• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
so, the garden is producing a LOT of tomatoes. Finally got a good bit of rain. I made this dish a few days ago -
for those who love good tomatoes:
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tomato-dumplings/

-
so, the garden is producing a LOT of tomatoes. Finally got a good bit of rain. I made this dish a few days ago -
for those who love good tomatoes:
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tomato-dumplings/

so, the garden is producing a LOT of tomatoes. Finally got a good bit of rain. I made this dish a few days ago -
for those who love good tomatoes:
Looks like a good recipe from Taste of Home. My wife used to read their magazine.
-
Well its about time for a easy and delicious GAMEDAY meal how about a TACO CASSEROLE oh yes. You should like it !
Here is great GAMEDAY or any night meal TACO CASSEROLE mmm-mmm. An easy to do recipe and 30-35 minute cook time. AND don't forget to check
out the kitchen tips and information below.
SERVES 6 COOK TIME 35 MINUTES
Taco Casserole is a simple, Mexican-inspired, ground beef recipe that everyone in your GAMEDAY gang or family will eat right up. It's got all the tasty taco fillings you and your family love. But best of all, you can make our Taco Casserole in advance, and heat it up when you're ready to eat!This easy casserole recipes has a special place in the hearts of the Test Kitchen. Why? Because this Taco Casserole is a meal we’ve all sat down to and enjoyed together. When you’re looking to make a meal that will really bring family together, this dinner casserole should be your go-to. The juicy ground beef is perfectly complimented by the gooey cheese and zesty taco seasoning! And we think the crushed tortilla chips add the perfect crunch. Don’t wait to make this easy casserole recipe; it’s a Tex-Mex favorite the whole family will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, cook beef and onion 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess fat. Add garlic powder, taco seasoning mix, and tomato sauce to beef; mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the crushed chips in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add enough meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with half the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with half the cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until casserole is heated through.
Our Kitchen Tips !
- Want to make this casserole a bit lighter? Substitute the ground beef with ground turkey and use low-fat sour cream and cheese.
-
For more taco options, check out our recipes for Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos, our Sassy Chicken Street Tacos, or our Simple Fish Tacos!
-
We've got even more tacos for dessert! Make our Mini Fruit Tacos, or our Ice Cream Tacos as a treat everyone will love.
-
This Taco Casserole is just one of the easy and tasty recipes you'll find in our collection of Easy Mexican Casseroles!
- Why make tacos in a cassrole dish? Making tacos for dinner is always fun and delicious; but it can create a ton of mess and dishes to clean up afterwards! That takes the fun out of any meal, if you ask us. But making this casserole gives you all the delicious flavors and fun of tacos without all the mess. That's something we can always get behind!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Up Next:
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
To me, that is the beauty of cooking. Unlike baking, which is more about the chemistry involved, meaning you can't monkey around with the formula if you want the cake or whatever to come out right, you can fool around with a recipe to add more or less, or even other items you like. Unless you just run totally afoul of the recipe, you have your own version.
As an example, a classic beef stroganoff calls for mushrooms, but if you don't like mushrooms, don't put them in. If you really like them, add more.
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
Sounds good.
.....* We often tweak recipes for a number of reasons primarily what do we have on hand or things we prefer or would like to try......without changing the recipe too much or like Peen said you end up with something else....for better or worse. Especially baking my wife is more strict on quantities and ingredients there.
ALSO what's in season especially tomatoes ? ummm-ummm. And my wife has coloresteral issues that run in her family even though she and her mother eat a good diet and are in good shape so she watches the cheeses and occasionally substitsubstitutes there.. Same with using cottage cheese instead of others.
Me I can eat anything that won't eat me first -but- I'm eating better and healthier since 2015 than ever.when I lost 63 pounds and decided to keep most it off. diet and exercise is the magic bullet.
So bon appetit everyone and eat well.
-
I might substitute some other cheese than Colby Jack though. I make something similar but use Pace mild picante sauce instead of the tomato sauce. Gives a few extra veggies other than the ones added. I'll try that with the cottage cheese which I don't add now. I like to add a little diced fresh tomato too. Maybe half to 2/3 a cup or so. And I just break up the chips into small pieces rather than crush them.
To me, that is the beauty of cooking. Unlike baking, which is more about the chemistry involved, meaning you can't monkey around with the formula if you want the cake or whatever to come out right, you can fool around with a recipe to add more or less, or even other items you like. Unless you just run totally afoul of the recipe, you have your own version.
As an example, a classic beef stroganoff calls for mushrooms, but if you don't like mushrooms, don't put them in. If you really like them, add more.
As an example, a classic beef stroganoff calls for mushrooms, but if you don't like mushrooms, don't put them in. If you really like them, add more.
I like to cut up a ton of mushrooms and saute them in butter before pouring them over boneless baked chicken breasts. Yummmmmmyyyy! But that's only if I don't bake them in a really good blackberry jam & rum sauce I make.?
-
-
Tuesday evening 7/26 - Had leftover homemade corn bread, guacamole from the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten great, -and- my wife's recipe for chili with ground beef and Sweet Italian sausage with peppers and onions, garlic.......OMG fantastic, I loved it !
For dessert Little Debbie 's Swiss Rolls. Watching the Guardians up 8-2 bottom 8. ....... I'm stuffed.
Loved it.
-
having some homemade blueberry cobbler ala mode taste awesome on this hot summer day
A nice quickie for that is mix up a box of yellow or white cake mix with about 1 1/2 cups melted butter. Press it out over your berries with some added brown or unrefined sugar...bake 45 min(give or take) at 350....bing bang boom....just scoop on the Blue Bell
-
You don't always need a fancy recipe meal for a good meal.
■ Wednesday July 27, late evening meal. And it's so nice to have a wife that's a scratch cook and likes to change things up. -And- make an easy evening supper.
We generally get steak, fish and chicken at our local Giant Eagle, great meat store. BUT my wife was in Aldi's NEVER bought chicken there before planning on my wife's chicken salad dish. Well she got the chicken there, when home my wife thought it was maybe OK at best. She prepared it as usual baking dish, EVOO, etc. and changed the menu from Chicken Salad to a Chicken Margherita dish.
For the salad a Cucumber Salad with Red Onions. Using the longer English style cucumber and a hotter red onion instead of white or vadallia onion. She mixed mayonnaise, sour cream, white vinegar, black pepper and (new) a few tbsp of a ranch dressing. *Cool in frig. I put some s&p on at the table. OMG, GOOD ! I loved it and she made a bowl half in frig to marinate for tomorrow.
On the chicken it wasn't great so she made the Chicken Margherita dish pasta, tomatos, a Parmesan sauce, a sweet fresh garden basil. (i don't have any other details) . It was OK but better with better chicken she was right there.
Dessert was Banana Split Ice Cream from Giant Eagle delicious ! I had seconds.
A good easy Wednesday late evening meal on the fly and delicious (except for the bird).
* edit add. * Cool salad in frig, make extra for day 2 marinate overnight in frig.
I'll come up with a GAMEDAY MEAL later on, not tonight.

