Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • @the-gipper said:

    Grumpy was my cat when I was young.   Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.

    Debutante or Debonair? ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Debutante or Debonair? ?

    Select any of the following cartoon characters:   

    D.jpg

    maybe particularly the ones at the bottom right.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun? 

    (I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)

    Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it!  ?  Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat??  ?

    Titles....people are too damned in love with "titles".

    I think, in the future, I may just call all my recipes "tastes good" & let somebody else guess what the hell it is.  

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun? 

    (I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)

    Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it!  ?  Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat??  ?

    Titles....people are too damned in love with "titles".

    I think, in the future, I may just call all my recipes "tastes good" & let somebody else guess what the hell it is.  

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @canton-mike said:

    Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it!  ?  Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat??  ?

    Mike

    100% all meat meatballs are not really that good or flavorful...... IMHO.   My wife has some terrific meatball mix recipes which I like -and- I sometimes prefer a good meat sauce with my pasta to separate meatballs and sauce.  Also real good flavored meatballs with melted cheese can make a good hot or leftover cold sandwich.  Ummmmmmm.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

  • Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

    Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.

    But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.

    ........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.     🤔

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?

    Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.

    But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.

    ........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.     🤔

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.

    But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.

    ........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.     🤔

    Swordfish steaks are great. I also love Cajun style blackened redfish or either grilled or baked-in-butter fresh flounder. ??

  • Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?

    Nobody having New England clam chowder?     😆

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    C44EC27E-D8D6-42F9-8265-7B4DCE7047B7.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    You and your Cheetos......but hey no wrong way to enjoy cheese.   Ummmmmm.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    OH on the GAMEDAY.FOOD the wife made chili at home.  And for a little variety in life I try not to remember what I ordered until I get it.

    GO BROWNS, dinner is soon.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Authentic GAMEDAY or anyway food either at kickoff or midnight.......oh yes !!   Nothing like combining traveling and the culinary thing together pictures included.   😉

    .....I like the ATM with $10 bills, nice touch!   😆

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Sunday-Wed I got that good old fashioned VA Hospital bag fulla water IV supplemented by liquid diet only meals. Chicken broth with orange Jello anyone? Yuk!?

  • Sunday-Wed I got that good old fashioned VA Hospital bag fulla water IV supplemented by liquid diet only meals. Chicken broth with orange Jello anyone? Yuk!?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Sunday-Wed I got that good old fashioned VA Hospital bag fulla water IV supplemented by liquid diet only meals. Chicken broth with orange Jello anyone? Yuk!?

    Ummmmm,. Jello I can't look at the stuff now yeeeech!

    Oh well you can think about the better meals ahead steaks off the grill, chicken, chops ..........or yeah real GAMEDAY food.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Sunday-Wed I got that good old fashioned VA Hospital bag fulla water IV supplemented by liquid diet only meals. Chicken broth with orange Jello anyone? Yuk!?

    Ummmmm,. Jello I can't look at the stuff now yeeeech!

    Oh well you can think about the better meals ahead steaks off the grill, chicken, chops ..........or yeah real GAMEDAY food.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Ummmmm,. Jello I can't look at the stuff now yeeeech!

    Oh well you can think about the better meals ahead steaks off the grill, chicken, chops ..........or yeah real GAMEDAY food.

    Right now only pureed chicken salad sandwich appeals to me more. But then again a brownie cures all ills.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Ummmmm,. Jello I can't look at the stuff now yeeeech!

    Oh well you can think about the better meals ahead steaks off the grill, chicken, chops ..........or yeah real GAMEDAY food.

    Right now only pureed chicken salad sandwich appeals to me more. But then again a brownie cures all ills.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @texasag1969 said:

    Right now only pureed chicken salad sandwich appeals to me more. But then again a brownie cures all ills.?

    I've been in 5 hospitals and now 6 rehab joints and this one is the worst ever for food,. I've even complained to the D.O.N. on this place not getting me the foods my doctor recommended to me and I've been here 14 days now.  I'm spoiled I've been in really good places for food.

    Oh and I have a tuna salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwich for lunch every day and it's ok at best.  No 4* ratings for this place!  

    And I know my food I offered to run their kitchen -or- the entire joint and I meant it..... this is the Anmal House of hospitals, any my doctor is on staff here and she's good!

    Oh well GAMEDAY FOOD dreamin'.......😍

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well mjp, I told you I'd show you my Browns gameday NYC pizza, from Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Verona, New Jersey. The original Grimaldi's is located under the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn... the original owner is from one of the original pizza families of New York City. This pizza had fried eggplant, pepperoni and ricotta cheese on it. Delicious! 

    IMG_0021.jpg

    I'm just dreamn' of good food again here in this culinary wasteland.....I will say that finally they are trying.....we used to play "find the missing food" everyday here generally 2, 3 or 4 items each meal, no kidding they forgot milk 3 meals in a row......then the Director of Nursing went into the kitchen to see what was happening!!  There have been some improvements since.

    Well back to the culinary Oasis of Grimaldi's in NYC,. this just has the look and I can only imagine the smell and taste of an old original NYC style pizza.  The pepperonis and other toppings don't have that perfect look of a manufactured franchise pizza (generally a big yuck from me). -but- have that quickly made and perfectly cooked pizza. They make them FAST and sell them FAST!    (I just hit save image. 🙁)

    Thanks a whole lot Sean ......our dinner trays just came with a perfectly round clump of  instant mashed  potatoes with goo gravey and a stuffed green pepper...... haven't tried it yet.   OH BIG HOSPITAL TIP O' THE DAY - bring your own salt & pepper shakers and anything else that you enjoy!

