Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil. 705614EA-9155-4617-A979-5C8146C2F72F.thumb.jpeg.8345f21cbf62a6a15f48a34d8a616b00.jpegB6B851FF-725D-441B-A930-6814561E8268.thumb.jpeg.1fa879582969b2d3923aae04e49cdc1a.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil. 705614EA-9155-4617-A979-5C8146C2F72F.thumb.jpeg.8345f21cbf62a6a15f48a34d8a616b00.jpegB6B851FF-725D-441B-A930-6814561E8268.thumb.jpeg.1fa879582969b2d3923aae04e49cdc1a.jpeg

    Oh yes the   zucchini boats   a great way to use up the zucchini when they start coming out big time.

    And the  fresh herbs   right out of our herb garden,  ummm-mmm delicious  !

  • @jcam222 said:

    My wife has been taking care of our friends garden while they are on an Alaskan cruise. Zuchinni are going crazy so we have tons. This is one of our favorite ways to make prepare. Zuchinni boats filled with Italian sausage and Parmesan , topped with provolone and fontina cheese in a nice chunky puttanesca style sauce. Finished off with some fresh parsley and basil. 705614EA-9155-4617-A979-5C8146C2F72F.thumb.jpeg.8345f21cbf62a6a15f48a34d8a616b00.jpegB6B851FF-725D-441B-A930-6814561E8268.thumb.jpeg.1fa879582969b2d3923aae04e49cdc1a.jpeg

    Oh yes the   zucchini boats   a great way to use up the zucchini when they start coming out big time.

    And the  fresh herbs   right out of our herb garden,  ummm-mmm delicious  !

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes the   zucchini boats   a great way to use up the zucchini when they start coming out big time.

    And the  fresh herbs   right out of our herb garden,  ummm-mmm delicious  !

    Oh my wife also likes your zuchinni boats too.  A big ? ? 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    this year, I grew Armenian cucumbers. They are EXCELLENT ! They aren't actually a cucumber - they are in the melon family. They are terrific to add to a salad, eat by itself, with dip. They get big - and are still crisp and the taste is terrific.

    That is for anyone who wants salad added to the great meat recipes on this thread....

  • this year, I grew Armenian cucumbers. They are EXCELLENT ! They aren't actually a cucumber - they are in the melon family. They are terrific to add to a salad, eat by itself, with dip. They get big - and are still crisp and the taste is terrific.

    That is for anyone who wants salad added to the great meat recipes on this thread....

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @calfoxwc said:

    this year, I grew Armenian cucumbers. They are EXCELLENT ! They aren't actually a cucumber - they are in the melon family. They are terrific to add to a salad, eat by itself, with dip. They get big - and are still crisp and the taste is terrific.

    That is for anyone who wants salad added to the great meat recipes on this thread....

    I believe my wife   (the better cook and grocery shopper in our house)    has bought those and included them in our salads.  Are they shorter, smaller diameter but still crunchy.(the ones we had) than the usual very long varieties.   I know we've tried the English cucumbers  I think we might have tried those.

    I'll have to ask her later.

  • this year, I grew Armenian cucumbers. They are EXCELLENT ! They aren't actually a cucumber - they are in the melon family. They are terrific to add to a salad, eat by itself, with dip. They get big - and are still crisp and the taste is terrific.

    That is for anyone who wants salad added to the great meat recipes on this thread....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    this year, I grew Armenian cucumbers. They are EXCELLENT ! They aren't actually a cucumber - they are in the melon family. They are terrific to add to a salad, eat by itself, with dip. They get big - and are still crisp and the taste is terrific.

    That is for anyone who wants salad added to the great meat recipes on this thread....

