Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • Any special Christmas   ?   meals this weekend  ?   

    ★  We're having our Christmas ham and my wife's scalloped potatoes and all of the other fixes.   Ummm-ummm  !  

    ★★  ..... and add ... a few more of my wife's favorites like broccoli and cheese stuffing casserole, grilled asparagus and from Ina Gartin her  " cranberry conserve "  (oh so delicious,  I'm having a sample tonight)  and who knows whatever.

    And obviously some will be for leftovers, naturally.   SO ......  

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  Have a  ?  Merry Christmas  everyone  ?   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎. 

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Any special Christmas   ?   meals this weekend  ?   

    ★  We're having our Christmas ham and my wife's scalloped potatoes and all of the other fixes.   Ummm-ummm  !  

    ★★  ..... and add ... a few more of my wife's favorites like broccoli and cheese stuffing casserole, grilled asparagus and from Ina Gartin her  " cranberry conserve "  (oh so delicious,  I'm having a sample tonight)  and who knows whatever.

    And obviously some will be for leftovers, naturally.   SO ......  

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  Have a  ?  Merry Christmas  everyone  ?   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎. 

    Special? I suppose gravlax and oysters with glazed pork belly make the cut. 

    The former is cured salmon. The taste and texture is quite similar to smoked salmon, but the curing process is a little easier on the moisture of the fish, making it more tender. Very easy to make. Recipe linked below, with two notes: 1 go long. 48 hours curing and 12 hours drying. A little more is better than a little less (when is it not, really?). 2. Use more dill. A LOT more. About a bunch per pound of salmon.
    https://www.recipetineats.com/cured-salmon-gravlax/

    The oyster with pork belly we came across on the Menu of restaurant Maven in Antwerp. It is owned and run by a butchers' family (always a good start, if you ask me), but is more fine dining than your average steakhouse. Our take on their dish starts off with Dutch oysters (Oesterij special this time to be exact), and smoked pork belly we had lying in the freezer (I am going to assume Americans do not need instructions from an emigrated Dutchman on smoking a slab of pork). We cut the pork belly in strips and made it extra crispy in an air fryer. I suppose firing up the bbq again, or pan frying would also work, but the crispiness fatty meats get in the air fryer is second to none (chicken drumsticks FTW). Leave a couple of minutes to spare for setting the glaze. Our glaze consisted of 4 parts bbq sauce, 4 parts sweet chilly sauce, 2 parts balsamic glaze, and 1 part Asian oyster sauce. Whichever sauces you use, make sure they are nice and thick and sticky to begin with. Put a couple strips of the glazed pork belly on the fresh oyster, and finish with some sliced spring onions and a generous amount of lime juice.

    Happy Christmas to all, and Go Browns!
     

    Poolside gravlax.jpg

    IMG-20221225-WA0013.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Oh my !   Cured salmon looks delicious especially with the mustard cream sauce,  very similar to one of our favorite  "go - to"  salmon marinade with the Dijon mustard.   And it's so good !    🙂  

    And a Merry  ?  Christmas   -and-   have a healthy and   Happy   ♥︎  New Year  to you.  

    MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE

    • ▢1/2 cup / 125 ml heavy / thickened cream
    • ▢1/3 cup Dijon Mustard (or hot mustard if you want a kick)
    • ▢2 tsp Mustard Powder
    • ▢Salt and pepper.     

    MUSTARD SAUCE

    • Mix ingredients, making sure to season with salt and pepper. It should taste like a creamy mustard - a touch of tartness, but mostly to add moisture to the dish. You can add lemon juice and/or zest if you wish - I like to serve with wedges so people can adjust to their taste.

    Salmon-Gravlax-8.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    And if you're interested in the nutritional values salmon is part of a very healthy diet.   Here are a few facts to go by ..... besides it just tastes  SO  GOOD !

    Nutrition is difficult with homemade Gravlax because I have no way of determining how much salt is infused into the flesh. So I've used a store bought Gravlax nutrition which is no doubt saltier than this recipe makes!

     

    Salmon-Gravlax-nutrition.png

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Christmas Prime Rib.

    I buy bone in and separate the rib from the roast and tie back.

    I Salt it heavily the night before and leave it uncovered in the fridge.

