Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • I love Olives... I hate seafood or anything that swims in the water... However... I love NE clam chowder... I absolutely can't stand Guac! ???? Or Avacado for that matter.. And Cilantro makes me GAG!!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I love Olives... I hate seafood or anything that swims in the water... However... I love NE clam chowder... I absolutely can't stand Guac! ???? Or Avacado for that matter.. And Cilantro makes me GAG!!

    It took me a LONG to find another soul mate in the food department.. then Nickers came along.  Yup, my #1 rule is if it came out of the water, I don't eat it...  Cows wading in a pond get a pass.  😁 

    Being a saltaholic I LOVE green olives, could eat a jar of them... But leave those nasty pimentos out... Whoever thought that improved their taste should be shot.  Blue cheese stuffing acceptable. To Cal's dismay- nothing improves the taste of gin like olives.  Give me a filthy Martini with 3:2 gin and olive juice.  Black olives are OK.   

    Ditto the no guac for me too...  But I don't have a problem with cilantro.    

  • @nickers said:

    I love Olives... I hate seafood or anything that swims in the water... However... I love NE clam chowder... I absolutely can't stand Guac! ???? Or Avacado for that matter.. And Cilantro makes me GAG!!

    It took me a LONG to find another soul mate in the food department.. then Nickers came along.  Yup, my #1 rule is if it came out of the water, I don't eat it...  Cows wading in a pond get a pass.  😁 

    Being a saltaholic I LOVE green olives, could eat a jar of them... But leave those nasty pimentos out... Whoever thought that improved their taste should be shot.  Blue cheese stuffing acceptable. To Cal's dismay- nothing improves the taste of gin like olives.  Give me a filthy Martini with 3:2 gin and olive juice.  Black olives are OK.   

    Ditto the no guac for me too...  But I don't have a problem with cilantro.    

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @hoorta said:

    It took me a LONG to find another soul mate in the food department.. then Nickers came along.  Yup, my #1 rule is if it came out of the water, I don't eat it...  Cows wading in a pond get a pass.  😁 .    

    Well I'm not taking either of you two to my "secret" source of crawfish in Colorado of all places. In August they come upstream out of a reservior to go spawn at night. You take a strong flashlight or lantern and pick them right out of the shallow stream, de-tail 'em and quick char them on a grill. Use melted butter to soak them in and there you have what I fooled a friend into thinking were grilled baby lobster tails. Only way I could get that Bostonite to give crawfish tails a try. He loved them even after I clued him in to what they really were.

    And give me a blacked or butter broiled redfish or flounder over a thick steak any day of the week. Nothin' better IMHungryO.?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    It just goes to show you there is almost nothing more selective on this earth than food.......but don't be afraid to try something new once in awhile. 

    Nice too to hear your views on your most and least favorite food dishes.    I pretty much like to eat anything that won't eat me first.

    Keep your favorite recipes coming    ◆ GAMEDAY ◆     or just family favorites.   Both college and professional football will be here in August/ September  but grilling season is nearly all year long. 

    Reminds me we haven't seen any of jcam's amazing   😎   grilling and other delicious looking shots lately. 

    GO BROWNS and BUCKEYES  !  .  Ahhhh yes my favorite season    ?     football season  !  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Here's a refreshing next pizza to try.

    Want something deliciously different how about a  ◆  RUSTIC VEGGIE (PIZZA) PIE   ◆.  Great for the next  GAMEDAY  or any get-together or family meal but you might want to make two.  And  check  ✔  out the notes below. 

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2


    SERVES. 4.     COOK TIME   35  MINUTES      

    Fresh veggies and crumbly cheese come together to form this simple and delicious Rustic Veggie Pie. Serve it as a side dish, appetizer, or even a tasty dinner pizza; either way it'll be a hit with the gang!

    ✔    What You'll Need

    • 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
    • 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing, divided
    • 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
    • 1/4 cup slivered red onion
    • 3 cups fresh spinach
    • 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
    • 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
    • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

    ✔    What to Do

    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place on a pizza pan; set aside.
    2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing; saute green pepper and onion 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add spinach, tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup feta cheese, black pepper, and remaining Caesar dressing; toss until evenly coated.
    3. Spoon vegetable mixture onto pie crust, leaving a 1-1/2-inch border. Fold the edges of the pie crust toward the center, overlapping slightly and covering about 1-inch of vegetable mixture. Top with remaining feta cheese.
    4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.

    ✔    Notes

    Making your own pizza is fun and the results are yummy! Here's a variation that your gang is sure to enjoy!  

    Rustic-Veggie-Pie_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1209455-1.jpg

  • Here's a refreshing next pizza to try.

    Want something deliciously different how about a  ◆  RUSTIC VEGGIE (PIZZA) PIE   ◆.  Great for the next  GAMEDAY  or any get-together or family meal but you might want to make two.  And  check  ✔  out the notes below. 

