• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.
Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.
See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains.
Food like art, music, even different sports can be a bit subjective and vary a lot by region or points on the globe it makes life more interesting especially if you have an open mind about things.
There is nothing wrong with fast food restaurants or drive thrus for a quick economical meal I personally prefer to try different places plus I like to cook and my wife is an excellent cook and we have a very extensive cookbook collection. Often when our friends are invited for a meal they will bring more unusual books! (but we have enough!)
I also love sports and food and love to combine the two, nothing better than good food on gameday! Try something new once in awhile.

Food like art, music, even different sports can be a bit subjective and vary a lot by region or points on the globe it makes life more interesting especially if you have an open mind about things.
There is nothing wrong with fast food restaurants or drive thrus for a quick economical meal I personally prefer to try different places plus I like to cook and my wife is an excellent cook and we have a very extensive cookbook collection. Often when our friends are invited for a meal they will bring more unusual books! (but we have enough!)
I also love sports and food and love to combine the two, nothing better than good food on gameday! Try something new once in awhile.

It does seem that you obsess on food a bit. Maybe to my detriment I don't actually spend much time thinking about what I am going to eat. It is almost spur of the moment. And I eat what my wife puts down. I am not finicky.
-
I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.
Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.
See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains.
Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all. From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons. I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.
Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all. From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons. I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.
We aren't called the melting pot of the world for nothing inside of our 3,000 mile borders plus Alaska and beautiful Hawai'i.
There probably is no more diverse and delicious food anywhere else in our little world.
-
Food like art, music, even different sports can be a bit subjective and vary a lot by region or points on the globe it makes life more interesting especially if you have an open mind about things.
There is nothing wrong with fast food restaurants or drive thrus for a quick economical meal I personally prefer to try different places plus I like to cook and my wife is an excellent cook and we have a very extensive cookbook collection. Often when our friends are invited for a meal they will bring more unusual books! (but we have enough!)
I also love sports and food and love to combine the two, nothing better than good food on gameday! Try something new once in awhile.

