Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • @the-gipper said:

    Even simpler is using that green lettuce stuff in things like pizza, chicken, burgers etc.

    Green lettuce in those recipes or on or with them?   (as a topping or garnish)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    Green lettuce in those recipes or on or with them?   (as a topping or garnish)

    As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered.  (did you honestly not get that?)

  • @mjp28 said:

    Green lettuce in those recipes or on or with them?   (as a topping or garnish)

    As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered.  (did you honestly not get that?)

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered.  (did you honestly not get that?)

    No.  We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.

  • @the-gipper said:

    As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered.  (did you honestly not get that?)

    No.  We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @mjp28 said:

    No.  We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.

    Homemade buttermilk pie tastes far better than it may sound.

    Ingredients

    • 3 eggs
    • 2 cups sugar
    • 1/2 cup (one stick) melted butter a little bit cooled
    • 3 tablespoons flour
    • 1 cup buttermilk
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (sprinkled over the pie batter in the pie shell)
    • pinch of salt
    • 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked (see option below-I prefer it)

    Instructions

    • In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
    • Whisk in remaining ingredients (excluding nutmeg) until smooth.
    • Pour into prepared pie crust. (optional to bake that @ 350 for 10 min. Helps set the bottom crust)
    • Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
    • Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue bake for 45-50 minutes.
    • After 30 minutes total I would shape a layer of tin foil around & covering the edge of the pie crust to prevent too much overbrowning. Keep the pie "innards" open to the oven or it will end up too runny inside. Use a toothpick to see if the middle has "set" when done. Use judgement on that so the outer batter isn't over-cooked. Use the old fashioned southern method and finger it. LOL!?
  • @the-gipper said:

    As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered.  (did you honestly not get that?)

    No.  We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    No.  We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.

    Well, then. Which dwarf does that make you?

  • @mjp28 said:

    No.  We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.

    Well, then. Which dwarf does that make you?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, then. Which dwarf does that make you?

    Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, then. Which dwarf does that make you?

    Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???

    Grumpy was my cat when I was young.   Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???

    Grumpy was my cat when I was young.   Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Grumpy was my cat when I was young.   Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.

    Debutante or Debonair? ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Grumpy was my cat when I was young.   Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.

    Debutante or Debonair? ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Debutante or Debonair? ?

    Select any of the following cartoon characters:   

    D.jpg

    maybe particularly the ones at the bottom right.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun? 

    (I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)

    Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it!  ?  Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat??  ?

    Titles....people are too damned in love with "titles".

    I think, in the future, I may just call all my recipes "tastes good" & let somebody else guess what the hell it is.  

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun? 

    (I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)

    Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it!  ?  Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat??  ?

    Titles....people are too damned in love with "titles".

    I think, in the future, I may just call all my recipes "tastes good" & let somebody else guess what the hell it is.  

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @canton-mike said:

    Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it!  ?  Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat??  ?

    Mike

    100% all meat meatballs are not really that good or flavorful...... IMHO.   My wife has some terrific meatball mix recipes which I like -and- I sometimes prefer a good meat sauce with my pasta to separate meatballs and sauce.  Also real good flavored meatballs with melted cheese can make a good hot or leftover cold sandwich.  Ummmmmmm.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

  • Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

    Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.

    But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.

    ........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.     🤔

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

    Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.

    But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.

    ........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.     🤔

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.

    But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.

    ........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.     🤔

    Swordfish steaks are great. I also love Cajun style blackened redfish or either grilled or baked-in-butter fresh flounder. ??

  • Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    Nobody having New England clam chowder?     😆

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    C44EC27E-D8D6-42F9-8265-7B4DCE7047B7.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    You and your Cheetos......but hey no wrong way to enjoy cheese.   Ummmmmm.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    OH on the GAMEDAY.FOOD the wife made chili at home.  And for a little variety in life I try not to remember what I ordered until I get it.

    GO BROWNS, dinner is soon.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Authentic GAMEDAY or anyway food either at kickoff or midnight.......oh yes !!   Nothing like combining traveling and the culinary thing together pictures included.   😉

    .....I like the ATM with $10 bills, nice touch!   😆

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Sunday-Wed I got that good old fashioned VA Hospital bag fulla water IV supplemented by liquid diet only meals. Chicken broth with orange Jello anyone? Yuk!?