Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.5k 2
  • Dry scallops wrapped in bacon and air fried. Great game day munchies and real simple. Rinse your scallops good, dry, wrap a bacon slice around it and hold with a toothpick. You can fry, broil or bake. Enjoy✈️

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Dry scallops wrapped in bacon and air fried. Great game day munchies and real simple. Rinse your scallops good, dry, wrap a bacon slice around it and hold with a toothpick. You can fry, broil or bake. Enjoy✈️

    "Wrapped in bacon"......  one of the basic food groups (true story) recently replacing vegetables.

    We used to have a decades long baseball club at a local bar in Girard, would go to the 422 on the strip in Niles, Ohio with about 120 GUYS for a streak dinner. The owners said we ate more chicken livers wrapped in bacon than any group in history. Ummmmmm chicken livers in bacon.  I'm going to include receipes soon.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I had a ham and cheese Hot Pocket, because I'm classy as Shmuck...  

    i allways burn those

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I had a ham and cheese Hot Pocket, because I'm classy as Shmuck...  

    i allways burn those

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @atom said:

    i allways burn those

    You're going to make someone a wonderful wife someday. 😆

    Seriously though if you want some nice GAMEDAY or just everyday meals this is the place. The wife (a scratch cook) and I also have a big cookbook collection.....yes I'm wierd. Grilling, easy or even gourmet occasionally you should find it here.

  • @atom said:

    i allways burn those

    You're going to make someone a wonderful wife someday. 😆

    Seriously though if you want some nice GAMEDAY or just everyday meals this is the place. The wife (a scratch cook) and I also have a big cookbook collection.....yes I'm wierd. Grilling, easy or even gourmet occasionally you should find it here.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    You're going to make someone a wonderful wife someday. 😆

    Seriously though if you want some nice GAMEDAY or just everyday meals this is the place. The wife (a scratch cook) and I also have a big cookbook collection.....yes I'm wierd. Grilling, easy or even gourmet occasionally you should find it here.

    bro it's me syd and i was trying to be a smart butt I hate hot pockets

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Luckily I don't read the fine print....lol.

  • Luckily I don't read the fine print....lol.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Luckily I don't read the fine print....lol.

    ha i cook on the fly

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    With the weather this year we had a bumper crop of my wife's herbs, we would cut them back and they kept growing back. We were giving whole branches and even a few plants away to anyone who wanted them. Now on to Saturday's GAMEDAY MEAL with a few leftovers for today.

    The wife got chicken thighs, skinned them, dried thouroughly, dipped in a Grey Poupon mustard and melted butter dip, coated in panko breadding, added more dip on top to get crunchy and just enough of her homemade and dried herbs......in the oven about 35 minutes. Fantastic!  (May do recipe if anyone is interested.)

    She made a risotto with a creamed asparagus and herb mix. (She makes her own herb mixes out of various combinations like the store bought rubs. And not a fortune!) Now I'm not a big rice guy but it was great!

    Her oven roasted carrots as a side, always good. Apple pie ala mode for desert.

    Chicken thighs and risotto tonight's snack. Ummmmmm.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Basic deliciousness for me today. Two beautifully marbled beef chuck into the Instant Pot, 1 cup of double strength beef broth made from Minors beef paste, teaspoon of thyme, teaspoon of rosemary, teaspoon of onion powder and S&P. 55 minutes to fall apart tender and savory 🙂 I LOVE my instant pot

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    .... not even the mighty lentil could save Hue's job today.  

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

  • Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    Ahhhhh yes a meat and potatoes guy, that plus sandwiches and pizza used to be my staple diet.

    I will say my wife has me eating better and smarter, not bad especially since she offically retired this year. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    Highly recommend some of the "rounds" from this Stonewall, Texas chocolate company which works with Venezuela producers who make some of the best chocolate in the world. This stuff is very high quality and will sooth the losses almost as much as Venezuelan rum. Taken together you will be in heaven (well maybe if you add in one of those multiple Venezuelan Miss Universe winners anyway).??

    https://chocolates-elrey.com/shop/retail?p=2

  • Basic deliciousness for me today. Two beautifully marbled beef chuck into the Instant Pot, 1 cup of double strength beef broth made from Minors beef paste, teaspoon of thyme, teaspoon of rosemary, teaspoon of onion powder and S&P. 55 minutes to fall apart tender and savory 🙂 I LOVE my instant pot

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Basic deliciousness for me today. Two beautifully marbled beef chuck into the Instant Pot, 1 cup of double strength beef broth made from Minors beef paste, teaspoon of thyme, teaspoon of rosemary, teaspoon of onion powder and S&P. 55 minutes to fall apart tender and savory 🙂 I LOVE my instant pot

    Instant pot or like my mom's old fashioned pressure cookers can work wonders.....and there were 8 of us. Her pressure cooker was going in our house very often especially turning one of my old favorites "slab of meat" into really good roast beef, oh so tender. 😛

  • Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @claretbrown said:

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    No that would be drinking a mint julep with it, not on it.??

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @claretbrown said:

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    I would have put mint sauce on the cabbage if I had any at the time ?

  • @claretbrown said:

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    I would have put mint sauce on the cabbage if I had any at the time ?

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    I would have put mint sauce on the cabbage if I had any at the time ?

    Ooooohhhhh jeeeeesus ?

  • Highly recommend some of the "rounds" from this Stonewall, Texas chocolate company which works with Venezuela producers who make some of the best chocolate in the world. This stuff is very high quality and will sooth the losses almost as much as Venezuelan rum. Taken together you will be in heaven (well maybe if you add in one of those multiple Venezuelan Miss Universe winners anyway).??

    https://chocolates-elrey.com/shop/retail?p=2

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Highly recommend some of the "rounds" from this Stonewall, Texas chocolate company which works with Venezuela producers who make some of the best chocolate in the world. This stuff is very high quality and will sooth the losses almost as much as Venezuelan rum. Taken together you will be in heaven (well maybe if you add in one of those multiple Venezuelan Miss Universe winners anyway).??

    https://chocolates-elrey.com/shop/retail?p=2

    Are you a Venezuelan spy?

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

    F8C4669F-DA69-40CB-ABC6-B2137A932B09.jpeg

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @claretbrown said:

    Yorkshires with chicken??...you'll be pouring mint sauce on it next!! ?

    Must be a southern thing ?

    Sorry, but this doesn't look very appealing.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Highly recommend some of the "rounds" from this Stonewall, Texas chocolate company which works with Venezuela producers who make some of the best chocolate in the world. This stuff is very high quality and will sooth the losses almost as much as Venezuelan rum. Taken together you will be in heaven (well maybe if you add in one of those multiple Venezuelan Miss Universe winners anyway).??

    https://chocolates-elrey.com/shop/retail?p=2

    Are you a Venezuelan spy?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Are you a Venezuelan spy?

    Yep-recruited when I was 13 in the town of Moron (that means brown, not idiot).? But she was worth the price.?