    Bon appetit!    Oh only forgot 1 item today..... my chocolate Ensure, I told him to skip it.    😆

    .......oh I just realized that they forgot my coffee too?  Geeezzzzzz.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well mjp, I told you I'd show you my Browns gameday NYC pizza, from Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Verona, New Jersey. The original Grimaldi's is located under the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn... the original owner is from one of the original pizza families of New York City. This pizza had fried eggplant, pepperoni and ricotta cheese on it. Delicious! 

    IMG_0021.jpg

    I'm just dreamn' of good food again here in this culinary wasteland.....I will say that finally they are trying.....we used to play "find the missing food" everyday here generally 2, 3 or 4 items each meal, no kidding they forgot milk 3 meals in a row......then the Director of Nursing went into the kitchen to see what was happening!!  There have been some improvements since.

    Well back to the culinary Oasis of Grimaldi's in NYC,. this just has the look and I can only imagine the smell and taste of an old original NYC style pizza.  The pepperonis and other toppings don't have that perfect look of a manufactured franchise pizza (generally a big yuck from me). -but- have that quickly made and perfectly cooked pizza. They make them FAST and sell them FAST!    (I just hit save image. 🙁)

    Thanks a whole lot Sean ......our dinner trays just came with a perfectly round clump of  instant mashed  potatoes with goo gravey and a stuffed green pepper...... haven't tried it yet.   OH BIG HOSPITAL TIP O' THE DAY - bring your own salt & pepper shakers and anything else that you enjoy!

    Bon appetit!    Oh only forgot 1 item today..... my chocolate Ensure, I told him to skip it.    😆

    .......oh I just realized that they forgot my coffee too?  Geeezzzzzz.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Thanks a whole lot Sean ......our dinner trays just came with a perfectly round clump of  instant mashed  potatoes with goo gravey and a stuffed green pepper...... haven't tried it yet.   OH BIG HOSPITAL TIP O' THE DAY - bring your own salt & pepper shakers and anything else that you enjoy!

    Bon appetit!    Oh only forgot 1 item today..... my chocolate Ensure, I told him to skip it.    😆

    .......oh I just realized that they forgot my coffee too?  Geeezzzzzz.

    LOL! Second tip of the day. Don't use the fake butter they put down for mashed potatoes, grits or whatever. Holy crap that stuff is like eating Crisco straight out of a 60 year old can. You know, the old congealed white Crisco. May as well eat day old bacon grease which at least has a flavor other than uncooked pig fat.??

  • @mjp28 said:

    Thanks a whole lot Sean ......our dinner trays just came with a perfectly round clump of  instant mashed  potatoes with goo gravey and a stuffed green pepper...... haven't tried it yet.   OH BIG HOSPITAL TIP O' THE DAY - bring your own salt & pepper shakers and anything else that you enjoy!

    Bon appetit!    Oh only forgot 1 item today..... my chocolate Ensure, I told him to skip it.    😆

    .......oh I just realized that they forgot my coffee too?  Geeezzzzzz.

    LOL! Second tip of the day. Don't use the fake butter they put down for mashed potatoes, grits or whatever. Holy crap that stuff is like eating Crisco straight out of a 60 year old can. You know, the old congealed white Crisco. May as well eat day old bacon grease which at least has a flavor other than uncooked pig fat.??

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Second tip of the day. Don't use the fake butter they put down for mashed potatoes, grits or whatever. Holy crap that stuff is like eating Crisco straight out of a 60 year old can. You know, the old congealed white Crisco. May as well eat day old bacon grease which at least has a flavor other than uncooked pig fat.??

    Oh God my dinner was aweful!   Worst stuffed peppers I've ever had, yuuccck. Mashed potatoes I covered them with pepper and salt.

    And goo gravey is just that goo in a big barrel.  And they have a chicken flavored goo gravey and who knows what that comes in???  Oh Christmas I still have a few weeks to go here.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Second tip of the day. Don't use the fake butter they put down for mashed potatoes, grits or whatever. Holy crap that stuff is like eating Crisco straight out of a 60 year old can. You know, the old congealed white Crisco. May as well eat day old bacon grease which at least has a flavor other than uncooked pig fat.??

    Oh God my dinner was aweful!   Worst stuffed peppers I've ever had, yuuccck. Mashed potatoes I covered them with pepper and salt.

    And goo gravey is just that goo in a big barrel.  And they have a chicken flavored goo gravey and who knows what that comes in???  Oh Christmas I still have a few weeks to go here.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh God my dinner was aweful!   Worst stuffed peppers I've ever had, yuuccck. Mashed potatoes I covered them with pepper and salt.

    And goo gravey is just that goo in a big barrel.  And they have a chicken flavored goo gravey and who knows what that comes in???  Oh Christmas I still have a few weeks to go here.  

    Ask for the liquid diet as a change. At least they give you real jello and chicken broth if you're lucky. I certainly don't envy what you have been and are currently going through. But I do have admiration. Keep up the good fight.?