• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
For a Olympics Friday during Lent,
Lobster Pot Pie!
Interesting....have never seen that.
Interesting....have never seen that.
Oh I just mentioned that to the wife, she's made seafood pot pie for company from Ina Garten's recipe "The Barefoot Contessa", don't think we tried lobster pot pie....
.......but if you bring over a lobster she'll gladly make one for you.

-
@dutch-oven said:
Man they do have some killer chicken paprikash.... mmmmmm... and yes mjp, I get the sampler every time I go to Al's...
Big fan of Hopocan's for Barberton Chicken. Or Hodge's for a burger...
Geeezzz you guys are making me hungry! The wife's headed to Rulli's, great Youngstown area store less than 2 miles from our house.....time to add to the grocery list.
........oh my wife being Ukrainian and Hungarian makes a killer paprikash and Hungarian goulash from her dad's recipe, UMMMMMMM!
-
Next time you make it down Texas way I'll have to have you over for Elgin Sausage on the grill Mike. You can eat it like a hot dog or you can serve it solo with sides. Either way it's good sausage from Elgin, Texas. Served with a Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas and you're set to go back to Ohio with a smile. Nothin' better. All you have to do is take the straight shot up Tollway 130 about an hour from SA at 85-80 MPH (legal limits for that road with minimal traffic). Worth the tolls that they bill by license plate or windshield tag if your daughter has one. Be happy to entertain you and your family if they want to come along. Bill
Where in Texas are you again?
Where in Texas are you again?
Just N of Austin in the country near Sun City.
All those old bastards try to assassinate you on the roads and in the grocery aisles with their cars and their motorized scooters respectively.

-
Where in Texas are you again?
Just N of Austin in the country near Sun City.
All those old bastards try to assassinate you on the roads and in the grocery aisles with their cars and their motorized scooters respectively.

Just N of Austin in the country near Sun City.
All those old bastards try to assassinate you on the roads and in the grocery aisles with their cars and their motorized scooters respectively.

Unfortunately, I may end up living not all that far away from you when my wife retires. As you know my daughter lives in San Antonio....and though she is not officially engaged....it is more or less unofficial. Which means she is likely going to be living there for the long run. And I may not want to live too many more winters in the ice and snow, and since my son would likely be more transient (i.e. less settled in where he may end up)....the likely destination would be to be near her. While it may not be my first choice destination wise, being near family would be more of a priority. I want no part of Florida to live in. I might like Southern Calif....but my wife wants no part of there (cost of living). I may also like Arizona....somewhere near Sedona/Prescott. My brother and several friends live in that area...but, like I said "if" grandkids come along, proximity to them would be more of a priority...I guess. But I would not really want to live in SA proper I don't think. Hate to fight traffic. I am a bit familiar with Boerne. And with Fredericksburg.....though that may be a bit too far out, as would be Johnny Manziel City (Kerrville) and Bandera.
The biggest problem would be dealing with all the DATs.

-
Just N of Austin in the country near Sun City.
All those old bastards try to assassinate you on the roads and in the grocery aisles with their cars and their motorized scooters respectively.

Unfortunately, I may end up living not all that far away from you when my wife retires. As you know my daughter lives in San Antonio....and though she is not officially engaged....it is more or less unofficial. Which means she is likely going to be living there for the long run. And I may not want to live too many more winters in the ice and snow, and since my son would likely be more transient (i.e. less settled in where he may end up)....the likely destination would be to be near her. While it may not be my first choice destination wise, being near family would be more of a priority. I want no part of Florida to live in. I might like Southern Calif....but my wife wants no part of there (cost of living). I may also like Arizona....somewhere near Sedona/Prescott. My brother and several friends live in that area...but, like I said "if" grandkids come along, proximity to them would be more of a priority...I guess. But I would not really want to live in SA proper I don't think. Hate to fight traffic. I am a bit familiar with Boerne. And with Fredericksburg.....though that may be a bit too far out, as would be Johnny Manziel City (Kerrville) and Bandera.
The biggest problem would be dealing with all the DATs.