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2


    SERVES. 4.     COOK TIME   35  MINUTES      

    Fresh veggies and crumbly cheese come together to form this simple and delicious Rustic Veggie Pie. Serve it as a side dish, appetizer, or even a tasty dinner pizza; either way it'll be a hit with the gang!

    ✔    What You'll Need

    • 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
    • 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing, divided
    • 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
    • 1/4 cup slivered red onion
    • 3 cups fresh spinach
    • 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
    • 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
    • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

    ✔    What to Do

    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place on a pizza pan; set aside.
    2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing; saute green pepper and onion 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add spinach, tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup feta cheese, black pepper, and remaining Caesar dressing; toss until evenly coated.
    3. Spoon vegetable mixture onto pie crust, leaving a 1-1/2-inch border. Fold the edges of the pie crust toward the center, overlapping slightly and covering about 1-inch of vegetable mixture. Top with remaining feta cheese.
    4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.

    ✔    Notes

    Making your own pizza is fun and the results are yummy! Here's a variation that your gang is sure to enjoy!  

    Rustic-Veggie-Pie_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1209455-1.jpg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @mjp28 said:

    Here's a refreshing next pizza to try.

    Want something deliciously different how about a  ◆  RUSTIC VEGGIE (PIZZA) PIE   ◆.  Great for the next  GAMEDAY  or any get-together or family meal but you might want to make two.  And  check  ✔  out the notes below. 

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2


    SERVES. 4.     COOK TIME   35  MINUTES      

    Fresh veggies and crumbly cheese come together to form this simple and delicious Rustic Veggie Pie. Serve it as a side dish, appetizer, or even a tasty dinner pizza; either way it'll be a hit with the gang!

    ✔    What You'll Need

    • 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
    • 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing, divided
    • 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
    • 1/4 cup slivered red onion
    • 3 cups fresh spinach
    • 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
    • 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
    • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

    ✔    What to Do

    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place on a pizza pan; set aside.
    2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing; saute green pepper and onion 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add spinach, tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup feta cheese, black pepper, and remaining Caesar dressing; toss until evenly coated.
    3. Remove the olives and give them to the dog.

    ✔    Notes

    Making your own pizza is fun and the results are yummy! Here's a variation that your gang is sure to enjoy!  

    FIFY.?

  • @nickers said:

    I love Olives... I hate seafood or anything that swims in the water... However... I love NE clam chowder... I absolutely can't stand Guac! ???? Or Avacado for that matter.. And Cilantro makes me GAG!!

    Green and black olives straight were two of my gag reflex foods as a kid, the other being cold canned asparagus?. But the one year I lived in Caracas we had several year round avocado bearing trees and we used a long pole with an open ended tin can to fit over them up in the tree. If they rattled off with a gentle rattle, they were perfect for eating. We had them every day in so many different ways I lost track. Nothing like a half avocado with French Dressing in the hole where the seed resided. Just use a decent sized spoon to dig some out along with the dressing for a good side snack with dinner. Our local grocer makes a really great guacamole dip too.   YUM!!!?

    EDIT: Seafood? Baked in butter, broiled, blackened, etc.  is great with the only exception being catfish that tastes just like the bottom dweller that it is. I can eat a pound or more of shrimp any ole way you want to give it to me. Fried crawfish tails are great too.?

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    only exception being catfish that tastes just like the bottom dweller that it is

    SOUTHERN FRIED CATFISH RECIPE (ghazalimaroc.blogspot.com)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    only exception being catfish that tastes just like the bottom dweller that it is

    SOUTHERN FRIED CATFISH RECIPE (ghazalimaroc.blogspot.com)

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    SOUTHERN FRIED CATFISH RECIPE (ghazalimaroc.blogspot.com)

    • Fry the catfish for 3-5 mins per side (or total if deep frying) or until it’s as crispy as desired
    • Drain on paper towels
    • Enjoy tossing the whole thing in the trash and head out to Long John Silvers instead.?
  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    You sound like a Yankee.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I've generally found when it comes to catfish  :

    A.  You love it.  🙂

    B.  You hate it.   🙁

    And not much in between.   Agree ?  

  • You sound like a Yankee.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    You sound like a Yankee.

    Been livin' with a damn R.I. Yankee so long I'm starting to order steak and lobsta!?

  • S southern wrote on last edited by

    my fav gametime eats a mushroom/swiss burger. what's your fav burger? (yes I stole the pic      )                                                 

    6,220 Mushroom Burger Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I love olives - unless they are ripe (*I call those "rotten")..... outside of deep fried bluegill fillets, or ribs and how we like our baked beans..... I still love the old sage sausage, green tomatoes, and sweet banana peppers (one small medium hot), well sauteed that makes an awesome sub.

    but hamburgers and hotdogs with my homemade vidalia onion relish - that is a treat. This fall, for Ohio State games, of course....

