Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And for trick o treat some scary pictures from last week......

    Oh that's my about 40" TV which is big by hospital standards, sorry the game wasn't up to any standards.   🙁

    IMG_20191027_175043.jpg

    IMG_20191027_174957.jpg

  • And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

    Looks like worms

  • @mjp28 said:

    And yes for Halloween Friday dinner with their lousy fish, rice, mixed veggies I had my wife's Kluski chicken noodle soup with the wide noodles, 110% improvement to dinner.

    After having some of the broth first.......

    IMG_20191101_173119.jpg

    Looks like worms

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Looks like worms

    Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Looks like worms

    Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Ummmmm tastes like worms too...... actually quite tender but I probably shouldn't have finished the broth and chicken before the pictures.

    tumblr_o8iqxgpjYM1qdv8mto6_r2_250.gif

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

  • The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    giphy.gif

  • The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

    As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

    Mike

  • Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

    Can we share the recipe please?

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

  • Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

    Gruel

  • @kvoethe said:

    Lol...made this in my pressure cooker last night...reemes frozen noodles and fresh chicken

    5953839011.jpg

    Gruel

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe

    @the-gipper said:

    Gruel

    Way better than gruel...more flavorful and the noodles were perfect...not mush...just right!!  Also..the kids love it.

  • @mjp28 said:

    The hospital culinary wasteland continues.  (I miss my previous places, cooked to order good food.   🙁)

    Two days ago I had Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes, corn......I got a hamburger covered with brown goo, the cheapest box mix potatoes you can imagine and blah corn.   I know that the guys in the Youngstown jail are eating better than me.

    Last night my wife felt bad and brought me lasagne in a good sausage and meat sauce.  

    Tonight GAMEDAY NIGHT still TBD.    SO what's on your menu for the Pittsburgh at CLEVELAND game?

    Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

    As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @canton-mike said:

    Hospital food is AWFUL because it's "institutional food", but back in the 1980's  I worked at Warren General Hospital, a small Osteopathic Hospital & the food was homemade (NOT institutional), and some of the best food I have ever tasted. One little lady made the best rhubarb pie I have ever had. Sadly, Warren General is no more, but my memories from there are cherished.

    As far as tonight, too cold for us to tailgate, so my Brother & I will meet at Mission BBQ in Parma (Chopped Brisket marinated in Memphis Belle Sauce is the BOMB!) & take the Transit to the game.

    Mike

    Oh WGH I remember that place in 1984 I was selling electrical supplies to electrical contractors, industries including every hospital in  3 counties in Ohio and 5 in Pennsylvania.

    Some hospitals I've been in have had good food, most were at least ok this one is AWFUL including their frozen omlets for breakfast!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Gruel

    Way better than gruel...more flavorful and the noodles were perfect...not mush...just right!!  Also..the kids love it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Way better than gruel...more flavorful and the noodles were perfect...not mush...just right!!  Also..the kids love it.

    Prison Gruel then!  ?

  • @jcam222 said:

    Been making sausage for the freezer the last week or so. I do patties as we prefer them to links. Found a new recipe for German style brats that is the bomb!! So here some plated up. Double decker bratwurst patties with Swiss cheese and a dill kraut on homemade Swiss rye chaffles with a side of a spin on German potato salad made from Daikon radish.     

    0B911A19-171E-4012-A18A-09FDE3910E27.jpeg

    BE1DF6F7-336E-4937-B71D-4A673DE3A51C.jpeg

    Can we share the recipe please?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Can we share the recipe please?

    For which items? Glad to share 

  • @kvoethe said:

    Can we share the recipe please?

    For which items? Glad to share 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe

    @jcam222 said:

    For which items? Glad to share 

    The bratwurst

  • @jcam222 said:

    For which items? Glad to share 

    The bratwurst

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    The bratwurst

    jcam does some good grilling meats here!

  • @jcam222 said:

    For which items? Glad to share 

    The bratwurst

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    @kvoethe said:

    The bratwurst

    Per 5 pounds of meat of your choice. I got to the butcher and have him give me the same pork grind he uses for sausage. Could also grind your own pork maybe a combo of butt and pork fat to get around 80/20. Can be made into patties or stuffed into casings. If doing patties keep hands wet as you patty it up as it’s a bit sticky. I do them up in 1/4 lbs patties and freeze in packs of 4. This is very good bratwurst. If I get a chance later I’ll put up my sage breakfast sausage recipe too. It’s right up there with Bob Evans or better. 

