• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
I had the burgers. Best I've ever had.
I had the burgers. Best I've ever had.
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
-
I had the burgers. Best I've ever had.
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
Would you pay ~$100 for an 8 oz W5 steak or ~$116 for an 8 oz filet....... interesting question.
-
I had the burgers. Best I've ever had.
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
?
-
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
?
?
It got flipped on me. But the message is clear W5 costs money.
....... edit or A5 just to compare numbers.
-
?
It got flipped on me. But the message is clear W5 costs money.
....... edit or A5 just to compare numbers.
-
Burgers weren't that expensive.
Here's an 8 oz. Waygu A5 strip steak for $99.00. Now the burger meat naturally would probably be less but if it grades out the same not cheap at all.
Now I'd have to see the receipts but I'd guess at least $50 a pound if not more. Where's hoorta he would have a better handle on this stuff.
-
-
I had the burgers. Best I've ever had.
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/
Somehow this got attributed to me when it was hoorta's statement. I'm the rustler.?
-
https://double8cattle.com/collections/wagyu-ground-beef/products/fullblood-wagyu-ground-beef-patties
Well at least that is in the somewhat better range especially on sale. I might check it out. Four big half pounders for $5+ each definitely GAMEDAY special grillin' stuff.
Fullblood Wagyu Beef Burger Patties
$21.00 $28.00
- Each package contains 4 Wagyu beef patties
- 8oz patties = 2 LBS per 4 pack
- 6oz patties = 1.5 LBS per 4 pack
- 80/20 lean-to-fat ratioAnd if you're into bity burgers.
-
-
-
-
I came across this article from our local Giant Eagle on how to make a better GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH something good for GAMEDAY or any time you want a easy and delicious snack.
5 Ways to Take Your Grilled Cheese Sandwich to the Next Level.
Variations of bread-plus-cheese have been eaten for centuries, but the closest relative to the sandwich we know and love today started gaining popularity in the 1920s when pasteurized cheese was invented as a way to keep cheese from spoiling. With fresh, accessible cheese now available all across the country, people began enjoying open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches, until eventually it became common to add a second slice of bread on top for an easily grabbable, more substantial meal.
Today, the grilled cheese sandwich is enjoyed all over the country, with gourmet variations popping up at even the fanciest of eateries. To get your sandwiches on par with best, here are five ways to up your grilled cheese game.1. Mayonnaise v. Butter
Some people swear by a good, salted butter to lubricate their sandwich, but if you want a slightly different take, slather a thin layer of mayonnaise on both outside parts of your bread. This will create a crispy crust that is perfect for sealing in all the delicious flavors of your sandwich. If you just can’t quit butter, try a flavored variety like truffle or garlic for a fun and tasty twist.
2. Toast The Inside Parts Of Your Bread
Getting that perfect level of toastiness on the outside of your grilled cheese is key, but you can bring your sandwich to an even higher level of perfection by toasting the sides of your bread where the cheese goes before you put the cheese on. This ensures your sandwich will be crunchy all the way around.
3. Low & Slow
Start cooking your grilled cheese on low to medium heat for a sandwich that is the perfect level of melted crispiness. Cooking your sandwich too hot could result in a crispy outside, but a barely melted center.
4. Experiment With Different Bread/Cheese Options
Everyone loves a classic white bread and American cheese combo, but if you want to play with the big boys of the grilled cheese world, think outside of the bread box. We recommend goat cheese and walnut bread, or fontina on a good hearty multigrain.
5. Add Bacon
There are tons of ingredients you can add into your grilled cheese sandwich to take it up a notch; tomatoes, deli meats, crab, grilled onions, and olives, just to name a few, but our favorite all-time grilled cheese addition has got to be bacon. Add in some crumbles to your cheese as it melts or just stick a thick slice right on top for the ultimate crowd pleaser.
Celebrate Grilled Cheese!
The good news is, it’s incredibly hard to mess up a grilled cheese. No matter how you choose to celebrate grilled cheese, be sure to try one, or more, or all of these tips and tricks for a grilled cheese you and your whole family will love.
-
-
I asked about this on another thread. Here is what I found:
Donair
- 36 Ratings
- 31 Reviews
- 3 Photos
Donairs are a delicacy prevalent in the Canadian east coast, and certainly centered on the City of Halifax, they are very simple to prepare and very delicious. Make a double batch of the meatloaf, and freeze the second loaf for later, in fact the second loaf will be better! When cold you can slice it thinner and fry up the slices in the frying pan as you need them.
Recipe Summary
Prep:20 minsCook:3 hrs 50 minsTotal:4 hrs 10 minsServings:6Yield:6 servingsIngredient ChecklistIngredients
Decrease ServingAdjust6Increase ServingOriginal recipe yields 6 servings-
1 ½ pounds ground beef

