Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    I actually have a manchurian scorpion sent to me to eat, haven't tried it yet. (it's dried)

    don't know if it's cooked yet.

    but ...cicada's might be good as a survival food. Of course, you can only use them

    once every 17 years?

    here's some recipes.

    pizza? interesting.

    https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2016/05/cicada_recipes_how_to_cook_the.html

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    They taste kind like shrimp.  I've eaten fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants.

  • They taste kind like shrimp.  I've eaten fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They taste kind like shrimp.  I've eaten fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants.

    I've eaten boiled dog. It tasted like bark.??

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Remember (I do) when mom or grandma used to put a steak in a bag and let it keep overnight in the frig ? Well this just might be it a BALSAMIC FLANK STEAK and it helped stretch the food budget -plus- it tasted pretty darn good !  If you haven't had one since mom or grandma made you one here's your chance.  This also might make a GAMEDAY  or anyday dinner.   Plus check out the links below for some other handy tips.

    SERVES  6.   CHILL  4  HOURS OR OVERNIGHT. COOK TIME. 8  MINUTES.    https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Balsamic-Flank-Steak

    Let's get back to our roots with an old steak favorite! The perfectly flavorful marriage of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard, along with a few fresh herbs and spices, makes lively marinade for our grilling favorite: Flank steak! Our Balsamic Flank Steak is a juicy, flavor-packed steak that will really shake up dinnertime. 

    What You'll Need

    • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    • 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 teaspoon sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak

    What to Do

    1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak; mix well.
    2. Score steak on both sides by making shallow diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart, creating a criss-cross pattern. Place steak in bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
    3. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
    4. Remove steak from marinade and discard excess marinade. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until center is cooked to medium.
    5. Allow steak to rest 5 minutes before slicing on an angle across the grain. Serve and enjoy.

    Check This Out!

    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

    6645798.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    crap - now I just HAVE to try that steak !

    meanwhile, a simple treat for a game - pepperoni rolls.

    Take a bag of RHODES DINNER ROLLS. Let them thaw just until you can work with them, and they are still cold and not sticking together.

    then flatten them out, add some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, wrap them back up, and bake at 350 degrees for ? minutes tile the tops turn brownish a bit.

    Add in some good root beer, and you're ready to roll for a Browns game.

  • crap - now I just HAVE to try that steak !

    meanwhile, a simple treat for a game - pepperoni rolls.

    Take a bag of RHODES DINNER ROLLS. Let them thaw just until you can work with them, and they are still cold and not sticking together.

    then flatten them out, add some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, wrap them back up, and bake at 350 degrees for ? minutes tile the tops turn brownish a bit.

    Add in some good root beer, and you're ready to roll for a Browns game.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    crap - now I just HAVE to try that steak !     😆

    meanwhile, a simple treat for a game - pepperoni rolls.  😁

    Take a bag of RHODES DINNER ROLLS. Let them thaw just until you can work with them, and they are still cold and not sticking together.

    then flatten them out, add some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, wrap them back up, and bake at 350 degrees for ? minutes tile the tops turn brownish a bit.

    Add in some good root beer, and you're ready to roll for a Browns game.

    As a general rule I'm pretty much a steak purist I like my ribeye or porterhouse or whatever with salt and pepper very occasionally take a stick of butter and when done cooking rub it on both sides and let it set a few minutes while the steak is resting......adds some additional flavor.  However this BALSAMIC FLANK STEAK is an exception it is not a super expensive steak to begin with good for a crowd or 8 of us when I was growing up the whole idea is to give it a delicious kick !

    It would also make some good steak sandwiches for the gang -or- it would make a really good steak salad hot off the grill if that's your thing.

