Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.5k 2
  • @westside-steve said:

    No City Barbecue is actually on West Market Street like I said.

    WSS

    Oh, OK, I thought you meant  Old Carolina.

    I have never been to City BBQ....didn't even know about it..  How is it?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh, OK, I thought you meant  Old Carolina.

    I have never been to City BBQ....didn't even know about it..  How is it?

    Excellent.

    WSS

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Since we are still in the sports dead zone until March Madness, MLB and yes NFL and NCAA football kicks back in gear but I'm always looking for GAMEDAY or even just EVERYDAY meals.

    We had pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn for supper -but- only a half pack of panko bread crumbs and a full box of regular seasoned bread crumbs so the wife mixed them.......came out pretty good, maybe better than either. 

    Like the old saying "necessity is the mother of invention"........and might taste good too. 🙂 

  • Since we are still in the sports dead zone until March Madness, MLB and yes NFL and NCAA football kicks back in gear but I'm always looking for GAMEDAY or even just EVERYDAY meals.

    We had pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn for supper -but- only a half pack of panko bread crumbs and a full box of regular seasoned bread crumbs so the wife mixed them.......came out pretty good, maybe better than either. 

    Like the old saying "necessity is the mother of invention"........and might taste good too. 🙂 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Since we are still in the sports dead zone until March Madness, MLB and yes NFL and NCAA football kicks back in gear but I'm always looking for GAMEDAY or even just EVERYDAY meals.

    We had pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn for supper -but- only a half pack of panko bread crumbs and a full box of regular seasoned bread crumbs so the wife mixed them.......came out pretty good, maybe better than either. 

    Like the old saying "necessity is the mother of invention"........and might taste good too. 🙂 

    I had leftover chicken meat from all parts of the chicken and run through a food processor, then added Miracle Whip and threw it between two slices of wheat bread. Think I'll have some more of that leftover Auslese as a chaser.?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Today St. Patrick's Day we had a variation of a to-cheese or hot ham and cheese sandwich:

    Some really good chipped corn beef with some creamy mild Kerry Irish swiss cheese on Jewish rye cooked on our stove grill pan pressed to finish came out delicious!

    Add some French's yellow mustard and mayo, tater tots for a change and green & black olives......nice lunch!

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Used my new air fryer as a shawarma spit. Added some Greek salad and a Turkish cucumber salad. 

    0C6220AB-97B8-4EB0-901C-C22863521238.jpeg

    9D151C64-3585-4010-96FE-98A21338C019.jpeg

    E3AFD67D-18B4-4F13-9FAD-1EC71C33AB67.jpeg

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    That looks beautiful jcam. 

    I might have licked my laptop screen. 

    Don't judge me. 

    I reserve that activity for the cheerleader thread.

    Don't judge me until you hit 72. ?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That looks beautiful jcam. 

    I might have licked my laptop screen. 

    Don't judge me. 

    I reserve that activity for the cheerleader thread.

    Don't judge me until you hit 72. ?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    @texasag1969 said:

    I reserve that activity for the cheerleader thread.

    Don't judge me until you hit 72. ?

    Ok, you ol' pervert...I'M 72, so consider yourself judged!!  😛😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I reserve that activity for the cheerleader thread.

    Don't judge me until you hit 72. ?

    Ok, you ol' pervert...I'M 72, so consider yourself judged!!  😛😆

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    Ok, you ol' pervert...I'M 72, so consider yourself judged!!  😛😆

    Ah, thanks you for the endorsement in that case my fellow ol' pervert.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I reserve that activity for the cheerleader thread.

    Don't judge me until you hit 72. ?

    Ok, you ol' pervert...I'M 72, so consider yourself judged!!  😛😆

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    Ok, you ol' pervert...I'M 72, so consider yourself judged!!  😛😆

    Lol I probably licked my first laptop cheerleader at 22 guess that makes me an ultra perve HAHA

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    That looks beautiful jcam. 

    I might have licked my laptop screen. 

    Don't judge me. 

    Thanks Dutch, I love cooking. Have been working on my food presentation skills. I’ve got it in my mind food is in my semi retirement plan hopefully sooner than later lol

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    PIZZA ~~~~~~ FOOTBALL ~~~~~~ GAMEDAY FOOD! Not busy this weekend?  (It's less than 2 miles from my house.)

    Screenshot_2019-03-19-17-59-19.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-19-18-00-24.png

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

    Retirement cooking is nice.  😁

  • We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

    Retirement cooking is nice.  😁

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

    Retirement cooking is nice.  😁

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

  • @mjp28 said:

    We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

    Retirement cooking is nice.  😁

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

    Goes together great.  Ya'll never had a tuna melt?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

    Goes together great.  Ya'll never had a tuna melt?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Goes together great.  Ya'll never had a tuna melt?

    I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Goes great with some Freedom Fries.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Goes together great.  Ya'll never had a tuna melt?

    I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

    It has it's place on a hamburger. Or a grilled cheese. Velveeta is another story, may agree with you there. Though I do have one nacho dip recipe that calls for it.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    I ate a ham sandwich, a banana, and a piece of coffee cake while watching the NCAA's yesterday.  And I drank some Dasani water.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Goes together great.  Ya'll never had a tuna melt?

    I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

    Actually that oooey goooey American or Velveeta cheese does have it's spots because it does melt well like in grilled cheese sandwiches and melts.

    BUT I haven't decided yet, we have provolone, mozzarella, pepper jack and some Irish Kerry Gold swiss cheese in the refrigerator.

    ..........might be a gametime decision real soon!  😛

  • @mjp28 said:

    We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

    Retirement cooking is nice.  😁

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @texasag1969 said:

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

    And actually my wife wanted to make a tuna patty recipe with eggs, celery, onions, bread crumbs fried about 3 minutes per side then cheese if desired.

    I wanted cold tuna out of the can with mayo and onion then melted cheese on Jewish rye.....hey 100,000,000 cats can't be all wrong!