    Two hours before I cook I take it out of the fridge and I prepare a butter garlic herb spread that I cover the rib roast.  The heavy butter cover gives it a nice crust.  Butter, fresh Rosemary, fresh Thyme, fresh Garlic, Salt, Pepper…don’t be afraid to do heavy salt on it.

    I cook for 15 mins at 500.  Then I drop it to 325 for about 12 mins per pound.

    Wait about 30-45 mins to carve.  

    This is a little darker than I like…I had some guests that didn’t like it mooing a lot.  Otherwise I would have taken it out of the oven at 118-122.  

    I make gravy with the drippings add a 1/2 cup of the drippings, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cups of beef broth but  I prefer horseradish on mine.   Nice meal that would cost a fortune at a restaurant and a once every so often treat because of the cholesterol.

    I like Cranberry with my Prime Rib.  We do it from scratch.

    E7E9DD9E-274A-4180-A810-6F26E2A4E02B.jpeg

    1141F5CC-3FE6-43A6-8354-CE74AC043550.jpeg

    2577F161-B3C2-4C31-969E-43B6EE4F7AEF.jpeg

    06FFAFB9-5218-4CD3-8999-9C8104416FC6.jpeg

  • Christmas Prime Rib.

    I buy bone in and separate the rib from the roast and tie back.

    I Salt it heavily the night before and leave it uncovered in the fridge.

    Two hours before I cook I take it out of the fridge and I prepare a butter garlic herb spread that I cover the rib roast.  The heavy butter cover gives it a nice crust.  Butter, fresh Rosemary, fresh Thyme, fresh Garlic, Salt, Pepper…don’t be afraid to do heavy salt on it.

    I cook for 15 mins at 500.  Then I drop it to 325 for about 12 mins per pound.

    Wait about 30-45 mins to carve.  

    This is a little darker than I like…I had some guests that didn’t like it mooing a lot.  Otherwise I would have taken it out of the oven at 118-122.  

    I make gravy with the drippings add a 1/2 cup of the drippings, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cups of beef broth but  I prefer horseradish on mine.   Nice meal that would cost a fortune at a restaurant and a once every so often treat because of the cholesterol.

    I like Cranberry with my Prime Rib.  We do it from scratch.

    E7E9DD9E-274A-4180-A810-6F26E2A4E02B.jpeg

    1141F5CC-3FE6-43A6-8354-CE74AC043550.jpeg

    2577F161-B3C2-4C31-969E-43B6EE4F7AEF.jpeg

    06FFAFB9-5218-4CD3-8999-9C8104416FC6.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @sdbacker80 said:

    ★  Christmas Prime Rib  ★

    I buy bone in and separate the rib from the roast and tie back.

    I Salt it heavily the night before and leave it uncovered in the fridge.

    Two hours before I cook I take it out of the fridge and I prepare a butter garlic herb spread that I cover the rib roast.  The heavy butter cover gives it a nice crust.  Butter, fresh Rosemary, fresh Thyme, fresh Garlic, Salt, Pepper…don’t be afraid to do heavy salt on it.

    I cook for 15 mins at 500.  Then I drop it to 325 for about 12 mins per pound.

    Wait about 30-45 mins to carve.  

    This is a little darker than I like…I had some guests that didn’t like it mooing a lot.  Otherwise I would have taken it out of the oven at 118-122.  

    I make gravy with the drippings add a 1/2 cup of the drippings, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cups of beef broth but  I prefer horseradish on mine.   Nice meal that would cost a fortune at a restaurant and a once every so often treat because of the cholesterol.

    I like Cranberry with my Prime Rib.  We do it from scratch.

    E7E9DD9E-274A-4180-A810-6F26E2A4E02B.jpeg

    1141F5CC-3FE6-43A6-8354-CE74AC043550.jpeg

    2577F161-B3C2-4C31-969E-43B6EE4F7AEF.jpeg

    06FFAFB9-5218-4CD3-8999-9C8104416FC6.jpeg

    Thank you SD Backer 80 !   

    A very nice write up on doing a Classic Christmas  ?   Prime Rib   for Christmas or any  time that you might want to do a  delicious Prime Rib dinner.   

