Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    When my brother was in rehab after having CHF and AFIB, he was on a salt free diet.  He said the food was unedible.  He lost 35 lbs in one month.

  • When my brother was in rehab after having CHF and AFIB, he was on a salt free diet.  He said the food was unedible.  He lost 35 lbs in one month.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    When my brother was in rehab after having CHF and AFIB, he was on a salt free diet.  He said the food was unedible.  He lost 35 lbs in one month.

    Yep they fed me something that was supposed to pass for grits when they let me start real food. No salt and this fake butter. I couldn't get but a few bites down and asked for the soup back. Did your brother survive that DieHard?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    When my brother was in rehab after having CHF and AFIB, he was on a salt free diet.  He said the food was unedible.  He lost 35 lbs in one month.

    Yep they fed me something that was supposed to pass for grits when they let me start real food. No salt and this fake butter. I couldn't get but a few bites down and asked for the soup back. Did your brother survive that DieHard?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep they fed me something that was supposed to pass for grits when they let me start real food. No salt and this fake butter. I couldn't get but a few bites down and asked for the soup back. Did your brother survive that DieHard?

    Yep, that was over two years ago.  He quit smoking and drinking (which I could hardly believe) had a pacemaker put in also.  He's still kicking.  (Retired MSGT USMC).

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep they fed me something that was supposed to pass for grits when they let me start real food. No salt and this fake butter. I couldn't get but a few bites down and asked for the soup back. Did your brother survive that DieHard?

    Yep, that was over two years ago.  He quit smoking and drinking (which I could hardly believe) had a pacemaker put in also.  He's still kicking.  (Retired MSGT USMC).

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Yep, that was over two years ago.  He quit smoking and drinking (which I could hardly believe) had a pacemaker put in also.  He's still kicking.  (Retired MSGT USMC).

    Well I could not add more reactions for the day, but that's great to hear. Nothing like a wakeup call.?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    For Thanksgiving practice we’re gonna make sweet potato pie topped with candied pecans

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And for trick o treat some scary pictures from last week......

    Oh that's my about 40" TV which is big by hospital standards, sorry the game wasn't up to any standards.   🙁

    IMG_20191027_175043.jpg

    IMG_20191027_174957.jpg

  • And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

    Looks like worms

  • @mjp28 said:

    And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

    Looks like worms

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Looks like worms

    Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Looks like worms

    Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

    tumblr_o8iqxgpjYM1qdv8mto6_r2_250.gif

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

  • The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    giphy.gif

  • The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

    As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

    Mike

  • Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

    Can we share the recipe please?

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

  • Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

    Gruel

  • @kvoethe said:

    Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

    Gruel

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe

    @the-gipper said:

    Gruel

    Way better than gruel...more flavorful and the noodles were perfect...not mush...just right!!  Also..the kids love it.

  • @mjp28 said:

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

    As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @canton-mike said:

    Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

    As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

    Mike

    Oh WGH I remember that place in 1984 I was selling electrical supplies to electrical contractors, industries including every hospital in  3 counties in Ohio and 5 in Pennsylvania.

    Some hospitals I've been in have had good food, most were at least ok this one is AWFUL including their frozen omlets for breakfast!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Gruel

    Way better than gruel...more flavorful and the noodles were perfect...not mush...just right!!  Also..the kids love it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Way better than gruel...more flavorful and the noodles were perfect...not mush...just right!!  Also..the kids love it.

    Prison Gruel then!  ?