Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • I ate a ham sandwich, a banana, and a piece of coffee cake while watching the NCAA's yesterday.  And I drank some Dasani water.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I ate a ham sandwich, a banana, and a piece of coffee cake while watching the NCAA's yesterday.  And I drank some Dasani water.

    I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

    Damn Belmont let me down.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I ate a ham sandwich, a banana, and a piece of coffee cake while watching the NCAA's yesterday.  And I drank some Dasani water.

    I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

    Damn Belmont let me down.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

    Damn Belmont let me down.  

    What was wrong with that booze?

  • @hoorta said:

    I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

    Damn Belmont let me down.  

    What was wrong with that booze?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @the-gipper said:

    What was wrong with that booze?

    Absolutely nothing, it's primarily a wine event, if that's what you mean. Part of it was being responsible on my part having to drive the 12 miles home, and limiting my consumption over an extended period. One of the hosts is a doctor, and he makes sure everyone leaving is capable of driving before he lets them out the door. 

    BTW, one of the guys forced me to take a sip of a bloody mary made with ultra hot pepper Dayton vodka. My mouth was on fire, and I couldn't taste anything else for around 20 minutes until the burn subsided. And I'm not averse to occasional habanero stuff- and this was way hotter. EDIT: No wonder- I found out today Gene put a chocolate carolina reaper pepper in the bottle- that sucker is in contention for the hottest pepper in the world. At least 4X hotter than any habanero. 

    Plus, it was fresh in my mind we had a St. Patrick's Day triple fatality on I-75 involving a wrong way crash where the perpetrator had beer foaming out of their mouth post crash. Of course, they survived, and the people they hit didn't.  🙁  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I ate a ham sandwich, a banana, and a piece of coffee cake while watching the NCAA's yesterday.  And I drank some Dasani water.

    I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

    Damn Belmont let me down.  

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

    Damn Belmont let me down.  

    Haven't been to a pig roast since Hawaii.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  ?

    And actually my wife wanted to make a tuna patty recipe with eggs, celery, onions, bread crumbs fried about 3 minutes per side then cheese if desired.

    I wanted cold tuna out of the can with mayo and onion then melted cheese on Jewish rye.....hey 100,000,000 cats can't be all wrong!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    And actually my wife wanted to make a tuna patty recipe with eggs, celery, onions, bread crumbs fried about 3 minutes per side then cheese if desired.

    I wanted cold tuna out of the can with mayo and onion then melted cheese on Jewish rye.....hey 100,000,000 cats can't be all wrong!

    Yes cats eat such delicacies as day old poop dried into anal area fur too.?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

  • Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    Cheddar. I love a good, sharp cheddar & use it in place of American.

    Mike

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

    I love cheese!!  But my wife despite her good eating habits has an inherited cholosteral issue and has to watch how much she eats.

    And a GAMEDAY food idea we occasionally get a three cheese mix for pasta parmesan, asiago, romamo on pasta.......ummmmmm.

    I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

    And cheddar, pepper jack, cojack, colby, swiss on and on........  😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

    I love cheese!!  But my wife despite her good eating habits has an inherited cholosteral issue and has to watch how much she eats.

    And a GAMEDAY food idea we occasionally get a three cheese mix for pasta parmesan, asiago, romamo on pasta.......ummmmmm.

    I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

    And cheddar, pepper jack, cojack, colby, swiss on and on........  😉

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

    You should try that with slightly fried pepperoni. Yum!

    Or just lay it over the top of pepperoni on a handmade pizza rolled out and bake.?

    Or just go to Pizzza Hut.??

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Hate cheddar.  Nothing an oily goo.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! ?

    I understand. I take what they got. But now Bar-B-Q and authentic Mexican food, we got you there.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I bet! I'm curious how Texas BBQ differs from other types of regional BBQ? And I bet the Mexican food is phenomenal down there.

    The secret is in the various BBQ sauces IMO. My son has a friend from HS who had full training as a chef and he has developed a really excellent sauce for his all day smoking and he makes a cream corn out of BBQ corn that has very little cream and rivals anyone's potato salad. The meat just falls off his ribs and melts in your mouth. I have never liked cream corn, but his is absolutely exceptional.

    As to Mexican food their country is like ours with various kinds of foods coming from different regions of the country. I lot of different kinds to try here just like BBQs.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! ?

    Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! ?

    Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

    I won't go to Pizza Gut even in an emergency. Pappa John's is right behind in the lousy pizza world. MHO is Domino's is at least tolerable from the national brands.

    We have at least 10 local places better than either.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Wow did we just get some good coupons from Jersey Mike's yesterday :

    1 free sub no purchase, BOGO sub, buy 2 giants get 1 $1.99 (worth about  $11) and $2 off any......will be going back today! Maybe draft day also. 😛

    Today with FREE sub coupon - 2 subs, 2 chips, 1 brownie = $12.48.

    I had the #56 Big Kahana Cheesesteak ($7.95 FREE) - mushrooms, onions,  peppers,  jalapenos, extra cheese better than their Philly steak.

    Wife had the #8 Club Sub $7.95 - turkey,  ham, provolone, bacon plus fixins minus lettuce, I had two bites, fabulous. Better than Jimmy Johns!

    OMG 3 coupons left. 😁

    ......oh edit add, signed up for their online news, frequent emails with discount coupons. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @mjp28 said:

    Today with FREE sub coupon - 2 subs, 2 chips, 1 brownie = $12.48.

    I had the #56 Big Kahana Cheesesteak ($7.95 FREE) - mushrooms, onions,  peppers,  jalapenos, extra cheese better than their Philly steak.

    Wife had the #8 Club Sub $7.95 - turkey,  ham, provolone, bacon plus fixins minus lettuce, I had two bites, fabulous. Better than Jimmy Johns!

    OMG 3 coupons left. 😁

    Happy National CheeseSteak Day gents !!..fight for yourselves, De-lish-emo'!!  MlaO.gif Pepper Jack Cheese, please !   

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    Love that big kahoma grilled Philly sub.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

  • Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

    So how do those things work and what kind of clean up do they require?