-
Been awhile since I’ve posted up some of my food here. Been craving some Mexican food and finally had some time to cook a little Fajitas with chipotle chicken, chile lime marinated skirt steak , onions and hatch chilies. Double cheese enchilada topped with keto charro beans and a little Salvadoran crema and lime zest. Beans are made with black soy and loaded with bacon , chorizo , onions and hatch chiles. Enchilada is a 100% cheddar shell filled with shredded quesadilla cheese and mild green chiles.
-
Are you ready.....
It's time for a good GAMEDAY recipe ! Our favorite professional, college -and- high school football games will be kicking off soon. And then all of the weekend parties, tailgating and get-togethers plus even a family night pizza. How about a hot out of the oven BEEFY GARLIC PIZZA, mmm-mmm and quicker and more economical than delivery.
Remember too to check
out the kitchen tips below !
SERVINGS 8 SERVING SIZE 1 SLICE COOKING TIME only 30 MINUTESToday we're throwing a pizza party! Why? Because we wanted to make something new with that package of ground beef in the fridge. A BEEFY GARLIC PIZZA is calling your name and we bet it'll be your new favorite go-to dinner recipe, for pizza party occasions or just because. After all, who doesn't love a hearty, cheesy, beefy slice of pizza?
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (see Tips)
- 1 (6-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; saute garlic 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until completely browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid; stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 12- to 14-inch circle. Place on pizza pan. Using a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times. Spoon beef mixture evenly over pizza dough and top with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve immediately.
KITCHEN TIPS
-
If you'd prefer to use a prepared pizza shell, that will work here too.
-
We love to serve this with our delicious Caesar Salad for a complete meal!
- For other pizza recipes, try our Pepperoni Pie Squares or our Deep Dish Pizza Casserole.
-
Here's another recipe just right for the next BROWNS GAMEDAY MEAL ! Your gang will like it......
CREAMY HERB FRIES with a surprise or two and yes they are delicious. The suprise is in the recipe below.
And as usual be sure to check
out the Notes below.
SERVES 4 ◆ COOKING TIME 20 MINUTESOne bite of these Creamy Herb Fries and you won't even realize that there is NO SALT ! Plus, they're BAKED not fried, so you WON'T feel guilty snacking on this delicious treat.
What You'll Need
- 6 Idaho potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1 cup fat free sour cream <---- fat free unless you want the other sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute <----- also not bad !
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
What to Do
-
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
-
Wash the potatoes and cut into 1/4" rectangles the length of the potato. Dry thoroughly with paper towels.
-
Blend the olive oil, salt substitute and pepper in a bowl. Add potatoes to coat.
-
Spread potatoes in one layer on a nonstick baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Turn potatoes over half way through the cooking with nonmetallic tongs or spatula.
- Mix the sour cream in a bowl with the rosemary and thyme for the dipping sauce. Serve while fries are still warm.
Notes
Plus, if you loved these homemade French fries, be sure to check out our recipe for Homemade Onion Rings!
-
Been awhile since I’ve posted up some of my food here. Been craving some Mexican food and finally had some time to cook a little Fajitas with chipotle chicken, chile lime marinated skirt steak , onions and hatch chilies. Double cheese enchilada topped with keto charro beans and a little Salvadoran crema and lime zest. Beans are made with black soy and loaded with bacon , chorizo , onions and hatch chiles. Enchilada is a 100% cheddar shell filled with shredded quesadilla cheese and mild green chiles.
Been awhile since I’ve posted up some of my food here. Been craving some Mexican food and finally had some time to cook a little Fajitas with chipotle chicken, chile lime marinated skirt steak , onions and hatch chilies. Double cheese enchilada topped with keto charro beans and a little Salvadoran crema and lime zest. Beans are made with black soy and loaded with bacon , chorizo , onions and hatch chiles. Enchilada is a 100% cheddar shell filled with shredded quesadilla cheese and mild green chiles.
Around 0200 the gas bombs would drive the old lady out of the room....
-
My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil.

