Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    With your health issues, have you ever looked into eating some raw bee pollen? Or raw honey? Buckwheat is best but they’re all good. The pollen has a lot of enzymes that are good for you, B vitamins too.... go figure. Like Murray used to say every Friday.... “be happy, eat your honey”

    the only drawback is if you have bee allergies.. then probably best to stay away

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat a high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat s high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I love honey but they don't have it on any menu here. I am on a regular diet here and eat s high protein diet of eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, meat plus all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Believe it or not because of the big time antibiotics, vancomycin in my case now, they want me to eat and put a few more pounds on...... some problem eh?

    BUT it's still not exactly GAMEDAY foods, I can't order up a ribeye steak medium hot off the grill and their small cheese pizzas suck not exactly Wedgewood pizza.......but I can have some meals brought in.  Food isn't bad for hospital food.

    Now I just watch football, read and plan my GAMEDAY foods when I get out.....oh my PT girl Angie is due in soon, gotta run.  😆

    GO BROWNS!

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Check out ebee honey or amishhoney. They only do mail. If you’ve only had grocery store honey, check out what’s really out there. 

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    I've taken the pills. I have forgotten about taking them for a while - been too healthy, no colds....

    http://www.beepollenhub.com/bee-pollen-benefits/

  • @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    My dad was a real health food guru many years back we used to go to the health food store in the mezzanine by McKelvey's in downtown Youngstown.  It was real honey, acerola berries (vitamin C), Monk's bread all that stuff.

    We rarely had sugar on cereal it was honey!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    My dad was a real health food guru many years back we used to go to the health food store in the mezzanine by McKelvey's in downtown Youngstown.  It was real honey, acerola berries (vitamin C), Monk's bread all that stuff.

    We rarely had sugar on cereal it was honey!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    My dad was a real health food guru many years back we used to go to the health food store in the mezzanine by McKelvey's in downtown Youngstown.  It was real honey, acerola berries (vitamin C), Monk's bread all that stuff.

    We rarely had sugar on cereal it was honey!

    Nothing like raw honey mixed in crunchy peanut butter eaten with a spoon!

    @calfoxwc said:

    raw honey has excellent health benefits, and the taste is superior. I get it free from a nieghbor who has a bunch of hives.

    really great stuff. A hell of a lot of work, it's nice I don't have em. lol

    So do you see a lot of 'em in your own garden stocking up for honey making at his place?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Have you ever eaten raw bee pollen? I tried it first time in February this year. Been eating about 2 tbsp daily since then. It’s pretty good for you too. 

    My dad was a real health food guru many years back we used to go to the health food store in the mezzanine by McKelvey's in downtown Youngstown.  It was real honey, acerola berries (vitamin C), Monk's bread all that stuff.

    We rarely had sugar on cereal it was honey!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    My dad was a real health food guru many years back we used to go to the health food store in the mezzanine by McKelvey's in downtown Youngstown.  It was real honey, acerola berries (vitamin C), Monk's bread all that stuff.

    We rarely had sugar on cereal it was honey!

    Now that you’re a bit older and have some health issues, read up on pollen. Digestive and circulation aid big time. I told my Dr about it and he was pretty pleased. And unless you’re allergic to it, there’s no down side

  • I usually love salty foods, but I HATE Spam!

    Mike  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    I usually love salty foods, but I HATE Spam!

    Mike  

    SPAM and similar products seem to be in the love it or hate it type food.   I personally LOVE SPAM cold on a sandwich or grilled on the stove with melted cheese and a tomato on your favorite bread. Ummmm.

  • @canton-mike said:

    I usually love salty foods, but I HATE Spam!

    Mike  

    SPAM and similar products seem to be in the love it or hate it type food.   I personally LOVE SPAM cold on a sandwich or grilled on the stove with melted cheese and a tomato on your favorite bread. Ummmm.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    SPAM and similar products seem to be in the love it or hate it type food.   I personally LOVE SPAM cold on a sandwich or grilled on the stove with melted cheese and a tomato on your favorite bread. Ummmm.

