Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.5k 2
  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.

    Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

    With fries, milkshakes and cake

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

    Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

    We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Anyone ever eat spiedies? Cubes of chicken, lamb, beef or pork marinated a few days and using skewers toast em on the grill, serve em on a sausage bun. A little spicy mustard and your set.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

    Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

    We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

    We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

    Everything but the Hellmans, prefer Duke's.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well after your description, I'm not sure I ever want to eat peanuts in ANY form anymore! 😆

    Not sure now what I want more - road trip to Girard for some chili/cheese/onion dogs and fries at Jib Jab or north 10 miles 

    Save the 10 miles on gas ..Go with the 2 Dogs, hit the Mini Mart for scratch offs, Cold Beer & 1 large bag Peanut M&M's..By morning Let us know if Browns win the SB? 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well after your description, I'm not sure I ever want to eat peanuts in ANY form anymore! 😆

    This thread never fails to make me hungry as hell... Not sure now what I want more - road trip to Girard for some chili/cheese/onion dogs and fries at Jib Jab or north 10 miles to Hodge's for a 1/2 burger in Barberton. Mmmm...

    Sometimes nothing better than a hot dog! We had them Sunday evening on the grill, leftover in microwave Monday (cook the pack!).....the first real un-turkey meal.

    This weekend, hmmmmm, good NCAA games maybe  Wedgewood Pizza , yeah sounds good even with NO delivery offered.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... and then came the cheeseburgers... 🙂

    Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

    We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    1)Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

    2) We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sauce, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

    1) hoorta's limited diet says cheeseburger, lettuce, pickle, X mayo. To this day, I can't stand mustard in any of it's forms. 

    2) Sounds like you'd love world famous Tony Paco's in Toledo- ever been? If not, put it on your bucket list. I'm a plain dog on a grilled bun sort of guy...   

    @mjp28 said:

    This weekend, hmmmmm, good NCAA games maybe  Wedgewood Pizza , yeah sounds good even with NO delivery offered.

    If you know of anything other than Oklahoma and Ohio State games, post it.   Gotta continue scouting potential QBs.   

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

  • Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

    I remember it.  Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    I hear Mountain Oysters are very popular at the Haslam house

  • @westside-steve said:

    Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

    I remember it.  Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I remember it.  Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.

    Don't remember Pizza King, but brought back a memory of CiCi's on Ridge Road... pretty good stuff once upon a time.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    Bratwurst, hamburgers, macaroni salad, and baked beans baby!

  • Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @westside-steve said:

    Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

    WSS

     Sorry guys...I am going to go a bit esoteric with Steve here.

    No, but I remember Laconi's....long gone.  I remember we went there a few times   But I don't remember how good their pizza was.  Do you?

    And what about Jeep and Joe's?  Any good do you recall? 

    I do remember Franco's...downtown Wadsworth.  The worst....like eating cardboard.

    And do you remember Trecaso's?  Wasn't the owner like a big horse's arse?  😆 ( just a joke folks...Trecaso's ...now on Highland Square in Akron, is one of the best pizzas and the owner is a good friend of ours) 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    And Steve....this is a place I still remember:    When we went first to NYC to CBS records, then to Philly International with Dennis Edwards, we stayed in a  motel in like Cherry Hill NJ, just outside of Philly.    Next to where we stayed was a combination   bar/pizza parlor.  It had great pizza and a great atmosphere. In fact, I liked it enough that when I went up that way some many years later with my family, I stopped back in again at that place.  Obviously I do not recall the name...but it was on the main drag in Cherry Hill.  Remember?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    My recollection of that place was that it was in Blackwood New Jersey. Great place amazingly friendly people who all seemed like they were cast members from The Sopranos but very welcoming.

    It was William Edwards the cousin of Dennis.

    WSS

  • My recollection of that place was that it was in Blackwood New Jersey. Great place amazingly friendly people who all seemed like they were cast members from The Sopranos but very welcoming.

    It was William Edwards the cousin of Dennis.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    My recollection of that place was that it was in Blackwood New Jersey. Great place amazingly friendly people who all seemed like they were cast members from The Sopranos but very welcoming.

    WSS

    Blackwood?  That is further south.   I thought this was on Rt. 30 coming out of Philly...which would put it more in Cherry Hill.  Whatever...but yes...a Sopranos kind of place.   (no strippers though....it was not a Bada Bing club).

  • @westside-steve said:

    My recollection of that place was that it was in Blackwood New Jersey. Great place amazingly friendly people who all seemed like they were cast members from The Sopranos but very welcoming.

    WSS

    Blackwood?  That is further south.   I thought this was on Rt. 30 coming out of Philly...which would put it more in Cherry Hill.  Whatever...but yes...a Sopranos kind of place.   (no strippers though....it was not a Bada Bing club).

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Blackwood?  That is further south.   I thought this was on Rt. 30 coming out of Philly...which would put it more in Cherry Hill.  Whatever...but yes...a Sopranos kind of place.   (no strippers though....it was not a Bada Bing club).

    Quite possibly. I remember the name Blackwood but it could be a mistake.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Blackwood?  That is further south.   I thought this was on Rt. 30 coming out of Philly...which would put it more in Cherry Hill.  Whatever...but yes...a Sopranos kind of place.   (no strippers though....it was not a Bada Bing club).

    Quite possibly. I remember the name Blackwood but it could be a mistake.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Quite possibly. I remember the name Blackwood but it could be a mistake.

    WSS

    Well, as I said, I went back there some years later....and I am pretty sure it was on US 30.