Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

  • Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    Cheddar. I love a good, sharp cheddar & use it in place of American.

    Mike

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

    I love cheese!!  But my wife despite her good eating habits has an inherited cholosteral issue and has to watch how much she eats.

    And a GAMEDAY food idea we occasionally get a three cheese mix for pasta parmesan, asiago, romamo on pasta.......ummmmmm.

    I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

    And cheddar, pepper jack, cojack, colby, swiss on and on........  😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

    I love cheese!!  But my wife despite her good eating habits has an inherited cholosteral issue and has to watch how much she eats.

    And a GAMEDAY food idea we occasionally get a three cheese mix for pasta parmesan, asiago, romamo on pasta.......ummmmmm.

    I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

    And cheddar, pepper jack, cojack, colby, swiss on and on........  😉

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

    You should try that with slightly fried pepperoni. Yum!

    Or just lay it over the top of pepperoni on a handmade pizza rolled out and bake.?

    Or just go to Pizzza Hut.??

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Hate cheddar.  Nothing an oily goo.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! ?

    I understand. I take what they got. But now Bar-B-Q and authentic Mexican food, we got you there.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I bet! I'm curious how Texas BBQ differs from other types of regional BBQ? And I bet the Mexican food is phenomenal down there.

    The secret is in the various BBQ sauces IMO. My son has a friend from HS who had full training as a chef and he has developed a really excellent sauce for his all day smoking and he makes a cream corn out of BBQ corn that has very little cream and rivals anyone's potato salad. The meat just falls off his ribs and melts in your mouth. I have never liked cream corn, but his is absolutely exceptional.

    As to Mexican food their country is like ours with various kinds of foods coming from different regions of the country. I lot of different kinds to try here just like BBQs.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! ?

    Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! ?

    Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

    Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

    I won't go to Pizza Gut even in an emergency. Pappa John's is right behind in the lousy pizza world. MHO is Domino's is at least tolerable from the national brands.

    We have at least 10 local places better than either.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Wow did we just get some good coupons from Jersey Mike's yesterday :

    1 free sub no purchase, BOGO sub, buy 2 giants get 1 $1.99 (worth about  $11) and $2 off any......will be going back today! Maybe draft day also. 😛

    Today with FREE sub coupon - 2 subs, 2 chips, 1 brownie = $12.48.

    I had the #56 Big Kahana Cheesesteak ($7.95 FREE) - mushrooms, onions,  peppers,  jalapenos, extra cheese better than their Philly steak.

    Wife had the #8 Club Sub $7.95 - turkey,  ham, provolone, bacon plus fixins minus lettuce, I had two bites, fabulous. Better than Jimmy Johns!

    OMG 3 coupons left. 😁

    ......oh edit add, signed up for their online news, frequent emails with discount coupons. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @mjp28 said:

    Today with FREE sub coupon - 2 subs, 2 chips, 1 brownie = $12.48.

    I had the #56 Big Kahana Cheesesteak ($7.95 FREE) - mushrooms, onions,  peppers,  jalapenos, extra cheese better than their Philly steak.

    Wife had the #8 Club Sub $7.95 - turkey,  ham, provolone, bacon plus fixins minus lettuce, I had two bites, fabulous. Better than Jimmy Johns!

    OMG 3 coupons left. 😁

    Happy National CheeseSteak Day gents !!..fight for yourselves, De-lish-emo'!!  MlaO.gif Pepper Jack Cheese, please !   

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    Love that big kahoma grilled Philly sub.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

  • Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

    So how do those things work and what kind of clean up do they require?

  • @jcam222 said:

    Gameday practice, very spicy dry rubbed jalapeno chipotle wings cooked in the air fryer with a side of homemade sweet Alabama white sauce. Friday night munchies. Next up is Sundays dinner. Dry rubbed crispy pork skin with a roasted jalapeno relish, sweet and sour Brussels sprouts w/ homemade bacon and lastly a keto version of smoked Gouda cheesy grits. Yum yum. 

    wings1.jpg

    belly2.jpg

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    so how about a recipe?  I just picked up an air fryer and wouldn't mind trying this.

    For the wings first dry them REALLY good. Once dry rub them good with a mix of 

    • 1/2 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
    • 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
    • 1 tsp granulated garlic
    • 1/2 Tbsp baking POWDER (NOT baking SODA, it's not the same)
    • 1 tsp of chipotle powder
    • etc etc 🙂 tailor it to flavors you like, add some brown sugar if you like that bbq chip taste

    The key is drying them well and including the baking powder. After rubbed let them sit a  good 20 minutes. Put them on the racks in the fryer @ 400F for 22 minutes. 

    The sauce I make so often when I grill chicken I dont even pay much attention. Essentially do a 1/2 cup of mayo, a good size splash or two of white vinegar, course black pepper, tbsn or so of minced garlic and a sweetener of your choice to taste. Its awesome on all grilled / fried chicken. 

    Pork belly I did in the Instant Pot to tender. Drained and cooled, sliced into strips. Rubbed the strips with a rub similar to the one above. 20 minutes on the rack at 400F to crisp the outer fat and rehead meat. Delicious. I love fatty succulent pork belly. 

    Hope that helped, I am not overall a recipe cook so hard to pass along sometimes. 🙂

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Thanks!  Will try this.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    A little smoker food porn while we wait on draft picks. This is from a 17 lb. beef chuck clod I smoked today after I finished 20 lbs. of Canadian bacon. This is a bargain cut of meat for around $3 a lb. Will be doing a lot of this for away games this year hosting friends. 

    Pics show a few slices, some shredded with smokey au jus , burnt ends and the whole shoulder clod split in two. 

    slices.jpg

    pulled.jpg

    ends.jpg

    whole 1.jpg

  • A little smoker food porn while we wait on draft picks. This is from a 17 lb. beef chuck clod I smoked today after I finished 20 lbs. of Canadian bacon. This is a bargain cut of meat for around $3 a lb. Will be doing a lot of this for away games this year hosting friends. 

    Pics show a few slices, some shredded with smokey au jus , burnt ends and the whole shoulder clod split in two. 

    slices.jpg

    pulled.jpg

    ends.jpg

    whole 1.jpg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    A little smoker food porn while we wait on draft picks. This is from a 17 lb. beef chuck clod I smoked today after I finished 20 lbs. of Canadian bacon. This is a bargain cut of meat for around $3 a lb. Will be doing a lot of this for away games this year hosting friends. 

    Pics show a few slices, some shredded with smokey au jus , burnt ends and the whole shoulder clod split in two. 

    slices.jpg

    pulled.jpg

    ends.jpg

    whole 1.jpg

    Man nothing like good old cancer causing, heart clogging BBQ!! Yum!!?☠️?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Back to the top for the wine aficionados here. I got this sign in Mystic Seaport in a small frame for my library. Spouse approved.??

    "Men are like a fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with"