    This is a nice way to prepare,  cook and serve a really fancy meal.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen

    I cooked a beef tenderloin.

    As for keeping in the refrigerator, try doing it for a week or so in the hydrator(veggie) drawer.  It pulls out moisture, a dry aging process of sorts.  It really makes a difference.

    For the first day or two, cover with a piece of cheese cloth, or even paper towels,,,change a few times, then just open air the last 5 days.   Do this on a wire rack over a plate to allow for complete air circulation.

  • I cooked a beef tenderloin.

    As for keeping in the refrigerator, try doing it for a week or so in the hydrator(veggie) drawer.  It pulls out moisture, a dry aging process of sorts.  It really makes a difference.

    For the first day or two, cover with a piece of cheese cloth, or even paper towels,,,change a few times, then just open air the last 5 days.   Do this on a wire rack over a plate to allow for complete air circulation.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @ballpeen said:

    I cooked.  a beef tenderloin.

    As for keeping in the refrigerator, try doing it for a week or so in the hydrator(veggie) drawer.  It pulls out moisture, a dry aging process of sorts.  It really makes a difference.

    For the first day or two, cover with a piece of cheese cloth, or even paper towels,,,change a few times, then just open air the last 5 days.   Do this on a wire rack over a plate to allow for complete air circulation.

    True.  Some people do use that refrigerator method, We quite often use the refrigerator method.   All good tips here for that next delicious steak hot off the grill.     

     You've got me hungry for one after we get through our Christmas and new year's  pork and my wife's really great sauerkraut .... we make extra kraft to have with  hotdogs and a splash of Tabasco..   Also some yellow mustard  and hotdogs buns !   Ummm-ummm delicious  !     😁 

    .....  edit add,  this year Lay's chips a side of haluski and some Sam Adams Boston Lager.   ♥︎

    My after new years tradition for decades now, hotdogs either grilled or microwave with the above your choice.      NO RECIPE NEEDED !        😆

    ~ AND ~   a safe, healthy,  wealthy  and   * HAPPY NEW YEAR *   to our   •GAMEDAY  MEALS•   and TBB fans out there.      ?

    Peace and joy,  from our backyard at sunset last night......   mjp.

    20221228_172056.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    And to continue the   " NO RECIPES NEEDED "   New Year's Eve  football and snacking bonanza through the   " NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME "   so what have you all got cookin' ?  

           ......  And have a good holiday season everyone.    ?  🙂  ?.   

  • Christmas Prime Rib.

    I buy bone in and separate the rib from the roast and tie back.

    I Salt it heavily the night before and leave it uncovered in the fridge.

    Two hours before I cook I take it out of the fridge and I prepare a butter garlic herb spread that I cover the rib roast.  The heavy butter cover gives it a nice crust.  Butter, fresh Rosemary, fresh Thyme, fresh Garlic, Salt, Pepper…don’t be afraid to do heavy salt on it.

    I cook for 15 mins at 500.  Then I drop it to 325 for about 12 mins per pound.

    Wait about 30-45 mins to carve.  

    This is a little darker than I like…I had some guests that didn’t like it mooing a lot.  Otherwise I would have taken it out of the oven at 118-122.  

    I make gravy with the drippings add a 1/2 cup of the drippings, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cups of beef broth but  I prefer horseradish on mine.   Nice meal that would cost a fortune at a restaurant and a once every so often treat because of the cholesterol.

    I like Cranberry with my Prime Rib.  We do it from scratch.

    E7E9DD9E-274A-4180-A810-6F26E2A4E02B.jpeg

    1141F5CC-3FE6-43A6-8354-CE74AC043550.jpeg

    2577F161-B3C2-4C31-969E-43B6EE4F7AEF.jpeg

    06FFAFB9-5218-4CD3-8999-9C8104416FC6.jpeg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Christmas Prime Rib.

    I buy bone in and separate the rib from the roast and tie back.

    I Salt it heavily the night before and leave it uncovered in the fridge.

    Two hours before I cook I take it out of the fridge and I prepare a butter garlic herb spread that I cover the rib roast.  The heavy butter cover gives it a nice crust.  Butter, fresh Rosemary, fresh Thyme, fresh Garlic, Salt, Pepper…don’t be afraid to do heavy salt on it.