    1 Tbsp Sugar (I use Splenda)
    3 Tbsp Salt
    (if you wish to smoke these, add 1 tsp cure #1)
    2 tsp Black Pepper
    2 tsp Onion Powder
    2 tsp Garlic Powder
    2 tsp Ginger
    2 tsp Marjoram
    1 tsp Caraway seed, ground is better
    1 tsp Coriander

    These next ingredients set German Brats apart from
    other sausage's flavor profile, and texture:

    1 tsp Cardamom
    2 drops lemon extract (or 2 tsp zest)
    1 tsp Nutmeg 
    2 eggs
    1 cup heavy cream
    I just mix by hand in a bowl. I usually split into to 2 1/2 lbs. bowls. Add about half spice to each. Keeping hands wet mix it all up good. Then I put them together, put in eggs and cream and mix it all together. 

  • @kvoethe said:

    The bratwurst

    Per 5 pounds of meat of your choice. I got to the butcher and have him give me the same pork grind he uses for sausage. Could also grind your own pork maybe a combo of butt and pork fat to get around 80/20. Can be made into patties or stuffed into casings. If doing patties keep hands wet as you patty it up as it’s a bit sticky. I do them up in 1/4 lbs patties and freeze in packs of 4. This is very good bratwurst. If I get a chance later I’ll put up my sage breakfast sausage recipe too. It’s right up there with Bob Evans or better. 

    1 Tbsp Sugar (I use Splenda)
    3 Tbsp Salt
    (if you wish to smoke these, add 1 tsp cure #1)
    2 tsp Black Pepper
    2 tsp Onion Powder
    2 tsp Garlic Powder
    2 tsp Ginger
    2 tsp Marjoram
    1 tsp Caraway seed, ground is better
    1 tsp Coriander

    These next ingredients set German Brats apart from
    other sausage's flavor profile, and texture:

    1 tsp Cardamom
    2 drops lemon extract (or 2 tsp zest)
    1 tsp Nutmeg 
    2 eggs
    1 cup heavy cream
    I just mix by hand in a bowl. I usually split into to 2 1/2 lbs. bowls. Add about half spice to each. Keeping hands wet mix it all up good. Then I put them together, put in eggs and cream and mix it all together. 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Per 5 pounds of meat of your choice. I got to the butcher and have him give me the same pork grind he uses for sausage. Could also grind your own pork maybe a combo of butt and pork fat to get around 80/20. Can be made into patties or stuffed into casings. If doing patties keep hands wet as you patty it up as it’s a bit sticky. I do them up in 1/4 lbs patties and freeze in packs of 4. This is very good bratwurst. If I get a chance later I’ll put up my sage breakfast sausage recipe too. It’s right up there with Bob Evans or better. 

    1 Tbsp Sugar (I use Splenda)
    3 Tbsp Salt
    (if you wish to smoke these, add 1 tsp cure #1)
    2 tsp Black Pepper
    2 tsp Onion Powder
    2 tsp Garlic Powder
    2 tsp Ginger
    2 tsp Marjoram
    1 tsp Caraway seed, ground is better
    1 tsp Coriander

    These next ingredients set German Brats apart from
    other sausage's flavor profile, and texture:

    1 tsp Cardamom
    2 drops lemon extract (or 2 tsp zest)
    1 tsp Nutmeg 
    2 eggs
    1 cup heavy cream
    I just mix by hand in a bowl. I usually split into to 2 1/2 lbs. bowls. Add about half spice to each. Keeping hands wet mix it all up good. Then I put them together, put in eggs and cream and mix it all together. 

    Thanks!!!  Ill be trying this soon!!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I told them today that I want to get out of here the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am going to lift weights everyday if I have to to get there.

    Oh God 12 more days of this crap food.  My wife brings in suppers whenever she can better than this mystery meat stuff.

    I found out last week this place is owned by two Jewish brothers from NY State.  I think they're running it into the ground!   It's a good thing that I'm as tough as a freaking cockroach......I was joking with my doctor the other day that if there were a nuclear war the only things left would be the cockroaches and me...... and I'm not too sure about them.  😆