    Sliced thin and hit it on a griddle for a minute and it makes a damn good SLT sandwich. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    SPAM and similar products seem to be in the love it or hate it type food.   I personally LOVE SPAM cold on a sandwich or grilled on the stove with melted cheese and a tomato on your favorite bread. Ummmm.

    Sliced thin and hit it on a griddle for a minute and it makes a damn good SLT sandwich. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sliced thin and hit it on a griddle for a minute and it makes a damn good SLT sandwich. 

    I had a regular BLT for lunch today, SPAM is also a good idea.

  • @canton-mike said:

    I usually love salty foods, but I HATE Spam!

    Mike  

    SPAM and similar products seem to be in the love it or hate it type food.   I personally LOVE SPAM cold on a sandwich or grilled on the stove with melted cheese and a tomato on your favorite bread. Ummmm.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    SPAM and similar products seem to be in the love it or hate it type food.   I personally LOVE SPAM cold on a sandwich or grilled on the stove with melted cheese and a tomato on your favorite bread. Ummmm.

    Spam in fried rice is outstanding.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Just for the record my BBQ ribs were the high point of the game last night... 

    Of course compared to that fucking game a big bowl of dog food with sour cream would have been the high point but you know what I mean.

    WSS

  • Just for the record my BBQ ribs were the high point of the game last night... 

    Of course compared to that fucking game a big bowl of dog food with sour cream would have been the high point but you know what I mean.

    WSS

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Just for the record my BBQ ribs were the high point of the game last night... 

    Of course compared to that fucking game a big bowl of dog food with sour cream would have been the high point but you know what I mean.

    WSS

    A leftover spicy Chic fil A sand witch cold from the fridge tasted better than that turd we rolled out there.?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I planned on making squirrel and dumplings, but it rained a bit, leaves on still on, didn't see any good sized ones.

    but I've been too busy to hunt much. yet.

    Indian summer is not far away.

  • I planned on making squirrel and dumplings, but it rained a bit, leaves on still on, didn't see any good sized ones.

    but I've been too busy to hunt much. yet.

    Indian summer is not far away.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I planned on making squirrel and dumplings, but it rained a bit, leaves on still on, didn't see any good sized ones.

    but I've been too busy to hunt much. yet.

    Indian summer is not far away.

    We've had only 2 inches of rain since June and Austin just set an all time record of 4 degrees higher than any other Sept. in recorded history based on hourly measurements 24 hours a day. Finally cooled off to 60 degrees overnight Sunday and Monday.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I planned on making squirrel and dumplings, but it rained a bit, leaves on still on, didn't see any good sized ones.

    but I've been too busy to hunt much. yet.

    Indian summer is not far away.

    We've had only 2 inches of rain since June and Austin just set an all time record of 4 degrees higher than any other Sept. in recorded history based on hourly measurements 24 hours a day. Finally cooled off to 60 degrees overnight Sunday and Monday.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    We've had only 2 inches of rain since June and Austin just set an all time record of 4 degrees higher than any other Sept. in recorded history based on hourly measurements 24 hours a day. Finally cooled off to 60 degrees overnight Sunday and Monday.

    Austin, lol.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I planned on making squirrel and dumplings, but it rained a bit, leaves on still on, didn't see any good sized ones.

    but I've been too busy to hunt much. yet.

    Indian summer is not far away.

    We've had only 2 inches of rain since June and Austin just set an all time record of 4 degrees higher than any other Sept. in recorded history based on hourly measurements 24 hours a day. Finally cooled off to 60 degrees overnight Sunday and Monday.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    We've had only 2 inches of rain since June and Austin just set an all time record of 4 degrees higher than any other Sept. in recorded history based on hourly measurements 24 hours a day. Finally cooled off to 60 degrees overnight Sunday and Monday.

