Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.5k 2
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Oh Lawd!!! 
     

    Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 
     

    Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

    B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

    934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

    80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

    Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

    They were tasty.   I normally cook them at a lower temp but I liked the extra smoke at the higher temp.  I’m going to try to Franks red hot on the next burn.  Thanks for the tip. 

  • Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

    I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

    Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

    It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

    I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

    Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

    It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

    A post from 9/20/2020 from our friend Tour.   

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Here's  a simple  5 ingredient   ◆  GAMEDAY. ◆   or any day quick and easy meal.

    Want a quick and easy recipe  try our  5 INGREDIENT PIZZA BAKE.  And don't forget to check  ✔️  out the Notes at the bottom of the page for more handy information. 

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
     
    SERVES  8   ◆   COOK TIME  20 MINUTES     
     
    Our 5-Ingredient Pizza Bake delivers lots of pizzeria flavor, without having to send for take-out! With an easy-to-make crust, this one is literally foolproof!

    ✔️     What You'll Need

    • 2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit mix
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
    • 1 (6-ounce) package sliced pepperoni
    • 1 (7-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
    • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

    ✔️     What to Do

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
    2. In a medium bowl, stir biscuit mix and water until soft dough forms. Drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly into bottom of baking dish. (Dough will not completely cover bottom of dish.)
    3. Spoon 1 cup pizza sauce over dough. Arrange 1/2 the pepperoni slices and 1/2 the mushrooms evenly over sauce. Top with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, and cheese.
    4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.

    ✔️     Notes

    • Freezer instructions: Follow steps 1-4 above (do not cut into squares). Allow pizza bake to cool. Then cover with several layers of foil and freeze. When ready to eat, place recipe in fridge to thaw 24 hours in advance. Reheat, serve, and enjoy! Click here for more tip on freezing our recipes.

    5-Ingredient-Pizza-Bake_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1023360-1.jpg

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    Game day food at my place yesterday. Chicken shawarma marinaded overnight, stacked on the Trompo King spit and smoked in the Lang with cherry wood. Shaved onto wraps with traditional accompaniments. Garlic spread, cucumber, tomato, pink pickles (pickled turnips), harissa tahini sauce and a little parsley. Made the sauce and pink pickles. Was different and people loved it. 6CB76AD9-625F-496B-BE4C-8E4B06920D08.thumb.jpeg.33ad46a69df7f69d65542728fe08f94e.jpeg0B90AD98-6329-44C4-950C-646DF8BB5BCF.thumb.jpeg.39e1bb88126b5a322f4f7b5d9fc1e232.jpegC41E5E7E-8B03-4681-B0B5-D04ABEEE3EDB.thumb.jpeg.f65db3b90e728a3d15685049d9daa94b.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

  • Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    @mjp28 said:

    Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

    Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Excellent  as usual  jcam.   🙂

    Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

    Yeah, I pulled an 0-2 start.  Thought I had a shot in one of them, on to week 2.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    With this sudden cool weather here in NE OHIO it brings back the soups, stews and casseroles which always go well with the   ★ GAMEDAY ★  meals.   They just go great with football   ?   and fall meals.....and makes the house smell good too.

    Today we just finished the last of her Beef Stew with Red Wine recipe ummm-ummm  good to the last reheated bowl......with Italian bread and butter of course. 

    ~AND~  I have a nice, quick and delicious  GAMEDAY  meal coming up as soon as I get it ready.  See you again  soon !

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Made a road trip to our favorite pizza joint, all the way in Wooster, The Coccia House. 

    I think it should be the official pizza of the Browns, I mean, just look at their color scheme!

    Been in business for over 60 years.  

    coccia house box.jpeg

    coccia house pizza.jpeg

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    And here's the pizza I made two weekends ago for my guy's weekend in the wilds of NW Pennsylvania. I made meatball subs for all the guys except one, who is a vegetarian, so I made him a cherry pepper, red onion and sun dried tomato pizza. 

    pizza guys weekend.jpeg

  • Made a road trip to our favorite pizza joint, all the way in Wooster, The Coccia House. 

