• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
You sound like a Yankee.
-
-
You sound like a Yankee.
You sound like a Yankee.
Been livin' with a damn R.I. Yankee so long I'm starting to order steak and lobsta!?
-
my fav gametime eats a mushroom/swiss burger. what's your fav burger? (yes I stole the pic )
-
I love olives - unless they are ripe (*I call those "rotten")..... outside of deep fried bluegill fillets, or ribs and how we like our baked beans..... I still love the old sage sausage, green tomatoes, and sweet banana peppers (one small medium hot), well sauteed that makes an awesome sub.
but hamburgers and hotdogs with my homemade vidalia onion relish - that is a treat. This fall, for Ohio State games, of course....
-
Today we're having cheeseburgers on the grill with all of the fixens during the Guardians Game 1 of 2. Yes a DH on the 4th of July. Game 1 of 2 starts at 1:10 pm. Game 2 is at 6:40 pm from Detroit.
.........★ update on food..... 1. My wife is making homemade potato salad, it is chilling in the frig. Ummm.

2. She's cooking her special homemade baked beans now. Ummm-ummm.
3. She's working on the fixens. I had oranges ? and delicious red grapes for breakfast. So delicious.
4. We're having apple ? pie and with vanilla ice cream for dessert later.
☆ ★ Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone. ★ ☆
Just the wife and I this year plus a few neighbors that may stop by. Enjoy yourself this holiday.
-
Smoked Tri Tip.
Need to trim up the Tri tip. I leave a little fat though.
Start with a good Brown Sugar Rub (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Brown Sugar). I add a little ground dark roast coffee.
Slow and Low with Cherry and Hickory wood chips. 225 degrees. This is a quick burn.
-
Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS and BROWNS fans,
Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about
12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love
every year somewhat depending on availability. She also propagates, uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.
Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers. -but- our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them -and- she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits, deer and others hate most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection. We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill.
SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden. She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.
And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought plus we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags. We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors for free. Here's this week's picture bon appetit on chicken, turkey, soups, stews, casseroles and more.

-
-
Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS and BROWNS fans,
Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about
12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love
every year somewhat depending on availability. She also propagates, uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.
Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers. -but- our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them -and- she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits, deer and others hate most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection. We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill.
SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden. She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.
And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought plus we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags. We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors for free. Here's this week's picture bon appetit on chicken, turkey, soups, stews, casseroles and more.

Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS and BROWNS fans,
Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about
12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love
every year somewhat depending on availability. She also propagates, uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.
Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers. -but- our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them -and- she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits, deer and others hate most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection. We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill.
SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden. She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.
And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought plus we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags. We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors for free. Here's this week's picture bon appetit on chicken, turkey, soups, stews, casseroles and more.

The Basil looks great.
-
Hi fellow GAMEDAY MEALS and BROWNS fans,
Something different I've often mentioned that my wife the cook and herb gardener grows and dries about
12-14 DIFFERENT HERBS we love
every year somewhat depending on availability. She also propagates, uses starts and plants some from seeds depending on how they grow.
Well this year she moved about 75% of the herbs to behind the house along with our cherry tomatoes already over 5' high. That bed at one time was flowers. -but- our local rabbit hoard just loves to eat them -and- she won't let me hunt them so.....guess what rabbits, deer and others hate most herbs in fact we used to plant them around the flowers for protection. We had a HUGE flower bed on the other side of our brick patio with the grill.
SO she took a picture from our deck at the new herb garden. She has a green thumb just like her late father Lou.
And homegrown herbs taste way, way better than store bought plus we save $$$ hundreds a year on those little bottles and bags. We also give away tons of herbs, some whole plants to friends and neighbors for free. Here's this week's picture bon appetit on chicken, turkey, soups, stews, casseroles and more.

The Basil looks great.
The Basil looks great.
Oh yes. We've got 12 different varieties of herbs right now with different basils, thymes and others. She also propagates and some herbs last several years so it varies some year to year. Not all are in that picture.
She's been doing it for a long time and has that green thumb just like her late father Lou.
I grew up in a gardening family, about 5 acres at the old homestead of about everything including a nice barn. A fun hobby.
-
♠︎ Today's dinner menu. ♠︎
Country Pork ribs in sauerkraut, parsley buttered potatoes. And naturally our fresh herbs just cut now for both. And the cook has taste tested everything, I'm watching the Guardians (up 10-0) and eating at 7 pm.
We have 2 varieties of parsley this year (some years three), flat leaf and curly, both look so good.
The rest is just whatever appetizers and side dishes you want. I know we have black olives, maybe artichokes (go together). We're having spinach for a vegetable.
And dessert maybe ice cream or I love
Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.
And I guarantee leftovers for Sunday. Cook once, eat twice !
Bon Appétit.
-
Got me an individual sized anchovy pizza from Poppy's in Estes Park last night and eating the 2nd half tonight. Love anchovy pizza and I don't have to worry about someone stealing my leftovers.?
-
Got me an individual sized anchovy pizza from Poppy's in Estes Park last night and eating the 2nd half tonight. Love anchovy pizza and I don't have to worry about someone stealing my leftovers.?
Got me an individual sized anchovy pizza from Poppy's in Estes Park last night and eating the 2nd half tonight. Love anchovy pizza and I don't have to worry about someone stealing my leftovers.?
Yes not too many anchovy pizza thieves running around there I imagine.
But the important thing did you enjoy your leftover pizza, always nice to open up the frig and find something good to eat.