    Should we get those before Putin invades to bring them back into the USSR? Or just grow 'em? 

    https://growinginthegarden.com/growing-armenian-cucumbers-in-the-garden/

    BTW the area of my yard where I used to get the best Bluebonnet flowers was taken over by St. Augustin grass. But because of the drought all that is dead again. Fortunately I saved the last batch of Bluebonnet seeds from that spot and I plan to plant them again this fall.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Oh God I've got to watch posting in the middle of the night.  OMG the last cucumbers she got were from CANADA.

    She showed me the label, greenhouse grown a product of Canada distributed by a company in Ontario, Canada.  The real tip was the entire label was translated into French also.  😆

    They were called Mini Crunchers Cucumbers.   My wife got a kick out of the whole thing......and she reads and sometimes saves labels.   Geeezzz.

  • Oh God I've got to watch posting in the middle of the night.  OMG the last cucumbers she got were from CANADA.

    She showed me the label, greenhouse grown a product of Canada distributed by a company in Ontario, Canada.  The real tip was the entire label was translated into French also.  😆

    They were called Mini Crunchers Cucumbers.   My wife got a kick out of the whole thing......and she reads and sometimes saves labels.   Geeezzz.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh God I've got to watch posting in the middle of the night.  OMG the last cucumbers she got were from CANADA.

    She showed me the label, greenhouse grown a product of Canada distributed by a company in Ontario, Canada.  The real tip was the entire label was translated into French also.  😆

    They were called Mini Crunchers Cucumbers.   My wife got a kick out of the whole thing......and she reads and sometimes saves labels.   Geeezzz.

    no, the Armenian cukes are long. Amazing - they get big, and are still great in texture. I'm amazed at how good they are.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_cucumber

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Here's something different for your   GAMEDAY  this summer/ fall......

    Want something for your    GAMEDAY   or maybe an easy supper without firing up the oven ?  How about some   SLOW COOKER BAKED ZITI    you'll love it and so easy.

    An easy main dish to go along with your favorite easy grill food before, during or after the big game.  A. delicious  meal,  be creative !  Check ✔️ it out.

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
     
    SERVES  6   COOK TIME  4 HOUR 10 MINUTES  

    This easy Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is a perfect meal for those busy weeknights during the summer. Why the summer, you ask? Well, this delicious slow cooker recipe gives you fantastic Italian flavors, without you having to turn on your oven!

    With slow cooker pasta bakes like this, you get to enjoy a delicious, hearty meal with very little work. It might sound a little…cheesy…but it just doesn’t get better than that.

    If you love a good slow cooker cheesy pasta bake, then our baked ziti that you can set up and leave is going to be your new go-to! Watch the video right below and then check out the written instructions and get ready for a tasty dinner!

    ✔️     What You’ll Need

    • 1 (16-ounce) package ziti, uncooked
    • 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 4 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
    • 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 2 (24-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
    • Chopped fresh parsley for sprinkling

    ✔️     Slow Cooker Baked Ziti Directions:

    1. Coat a 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Rinse uncooked pasta, drain, and set aside.
    2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes or until browned; drain and set aside.
    3. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
    4. In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce on the bottom, top with half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
    5. Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

    Slow-Cooker-Baked-Ziti_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2691734.jpg

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Oh Lawd!!! 
     

    Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 
     

    Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

    B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

    934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

    80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

  • Oh Lawd!!! 
     

    Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 
     

    Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

    B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

    934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

    80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Oh Lawd!!! 
     

    Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 
     

    Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

    B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

    934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

    80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

    Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    A little tailgate warmup this past weekend. Finally had a chance to fire up the smoker. Jamaican jerk pork belly kabobs on a warm sweet and spicy cabbage and pepper slaw. A keto take on Jamaican oxtail stew subbing in black soy bean for the traditional butter beans. Smoked the oxtail for a couple hours then threw them in the stew mix to braise in the smoker. Both were money. Going forward all my jerk pork will be belly like this. Oxtails were a first for me  very rich and beefy  pricey though considering it’s mostly bone  next time I do the dish I will likely sub in short ribs  367AC019-3F71-4A68-858C-632C10FF87A5.thumb.jpeg.514375b5586f3042ec10fae7c42e4595.jpeg408730B0-AE43-41FD-9684-7F2A7B5A88C8.thumb.jpeg.4a05afb53a9bbd08d93d9afec4ad5d09.jpeg

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Oh Lawd!!! 
     

    Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 
     

    Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

    B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

    934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

    80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

    Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

    They were tasty.   I normally cook them at a lower temp but I liked the extra smoke at the higher temp.  I’m going to try to Franks red hot on the next burn.  Thanks for the tip. 

  • Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

    I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

    Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

    It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

    I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

    Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

    It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

    A post from 9/20/2020 from our friend Tour.   

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Here's  a simple  5 ingredient   ◆  GAMEDAY. ◆   or any day quick and easy meal.

    Want a quick and easy recipe  try our  5 INGREDIENT PIZZA BAKE.  And don't forget to check  ✔️  out the Notes at the bottom of the page for more handy information. 

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
     
    SERVES  8   ◆   COOK TIME  20 MINUTES     
     
    Our 5-Ingredient Pizza Bake delivers lots of pizzeria flavor, without having to send for take-out! With an easy-to-make crust, this one is literally foolproof!

    ✔️     What You'll Need

    • 2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit mix
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
    • 1 (6-ounce) package sliced pepperoni
    • 1 (7-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
    • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

    ✔️     What to Do

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
    2. In a medium bowl, stir biscuit mix and water until soft dough forms. Drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly into bottom of baking dish. (Dough will not completely cover bottom of dish.)
    3. Spoon 1 cup pizza sauce over dough. Arrange 1/2 the pepperoni slices and 1/2 the mushrooms evenly over sauce. Top with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, and cheese.
    4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.

    ✔️     Notes

    • Freezer instructions: Follow steps 1-4 above (do not cut into squares). Allow pizza bake to cool. Then cover with several layers of foil and freeze. When ready to eat, place recipe in fridge to thaw 24 hours in advance. Reheat, serve, and enjoy! Click here for more tip on freezing our recipes.

    5-Ingredient-Pizza-Bake_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1023360-1.jpg

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    Game day food at my place yesterday. Chicken shawarma marinaded overnight, stacked on the Trompo King spit and smoked in the Lang with cherry wood. Shaved onto wraps with traditional accompaniments. Garlic spread, cucumber, tomato, pink pickles (pickled turnips), harissa tahini sauce and a little parsley. Made the sauce and pink pickles. Was different and people loved it. 6CB76AD9-625F-496B-BE4C-8E4B06920D08.thumb.jpeg.33ad46a69df7f69d65542728fe08f94e.jpeg0B90AD98-6329-44C4-950C-646DF8BB5BCF.thumb.jpeg.39e1bb88126b5a322f4f7b5d9fc1e232.jpegC41E5E7E-8B03-4681-B0B5-D04ABEEE3EDB.thumb.jpeg.f65db3b90e728a3d15685049d9daa94b.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

  • Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    @mjp28 said:

    Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

    Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

    Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

    Yeah, I pulled an 0-2 start.  Thought I had a shot in one of them, on to week 2.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    With this sudden cool weather here in NE OHIO it brings back the soups, stews and casseroles which always go well with the   ★ GAMEDAY ★  meals.   They just go great with football   ?   and fall meals.....and makes the house smell good too.

    Today we just finished the last of her Beef Stew with Red Wine recipe ummm-ummm  good to the last reheated bowl......with Italian bread and butter of course. 

    ~AND~  I have a nice, quick and delicious  GAMEDAY  meal coming up as soon as I get it ready.  See you again  soon !

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Made a road trip to our favorite pizza joint, all the way in Wooster, The Coccia House. 

    I think it should be the official pizza of the Browns, I mean, just look at their color scheme!

    Been in business for over 60 years.  

    coccia house box.jpeg

    coccia house pizza.jpeg