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Today we're having cheeseburgers on the grill with all of the fixens during the Guardians Game 1 of 2.  Yes a DH on the 4th of July.   Game 1 of 2 starts at 1:10 pm.   Game 2 is at 6:40 pm from Detroit.

    .........★ update on food..... 1.   My wife is making homemade potato salad, it is chilling in the frig. Ummm.  🙂

    2. She's cooking her special homemade baked beans now. Ummm-ummm. 

    3.  She's working on the fixens.  I had oranges ? and delicious red grapes for breakfast.  So delicious. 

    4. We're having apple ?  pie and with vanilla ice cream for dessert later.

    ☆ ★  Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone.  ★ ☆       😁 

    Just the wife and I this year plus a few neighbors that may stop by.  Enjoy yourself this holiday.  

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Smoked Tri Tip.

    Need to trim up the Tri tip. I leave a little fat though. 

    Start with a good Brown Sugar Rub (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Brown Sugar).  I add a little ground dark roast coffee.

    Slow and Low with Cherry and Hickory wood chips.  225 degrees.  This is a quick burn.  

    3A196CBF-D3A5-4185-92E7-9C7C02708E08.jpeg

    E22504DD-C815-4FDF-9F29-554A64BD6EAD.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS  and BROWNS fans,

    Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about  ❤️  12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love  ❤️  every year somewhat depending on availability.  She also propagates,  uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.

    Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs  to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers.    -but-    our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them    -and-   she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits,  deer and others  hate  most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection.  We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill. 

    SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden.  She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.

    And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought  plus  we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags.  We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors  for free.   Here's this week's picture  bon appetit  on chicken,  turkey,  soups, stews, casseroles and more.  😁

    20220706_195525.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And before any of you wise guys ask NO we did NOT have any money crops.   😆

  • Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS  and BROWNS fans,

    Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about  ❤️  12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love  ❤️  every year somewhat depending on availability.  She also propagates,  uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.

    Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs  to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers.    -but-    our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them    -and-   she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits,  deer and others  hate  most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection.  We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill. 

    SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden.  She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.

    And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought  plus  we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags.  We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors  for free.   Here's this week's picture  bon appetit  on chicken,  turkey,  soups, stews, casseroles and more.  😁

    20220706_195525.jpeg

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS  and BROWNS fans,

    Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about  ❤️  12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love  ❤️  every year somewhat depending on availability.  She also propagates,  uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.

    Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs  to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers.    -but-    our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them    -and-   she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits,  deer and others  hate  most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection.  We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill. 

    SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden.  She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.

    And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought  plus  we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags.  We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors  for free.   Here's this week's picture  bon appetit  on chicken,  turkey,  soups, stews, casseroles and more.  😁

    20220706_195525.jpeg

    The Basil looks great.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS  and BROWNS fans,

    Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about  ❤️  12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love  ❤️  every year somewhat depending on availability.  She also propagates,  uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.

    Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs  to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers.    -but-    our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them    -and-   she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits,  deer and others  hate  most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection.  We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill. 

    SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden.  She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.

    And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought  plus  we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags.  We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors  for free.   Here's this week's picture  bon appetit  on chicken,  turkey,  soups, stews, casseroles and more.  😁

    20220706_195525.jpeg

    The Basil looks great.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Basil looks great.

    Oh yes.      We've got 12 different varieties of herbs right now with different basils, thymes and others.  She also propagates  and some herbs last several years so it varies some year to year.  Not all are in that picture. 

    She's been doing it for a long time and has that green thumb just like her late father Lou.   

    I grew up in a gardening family,  about 5 acres at the old homestead  of about everything including a nice barn.  A fun hobby. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ♠︎  Today's  dinner  menu.  ♠︎

    Country Pork ribs in sauerkraut,  parsley buttered potatoes.   And naturally our fresh herbs just cut now for both.  And the cook has taste tested everything,  I'm watching the Guardians (up 10-0)   and eating at 7 pm.

    We have 2 varieties of parsley this year (some years three),  flat leaf and curly, both look so good.

    The rest is just whatever appetizers and side dishes you want.  I know we have black olives, maybe artichokes  (go together).   We're having spinach for a vegetable. 

    And dessert maybe ice cream or I love ❤️  Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.

    And I guarantee  leftovers for Sunday.   Cook once, eat twice !    

    Bon Appétit.      😁

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Got me an individual sized anchovy pizza from Poppy's in Estes Park last night and eating the 2nd half tonight. Love anchovy pizza and I don't have to worry about someone stealing my leftovers.?