    And pepperoni is always a great GAMEDAY treat.  Would you believe that my wife actually bought 3 frozen ? pizzas from Aldi's the other day and I had a thin crust pepperoni pizza for dinner last night. Now it sure wasn't a Wedgewood 12" pizza for $10-15 but was crisp and done in ~12 minutes.......for $2.25 !   Great for a quick meal when you don't want to fuss.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Today it's kick back at home and on the grill.  Breakfast was my nourishing yogurt, meal bar, cocoa.  Lunch will be my wife's golden brown toasted cheese sandwich dill ? pickle, olives and chips.

    Dinner is a sirloin burger on the grill with a garden ripe tomato ? and whatever fixens.    Yes eating at home has it's perks.       😁

  • I rarely do a Mr Food recipe but I just saw this one on TV now their  HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP. It would fall under the quick and easy no clean up snack.

    SERVES  12  COOK    TIME   45 Min

    Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

    What You'll Need

    • 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
    • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    • 1 cup sour cream
    • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
    • 3 scallions, sliced
    • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
    • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 tablespoons beer
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    •  
    • What to Do
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
    3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

    Serving Suggestion!

    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

    Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3215749.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I rarely do a Mr Food recipe but I just saw this one on TV now their  HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP. It would fall under the quick and easy no clean up snack.

    SERVES  12  COOK    TIME   45 Min

    Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

    What You'll Need

    • 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
    • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    • 1 cup sour cream
    • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
    • 3 scallions, sliced
    • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
    • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 tablespoons beer
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    •  
    • What to Do
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
    3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

    Serving Suggestion!

    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

    Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3215749.jpg

    Well this is from January 2020 here and I do more Mr Food recipes here now.  Why, because they are well tested recipes and pretty good !

    With Memorial Day and ? summer on the way this is a great GAMEDAY or get-together dip that I have had good reviews on.......it's delicious !  

    Bon appetit !    Dig in.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

    Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    friend of mine really likes his akorn and they do not cost to much

  • Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

    Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

    Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

    Humphrey Bogart. Always the best smoker I can remember.

    B is for Bogart | The Fluff Is Raging

  • Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

    Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

    Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

    I've read The Manual and their reviews before, good place to start.  A lot depends on your budget.

    https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/best-smoker-grill-combo/

    The 9 Best Smoker-Grill Combos to Enhance the Flavor of Your Meats This 2021

    Now that you have these smoky options, find your favorite barbecue recipes and head over to our detailed guide that covers everything you need to know about smoking meats. If you need more options, feel free to check out some of the best cheap smoker deals available in the market right now. We’ve also written a guide on where you can buy meat online.

    Don’t forget to follow these grilling safety tips once you’ve purchased your smoker-grill combo. Happy smoking!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And more from The Manual.

    Screenshot_2021-05-22_202827.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Fancy name, simple dish ....... try it.

    A simple yet classic Italian recipe for STEAK PIZZAIOLO good for a GAMEDAY  meal or sandwiches (see Notes below) or anytime you want a quick no-fuss meal.

     
    SERVES 2. COOK TIME. 20 MINUTES        https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Steak-Pizzaiola-308
     

    When you want to make a good impression, just serve up this simple, yet classic, Italian recipe for Steak Pizzaiola. Steak Pizzaiola is basically just a fancy name for steak simmered with flavorful onions, peppers, tomatoes, and simple seasonings. It's easy to put together and tasty to eat!

    What You'll Need

    • 2 boneless beef loin strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 1 inch thick
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
    • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1/2 onion, cut into half-moon slices
    • 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
    • 1 (14-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained

    What to Do

    1. Season steaks on both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 
       
    2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Brown steaks 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
       
    3. Add onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper to skillet; cook 5 minutes.
       
    4. Return steaks to skillet with vegetables, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. To serve; spoon sauce and vegetables onto a plate and top with sliced steak. 
       

    Notes

    For great steak sandwiches, thinly slice the steaks and serve on sandwich rolls with the vegetables and sauce.

