Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.8k 2
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Fancy name, simple dish ....... try it.

    A simple yet classic Italian recipe for STEAK PIZZAIOLO good for a GAMEDAY  meal or sandwiches (see Notes below) or anytime you want a quick no-fuss meal.

     
    SERVES 2. COOK TIME. 20 MINUTES        https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Steak-Pizzaiola-308
     

    When you want to make a good impression, just serve up this simple, yet classic, Italian recipe for Steak Pizzaiola. Steak Pizzaiola is basically just a fancy name for steak simmered with flavorful onions, peppers, tomatoes, and simple seasonings. It's easy to put together and tasty to eat!

    What You'll Need

    • 2 boneless beef loin strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 1 inch thick
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
    • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1/2 onion, cut into half-moon slices
    • 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
    • 1 (14-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained

    What to Do

    1. Season steaks on both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 
       
    2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Brown steaks 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
       
    3. Add onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper to skillet; cook 5 minutes.
       
    4. Return steaks to skillet with vegetables, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. To serve; spoon sauce and vegetables onto a plate and top with sliced steak. 
       

    Notes

    For great steak sandwiches, thinly slice the steaks and serve on sandwich rolls with the vegetables and sauce.

    Up Next:

    Steak-Pizzaiola_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2525202.jpg

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    Grilling season arrives... FWIW, this is about as high end as you're ever going to see with domestic top prime, it was calling to me- couldn't resist... It was quite yummy....  5 minutes at 620F on my Weber....  

    EwwU7z2J58NgX4fFoJ31_ZWvsuC350h7JB_n1ljF8OgI6EgKehuj5nKn-pZY55PCIiCfF1js47vDSvL-kTrVN67YmSZxPCMAQvTUUz-DjCqxHfQ_-IDSfNHPaUtxKXP83arTApygU-RZ6mtzI8tvmh9DBX_biGBli1tr8NsxEDJACbNLxdcuqN11iUUojBPY6s1oTGgBi9MhrsmKkoDv5S8VjGsSRXwcr__QziLFA7bCvXrbdyHOuUfmOrTuiXKulFo1UC7rnWcP32fIxtx2hu_2NIZcVl6PG84IXlpIuBLid3fya60mIu1sYtc1UkqEDmd3jxfObuF2sXvQx4-BkUTv6DtjVRVM508hn3_uoCy_SjXriQr-6H4Iag4hK5m49WyPURobhoijV-LkbZSBJI8EuP5jsfo5PY7D7-YRqWXge9V0ZqkH0xPGdT-jEIyB0et-mk56w8VD1B83s0HVOr7P8xddiQG1Pq7kItLckF0ETbOS4-tDzMR4_xaTTzCULrb1OUSfmxGLt3gKn61P3EP965RnljCUmfE_7hC7-blFQRBpwEHeEuTbx7_MiI0ZxR73Fqt2vH2gYNjZA8r-ZLIr0T1_wQwXCsklxYcgW7PYGBpWyAvyCTHXAuQpj1vf0hK3nEQBSgV75k5f_BWXTBRow71xy_6B_vhfiibswmCXuMOj1xB_EZBCNXStYuHXb4HftNhG7Sa5fQihYXkCDIg=w1023-h767-no?authuser=0

    KAPfc2nrutvCjf8jFyeGQdYLrEggEJ7f3NrzO5VlRUpXxP9YdJ88GkM7O4yHt4DiJ9hW8OTbQg6nz0_ejbPjvLkGOUBcvy6MERTBAKtBpHesgKV4tyQcBTJ4fbss8dR2hpiGG-b7ifl6GeW34z-n66Q7SkNL63esl6CFaD7ELlLKdYFcB9fCkolOuBNFoHV1GXx3foxZo_fycdj6vlOXIjo7IhLMgd8AYtjaZW_Iut8VieIoMI2rZ8b6g8UojgTXOA-_MuGp1zMf_KpwBuLFddyuPP38jOm4ISZYT4FPTwf51sedyaqhYa4qLQ1-QjGEUAk16rKbR1Fy7PRrdMXqd1gr1QK9sfesTEMzSLgy6ZTUi1ss-2zM-VyR_9bshk7Rvz3fUNf4C55Dd9W4vRFYQaXohhfQEF2_EW99ITt2ZZfS_qtMR_io4Irh-GfFn9uLhbW4j7mgDKgxD9bXGgcpGUBeJYDfz9qSz4lii7mrqboOdYQJ069tQ70w6O1czJycdn2lFjfuap2Ex-So7t57GIkz3X5JV6gQoQXdCdjxSVZzDEggaL77J2eikSnZD12u8fELrH2An_d1HNO9s4B8Ap7cDCbQff2xuBWfey9QdyBxMH94p4AWunQsilYGb4_ySEk2ofMioKczX-aDoYU9oC1h3XSA4cTpZjuwsO-ANPHoSEefXjqaeSoC_E2BjISZZdHJTR8Lt7-OxLSCNCdzZYk=w1023-h767-no?authuser=0

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

  • I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

  • @hoorta said:

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

  • @hoorta said:

    I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. ?

    Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

    Why else would I like to see the Longhorns lose? Grillin', grillin', grillin'....... keep those doggies grillin'!!?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    Would you pay ~$100 for an 8 oz W5 steak or ~$116 for an 8 oz filet....... interesting question.

    Screenshot_2021-05-25_131953.jpg

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    ?

  • @mjp28 said:

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    ?

    It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

    ....... edit or A5 just to compare numbers.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    ?

    It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

    ....... edit or A5 just to compare numbers.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

    @mjp28 said:

    It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

    Burgers weren't that expensive.

  • @mjp28 said:

    It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

    @mjp28 said:

    It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

    Burgers weren't that expensive.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Burgers weren't that expensive.

    Here's an 8 oz. Waygu A5 strip steak for $99.00.  Now the burger meat naturally would probably be less but if it grades out the same not cheap at all.

    Now I'd have to see the receipts but I'd guess at least $50 a pound if not more.  Where's hoorta he would have a better handle on this stuff.

    Screenshot_2021-05-25_220249.jpg

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

      6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

    I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

    Somehow this got attributed to me when it was hoorta's statement. I'm the rustler.?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    https://double8cattle.com/collections/wagyu-ground-beef/products/fullblood-wagyu-ground-beef-patties

    Well at least that is in the somewhat better range especially on sale.  I might check it out.  Four big half pounders for $5+ each definitely GAMEDAY special grillin'  stuff.

    Fullblood Wagyu Beef Burger Patties

    $21.00 $28.00

    - Each package contains 4 Wagyu beef patties
    - 8oz patties = 2 LBS per 4 pack
    - 6oz patties = 1.5 LBS per 4 pack
    - 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio

    And if you're into bity burgers.

    Screenshot_2021-05-26_104931.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    This is pretty much how to cook burgers whether they are Waygu or something from your local grocery store.  Man I could go for really good burger about now !  😛

    From the Waygu ? burger information sheet.

    Screenshot_2021-05-26_110255.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Cookout anyone ?        Edit add,  I checked this out, from Mineral Ridge Ohio.  Not bad prices.

    Screenshot_2021-05-31_122125.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-05-31_221858.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Screenshot_2021-05-31_221806.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-05-31_221610.jpg

    Screenshot_2021-05-31_221556.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I came across this article from our local Giant Eagle on how to make a better GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH  something good for GAMEDAY or any time you want a easy and delicious snack.

    5 Ways to Take Your Grilled Cheese Sandwich to the Next Level.   

    Variations of bread-plus-cheese have been eaten for centuries, but the closest relative to the sandwich we know and love today started gaining popularity in the 1920s when pasteurized cheese was invented as a way to keep cheese from spoiling. With fresh, accessible cheese now available all across the country, people began enjoying open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches, until eventually it became common to add a second slice of bread on top for an easily grabbable, more substantial meal.


    Today, the grilled cheese sandwich is enjoyed all over the country, with gourmet variations popping up at even the fanciest of eateries. To get your sandwiches on par with best, here are five ways to up your grilled cheese game.

    1. Mayonnaise v. Butter

    Some people swear by a good, salted butter to lubricate their sandwich, but if you want a slightly different take, slather a thin layer of mayonnaise on both outside parts of your bread. This will create a crispy crust that is perfect for sealing in all the delicious flavors of your sandwich. If you just can’t quit butter, try a flavored variety like truffle or garlic for a fun and tasty twist.

    2. Toast The Inside Parts Of Your Bread

    Getting that perfect level of toastiness on the outside of your grilled cheese is key, but you can bring your sandwich to an even higher level of perfection by toasting the sides of your bread where the cheese goes before you put the cheese on. This ensures your sandwich will be crunchy all the way around.

    3. Low & Slow

    Start cooking your grilled cheese on low to medium heat for a sandwich that is the perfect level of melted crispiness. Cooking your sandwich too hot could result in a crispy outside, but a barely melted center.

    4. Experiment With Different Bread/Cheese Options

    Everyone loves a classic white bread and American cheese combo, but if you want to play with the big boys of the grilled cheese world, think outside of the bread box. We recommend goat cheese and walnut bread, or fontina on a good hearty multigrain.

    5. Add Bacon

    There are tons of ingredients you can add into your grilled cheese sandwich to take it up a notch; tomatoes, deli meats, crab, grilled onions, and olives, just to name a few, but our favorite all-time grilled cheese addition has got to be bacon. Add in some crumbles to your cheese as it melts or just stick a thick slice right on top for the ultimate crowd pleaser.

    Celebrate Grilled Cheese!

    The good news is, it’s incredibly hard to mess up a grilled cheese. No matter how you choose to celebrate grilled cheese, be sure to try one, or more, or all of these tips and tricks for a grilled cheese you and your whole family will love.

    maxresdefault-1.jpg