-
Yesterday I took my daughter out to lunch at a Peruvian restaurant and ordered a huge seafood special which we shared since I had racquetball going about 3 hours later. Under all the calimari, shrimp, clams, whitefish, etc was a bunch of fried yuca. I told the waitress, who was obviously South American, in Spanish how much I loved the yuca. Immediately she switched from her very excellent English to her native Spanish to tell me it was fried to perfection (which it was). So I asked her, "De donde viene usted?" and off we went when she replied, "Venezuela!" Ended up with a long conversation about her being from Canaima and me and my spouse living in Valencia well over 50 years ago, etc.
So I want to thank DieHard for posting that video about Petare in Caracas near where I lived for a few months which led me to many more videos about Venezuela today which were all in Venezuelan Spanish. It brought back all my ability to understand conversation Venezuelan that had me totally prepared to have this very long and very pleasant conversation with mi hermana de Canaima near Angel falls. And a really great lunch that was more Venezuelan than Peruvian. ?Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end.?
-
My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil.

My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil.

Oh yes the zucchini boats a great way to use up the zucchini when they start coming out big time.
And the fresh herbs right out of our herb garden, ummm-mmm delicious !
-
My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil.

Oh yes the zucchini boats a great way to use up the zucchini when they start coming out big time.
And the fresh herbs right out of our herb garden, ummm-mmm delicious !
-
this year, I grew Armenian cucumbers. They are EXCELLENT ! They aren't actually a cucumber - they are in the melon family. They are terrific to add to a salad, eat by itself, with dip. They get big - and are still crisp and the taste is terrific.
That is for anyone who wants salad added to the great meat recipes on this thread....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