It does seem that you obsess on food a bit. Maybe to my detriment I don't actually spend much time thinking about what I am going to eat. It is almost spur of the moment. And I eat what my wife puts down. I am not finicky.
It does seem that you obsess on food a bit. Maybe to my detriment I don't actually spend much time thinking about what I am going to eat. It is almost spur of the moment. And I eat what my wife puts down. I am not finicky.
Well I have been retired for a long time and my wife and I both love to cook and eat well.....big surprise you can eat well and very economically at home, but I also enjoy a great restaurant, I used to travel a lot.
I also have very many other interests in music, movies particularly TCM, sports naturally, finance (a hobby now) and a whole lot more.
We're back on monthly menus again, makes shopping and eating not boring at all.... Bon Appétit!
-
I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.
Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.
See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains.
Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all. From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons. I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.
Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all. From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons. I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.
Some languages have an unique word that does not exist in any other. In Spanish we have 'sobremesa' which refers to the time/moment when you stay talking (and drinking) after having lunch. We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). We don't eat a lot during the dinners in our daily basis.
In fast paced cities like Madrid or Barcelona, with office schedules and long times for commuting, it's more like America and the rest of Europe, with a short lunch and a main dinner.
-
Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all. From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons. I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.
Some languages have an unique word that does not exist in any other. In Spanish we have 'sobremesa' which refers to the time/moment when you stay talking (and drinking) after having lunch. We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). We don't eat a lot during the dinners in our daily basis.
In fast paced cities like Madrid or Barcelona, with office schedules and long times for commuting, it's more like America and the rest of Europe, with a short lunch and a main dinner.
Some languages have an unique word that does not exist in any other. In Spanish we have 'sobremesa' which refers to the time/moment when you stay talking (and drinking) after having lunch. We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). We don't eat a lot during the dinners in our daily basis.
In fast paced cities like Madrid or Barcelona, with office schedules and long times for commuting, it's more like America and the rest of Europe, with a short lunch and a main dinner.
Yea.....we gotta work, sorry. We can't spend 2-3 hours eating lunch...and then sleeping for another hour. (another Spanish term we don't have here: siesta).
-
Some languages have an unique word that does not exist in any other. In Spanish we have 'sobremesa' which refers to the time/moment when you stay talking (and drinking) after having lunch. We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). We don't eat a lot during the dinners in our daily basis.
In fast paced cities like Madrid or Barcelona, with office schedules and long times for commuting, it's more like America and the rest of Europe, with a short lunch and a main dinner.
Yea.....we gotta work, sorry. We can't spend 2-3 hours eating lunch...and then sleeping for another hour. (another Spanish term we don't have here: siesta).
Yea.....we gotta work, sorry. We can't spend 2-3 hours eating lunch...and then sleeping for another hour. (another Spanish term we don't have here: siesta).
It would be 'nap'. We don't spend 2-3 hours eating and 1 hour sleeping. I'm talking about family meetings.
-
Yea.....we gotta work, sorry. We can't spend 2-3 hours eating lunch...and then sleeping for another hour. (another Spanish term we don't have here: siesta).
It would be 'nap'. We don't spend 2-3 hours eating and 1 hour sleeping. I'm talking about family meetings.
-
Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all. From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons. I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.
Some languages have an unique word that does not exist in any other. In Spanish we have 'sobremesa' which refers to the time/moment when you stay talking (and drinking) after having lunch. We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). We don't eat a lot during the dinners in our daily basis.
In fast paced cities like Madrid or Barcelona, with office schedules and long times for commuting, it's more like America and the rest of Europe, with a short lunch and a main dinner.
-
Something I definitely approve of, the erosion of family life in London is the reason it is in the trouble it is in.
If it was just in London...
-
Something I definitely approve of, the erosion of family life in London is the reason it is in the trouble it is in.
If it was just in London...
-
I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for.
Its more than edible.
That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course
I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for.
Its more than edible.
It's my road trip staple...
Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...
-
-
I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for.
Its more than edible.
It's my road trip staple...
Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...
-
A McDouble w/ cheese is literally the perfect road sandwich and quite delicious to me.
I recently (without thinking) ordered a double cheeseburger at the drive up. When I pulled up to pay & questioned the price, I was told I should have ordered a McDouble (for 40 or 50 cents less)! The difference in the sandwiches?...ONE slice of cheese.

Mike
-
It’s called a double cheeseburger here and is always what I order, easily their best option.
-
@dutch-oven said:
All this talk of small burgers from McDonald's has me hungry for some Hamburger Station burgers... It's too bad there isn't many of them around anymore. (Akron area)
Never heard of it. Sure gets good reviews though, sort of a higher quality White Castle?
-
Well it's time!

-
@dutch-oven said:
All this talk of small burgers from McDonald's has me hungry for some Hamburger Station burgers... It's too bad there isn't many of them around anymore. (Akron area)
Ah, the descendent of Thacker's Hamburgers on E Market St in East Akron near where I lived when I was young. At Goodyear shift change time you couldn't get in the door. I haven't yet been to Hamburger Station, but I hear they're just like the old Thacker's.
Mike
-
I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for.
Its more than edible.
It's my road trip staple...
Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...
It's my road trip staple...
Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...
Yes and McDonald's finally did what America has been clamoring for for decades.....a reality TV star as president, no make that all day breakfast food!
When the wife is out running errands on the way home she'll occasionally stop, I like Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash browns and large coffee, when you're just too lazy to cook, oh yeah!

-
It's my road trip staple...
Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...
Yes and McDonald's finally did what America has been clamoring for for decades.....a reality TV star as president, no make that all day breakfast food!
When the wife is out running errands on the way home she'll occasionally stop, I like Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash browns and large coffee, when you're just too lazy to cook, oh yeah!

Yes and McDonald's finally did what America has been clamoring for for decades.....a reality TV star as president, no make that all day breakfast food!
When the wife is out running errands on the way home she'll occasionally stop, I like Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash browns and large coffee, when you're just too lazy to cook, oh yeah!

Ronald and Donald? Yes, the resemblance is uncanny.
But which one played Pennywise?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login