    Yes the farmers are juggling around everything this year on the too wet, hot etc. some crops are super some not. We've finally got a taste of fall, my favorite season, this week in NE Ohio with some highs in the 60s and 70s after some all time highs in October pushing 90!  Not my weather!

    I always root for the farmers, ranchers and other growers......and that global warming is a bitch lately.   😉

    Hey what's GAMEDAY food without those guys.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    We've had only 2 inches of rain since June and Austin just set an all time record of 4 degrees higher than any other Sept. in recorded history based on hourly measurements 24 hours a day. Finally cooled off to 60 degrees overnight Sunday and Monday.

    Yes the farmers are juggling around everything this year on the too wet, hot etc. some crops are super some not. We've finally got a taste of fall, my favorite season, this week in NE Ohio with some highs in the 60s and 70s after some all time highs in October pushing 90!  Not my weather!

    I always root for the farmers, ranchers and other growers......and that global warming is a bitch lately.   😉

    Hey what's GAMEDAY food without those guys.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes the farmers are juggling around everything this year on the too wet, hot etc. some crops are super some not. We've finally got a taste of fall, my favorite season, this week in NE Ohio with some highs in the 60s and 70s after some all time highs in October pushing 90!  Not my weather!

    I always root for the farmers, ranchers and other growers......and that global warming is a bitch lately.   😉

    Hey what's GAMEDAY food without those guys.

    Going to be in the 30s Friday or Saturday night. Time to fire up the soup. I made some Smoked Beef French onion soup for the fall weather yesterday. Cubes smoked brisket, smoked au jus pan drippings full of rosemary and thyme, beef stock , caramel iced onions. Declious and the smokiness adds a twist to the normal French onion soup. 

    3ABB653D-F4FD-4897-82D1-292045EBE74B.jpeg

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes the farmers are juggling around everything this year on the too wet, hot etc. some crops are super some not. We've finally got a taste of fall, my favorite season, this week in NE Ohio with some highs in the 60s and 70s after some all time highs in October pushing 90!  Not my weather!

    I always root for the farmers, ranchers and other growers......and that global warming is a bitch lately.   😉

    Hey what's GAMEDAY food without those guys.

    Going to be in the 30s Friday or Saturday night. Time to fire up the soup. I made some Smoked Beef French onion soup for the fall weather yesterday. Cubes smoked brisket, smoked au jus pan drippings full of rosemary and thyme, beef stock , caramel iced onions. Declious and the smokiness adds a twist to the normal French onion soup. 

    3ABB653D-F4FD-4897-82D1-292045EBE74B.jpeg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

     Cubes smoked brisket, smoked au jus pan drippings full of rosemary and thyme, beef stock , caramel iced onions.

    No parsley or sage? Simon & Garfunkel say shame on you.???

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes the farmers are juggling around everything this year on the too wet, hot etc. some crops are super some not. We've finally got a taste of fall, my favorite season, this week in NE Ohio with some highs in the 60s and 70s after some all time highs in October pushing 90!  Not my weather!

    I always root for the farmers, ranchers and other growers......and that global warming is a bitch lately.   😉

    Hey what's GAMEDAY food without those guys.

    Going to be in the 30s Friday or Saturday night. Time to fire up the soup. I made some Smoked Beef French onion soup for the fall weather yesterday. Cubes smoked brisket, smoked au jus pan drippings full of rosemary and thyme, beef stock , caramel iced onions. Declious and the smokiness adds a twist to the normal French onion soup. 

    3ABB653D-F4FD-4897-82D1-292045EBE74B.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Going to be in the 30s Friday or Saturday night. Time to fire up the soup. I made some Smoked Beef French onion soup for the fall weather yesterday. Cubes smoked brisket, smoked au jus pan drippings full of rosemary and thyme, beef stock , caramel iced onions. Declious and the smokiness adds a twist to the normal French onion soup. 

    I love french onion soup one of my favorites......I also have a good recipe for french onion chicken, might have put in on here a while back, try it you'll like it especially on the upcoming fall and winter days coming up. Ummmmmmm.