Unfortunately, I may end up living not all that far away from you when my wife retires. As you know my daughter lives in San Antonio....and though she is not officially engaged....it is more or less unofficial. Which means she is likely going to be living there for the long run. And I may not want to live too many more winters in the ice and snow, and since my son would likely be more transient (i.e. less settled in where he may end up)....the likely destination would be to be near her. While it may not be my first choice destination wise, being near family would be more of a priority. I want no part of Florida to live in. I might like Southern Calif....but my wife wants no part of there (cost of living). I may also like Arizona....somewhere near Sedona/Prescott. My brother and several friends live in that area...but, like I said "if" grandkids come along, proximity to them would be more of a priority...I guess. But I would not really want to live in SA proper I don't think. Hate to fight traffic. I am a bit familiar with Boerne. And with Fredericksburg.....though that may be a bit too far out, as would be Johnny Manziel City (Kerrville) and Bandera.
The biggest problem would be dealing with all the DATs.

Since the completion of Toll road 130 from Georgetown to I-10 just E of SA, it is a straight shot and legal 80-85 mph trip of about 1 hour into the heart of SA. This is a great place to live and since the inception of Sun City there are multiple independent living, nursing home care and memory care units now in existence all within minutes of Sun City. Plus experienced health care providers used to dealing with geriatric medicine/care. As we get older we have the assurance that there are plenty of experts here for the elderly. I turn 71 next month and all my grandparents lived from ages 86-98, so that is reassuring to know I have experienced professionals nearby as I approach 100. It's now a major factor for remaining right here for us or moving here when you retire Gip.
You are also invited to the same beer and sausage if you are down visiting your daughter like Mike does. Be happy to show you around particularly if you are looking for a home.
-
Unfortunately, I may end up living not all that far away from you when my wife retires. As you know my daughter lives in San Antonio....and though she is not officially engaged....it is more or less unofficial. Which means she is likely going to be living there for the long run. And I may not want to live too many more winters in the ice and snow, and since my son would likely be more transient (i.e. less settled in where he may end up)....the likely destination would be to be near her. While it may not be my first choice destination wise, being near family would be more of a priority. I want no part of Florida to live in. I might like Southern Calif....but my wife wants no part of there (cost of living). I may also like Arizona....somewhere near Sedona/Prescott. My brother and several friends live in that area...but, like I said "if" grandkids come along, proximity to them would be more of a priority...I guess. But I would not really want to live in SA proper I don't think. Hate to fight traffic. I am a bit familiar with Boerne. And with Fredericksburg.....though that may be a bit too far out, as would be Johnny Manziel City (Kerrville) and Bandera.
The biggest problem would be dealing with all the DATs.

