Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.7k 2
  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea.....we gotta work, sorry.  We can't spend 2-3 hours eating lunch...and then sleeping for another hour. (another Spanish term we don't have here:  siesta).  

    It would be 'nap'. We don't spend 2-3 hours eating and 1 hour sleeping. I'm talking about family meetings. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    It would be 'nap'. We don't spend 2-3 hours eating and 1 hour sleeping. I'm talking about family meetings. 

    Those take about 30 seconds here.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all.   From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons.    I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.  

    Some languages have an unique word that does not exist in any other. In Spanish we have 'sobremesa' which refers to the time/moment when you stay talking (and drinking) after having lunch. We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). We don't eat a lot during the dinners in our daily basis. 

    In fast paced cities like Madrid or Barcelona, with office schedules and long times for commuting, it's more like America and the rest of Europe, with a short lunch and a main dinner. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    @nero said:

    We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). 

    Something I definitely approve of, the erosion of family life in London is the reason it is in the trouble it is in.

  • @nero said:

    We give a lot of importance to lunch, more than many other places, and family meetings tend to be at lunch (we can stay talking for a long time in the sobremesa). 

    Something I definitely approve of, the erosion of family life in London is the reason it is in the trouble it is in.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Something I definitely approve of, the erosion of family life in London is the reason it is in the trouble it is in.

    If it was just in London...

  • @londonbrown said:

    Something I definitely approve of, the erosion of family life in London is the reason it is in the trouble it is in.

    If it was just in London...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    If it was just in London...

    Well....in some places the concept of "family" goes beyond your traditional..you wanna head to Miami Beach

  • I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible.

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

  • @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible.

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

    A McDouble w/ cheese is literally the perfect road sandwich and quite delicious to me. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

    A McDouble w/ cheese is literally the perfect road sandwich and quite delicious to me. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    A McDouble w/ cheese is literally the perfect road sandwich and quite delicious to me. 

    I recently (without thinking) ordered a double cheeseburger at the drive up. When I pulled up to pay & questioned the price, I was told I should have ordered a McDouble (for 40 or 50 cents less)! The difference in the sandwiches?...ONE slice of cheese.  🙄

    Mike

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    It’s called a double cheeseburger here and is always what I order, easily their best option. 

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    All this talk of small burgers from McDonald's has me hungry for some Hamburger Station burgers... It's too bad there isn't many of them around anymore. (Akron area)

    Never heard of it. Sure gets good reviews though, sort of a higher quality White Castle?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Well it's time!😛

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    All this talk of small burgers from McDonald's has me hungry for some Hamburger Station burgers... It's too bad there isn't many of them around anymore. (Akron area)

    Ah, the descendent of Thacker's Hamburgers on E Market St in East Akron near where I lived when I was young. At Goodyear shift change time you couldn't get in the door. I haven't yet been to Hamburger Station, but I hear they're just like the old Thacker's.

    Mike 

  • @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible.

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @tour2ma said:

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

    Yes and McDonald's finally did what America has been clamoring for for decades.....a reality TV star as president,  no make that all day breakfast food!

    When the wife is out running errands on the way home she'll occasionally stop,  I like Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash browns and large coffee, when you're just too lazy to cook, oh yeah!  🙂

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's my road trip staple...

    Egg McMuffin for Brkfst... McDouble any other time... both very travel friendly at 80 mph give or take...

    Yes and McDonald's finally did what America has been clamoring for for decades.....a reality TV star as president,  no make that all day breakfast food!

    When the wife is out running errands on the way home she'll occasionally stop,  I like Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash browns and large coffee, when you're just too lazy to cook, oh yeah!  🙂

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes and McDonald's finally did what America has been clamoring for for decades.....a reality TV star as president,  no make that all day breakfast food!

    When the wife is out running errands on the way home she'll occasionally stop,  I like Sausage McMuffin with egg, hash browns and large coffee, when you're just too lazy to cook, oh yeah!  🙂

    Ronald and Donald? Yes, the resemblance is uncanny.😛 But which one played Pennywise?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    All this talk of small burgers from McDonald's has me hungry for some Hamburger Station burgers... It's too bad there isn't many of them around anymore. (Akron area)

    No.....just   No.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    All this talk of small burgers from McDonald's has me hungry for some Hamburger Station burgers... It's too bad there isn't many of them around anymore. (Akron area)

    Never heard of it. Sure gets good reviews though, sort of a higher quality White Castle?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Never heard of it. Sure gets good reviews though, sort of a higher quality White Castle?

    More like a lower quality White Castle.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Oh we finally tried our local Jersey Mike's  Sandwich store, 1.6 miles from our house, small store front.

    I had the Philly Steak  $7.55 half, not bad nice amount of meat, got a Pastrami Reuben for tomorrow. 

    Wife had the Caesar Chicken Wrap $7.75 I thought it was quite tasty.  I guess it would be mjp GAMEDAY approved. 🙂

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Image result for royal castle hamburgers

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Had Jersey Mike's Italian, tasted like a more expensive Italian sub from Jimmy John's. 

    Another time, had a JM's Philly Steak... it was damn tasty!

    Wow did we just get some good coupons from Jersey Mike's yesterday :

    1 free sub no purchase, BOGO sub, buy 2 giants get 1 $1.99 (worth about  $11) and $2 off any......will be going back today! Maybe draft day also. 😛

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Had Jersey Mike's Italian, tasted like a more expensive Italian sub from Jimmy John's. 

    Another time, had a JM's Philly Steak... it was damn tasty!

    Wow did we just get some good coupons from Jersey Mike's yesterday :

    1 free sub no purchase, BOGO sub, buy 2 giants get 1 $1.99 (worth about  $11) and $2 off any......will be going back today! Maybe draft day also. 😛

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @mjp28 said:

    Wow did we just get some good coupons from Jersey Mike's yesterday :

    1 free sub no purchase, BOGO sub, buy 2 giants get 1 $1.99 (worth about  $11) and $2 off any......will be going back today! Maybe draft day also. 😛

    Today with FREE sub coupon - 2 subs, 2 chips, 1 brownie = $12.48.

    I had the #56 Big Kahana Cheesesteak ($7.95 FREE) - mushrooms, onions,  peppers,  jalapenos, extra cheese better than their Philly steak.

    Wife had the #8 Club Sub $7.95 - turkey,  ham, provolone, bacon plus fixins minus lettuce, I had two bites, fabulous. Better than Jimmy Johns!

    OMG 3 coupons left. 😁

    ......oh edit add, signed up for their online news, frequent emails with discount coupons.