-
so, the garden is producing a LOT of tomatoes. Finally got a good bit of rain. I made this dish a few days ago -
for those who love good tomatoes:
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tomato-dumplings/

-
so, the garden is producing a LOT of tomatoes. Finally got a good bit of rain. I made this dish a few days ago -
for those who love good tomatoes:
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tomato-dumplings/

so, the garden is producing a LOT of tomatoes. Finally got a good bit of rain. I made this dish a few days ago -
for those who love good tomatoes:
Looks like a good recipe from Taste of Home. My wife used to read their magazine.
-
Well its about time for a easy and delicious GAMEDAY meal how about a TACO CASSEROLE oh yes. You should like it !
Here is great GAMEDAY or any night meal TACO CASSEROLE mmm-mmm. An easy to do recipe and 30-35 minute cook time. AND don't forget to check
out the kitchen tips and information below.
SERVES 6 COOK TIME 35 MINUTES
Taco Casserole is a simple, Mexican-inspired, ground beef recipe that everyone in your GAMEDAY gang or family will eat right up. It's got all the tasty taco fillings you and your family love. But best of all, you can make our Taco Casserole in advance, and heat it up when you're ready to eat!This easy casserole recipes has a special place in the hearts of the Test Kitchen. Why? Because this Taco Casserole is a meal we’ve all sat down to and enjoyed together. When you’re looking to make a meal that will really bring family together, this dinner casserole should be your go-to. The juicy ground beef is perfectly complimented by the gooey cheese and zesty taco seasoning! And we think the crushed tortilla chips add the perfect crunch. Don’t wait to make this easy casserole recipe; it’s a Tex-Mex favorite the whole family will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, cook beef and onion 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess fat. Add garlic powder, taco seasoning mix, and tomato sauce to beef; mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the crushed chips in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add enough meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with half the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with half the cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until casserole is heated through.
Our Kitchen Tips !
- Want to make this casserole a bit lighter? Substitute the ground beef with ground turkey and use low-fat sour cream and cheese.
-
For more taco options, check out our recipes for Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos, our Sassy Chicken Street Tacos, or our Simple Fish Tacos!
-
We've got even more tacos for dessert! Make our Mini Fruit Tacos, or our Ice Cream Tacos as a treat everyone will love.
-
This Taco Casserole is just one of the easy and tasty recipes you'll find in our collection of Easy Mexican Casseroles!
- Why make tacos in a cassrole dish? Making tacos for dinner is always fun and delicious; but it can create a ton of mess and dishes to clean up afterwards! That takes the fun out of any meal, if you ask us. But making this casserole gives you all the delicious flavors and fun of tacos without all the mess. That's something we can always get behind!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Up Next:
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
To me, that is the beauty of cooking. Unlike baking, which is more about the chemistry involved, meaning you can't monkey around with the formula if you want the cake or whatever to come out right, you can fool around with a recipe to add more or less, or even other items you like. Unless you just run totally afoul of the recipe, you have your own version.
As an example, a classic beef stroganoff calls for mushrooms, but if you don't like mushrooms, don't put them in. If you really like them, add more.
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
Sounds good.
.....* We often tweak recipes for a number of reasons primarily what do we have on hand or things we prefer or would like to try......without changing the recipe too much or like Peen said you end up with something else....for better or worse. Especially baking my wife is more strict on quantities and ingredients there.
ALSO what's in season especially tomatoes ? ummm-ummm. And my wife has coloresteral issues that run in her family even though she and her mother eat a good diet and are in good shape so she watches the cheeses and occasionally substitsubstitutes there.. Same with using cottage cheese instead of others.
Me I can eat anything that won't eat me first -but- I'm eating better and healthier since 2015 than ever.when I lost 63 pounds and decided to keep most it off. diet and exercise is the magic bullet.
So bon appetit everyone and eat well.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