Since the completion of Toll road 130 from Georgetown to I-10 just E of SA, it is a straight shot and legal 80-85 mph trip of about 1 hour into the heart of SA. This is a great place to live and since the inception of Sun City there are multiple independent living, nursing home care and memory care units now in existence all within minutes of Sun City. Plus experienced health care providers used to dealing with geriatric medicine/care. As we get older we have the assurance that there are plenty of experts here for the elderly. I turn 71 next month and all my grandparents lived from ages 86-98, so that is reassuring to know I have experienced professionals nearby as I approach 100. It's now a major factor for remaining right here for us or moving here when you retire Gip.
You are also invited to the same beer and sausage if you are down visiting your daughter like Mike does. Be happy to show you around particularly if you are looking for a home.
Since the completion of Toll road 130 from Georgetown to I-10 just E of SA, it is a straight shot and legal 80-85 mph trip of about 1 hour into the heart of SA. This is a great place to live and since the inception of Sun City there are multiple independent living, nursing home care and memory care units now in existence all within minutes of Sun City. Plus experienced health care providers used to dealing with geriatric medicine/care. As we get older we have the assurance that there are plenty of experts here for the elderly. I turn 71 next month and all my grandparents lived from ages 86-98, so that is reassuring to know I have experienced professionals nearby as I approach 100. It's now a major factor for remaining right here for us or moving here when you retire Gip.
You are also invited to the same beer and sausage if you are down visiting your daughter like Mike does. Be happy to show you around particularly if you are looking for a home.
He needs to buy a cowboy hat and boots before he moves there however. And he'll always be a 'damn yankee'. One of my best friends from the Navy is from Amarillo. He always wore the cowboy boots out on liberty. We were in Korea for a time and he bought some snake skin ones. I haven't heard from him for awhile. I think he lives near San Antonio.
-
Since the completion of Toll road 130 from Georgetown to I-10 just E of SA, it is a straight shot and legal 80-85 mph trip of about 1 hour into the heart of SA. This is a great place to live and since the inception of Sun City there are multiple independent living, nursing home care and memory care units now in existence all within minutes of Sun City. Plus experienced health care providers used to dealing with geriatric medicine/care. As we get older we have the assurance that there are plenty of experts here for the elderly. I turn 71 next month and all my grandparents lived from ages 86-98, so that is reassuring to know I have experienced professionals nearby as I approach 100. It's now a major factor for remaining right here for us or moving here when you retire Gip.
You are also invited to the same beer and sausage if you are down visiting your daughter like Mike does. Be happy to show you around particularly if you are looking for a home.
He needs to buy a cowboy hat and boots before he moves there however. And he'll always be a 'damn yankee'. One of my best friends from the Navy is from Amarillo. He always wore the cowboy boots out on liberty. We were in Korea for a time and he bought some snake skin ones. I haven't heard from him for awhile. I think he lives near San Antonio.
He needs to buy a cowboy hat and boots before he moves there however. And he'll always be a 'damn yankee'. One of my best friends from the Navy is from Amarillo. He always wore the cowboy boots out on liberty. We were in Korea for a time and he bought some snake skin ones. I haven't heard from him for awhile. I think he lives near San Antonio.
My brother is a REAL Cowboy. He has been a ranch hand, he has been an outfitter, he has owned ranches, he has sold ranches....and now he is actually a "college professor" (even though he has only a HS formal education plus Farrier school....who teaches "ranch techniques and horsemanship" The one thing he hates are phony fuyucking "urban" cowboys....who go around wearing the boots and the hat but who would not know a horse's arse from a horse's ears (notice how those two words are anagrams of each other
. )
So....no...in deference to the real thing...who are real professionals, I would never go around trying to look like a phony phucking cowboy.
-
He needs to buy a cowboy hat and boots before he moves there however. And he'll always be a 'damn yankee'. One of my best friends from the Navy is from Amarillo. He always wore the cowboy boots out on liberty. We were in Korea for a time and he bought some snake skin ones. I haven't heard from him for awhile. I think he lives near San Antonio.
My brother is a REAL Cowboy. He has been a ranch hand, he has been an outfitter, he has owned ranches, he has sold ranches....and now he is actually a "college professor" (even though he has only a HS formal education plus Farrier school....who teaches "ranch techniques and horsemanship" The one thing he hates are phony fuyucking "urban" cowboys....who go around wearing the boots and the hat but who would not know a horse's arse from a horse's ears (notice how those two words are anagrams of each other
. )
So....no...in deference to the real thing...who are real professionals, I would never go around trying to look like a phony phucking cowboy.
-
He needs to buy a cowboy hat and boots before he moves there however. And he'll always be a 'damn yankee'. One of my best friends from the Navy is from Amarillo. He always wore the cowboy boots out on liberty. We were in Korea for a time and he bought some snake skin ones. I haven't heard from him for awhile. I think he lives near San Antonio.
My brother is a REAL Cowboy. He has been a ranch hand, he has been an outfitter, he has owned ranches, he has sold ranches....and now he is actually a "college professor" (even though he has only a HS formal education plus Farrier school....who teaches "ranch techniques and horsemanship" The one thing he hates are phony fuyucking "urban" cowboys....who go around wearing the boots and the hat but who would not know a horse's arse from a horse's ears (notice how those two words are anagrams of each other
. )
So....no...in deference to the real thing...who are real professionals, I would never go around trying to look like a phony phucking cowboy.
My brother is a REAL Cowboy. He has been a ranch hand, he has been an outfitter, he has owned ranches, he has sold ranches....and now he is actually a "college professor" (even though he has only a HS formal education plus Farrier school....who teaches "ranch techniques and horsemanship" The one thing he hates are phony fuyucking "urban" cowboys....who go around wearing the boots and the hat but who would not know a horse's arse from a horse's ears (notice how those two words are anagrams of each other
. )
So....no...in deference to the real thing...who are real professionals, I would never go around trying to look like a phony phucking cowboy.
Real cowboy my butt.
-
Yeah, I did see that they are only open for lunch. Thanks.
Mike
Next time you make it down Texas way I'll have to have you over for Elgin Sausage on the grill Mike. You can eat it like a hot dog or you can serve it solo with sides. Either way it's good sausage from Elgin, Texas. Served with a Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas and you're set to go back to Ohio with a smile. Nothin' better. All you have to do is take the straight shot up Tollway 130 about an hour from SA at 85-80 MPH (legal limits for that road with minimal traffic). Worth the tolls that they bill by license plate or windshield tag if your daughter has one. Be happy to entertain you and your family if they want to come along. Bill
Next time you make it down Texas way I'll have to have you over for Elgin Sausage on the grill Mike. You can eat it like a hot dog or you can serve it solo with sides. Either way it's good sausage from Elgin, Texas. Served with a Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas and you're set to go back to Ohio with a smile. Nothin' better. All you have to do is take the straight shot up Tollway 130 about an hour from SA at 85-80 MPH (legal limits for that road with minimal traffic). Worth the tolls that they bill by license plate or windshield tag if your daughter has one. Be happy to entertain you and your family if they want to come along. Bill
Bill,
Right now, Shiner Bock is on sale here for $12.99 a 12 pack (6 packs still $8.99). I've bought all 4 12 packs they had 2 weeks running & headed back for more tomorrow!