    I cook for 15 mins at 500.  Then I drop it to 325 for about 12 mins per pound.

    Wait about 30-45 mins to carve.  

    This is a little darker than I like…I had some guests that didn’t like it mooing a lot.  Otherwise I would have taken it out of the oven at 118-122.  

    I make gravy with the drippings add a 1/2 cup of the drippings, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cups of beef broth but  I prefer horseradish on mine.   Nice meal that would cost a fortune at a restaurant and a once every so often treat because of the cholesterol.

    I like Cranberry with my Prime Rib.  We do it from scratch.

    Not only do you have very good taste in football teams - you have it with holiday food selection. I LOVE cranberries so I'll have to remember that next Christmas. We also had prime rib and bought it with the bone in.  The Acropolis Meat Market we bought it at provided the instructions very similar to what you did.  They had us start it at 500 degrees for the first 15 minutes; then they advised turning it down to 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes per pound (depending on how you wanted it). Luckily, my wife cooked it so it came out medium rare to the preference of our company. It was delicious!

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    Here's a side dish my wife makes that people seem to like a lot.  I really enjoy it too; but I'm pretty easy to cook for so I don't matter too much. It doesn't have a name so let's keep it simple and call it ZUCCHINI WITH SAUCE:

    Ingredients: 2-3 medium Zucchini, sliced and quartered

    2-3 cloves garlic, minced

    2-3 TBL olive oil

    1 packet of Sazon seasoning

    1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained

    Spaghetti sauce to thicken, optional

    Directions: In a large frying pan add olive oil and garlic over medium heat.  Saute garlic 2-3 minutes,  Then add Zucchini, Rotel, and Sazon packet - and mix well.   Cover and turn down heat to low - occasionally stirring it a few times or so.  Cook until Zucchini is fork tender.  The next step here is optional - add spaghetti sauce to thicken.

    ***This can be used as a side dish -or- you can thicken the mixture and serve it over pasta.

    My preference is I usually don't eat it over pasta and I like it more spicy than the average person does; so Lindsay tweaks the ingredients for me.  I also like to put some parmesan cheese on the top.  My advice is to try it once the same way my wife prepares it.  If you like it or you think you need to alter it a little more toward the way you would prefer it - run it.

    I hope you get a chance to try it soon and that you're happy you did so.

    Have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!!

  • Here's a side dish my wife makes that people seem to like a lot.  I really enjoy it too; but I'm pretty easy to cook for so I don't matter too much. It doesn't have a name so let's keep it simple and call it ZUCCHINI WITH SAUCE:

    Ingredients: 2-3 medium Zucchini, sliced and quartered

    2-3 cloves garlic, minced

    2-3 TBL olive oil

    1 packet of Sazon seasoning

    1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained

    Spaghetti sauce to thicken, optional

    Directions: In a large frying pan add olive oil and garlic over medium heat.  Saute garlic 2-3 minutes,  Then add Zucchini, Rotel, and Sazon packet - and mix well.   Cover and turn down heat to low - occasionally stirring it a few times or so.  Cook until Zucchini is fork tender.  The next step here is optional - add spaghetti sauce to thicken.

    ***This can be used as a side dish -or- you can thicken the mixture and serve it over pasta.

    My preference is I usually don't eat it over pasta and I like it more spicy than the average person does; so Lindsay tweaks the ingredients for me.  I also like to put some parmesan cheese on the top.  My advice is to try it once the same way my wife prepares it.  If you like it or you think you need to alter it a little more toward the way you would prefer it - run it.

    I hope you get a chance to try it soon and that you're happy you did so.

    Have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Here's a side dish my wife makes that people seem to like a lot.  I really enjoy it too; but I'm pretty easy to cook for so I don't matter too much. It doesn't have a name so let's keep it simple and call it ZUCCHINI WITH SAUCE:

    Ingredients: 2-3 medium Zucchini, sliced and quartered

    2-3 cloves garlic, minced

    2-3 TBL olive oil

    1 packet of Sazon seasoning

    1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained

    Spaghetti sauce to thicken, optional

    Directions: In a large frying pan add olive oil and garlic over medium heat.  Saute garlic 2-3 minutes,  Then add Zucchini, Rotel, and Sazon packet - and mix well.   Cover and turn down heat to low - occasionally stirring it a few times or so.  Cook until Zucchini is fork tender.  The next step here is optional - add spaghetti sauce to thicken.