    Up Next:

    Steak-Pizzaiola_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2525202.jpg

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    Grilling season arrives... FWIW, this is about as high end as you're ever going to see with domestic top prime, it was calling to me- couldn't resist... It was quite yummy....  5 minutes at 620F on my Weber....  

    EwwU7z2J58NgX4fFoJ31_ZWvsuC350h7JB_n1ljF8OgI6EgKehuj5nKn-pZY55PCIiCfF1js47vDSvL-kTrVN67YmSZxPCMAQvTUUz-DjCqxHfQ_-IDSfNHPaUtxKXP83arTApygU-RZ6mtzI8tvmh9DBX_biGBli1tr8NsxEDJACbNLxdcuqN11iUUojBPY6s1oTGgBi9MhrsmKkoDv5S8VjGsSRXwcr__QziLFA7bCvXrbdyHOuUfmOrTuiXKulFo1UC7rnWcP32fIxtx2hu_2NIZcVl6PG84IXlpIuBLid3fya60mIu1sYtc1UkqEDmd3jxfObuF2sXvQx4-BkUTv6DtjVRVM508hn3_uoCy_SjXriQr-6H4Iag4hK5m49WyPURobhoijV-LkbZSBJI8EuP5jsfo5PY7D7-YRqWXge9V0ZqkH0xPGdT-jEIyB0et-mk56w8VD1B83s0HVOr7P8xddiQG1Pq7kItLckF0ETbOS4-tDzMR4_xaTTzCULrb1OUSfmxGLt3gKn61P3EP965RnljCUmfE_7hC7-blFQRBpwEHeEuTbx7_MiI0ZxR73Fqt2vH2gYNjZA8r-ZLIr0T1_wQwXCsklxYcgW7PYGBpWyAvyCTHXAuQpj1vf0hK3nEQBSgV75k5f_BWXTBRow71xy_6B_vhfiibswmCXuMOj1xB_EZBCNXStYuHXb4HftNhG7Sa5fQihYXkCDIg=w1023-h767-no?authuser=0

    KAPfc2nrutvCjf8jFyeGQdYLrEggEJ7f3NrzO5VlRUpXxP9YdJ88GkM7O4yHt4DiJ9hW8OTbQg6nz0_ejbPjvLkGOUBcvy6MERTBAKtBpHesgKV4tyQcBTJ4fbss8dR2hpiGG-b7ifl6GeW34z-n66Q7SkNL63esl6CFaD7ELlLKdYFcB9fCkolOuBNFoHV1GXx3foxZo_fycdj6vlOXIjo7IhLMgd8AYtjaZW_Iut8VieIoMI2rZ8b6g8UojgTXOA-_MuGp1zMf_KpwBuLFddyuPP38jOm4ISZYT4FPTwf51sedyaqhYa4qLQ1-QjGEUAk16rKbR1Fy7PRrdMXqd1gr1QK9sfesTEMzSLgy6ZTUi1ss-2zM-VyR_9bshk7Rvz3fUNf4C55Dd9W4vRFYQaXohhfQEF2_EW99ITt2ZZfS_qtMR_io4Irh-GfFn9uLhbW4j7mgDKgxD9bXGgcpGUBeJYDfz9qSz4lii7mrqboOdYQJ069tQ70w6O1czJycdn2lFjfuap2Ex-So7t57GIkz3X5JV6gQoQXdCdjxSVZzDEggaL77J2eikSnZD12u8fELrH2An_d1HNO9s4B8Ap7cDCbQff2xuBWfey9QdyBxMH94p4AWunQsilYGb4_ySEk2ofMioKczX-aDoYU9oC1h3XSA4cTpZjuwsO-ANPHoSEefXjqaeSoC_E2BjISZZdHJTR8Lt7-OxLSCNCdzZYk=w1023-h767-no?authuser=0

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

  • I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

  • @hoorta said:

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

  • @hoorta said:

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

    Why else would I like to see the Longhorns lose? Grillin', grillin', grillin'....... keep those doggies grillin'!!?