BTW, just got (via USPS) my HEB order for Gebhardts & Adams chili powders. Will place an order soon with Penderys for some chilis.
Mike
-
My brother is a REAL Cowboy. He has been a ranch hand, he has been an outfitter, he has owned ranches, he has sold ranches....and now he is actually a "college professor" (even though he has only a HS formal education plus Farrier school....who teaches "ranch techniques and horsemanship" The one thing he hates are phony fuyucking "urban" cowboys....who go around wearing the boots and the hat but who would not know a horse's arse from a horse's ears (notice how those two words are anagrams of each other
. )
So....no...in deference to the real thing...who are real professionals, I would never go around trying to look like a phony phucking cowboy.
Real cowboy my butt.
Real cowboy my butt.
So you're into Brokeback Mountain huh?

-
Real cowboy my butt.
So you're into Brokeback Mountain huh?

So you're into Brokeback Mountain huh?

I think Gip is.
-
-
@dutch-oven said:
No way dude - he'll ask me to "Real cowboy his butt"... whatever that means.

Oh Geeezzzus.
-
You're a punk. You like to talk tough, but your a bitch. A fukcing punk who sat in Ohio his whole pathetic Shmucking life and did nothing.
-
Next time you make it down Texas way I'll have to have you over for Elgin Sausage on the grill Mike. You can eat it like a hot dog or you can serve it solo with sides. Either way it's good sausage from Elgin, Texas. Served with a Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas and you're set to go back to Ohio with a smile. Nothin' better. All you have to do is take the straight shot up Tollway 130 about an hour from SA at 85-80 MPH (legal limits for that road with minimal traffic). Worth the tolls that they bill by license plate or windshield tag if your daughter has one. Be happy to entertain you and your family if they want to come along. Bill
Bill,
Right now, Shiner Bock is on sale here for $12.99 a 12 pack (6 packs still $8.99). I've bought all 4 12 packs they had 2 weeks running & headed back for more tomorrow!

