Skip to content

Can we just do this?

The Browns Board
81 20 2.7k
  • Darnold from the games I have watched  has no business being a top pick go for a vet offer cousins everything he wants plus 10 Sheet give him a pct of ownership of the team 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Darnold/Mayfield and Barkley would be a great way to get both our front office AND coaching staff canned.   So if that's your thing then by all means....

    True. we should trade down again and pick another TE and safety. Shmuck QB anyway

    @stillmotion said:

    True. we should trade down again and pick another TE and safety. Shmuck QB anyway

    Better idea, let's take a shot at two QB's that have no business being drafted that high.   This way, even though you end up with the next Blaine Gabbert or Johnny Manziel, you can Shmucking say you address the position simply for the sake of need.

    Seen this script before.   Worst part is, if this FO is retained I know it's exactly what they're going to do.  

  • Rosen and Connor Williams would fill two holes (longterm) but man, that's some injury concerns with BOTH picks.

  • Barkley is a luxury we're nor gonna afford. Unless we trade our draft to go right back to #2

    @clevfan4life said:

    Barkley is a luxury we're nor gonna afford. Unless we trade our draft to go right back to #2

    You like Mr. 2.8 yards/carry?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Better idea, let's take a shot at two QB's that have no business being drafted that high.   This way, even though you end up with the next Blaine Gabbert or Johnny Manziel, you can Shmucking say you address the position simply for the sake of need.

    Seen this script before.   Worst part is, if this FO is retained I know it's exactly what they're going to do.  

     They have to with the fan pressure. I'm curious, what would you do with this first round? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Rosen and Connor Williams would fill two holes (longterm) but man, that's some injury concerns with BOTH picks.

    Connor Williams sucks. Saw him get absolutely destroyed by Maryland in their first game. I'm also hearing alot of smoke here around town that he'll be back next season.

  • Darnold/Mayfield and Barkley would be a great way to get both our front office AND coaching staff canned.   So if that's your thing then by all means....

    @tiamat63 said:

    Darnold/Mayfield and Barkley would be a great way to get both our front office AND coaching staff canned.   So if that's your thing then by all means....

    Neither one will be there at 9. Or 7. Mayfield will be probably till the 2nd. Unless things change.

    WSS

  • Darnold or Mayfield and then Minkah Fitzpatrick.  

  • Darnold/Mayfield and Barkley would be a great way to get both our front office AND coaching staff canned.   So if that's your thing then by all means....

    @tiamat63 said:

    Darnold/Mayfield and Barkley would be a great way to get both our front office AND coaching staff canned.   So if that's your thing then by all means....

    And if neither of these guys pan out, you'll all be frustrated with our FO again.  How many of you were on the Kizer bandwagon prior to this years draft?  The fact I'm trying to make is nobody know who will be the next great QB.  Just about everyone was against Deshone Watson before the draft.  The last point I need to make is it's not about how great a QB you are, its about the where you play and how prepared you are.  Houston Texans have a better team, than we do.  Kizer could've been a great QB, under the right guidance.  But coming in and being thrown into the fire, well you see the results.

  • I was on the Dak bandwagon in 2016 and Watson this year. Still deciding on 2018. I'm leaning to Rosen if off the field issues turn out to be non-issues. Darnold might be in the running if he comes out. Definitely not "no accuracy'" Wyoming Cowboy. Backup written all over that one (if he's lucky enough to find a non-backup team).

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Darnold/Mayfield and Barkley would be a great way to get both our front office AND coaching staff canned.   So if that's your thing then by all means....

    And if neither of these guys pan out, you'll all be frustrated with our FO again.  How many of you were on the Kizer bandwagon prior to this years draft?  The fact I'm trying to make is nobody know who will be the next great QB.  Just about everyone was against Deshone Watson before the draft.  The last point I need to make is it's not about how great a QB you are, its about the where you play and how prepared you are.  Houston Texans have a better team, than we do.  Kizer could've been a great QB, under the right guidance.  But coming in and being thrown into the fire, well you see the results.

    @dawg2fan said:

    And if neither of these guys pan out, you'll all be frustrated with our FO again.  How many of you were on the Kizer bandwagon prior to this years draft?  The fact I'm trying to make is nobody know who will be the next great QB.  Just about everyone was against Deshone Watson before the draft.  The last point I need to make is it's not about how great a QB you are, its about the where you play and how prepared you are.  Houston Texans have a better team, than we do.  Kizer could've been a great QB, under the right guidance.  But coming in and being thrown into the fire, well you see the results.

    Nobody? Barkley even exploded against Ohio State. Mayfield is up for the Heisman. A clear running game and an explosive back like the Jaguars have would not only complement Duke, it would provide much needed fire power for our offense. I was never aboard the Kizer train as I thought he's a multi year project and shouldn't of played right away. With a Bridge QB (such as McCown, Baker Mayfield could learn for a year if need be, and then be the game manager that we need. I'm all aboard this kid. Compare him to Manziel, Weeden, whoever the heck you want, but I only compare him to himself.

