• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
Can I come ?
Sure! I'll make you a deal...You pay for your round trip flight over here & I'll pay for the "flights of beers"!
(over here, they serve "flights" of 4 different beers at many bars).
Mike
Sure! I'll make you a deal...You pay for your round trip flight over here & I'll pay for the "flights of beers"!
(over here, they serve "flights" of 4 different beers at many bars).
Mike
My kind of bar
-
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
-
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews!

-
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews!

Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews!

Funny story. Our Priest seldom drinks, but has attended the Draft Party every year. The 1st year, he asked for another beer & when I asked him if he had a preference, he said he really liked the stuff in the blue can. I still tease him about that (AND ask him if he wants to try the Old Leghumper), but I always make sure there's always Labatt's here for Father.
Mike
-
Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews!

Funny story. Our Priest seldom drinks, but has attended the Draft Party every year. The 1st year, he asked for another beer & when I asked him if he had a preference, he said he really liked the stuff in the blue can. I still tease him about that (AND ask him if he wants to try the Old Leghumper), but I always make sure there's always Labatt's here for Father.
Mike
Funny story. Our Priest seldom drinks, but has attended the Draft Party every year. The 1st year, he asked for another beer & when I asked him if he had a preference, he said he really liked the stuff in the blue can. I still tease him about that (AND ask him if he wants to try the Old Leghumper), but I always make sure there's always Labatt's here for Father.
Mike
Excellent plus the BROWNS can use all the help they can get.
-
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews!

-
-
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.
Mike
You must have Bud Light for the guys who need to say "Dilly, Dilly!" for each player the Browns draft. Besides I have stock in the company and someone keeps screwing up the stock market with his insanity. Need all the support I can get.

-
I am going to get some lunch at McDonalds. What should I get?
-
I am going to get some lunch at McDonalds. What should I get?
I am going to get some lunch at McDonalds. What should I get?
Directions to a good place to eat.

Nice to see you around again Gip.
-
I am going to get some lunch at McDonalds. What should I get?
Directions to a good place to eat.

Nice to see you around again Gip.
Directions to a good place to eat.

Nice to see you around again Gip.
I don't need directions. I have one of the best ethnic restaurants in NE Ohio just a couple of blocks away. (Al's Corner Restaurant....look it up). I have also have what....in some people's opinion some of the best fried chicken anywhere within walking distance. (look up Barberton Fried Chicken).
Plus, I could walk to Parasson's. Not the best Pizza around...but decent. And I have Mexican, Chinese, Greek, traditional American...plus many more....all withing walking distance or about a mile radius.
But....at how many can I get lunch for $5.00?
-
Directions to a good place to eat.

Nice to see you around again Gip.
I don't need directions. I have one of the best ethnic restaurants in NE Ohio just a couple of blocks away. (Al's Corner Restaurant....look it up). I have also have what....in some people's opinion some of the best fried chicken anywhere within walking distance. (look up Barberton Fried Chicken).
Plus, I could walk to Parasson's. Not the best Pizza around...but decent. And I have Mexican, Chinese, Greek, traditional American...plus many more....all withing walking distance or about a mile radius.
But....at how many can I get lunch for $5.00?
I don't need directions. I have one of the best ethnic restaurants in NE Ohio just a couple of blocks away. (Al's Corner Restaurant....look it up). I have also have what....in some people's opinion some of the best fried chicken anywhere within walking distance. (look up Barberton Fried Chicken).
Plus, I could walk to Parasson's. Not the best Pizza around...but decent. And I have Mexican, Chinese, Greek, traditional American...plus many more....all withing walking distance or about a mile radius.
But....at how many can I get lunch for $5.00?
I actually saw Al's in one of our earlier foodie threads, my idea of good reasonably priced food!
For the very occasional McDonald's trips I like fish sandwiches and fries. A lunch for $5 can be a challenge, maybe a BOGO deal?
-
Some good ethnic food:

I can walk one block from my office and get the best of this sort of ethnic food in Northeast Ohio:
https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1
I can walk one block from my office and get the best of this sort of ethnic food in Northeast Ohio:
https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1
Oh yeah, here it is.....
Lunch Specials$7.50 Includes bread and drink. -
I can walk one block from my office and get the best of this sort of ethnic food in Northeast Ohio:
https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1
Oh yeah, here it is.....
Lunch Specials$7.50 Includes bread and drink. -
I am well aware of it. The thing is....though the food is excellent.....it is fairly heavy. Almost too heavy for lunch which is why I don't go there as often as I would if they served the same food for dinner.
Out today's light lunch right after the Young & the Restless is soup and sandwiches, ham off the bone with cheese, lettuce mustard, mayonnaise on light Italian bread.

-
Few brat fans in here so sharing a lunch I had last week in a German pub in London.
Overly genrous in portion size, not even Jenna Jameson wants this much sausage
When I was stationed in Germany many moons ago, there was a little place right outside the main gate I used to buy a charbroiled Bratwurst, a little hard roll of bread and pomme frits (french fries). Really good.
-
@dutch-oven said:
Eh on Parasson's... Angie's isn't bad, but not exactly within (easy) walking distance for you in B'town...
So what is your Barberton Chicken of choice Gip? I'm a Hopocan Gardens guy myself.
Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's. As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same. But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best.
Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch? We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.
-
@dutch-oven said:
Eh on Parasson's... Angie's isn't bad, but not exactly within (easy) walking distance for you in B'town...
So what is your Barberton Chicken of choice Gip? I'm a Hopocan Gardens guy myself.
Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's. As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same. But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best.
Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch? We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.
Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's. As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same. But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best.
Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch? We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.
What? Dutch buying Gip a lunch? What a cheap bastard.

-
@dutch-oven said:
Stop distracting me from the fact that you still haven't made the Italian beef sandwiches!
There's a place down in Canton that makes them, supposed to be top-notch according to the Canton Repository.
I know I've been on the wife about it but she's still on this casserole kick (but some great meals and leftovers, ummmmm).
I will take pictures when we make it.....and make sure Gipper buys first!
-
@dutch-oven said:
Looking forward to the pics! I might have to try my hand at it too...
Chicago style done right is not an easy recipe like a traditional Philly Steak but worth it.....I haven't had one in years.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