BTW, just got (via USPS) my HEB order for Gebhardts & Adams chili powders. Will place an order soon with Penderys for some chilis.
Mike
Bill,
Right now, Shiner Bock is on sale here for $12.99 a 12 pack (6 packs still $8.99). I've bought all 4 12 packs they had 2 weeks running & headed back for more tomorrow!

BTW, just got (via USPS) my HEB order for Gebhardts & Adams chili powders. Will place an order soon with Penderys for some chilis.
Mike
We have bought seasoning and rubs for many years many online like Emeril's now available everywhere like Walmart. You can even make them yourself at home.
Best with chicken but rubs for nearly everything.
-
Bill,
Right now, Shiner Bock is on sale here for $12.99 a 12 pack (6 packs still $8.99). I've bought all 4 12 packs they had 2 weeks running & headed back for more tomorrow!

BTW, just got (via USPS) my HEB order for Gebhardts & Adams chili powders. Will place an order soon with Penderys for some chilis.
Mike
We have bought seasoning and rubs for many years many online like Emeril's now available everywhere like Walmart. You can even make them yourself at home.
Best with chicken but rubs for nearly everything.
We have bought seasoning and rubs for many years many online like Emeril's now available everywhere like Walmart. You can even make them yourself at home.
Best with chicken but rubs for nearly everything.
I make all my own rubs. It started over 20 years ago when I, being less than pleased with store bought fried turkey rubs, started experimenting & developed a rub for deep fried turkey that's excellent & I never have to worry about it being "discontinued".
Mike
-
We have bought seasoning and rubs for many years many online like Emeril's now available everywhere like Walmart. You can even make them yourself at home.
Best with chicken but rubs for nearly everything.
I make all my own rubs. It started over 20 years ago when I, being less than pleased with store bought fried turkey rubs, started experimenting & developed a rub for deep fried turkey that's excellent & I never have to worry about it being "discontinued".
Mike
I make all my own rubs. It started over 20 years ago when I, being less than pleased with store bought fried turkey rubs, started experimenting & developed a rub for deep fried turkey that's excellent & I never have to worry about it being "discontinued".
Mike
You can even get the recipes for the "famous seasonings and rubs" on line and make them if you're interested. A jar is about $4.49 online.
One of our favorites from the food network https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/essence-rustic-rub-and-southwest-seasoning-3645476
Emeril's Southwest Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
-
For a Olympics Friday during Lent,
Lobster Pot Pie!
Interesting....have never seen that.
Interesting....have never seen that.
Euclid fish co. February special. Very tasty.
-
My brother is a REAL Cowboy. He has been a ranch hand, he has been an outfitter, he has owned ranches, he has sold ranches....and now he is actually a "college professor" (even though he has only a HS formal education plus Farrier school....who teaches "ranch techniques and horsemanship" The one thing he hates are phony fuyucking "urban" cowboys....who go around wearing the boots and the hat but who would not know a horse's arse from a horse's ears (notice how those two words are anagrams of each other
. )
So....no...in deference to the real thing...who are real professionals, I would never go around trying to look like a phony phucking cowboy.
Real cowboy my butt.
Real cowboy my butt.
You don't believe me that my brother has been a real cowboy?
In the early 80s he worked on the Y-O ranch in Kerrville Texas
In Cody Wyoming he owned 20 acres of his own ...and then leased another 1500 from the BLM. There he also worked for the Prince family on their huge ranch Harold and Estelle Prince parents of Eric Prince...Blackwater and Betsy DeVos).
In New Mexico...he negotiated the sale of ranch land to Ted Turner.
Now he manages the ranch for Deep Springs College
In fact, here he is on the college website:

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