    ***This can be used as a side dish -or- you can thicken the mixture and serve it over pasta.

    My preference is I usually don't eat it over pasta and I like it more spicy than the average person does; so Lindsay tweaks the ingredients for me.  I also like to put some parmesan cheese on the top.  My advice is to try it once the same way my wife prepares it.  If you like it or you think you need to alter it a little more toward the way you would prefer it - run it.

    I hope you get a chance to try it soon and that you're happy you did so.

    Have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!!

    My wife.  "The cook"  here likes your recipe.  Plus there are so many good ways to use zucchini and we're getting more into squash which my one brother   "The vegetarian "   likes to grow.

    Add garlic, olive oil, occasionally onions and you're into many other delicious meals.    Bon Appétit  !

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Christmas Prime Rib.

    I buy bone in and separate the rib from the roast and tie back.

    I Salt it heavily the night before and leave it uncovered in the fridge.

    Two hours before I cook I take it out of the fridge and I prepare a butter garlic herb spread that I cover the rib roast.  The heavy butter cover gives it a nice crust.  Butter, fresh Rosemary, fresh Thyme, fresh Garlic, Salt, Pepper…don’t be afraid to do heavy salt on it.

    I cook for 15 mins at 500.  Then I drop it to 325 for about 12 mins per pound.

    Wait about 30-45 mins to carve.  

    This is a little darker than I like…I had some guests that didn’t like it mooing a lot.  Otherwise I would have taken it out of the oven at 118-122.  

    I make gravy with the drippings add a 1/2 cup of the drippings, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cups of beef broth but  I prefer horseradish on mine.   Nice meal that would cost a fortune at a restaurant and a once every so often treat because of the cholesterol.

    I like Cranberry with my Prime Rib.  We do it from scratch.

    Not only do you have very good taste in football teams - you have it with holiday food selection. I LOVE cranberries so I'll have to remember that next Christmas. We also had prime rib and bought it with the bone in.  The Acropolis Meat Market we bought it at provided the instructions very similar to what you did.  They had us start it at 500 degrees for the first 15 minutes; then they advised turning it down to 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes per pound (depending on how you wanted it). Luckily, my wife cooked it so it came out medium rare to the preference of our company. It was delicious!

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Not only do you have very good taste in football teams - you have it with holiday food selection. I LOVE cranberries so I'll have to remember that next Christmas. We also had prime rib and bought it with the bone in.  The Acropolis Meat Market we bought it at provided the instructions very similar to what you did.  They had us start it at 500 degrees for the first 15 minutes; then they advised turning it down to 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes per pound (depending on how you wanted it). Luckily, my wife cooked it so it came out medium rare to the preference of our company. It was delicious!

    Thanks…I hope the New Year is good to you.   I usually do Prime Rib Christmas or New Years.  This year it was early.  My friend wanted me to try smoking it-  I just couldn’t do it.  I may try it next time.  
     

    My Dad used to turn the oven off of after the high heat…he would have it on for an hour at 500- turn off the oven and keep it closed (tape it shut actually lol).  I like crust on it which it provides at a high heat…but slow and low is my principle with good cuts of meat. 
     

    I’ll share my cranberry recipe.  Nice combo with Turkey or Prime Rib IMO

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ★  New Year's Day   • GAMEDAY  •  meal today !  ★

    Start with deviled eggs topped with green Manzanillo olives  with a splash of Frank's Red Hot Sauce,   mmm-mmm. 

    At halftime two hotdogs with sauerkraut,  yellow mustard and a splash of Tabasco with Lay's chips .

    Tonight pork and sauerkraut with vegetables,   ummm-ummm. 

    • Happy New Year everyone • .

  • ★  New Year's Day   • GAMEDAY  •  meal today !  ★

    Start with deviled eggs topped with green Manzanillo olives  with a splash of Frank's Red Hot Sauce,   mmm-mmm. 

