• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
@dutch-oven said:
This is a dumb question, but mind you I've lived in NE Ohio my whole life, but where in the south does one boil peanuts? What do they taste like?
Ok, I spent a couple years in N Carolina. Boiled peanuts is a big time snack amongst the native Southerners. They have different flavors added to them. Come in jars and taste like beans. Soft and mushy. Haven't had em, seen em or missed them since I've been back.
Ok, I spent a couple years in N Carolina. Boiled peanuts is a big time snack amongst the native Southerners. They have different flavors added to them. Come in jars and taste like beans. Soft and mushy. Haven't had em, seen em or missed them since I've been back.
been here now over 20 years.. Native
(them'damn) Southerners will gift me at least 3 jars at Xmas season. Not a chance in hell am touching them things..OPEN INVITATION(dutch)--PM me your address, the 1st sucker gifted of olive oily pea green mushy beans is all yours.(not a drop of salt on none of them(it won't even stick to them itches). Edit--I work on 301N outside of Wilson,NC..hell naw you don't speed nor even get into the passing lane in Wilson County..Buford T carries 3 guns..A Radar, A Tazzer & a 3" hole in your tire... fix a flat can't fix..Ya all drive careful now
(this ain't no car wash)
-
Not to be picky but that should have been with a cold draft beer. Just for the purists.
WSS
Yep, according to the song. But the margaritas are for the wife. And it does keep with the Buffet theme.
Yep, according to the song. But the margaritas are for the wife. And it does keep with the Buffet theme.
Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.
-
Yep, according to the song. But the margaritas are for the wife. And it does keep with the Buffet theme.
Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.
Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.
Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.
-
Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.
Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.
Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.
... and then came the cheeseburgers...

-
Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.
... and then came the cheeseburgers...

-
Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.
... and then came the cheeseburgers...

... and then came the cheeseburgers...

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.
We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.
-
Anyone ever eat spiedies? Cubes of chicken, lamb, beef or pork marinated a few days and using skewers toast em on the grill, serve em on a sausage bun. A little spicy mustard and your set.
-
... and then came the cheeseburgers...

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.
We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.
Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.
We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.
Everything but the Hellmans, prefer Duke's.
-
@dutch-oven said:
Well after your description, I'm not sure I ever want to eat peanuts in ANY form anymore!

Not sure now what I want more - road trip to Girard for some chili/cheese/onion dogs and fries at Jib Jab or north 10 miles
Save the 10 miles on gas ..Go with the 2 Dogs, hit the Mini Mart for scratch offs, Cold Beer & 1 large bag Peanut M&M's..By morning Let us know if Browns win the SB?
-
@dutch-oven said:
Well after your description, I'm not sure I ever want to eat peanuts in ANY form anymore!

This thread never fails to make me hungry as hell... Not sure now what I want more - road trip to Girard for some chili/cheese/onion dogs and fries at Jib Jab or north 10 miles to Hodge's for a 1/2 burger in Barberton. Mmmm...
Sometimes nothing better than a hot dog! We had them Sunday evening on the grill, leftover in microwave Monday (cook the pack!).....the first real un-turkey meal.
This weekend, hmmmmm, good NCAA games maybe Wedgewood Pizza , yeah sounds good even with NO delivery offered.
-
... and then came the cheeseburgers...

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.
We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.
1)Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.
2) We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sauce, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.
1) hoorta's limited diet says cheeseburger, lettuce, pickle, X mayo. To this day, I can't stand mustard in any of it's forms.
2) Sounds like you'd love world famous Tony Paco's in Toledo- ever been? If not, put it on your bucket list. I'm a plain dog on a grilled bun sort of guy...
This weekend, hmmmmm, good NCAA games maybe Wedgewood Pizza , yeah sounds good even with NO delivery offered.
If you know of anything other than Oklahoma and Ohio State games, post it. Gotta continue scouting potential QBs.
-
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
-
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
-
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
I remember it. Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.
-
I hear Mountain Oysters are very popular at the Haslam house
-
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
I remember it. Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.
I remember it. Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.
Don't remember Pizza King, but brought back a memory of CiCi's on Ridge Road... pretty good stuff once upon a time.
-
Bratwurst, hamburgers, macaroni salad, and baked beans baby!
-
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?
WSS
Sorry guys...I am going to go a bit esoteric with Steve here.
No, but I remember Laconi's....long gone. I remember we went there a few times But I don't remember how good their pizza was. Do you?
And what about Jeep and Joe's? Any good do you recall?
I do remember Franco's...downtown Wadsworth. The worst....like eating cardboard.
And do you remember Trecaso's? Wasn't the owner like a big horse's arse?
( just a joke folks...Trecaso's ...now on Highland Square in Akron, is one of the best pizzas and the owner is a good friend of ours)
-
And Steve....this is a place I still remember: When we went first to NYC to CBS records, then to Philly International with Dennis Edwards, we stayed in a motel in like Cherry Hill NJ, just outside of Philly. Next to where we stayed was a combination bar/pizza parlor. It had great pizza and a great atmosphere. In fact, I liked it enough that when I went up that way some many years later with my family, I stopped back in again at that place. Obviously I do not recall the name...but it was on the main drag in Cherry Hill. Remember?
-
My recollection of that place was that it was in Blackwood New Jersey. Great place amazingly friendly people who all seemed like they were cast members from The Sopranos but very welcoming.
It was William Edwards the cousin of Dennis.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login