• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
I assume that you are not familiar with the famous Orange Sheet-e that we consume at the tailgates:

They've changed the label a little since, but note "The Genuine". The real stuff from the island. Accept no cheap imitations or domestic knockoffs. I make an occasional restocking trip south of the border to Newport Kentucky to The Party Source- the supermarket of booze. Worth a stop if you're ever in the area. https://thepartysource.com/
They've changed the label a little since, but note "The Genuine". The real stuff from the island. Accept no cheap imitations or domestic knockoffs. I make an occasional restocking trip south of the border to Newport Kentucky to The Party Source- the supermarket of booze. Worth a stop if you're ever in the area. https://thepartysource.com/
I know zip about those tutti-frutti drinks. I'm an old steelworker boilermaker guy......whiskey and beer!
-
They've changed the label a little since, but note "The Genuine". The real stuff from the island. Accept no cheap imitations or domestic knockoffs. I make an occasional restocking trip south of the border to Newport Kentucky to The Party Source- the supermarket of booze. Worth a stop if you're ever in the area. https://thepartysource.com/
I know zip about those tutti-frutti drinks. I'm an old steelworker boilermaker guy......whiskey and beer!
I know zip about those tutti-frutti drinks. I'm an old steelworker boilermaker guy......whiskey and beer!
I can look out my window and see the Boilermakers Union Hall, AFL-CIO 900. I look right at it as I type. And two doors down, a beer joint. In between? A holistic medicine/smoothie/massage therapy shop. How did that get in there??!!
-
I swear this is the last cookbook I'll buy for a long time before I go into cookbook rehab. The Essential James Beard Cookbook: 450 Recipes That Shaped the Tradition of American Cooking, 400 pages and a really balanced selection of classic American food.
I also almost NEVER, EVER buy new but I get used hardback books in good or better condition I got the above book delivered to my house for less than $10 in like new condition with a dust cover.
It would be part of an essential or base cookbook collection, and some good GAMEDAY FOODS!
Biography
James Beard (1903-1985) was an American cookbook author, syndicated columnist, teacher, and television personality. Designated the "dean of American cookery" by the New York Times, Beard laid the foundations for generations of amateur and professional food enthusiasts. After publishing his first cookbook in 1940, Beard went on to host the NBC cooking show I Love to Eat. In 1955 he founded the James Beard Cooking School, where he taught for many years. Over the course of his career, Beard wrote countless cookbooks, including several seminal works, and he inspired and influenced chefs throughout the world. His legacy lives on through the James Beard Foundation, established in his honor to provide scholarships and awards recognizing excellence in the culinary arts. -
I swear this is the last cookbook I'll buy for a long time before I go into cookbook rehab. The Essential James Beard Cookbook: 450 Recipes That Shaped the Tradition of American Cooking, 400 pages and a really balanced selection of classic American food.
I also almost NEVER, EVER buy new but I get used hardback books in good or better condition I got the above book delivered to my house for less than $10 in like new condition with a dust cover.
It would be part of an essential or base cookbook collection, and some good GAMEDAY FOODS!
Biography
James Beard (1903-1985) was an American cookbook author, syndicated columnist, teacher, and television personality. Designated the "dean of American cookery" by the New York Times, Beard laid the foundations for generations of amateur and professional food enthusiasts. After publishing his first cookbook in 1940, Beard went on to host the NBC cooking show I Love to Eat. In 1955 he founded the James Beard Cooking School, where he taught for many years. Over the course of his career, Beard wrote countless cookbooks, including several seminal works, and he inspired and influenced chefs throughout the world. His legacy lives on through the James Beard Foundation, established in his honor to provide scholarships and awards recognizing excellence in the culinary arts.I swear this is the last cookbook I'll buy for a long time before I go into cookbook rehab. The Essential James Beard Cookbook: 450 Recipes That Shaped the Tradition of American Cooking, 400 pages and a really balanced selection of classic American food.
I also almost NEVER, EVER buy new but I get used hardback books in good or better condition I got the above book delivered to my house for less than $10 in like new condition with a dust cover.
It would be part of an essential or base cookbook collection, and some good GAMEDAY FOODS!
Biography
James Beard (1903-1985) was an American cookbook author, syndicated columnist, teacher, and television personality. Designated the "dean of American cookery" by the New York Times, Beard laid the foundations for generations of amateur and professional food enthusiasts. After publishing his first cookbook in 1940, Beard went on to host the NBC cooking show I Love to Eat. In 1955 he founded the James Beard Cooking School, where he taught for many years. Over the course of his career, Beard wrote countless cookbooks, including several seminal works, and he inspired and influenced chefs throughout the world. His legacy lives on through the James Beard Foundation, established in his honor to provide scholarships and awards recognizing excellence in the culinary arts.