    I think it should be the official pizza of the Browns, I mean, just look at their color scheme!

    Been in business for over 60 years.  

    coccia house box.jpeg

    coccia house pizza.jpeg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Made a road trip to our favorite pizza joint, all the way in Wooster, The Coccia House. 

    I think it should be the official pizza of the Browns, I mean, just look at their color scheme!

    Been in business for over 60 years.  

    coccia house box.jpeg

    coccia house pizza.jpeg

    That looks delicious!  I like pizza crust and cheese well done/darkened like you see at the very top of the pizza in the middle (the 2 pieces on the left and the 1st piece to the right). I miss the pizza where I was raised in Western, NY - and that picture reminds me of it.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Made a road trip to our favorite pizza joint, all the way in Wooster, The Coccia House. 

    I think it should be the official pizza of the Browns, I mean, just look at their color scheme!

    Been in business for over 60 years.  

    coccia house box.jpeg

    coccia house pizza.jpeg

    That looks delicious!  I like pizza crust and cheese well done/darkened like you see at the very top of the pizza in the middle (the 2 pieces on the left and the 1st piece to the right). I miss the pizza where I was raised in Western, NY - and that picture reminds me of it.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    That looks delicious!  I like pizza crust and cheese well done/darkened like you see at the very top of the pizza in the middle (the 2 pieces on the left and the 1st piece to the right). I miss the pizza where I was raised in Western, NY - and that picture reminds me of it.  

    That looks like a real homemade Italian pizza....not the perfectly round franchise joints with exactly 3 pieces of pepperoni per slice, etc, etc.

    It's worth it to look for and buy the true homemade Italian food places....if you can still find any.  NE Ohio used to be fantastic for good ma & PA shops there still are some out there.  I unfortunately can remember a lot that are no longer around.   Bon Appétit. (in any language) 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Another one of our  ★ GAMEDAY  ★ or anyday favorites  and so quick and easy  SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI,   ummm-ummm  delicious.   

    And  WOW,  almost  61,000  views,  thank you everyone.   🙂

    Want something for a lunch or a dinner snack  -or-  a great  ★ GAMEDAY ★ go along that's sure to be a hit well try our ◆ SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI  ◆ .  One of our favorites ummm-ummm  and done in 15 minutes  but you better plan ahead for seconds.    And be sure to check  ✔️  out our kitchen  tips and recipes below. 

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
     
    SERVES 2    COOK TIME  just  15 MINUTES   for ??  so plan ahead to feed the whole gang.       
     
    Need  something that's classically Italian? Try our  SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI. Refrigerated pizza dough is our shortcut to making this tasty meal in less than 15 minutes. It's a quick and easy vegetarian stromboli recipe that's guaranteed to fill you up. We're sure you'll agree, this simple Italian dinner is unquestionably tasty. 

    ✔️    What You'll Need  but plan ahead...

    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    • 4 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 cup ricotta cheese
    • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough

    ✔️    What to Do

    1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
    2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spinach and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
    3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, the oregano, and salt. Add spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
    4. Unroll pizza dough and with your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough out to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to make two 5- x 15-inch rectangles. Spread half the spinach mixture onto each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Fold each piece of dough over and pinch the edges to seal securely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
    5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or or until golden brown.    Oh yeah !

    ✔️     Check This Out!

    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

    And What's Up Next ?  How about:

    Pizzeria-Style Stromboli 

    ★ Spinach and cheese stromboli, looks so ummm-ummm delicious......

    Spinach-and-Cheese-Stromboli-updated_Large400_ID-3415831.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    outside of panfish fillets deep fried with a coating of milk and coated with Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour....

    (the seasoned flour I discovered some years ago - we were tent camping in Kentucky, coming back from Florida, and fried up our bluegills and perch), I think I would like to try these again.

    Different. I had a friend whose family came to America from Lebanon, and she gave me a plate of them...they were great.