    At halftime two hotdogs with sauerkraut,  yellow mustard and a splash of Tabasco with Lay's chips .

    Tonight pork and sauerkraut with vegetables,   ummm-ummm. 

    • Happy New Year everyone • .

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Tonight pork and sauerkraut with vegetables,   ummm-ummm. 

    • Happy New Year everyone • .

    allways a main stay with are family but this year cooking a ham with homemade mac n cheese and of course beer for breakfast and just parlayed the jets and packers to win 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ★ The WEEK 18  Cleveland BROWNS at Pittsburgh steelers  pregame meal. ★

    My wife's really delicious homemade ham and triple bean soup with the great broth.

    Followed by a toasted cheese sandwich with Cheddar cheese and a slice of ham.  Ummm-ummm  !

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  ?   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

    ~ AND ~  My wife's homemade applesauce.  OMG the best ever from Gala and McIntosh apples .....  and I'm not really a big applesauce guy.   Mmm-mmm. 

  • ★ The WEEK 18  Cleveland BROWNS at Pittsburgh steelers  pregame meal. ★

    My wife's really delicious homemade ham and triple bean soup with the great broth.

    Followed by a toasted cheese sandwich with Cheddar cheese and a slice of ham.  Ummm-ummm  !

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  ?   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

    ~ AND ~  My wife's homemade applesauce.  OMG the best ever from Gala and McIntosh apples .....  and I'm not really a big applesauce guy.   Mmm-mmm. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    ★ The WEEK 18  Cleveland BROWNS at Pittsburgh steelers  pregame meal. ★

    My wife's really delicious homemade ham and triple bean soup with the great broth.

    Followed by a toasted cheese sandwich with Cheddar cheese and a slice of ham.  Ummm-ummm  !

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  ?   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

    ~ AND ~  My wife's homemade applesauce.  OMG the best ever from Gala and McIntosh apples .....  and I'm not really a big applesauce guy.   Mmm-mmm. 

    ah damn forgot to say we made a lentil soup with the leftover hambone Hell ya soup for all

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎. It's  Homemade Soup Time !   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

    Thanksgiving  -  Turkey Soup,  carrots, celery, onions, with our homegrown herbs in all soups, stews, casseroles.

    Christmas  -  Ham and  Bean Soup,  with three beans,  navy, lima and butter beans  and carrots,  celery, onions.

    Anytime  (like now) -  Chicken Noodle Soup  -  the Classic -  carrots,  celery, onions,  herbs  (potatoes optional)  

    ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎   Enjoy !   ❤️  ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

    We had our first bowl of  " CNS "  Chicken Noodle Soup yesterday   -and-   it only gets better each day.

    With some good Italian bread  (or your other favorite bread)  and butter and dip and enjoy.  

    It doesn't get any better than this.   Mmm-mmm.     😁

    SOCNewSoupBowlswithHands-ChickenNoodle_PSedit-1-ShopifyProductImages_1.jpg

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    Bologna cake:

    Food, Cuisine, Ingredient, Dessert, Sweetness, Dairy, Tableware, Frozen dessert, Dish, Recipe,

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    ^^^^   Now  that  looks goood,  mmm-mmm   some mustard and mayo !    ^^^^     😁

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    So, in case going out to a restaurant is on anyone's agenda for the big game...

    a group of us went to the Outback.

    There was really good. and really, really bad.

    The good - regular shrimp, steaks, potatoes/salads were really good. The dark brown bread they bring out, was terrific.

    Then, the Shrimp on the Barbie appetizer. Nasty - so much hot pepper on it, it ruined trying to eat the shrimp. I ate one, no one else wanted to try them.

    and the 4/5? shrimp were on a a flat piece of the dark brown bread. Well buttered. I tried a bit of it, thinking it to be like the bread they bring out first.

    Nope. The bread was disgusting. It had some kind of nasty, sick herbs? in the butter. It smelled bad...and tasted worse. One of our group also tried it - and she too, spit it out in a napkin.

       That bread smelled and tasted like....eh....maybe it was buttered with dirty possum? smelly salt.

      And, a couple of others had a relish in a side dish. It tasted very sweet, and pungent....and weird. Just really strange, and not in a good way.

      Not our cup of tea.