-
-
I will have my favorite sipping rum ready to toast the victory or drown the sorrow. Might have a steak chaser ready for the coals. And if it's a really special win I'll break out a very good Cabernet from the wine fridge to go with that steak. And if we tromp 'em good I'll open a Bordeaux instead! Those take a lot longer to develop in the bottle.
-
Well Saturday's GameDay food is my new and best ever steak sandwich which comes with a side of decent fries from the Longhorn Steakhouse about 1.5 miles from our house.
The Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich $12.99 not cheap but delicious cut in half can make two nice snacks! Prime rib, mushrooms, onions, melted cheese, ummmmm.
Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich 1040 calories for you health nuts.
-
-
Well Saturday's GameDay food is my new and best ever steak sandwich which comes with a side of decent fries from the Longhorn Steakhouse about 1.5 miles from our house.
The Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich $12.99 not cheap but delicious cut in half can make two nice snacks! Prime rib, mushrooms, onions, melted cheese, ummmmm.
Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich 1040 calories for you health nuts.
Well Saturday's GameDay food is my new and best ever steak sandwich which comes with a side of decent fries from the Longhorn Steakhouse about 1.5 miles from our house.
The Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich $12.99 not cheap but delicious cut in half can make two nice snacks! Prime rib, mushrooms, onions, melted cheese, ummmmm.
Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich 1040 calories for you health nuts.
Have to try that.
-
I will have my favorite sipping rum ready to toast the victory or drown the sorrow. Might have a steak chaser ready for the coals. And if it's a really special win I'll break out a very good Cabernet from the wine fridge to go with that steak. And if we tromp 'em good I'll open a Bordeaux instead! Those take a lot longer to develop in the bottle.
I will have my favorite sipping rum ready to toast the victory or drown the sorrow. Might have a steak chaser ready for the coals. And if it's a really special win I'll break out a very good Cabernet from the wine fridge to go with that steak. And if we tromp 'em good I'll open a Bordeaux instead! Those take a lot longer to develop in the bottle.
I got my bottle of the good stuff you recommended.
-
-
@dutch-oven said:
That sounds strangely fantastic.
wanted to do something different i'll let you know
-
@dutch-oven said:
Man, I don't envy you. This is going to be crazy.
I have a feeling tailgating tomorrow is going to be nonexistent.
we got this liquid thc I bet it would be perfect for a tailgater in that kind of weather
-
@dutch-oven said:
Man, I don't envy you. This is going to be crazy.
I have a feeling tailgating tomorrow is going to be nonexistent.
we got this liquid thc I bet it would be perfect for a tailgater in that kind of weather
-
We'll have that in Ohio soon I would bet.
I remember it got voted down last time which btw was smart all shops should be independently owned
we also have a awesome ice cream's that have thc in it a fantastic way to finish off dinner and watch a game or a movie
-
-
@dutch-oven said:
This would have been a great day for chili.
On the grill? But my wife would get all wet.
Hey Dutch I will have a few more select recipes coming soon, we just painted the whole first floor and are redoing our dining room, kitchen and massive cookbook collection......look out!
-
-
woke up to the buck & 31 grand slam breakfast special..Fried bologna, egg & damn were out of cheese.. the V8 bloody Sunday specials are flowing well..
woke up to the buck & 31 grand slam breakfast special..Fried bologna, egg & damn were out of cheese.. the V8 bloody Sunday specials are flowing well..
Oh god we had fried bologna with melted provolone on Italian bread, dill pickles and black olives for a late dinner yesterday......it was so good. Hadn't had it in a long time, sometimes simple is good, with the accompanying condiments, dishes and bread. Yum.
-
woke up to the buck & 31 grand slam breakfast special..Fried bologna, egg & damn were out of cheese.. the V8 bloody Sunday specials are flowing well..
Oh god we had fried bologna with melted provolone on Italian bread, dill pickles and black olives for a late dinner yesterday......it was so good. Hadn't had it in a long time, sometimes simple is good, with the accompanying condiments, dishes and bread. Yum.
Oh god we had fried bologna with melted provolone on Italian bread, dill pickles and black olives for a late dinner yesterday......it was so good. Hadn't had it in a long time, sometimes simple is good, with the accompanying condiments, dishes and bread. Yum.
Just finished off raw mushrooms and mini-carrots with dill dip.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