    The fillings are various - we don't care for green peppers, but these are rolled up grape leaves with stuffing inside. I don't know where you go to guy grape leaves, lol, but we have them on our farm.

    However NOTE: there is a grape vine that is poisonous - the poison one has grapes with only ONE bigger seed inside, and the leaves are different a good bit. So, only pick grapes and leaves with several seeds inside.

    https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2018/05/stuffed-grape-leaves-recipe.html

  • outside of panfish fillets deep fried with a coating of milk and coated with Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour....

    (the seasoned flour I discovered some years ago - we were tent camping in Kentucky, coming back from Florida, and fried up our bluegills and perch), I think I would like to try these again.

    Different. I had a friend whose family came to America from Lebanon, and she gave me a plate of them...they were great.

    The fillings are various - we don't care for green peppers, but these are rolled up grape leaves with stuffing inside. I don't know where you go to guy grape leaves, lol, but we have them on our farm.

    However NOTE: there is a grape vine that is poisonous - the poison one has grapes with only ONE bigger seed inside, and the leaves are different a good bit. So, only pick grapes and leaves with several seeds inside.

    https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2018/05/stuffed-grape-leaves-recipe.html

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @calfoxwc said:

    outside of panfish fillets deep fried with a coating of milk and coated with Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour....

    (the seasoned flour I discovered some years ago - we were tent camping in Kentucky, coming back from Florida, and fried up our bluegills and perch), I think I would like to try these again.

    Different. I had a friend whose family came to America from Lebanon, and she gave me a plate of them...they were great.

    The fillings are various - we don't care for green peppers, but these are rolled up grape leaves with stuffing inside. I don't know where you go to guy grape leaves, lol, but we have them on our farm.

    However NOTE: there is a grape vine that is poisonous - the poison one has grapes with only ONE bigger seed inside, and the leaves are different a good bit. So, only pick grapes and leaves with several seeds inside.

    https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2018/05/stuffed-grape-leaves-recipe.html

    That reminds me  a lot  of when I went panfish and crappie fishing  (occasionally a small or large mouth bass) at the Liberty Lake in Girard and McKinley Heights, Ohio   out behind our house where I grew up way back when.

    Get a stringer full of nice 10"-12"+  crappies,  walk home and fillet them in our garage and fry them up and eat them.....or occasionally in the freezer for a BIG fish fry later with mom and grandma and her special coatings or whatever doing the cookin'..

    Ummm-ummm  that was really delicious  !      😁

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    On September 28, 2022, my birthday  my wife who is a great cook, made us a special and very simple meal and almost all on the grill.  

    Two marinated steelhead trout filets along with some garden tomatoes and some thin asparagus spears which were sprayed with olive oil spray and sea salt and a little bit of pepper.   Placed upon a  grilling rack and on to the preheated grill they went.

    They were grilled lightly until just heated through and then combined with an Asian rice with vegetables  dish she had pre-made and were added to complete the meal. 

    Light, simple and really delicious,  ummm-ummm. 

    For  dessert we had some  homemade brownies with a peanut spread and topped with a chocolate topping.  And   in a 9 x 12 baking dish which after cooking  were layered on top with a peanut butter spread and topped with a chocolate topping spread.     Oh God good   and plenty left for snacks later and tomorrow.   Into the refrigerator they went until then.  

    I can't wait for coffee and brownies today.   Simple,  quick and easy  along with really delicious for any birthday or other special occasion.    😁

    20220928_191037.jpeg

  • On September 28, 2022, my birthday  my wife who is a great cook, made us a special and very simple meal and almost all on the grill.  

    Two marinated steelhead trout filets along with some garden tomatoes and some thin asparagus spears which were sprayed with olive oil spray and sea salt and a little bit of pepper.   Placed upon a  grilling rack and on to the preheated grill they went.

    They were grilled lightly until just heated through and then combined with an Asian rice with vegetables  dish she had pre-made and were added to complete the meal. 

    Light, simple and really delicious,  ummm-ummm. 

