got fresh green beans and red potatoes boiled up with a little salt pork. Steamin' Taters 'n' Beans is a Southern classic that combines great flavorwith ease -- our favorite combo!

      What You'll Need:

      1 (2-ounce) piece salt pork, (see note)
      1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
      1/2 teaspoon black pepper
      12 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
      2 teaspoons salt

      (OPTIONAL ADD: Enjoy With Creamy & Indulgent Carbonara Sauce *SEE LINK BELOW)

      What To Do:

      In a large pot, combine salt pork, green beans, and pepper with enough water to cover. Place potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt. Cover loosely and bring to a boil over high heat.

      Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes and beans are tender. Serve in bowls with broth.

      Notes

      Three slices of raw bacon will work just as well as salt pork.

      In the South, they call the broth "pot liquor" and serve it with plenty of cornbread for dunking. Here's one of our yummy cornbread recipes for you to try!

      *Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Steamin-Taters-n-Beans-782#rYYhKQCmAjz254hE.99
       
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2014

    Steamin-Taters-n-Beans_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1206629.jpg

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Smoked enough to last all the way to Thursday night football. Shoulder clod for chopped and slices, beef knuckle to medium rare for lunch meat slices and a ton of my Keto Cowboy beans

    40B70331-A869-44CB-996E-C37627C8C9D2.jpeg

    1B13D852-D874-4562-B085-5F9796962735.jpeg

    53C21975-D38C-48BA-A091-9E3E8F0DC7C7.jpeg

    DB6C47E5-1072-40B9-BBEF-B188C6981B39.jpeg

    E0D6DAB2-229F-45E0-84FD-16A05C08108A.jpeg

    BE3FCACE-F6DA-4C9F-BA6A-7BBA5B018BC5.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    With fall finally here and winter not far away here is a delicious and hearty meal suitable for a Sunday before or after a BROWNS GAMEDAY.  It's worth the prep and cook time! From 2012.......

    CHEESE WITH VEGGIE SOUP

    Total Time: 1 hr 5 min. Prep about 20 min. Cook time about 45 min.
    Serves about 4

    Ingredients
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    5 ounces small diced onion (approximately 1 cup)
    5 ounces small diced carrot (approximately 1 cup)
    5 ounces small diced celery (approximately 1 cup)......if you like celery, I also like broccoli
    1/2 teaspoon salt for sweating vegetables, plus more if needed at end of cooking
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 quart chicken broth, heated to a simmer
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 bay leaf
    1 cup heavy cream
    10 ounces Fontina, shredded.....optional cheeses, cheddar, sharp cheddar or your favorite might work
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon Marsala wine.....or a good red wine, sweet or dry is up to you
    1/2 teaspoon hot sauce.....optional
    1/2 teaspoon white pepper

    Directions
    Melt butter in large heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and salt. Sweat for 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Sift the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.

    Gradually add the chicken stock and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and add the garlic and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.

    Remove bay leaf. Turn off the heat, add the heavy cream, and then puree with an immersion blender or in a conventional blender*. Gradually add the cheese, 1 small handful at a time, and stir until melted before adding next handful. Stir in the Marsala, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and white pepper. Taste and add additional salt if desired. If soup is not hot enough, return to a low heat until warmed through.

    *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.

    NOTE: The above cheese and veggie soup recipe is a variation of Alton Brown's who has the show GOOD EATS, he's both good and entertaining, love his stuff....but I generally put my own touches on whatever I do.   ALSO if you click on the recipe link you will get a bunch of other fall meals and desserts.

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/good-eats/index.html

    I will also dig up a few of my own family cheese recipes....later.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Love the bread machine. Orange cranberry pecan brioche sliced, dipped in egg and milk and slapped on a hot griddle. Yep, freedom toast. Best with real maple syrup or creamed star thistle honey. 

  • Anybody going to or hosting a Sunday or Monday night tailgating party? What's cookin'?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Anybody going to or hosting a Sunday or Monday night tailgating party? What's cookin'?

    With your health issues, have you ever looked into eating some raw bee pollen? Or raw honey? Buckwheat is best but they’re all good. The pollen has a lot of enzymes that are good for you, B vitamins too.... go figure. Like Murray used to say every Friday.... “be happy, eat your honey”

    the only drawback is if you have bee allergies.. then probably best to stay away

  • @mjp28 said:

    Anybody going to or hosting a Sunday or Monday night tailgating party? What's cookin'?

    With your health issues, have you ever looked into eating some raw bee pollen? Or raw honey? Buckwheat is best but they’re all good. The pollen has a lot of enzymes that are good for you, B vitamins too.... go figure. Like Murray used to say every Friday.... “be happy, eat your honey”

    the only drawback is if you have bee allergies.. then probably best to stay away

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    With your health issues, have you ever looked into eating some raw bee pollen? Or raw honey? Buckwheat is best but they’re all good. The pollen has a lot of enzymes that are good for you, B vitamins too.... go figure. Like Murray used to say every Friday.... “be happy, eat your honey”

    the only drawback is if you have bee allergies.. then probably best to stay away

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat a high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    With your health issues, have you ever looked into eating some raw bee pollen? Or raw honey? Buckwheat is best but they’re all good. The pollen has a lot of enzymes that are good for you, B vitamins too.... go figure. Like Murray used to say every Friday.... “be happy, eat your honey”

    the only drawback is if you have bee allergies.. then probably best to stay away

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat a high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    .....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    There are just so many things PT can mean here.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    .....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    There are just so many things PT can mean here.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    There are just so many things PT can mean here.?

    Yeah I know Angie works with Shannon on me they are really cute and good. Then I'll have a nice lunch, we eat 3 times in 9 hours all made to order only 28 beds here maximum.

     PT can also mean Pain & Torture in some circles. 😮

  • @texasag1969 said:

    There are just so many things PT can mean here.?

    Yeah I know Angie works with Shannon on me they are really cute and good. Then I'll have a nice lunch, we eat 3 times in 9 hours all made to order only 28 beds here maximum.

     PT can also mean Pain & Torture in some circles. 😮

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

     PT can also mean Pain & Torture in some circles. 😮

    Some would call it S&M. I always think if the old Elvis song, "You're the devil ? in disguise ?."

    I had PT on a huge multiple hit racquetball bruise on the back of my calf with big knots of blood in it. PT consisted of not just easy ultrasound, but use of a steel roller and deep penetrating fingers to work it out every day for about 3 weeks. I can't imagine what they are doing to you.?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Angie is the PT and was trained in pressure point release treated my bad shoulders and knotted up back. OMG did that hurt!!! But it worked.

    Her PTA partner Taylor is off after having a baby had them last time, PTA Shannon is with her now with the other stuff.  Hurts in a good way.   😁

    Oh lunch was ham & cheese on rye, hummus and rye crackers, coleslaw, V8, coffee and pie.  This is a food thread after all.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    With your health issues, have you ever looked into eating some raw bee pollen? Or raw honey? Buckwheat is best but they’re all good. The pollen has a lot of enzymes that are good for you, B vitamins too.... go figure. Like Murray used to say every Friday.... “be happy, eat your honey”

    the only drawback is if you have bee allergies.. then probably best to stay away

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat a high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat s high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat s high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    I've taken the pills. I have forgotten about taking them for a while - been too healthy, no colds....

    http://www.beepollenhub.com/bee-pollen-benefits/

  • @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    My dad was a real health food guru many years back we used to go to the health food store in the mezzanine by McKelvey's in downtown Youngstown.  It was real honey, acerola berries (vitamin C), Monk's bread all that stuff.

    We rarely had sugar on cereal it was honey!