-
⅓ cup bread crumbs
-
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Optional)
-
1 ½ teaspoons paprika
-
1 teaspoon onion powder
-
1 teaspoon garlic powder
-
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-
½ teaspoon salt
-
⅔ cup nonfat evaporated milk
-
⅔ cup sugar
-
⅓ cup vinegar
-
6 pita bread rounds
-
3 tomatoes, chopped

- 1 large onion, chopped
-
One of my favorites SENSATIONAL SPRING ROLLS quick and easy at only 12 minutes cook time. Great for GAMEDAY or any get-together. And see the link below for chicken egg rolls.
SERVES 6 COOK TIME. 12 MINUTES. https://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Spring-Rolls-419If you love ordering spring rolls from Chinese takeout restaurants, then this is the recipe for you! Our spring rolls are easy to make and taste amazing. They're filled with a flavorful veggie mixture and fried until golden and crispy. They make a great appetizer or can be served right alongside some fried rice and your favorite takeout main dish!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 12 spring roll or egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
What to Do
-
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
-
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, and scallions; mix well. Pour soy sauce mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat well and let stand 10 minutes. Place cabbage mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain well.
-
Spoon about 1/4 cup cabbage mixture evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Lightly brush edges of egg roll wrapper with beaten egg. Fold one corner of each egg roll wrapper up over cabbage mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion; roll up tightly.
- Heat about 1-1/2 inches oil in a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add spring rolls in batches and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately, but be sure to use caution -- the filling will be hot.
Notes
-
To serve these like they do in Chinese restaurants, don't forget the dipping sauce! A couple of our favorite dipping sauces are duck sauce and spicy mustard.
- Did You Know?: In China, spring rolls are traditionally eaten during the Chinese New Year as a way to welcome in the spring. They're also said to represent wealth (because of their golden color). Spring rolls can vary in size, filling, and cooking method (some are fried, while others are steamed), from region to region. In the U.S., spring rolls and egg rolls are pretty similar, with the main difference being the filling. While both contain veggies, egg rolls typically include some kind of meat, chicken, or fish too.
Up Next:
-
mjp: You haven't answered the question about the Donair. Is that something you have ever had?
-
mjp: You haven't answered the question about the Donair. Is that something you have ever had?
mjp: You haven't answered the question about the Donair. Is that something you have ever had?
I had to ask my wife on this one to be sure her grandmother on her mother's side used to make a meatloaf and fry them up and called them "old fashioned hamburgers" she said that they were really good. I'm not sure on the pita but the tomato ? would be a good touch. Do not remember the name Donair.
My grandmother used to make her "steakburger" which was a really good burger and among other things her secret ingredient was Worcester Sauce. I was young then. Also I never saw her use a recipe card she was the best ! Memories.
-
mjp: You haven't answered the question about the Donair. Is that something you have ever had?
I had to ask my wife on this one to be sure her grandmother on her mother's side used to make a meatloaf and fry them up and called them "old fashioned hamburgers" she said that they were really good. I'm not sure on the pita but the tomato ? would be a good touch. Do not remember the name Donair.
My grandmother used to make her "steakburger" which was a really good burger and among other things her secret ingredient was Worcester Sauce. I was young then. Also I never saw her use a recipe card she was the best ! Memories.
I had to ask my wife on this one to be sure her grandmother on her mother's side used to make a meatloaf and fry them up and called them an "old fashioned hamburgers" she said that they were really good. I'm not sure on the pita but the tomato ? would be a good touch. Do not remember the name Donair.
My grandmother used to make her "steakburger" which was a really good burger and among other things her secret ingredient was Worcester Sauce. I was young then. Also I never saw her use a recipe card she was the best ! Memories.
It is a dish that is apparently endemic to Halifax
-
Don't know what to have next how about PEPPERONI PIE SQUARES, a cross between a casserole and a pepperoni pizza. Great for a GAMEDAY or a quick dinner.
of
SERVES 8. COOK TIME. 25. MINUTES. https://www.mrfood.com/Pizza/Pepperoni-Pie-Squares
Change up your dinner routine with this recipe that's a cross between an ooey-gooey casserole and the best pepperoni pizza you've ever had. It'll only take you about 30 minutes to get these Pepperoni Pie Squares on the dinner table. (Be prepared to be asked for second helpings!)
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound Muenster cheese, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- pizza sauce for dipping (see Notes below)
What to Do
-
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
-
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well then pour into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is golden; cool slightly then cut into squares. Serve immediately.
Notes
-
How about serving this with a side of pizza sauce for dipping and dunking?
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

️??
Sweet Spice Girls! We've made it to page 76 !