    For  dessert we had some  homemade brownies with a peanut spread and topped with a chocolate topping.  And   in a 9 x 12 baking dish which after cooking  were layered on top with a peanut butter spread and topped with a chocolate topping spread.     Oh God good   and plenty left for snacks later and tomorrow.   Into the refrigerator they went until then.  

    I can't wait for coffee and brownies today.   Simple,  quick and easy  along with really delicious for any birthday or other special occasion.    😁

    20220928_191037.jpeg

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    On September 28, 2022, my birthday  my wife who is a great cook, made us a special and very simple meal and almost all on the grill.  

    Two marinated steelhead trout fillets along with some garden tomatoes and some thin asparagus spears which were sprayed with olive oil spray and sea salt and a little bit of pepper.   Placed upon a  grilling rack and on to the preheated grill they went.

    They were grilled lightly until gust heated through and then combined with an Asian rice with vegetables  dish she had pre-made and were added to complete the meal. 

    Light, simple and really delicious,  ummm-ummm. 

    For dessert we had some homemade brownies in a 9 x 12 baking dish which after cooking  were layered on top with a peanut butter spread and topped with a chocolate topping spread.     Oh God good   and plenty left for snacks later and tomorrow.   Into the refrigerator they went until then.  

    I can't wait for coffee and brownies today.   Simple,  quick and easy  along with really delicious for any birthday or other special occasion.    😁

    20220928_191037.jpeg

    Happy Birthday.

    I think your wife loves you cooking a healthy meal like that she wants to keep you around. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

     Another one of our  favorite recipes  a great family meal or a great. ★  GAMEDAY   ★  quick and easy  side dish.   

    Looking for a good, quick and easy recipe for a family day or  ★ GAMEDAY ★  get-together.  How about a delicious PIZZERIA-STYLE STROMBOLI  done in no time.    You don't need to leave your kitchen to make a pizzeria-worthy stromboli  and check  out the delicious recipes  listed below.

    thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2
     
    MAKES  4   ◆   SERVING SIZE  1  STROMBOLI   ◆   COOK TIME  10 MINUTES 

    You don't need to leave your kitchen to make a pizzeria-worthy stromboli. These "bake" perfectly in your air fryer! You see, the air fryer allows hot air to circulate all around the stromboli, which results in a crunchy-on-the-outside, yet tender-on-the-inside crust. Plus, there's all the molten meat and cheese filling too. In the end, you get to enjoy a really delicious, authentic-tasting stromboli! 

    What You'll Need

    • 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
    • 16 slices thinly sliced deli salami
    • 1 cup spinach leaves
    • 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
    • 8 slices provolone cheese
    • 1/4 cup Italian dressing, divided
    • Cooking Spray
    • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
    • Parmesan cheese for sprinkling   
    1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F. Unroll pizza dough on a cutting board and cut into 4 equal-sized rectangles.
    2. Layer each piece of dough evenly with salami, spinach, red peppers, provolone cheese, and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing. Starting at the long edge of dough, roll up jelly roll-style. Spray top of each with cooking spray, then evenly sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
    3. Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 2 stromboli in basket and air-fry for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining stromboli. After the second 2 are done, place first 2 back in for 1 minute to warm up.

    Check This Out!

    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

    Pizzeria-Style-Stromboli_Large400_ID-3361067.jpg

    Spinach-and-Cheese-Stromboli-updated_Large400_ID-3415831.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    ~ AND ~  any questions or comments about the above TWO PICTURES  just ask. 

    We will be try and  get you a prompt  answer  as soon as possible.  

    ~ PLUS  ~  ♡♡   Thank  you  for your for your interest in  GAMEDAY  meals and recipes !  ♡♡ ~

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Today smoked brisket 12 hours at 225° in pecan smoke. Wrapped in foil with Irish butter later cooked at 250-300 another three hours. Perfect.

    20221008_100622.jpg

    20221008_100429.jpg

    20221009_142419.jpg

    20221009_143511.jpg