    The argument - We don't have the playmakers to make a QB good so we shouldn't take one is stupid. The argument that Barkley might be a bust so we should trade down and pick another TE, Safety, or whatever with the first pick is stupid too. We need firepower on offense, and the earlier someone is picked, usually the better they are. I don't like Rosen, D'Arnold, or Allen. I don't like Rosen's attitude and friends of mine who have watched every UCLA game for the past few years told me they wouldn't even want Rosen on their team. 

    Wentz was good because he was a leader and WANTED it. He stayed late in the film room, lifted, spent time with his teammates, was smart, and worked hard. Say what you want about Mayfield and Barkley, but they're hard workers. 

  • Barkley is a luxury we're nor gonna afford. Unless we trade our draft to go right back to #2

    @clevfan4life said:

    Barkley is a luxury we're nor gonna afford. Unless we trade our draft to go right back to #2

    Got to wait and see how the rest of the season, the combine and the draft unfolds... Nobody knows what will happen. It's very possible that both, one or neither will be there with our second 1st round pick. 

    Time will tell. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Barkley is a luxury we're nor gonna afford. Unless we trade our draft to go right back to #2

    Got to wait and see how the rest of the season, the combine and the draft unfolds... Nobody knows what will happen. It's very possible that both, one or neither will be there with our second 1st round pick. 

    Time will tell. 

    @d-bone said:

    Got to wait and see how the rest of the season, the combine and the draft unfolds... Nobody knows what will happen. It's very possible that both, one or neither will be there with our second 1st round pick. 

    Time will tell. 

    In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

  • @dawg2fan said:

    And if neither of these guys pan out, you'll all be frustrated with our FO again.  How many of you were on the Kizer bandwagon prior to this years draft?  The fact I'm trying to make is nobody know who will be the next great QB.  Just about everyone was against Deshone Watson before the draft.  The last point I need to make is it's not about how great a QB you are, its about the where you play and how prepared you are.  Houston Texans have a better team, than we do.  Kizer could've been a great QB, under the right guidance.  But coming in and being thrown into the fire, well you see the results.

    Nobody? Barkley even exploded against Ohio State. Mayfield is up for the Heisman. A clear running game and an explosive back like the Jaguars have would not only complement Duke, it would provide much needed fire power for our offense. I was never aboard the Kizer train as I thought he's a multi year project and shouldn't of played right away. With a Bridge QB (such as McCown, Baker Mayfield could learn for a year if need be, and then be the game manager that we need. I'm all aboard this kid. Compare him to Manziel, Weeden, whoever the heck you want, but I only compare him to himself.

    The argument - We don't have the playmakers to make a QB good so we shouldn't take one is stupid. The argument that Barkley might be a bust so we should trade down and pick another TE, Safety, or whatever with the first pick is stupid too. We need firepower on offense, and the earlier someone is picked, usually the better they are. I don't like Rosen, D'Arnold, or Allen. I don't like Rosen's attitude and friends of mine who have watched every UCLA game for the past few years told me they wouldn't even want Rosen on their team. 

    Wentz was good because he was a leader and WANTED it. He stayed late in the film room, lifted, spent time with his teammates, was smart, and worked hard. Say what you want about Mayfield and Barkley, but they're hard workers. 

    @stillmotion said:

    Nobody? Barkley even exploded against Ohio State. Mayfield is up for the Heisman. A clear running game and an explosive back like the Jaguars have would not only complement Duke, it would provide much needed fire power for our offense. I was never aboard the Kizer train as I thought he's a multi year project and shouldn't of played right away. With a Bridge QB (such as McCown, Baker Mayfield could learn for a year if need be, and then be the game manager that we need. I'm all aboard this kid. Compare him to Manziel, Weeden, whoever the heck you want, but I only compare him to himself.

    The argument - We don't have the playmakers to make a QB good so we shouldn't take one is stupid. The argument that Barkley might be a bust so we should trade down and pick another TE, Safety, or whatever with the first pick is stupid too. We need firepower on offense, and the earlier someone is picked, usually the better they are. I don't like Rosen, D'Arnold, or Allen. I don't like Rosen's attitude and friends of mine who have watched every UCLA game for the past few years told me they wouldn't even want Rosen on their team. 

    Wentz was good because he was a leader and WANTED it. He stayed late in the film room, lifted, spent time with his teammates, was smart, and worked hard. Say what you want about Mayfield and Barkley, but they're hard workers. 

    The Heisman???

    😮

    WSS

  • @stillmotion said:

    Nobody? Barkley even exploded against Ohio State. Mayfield is up for the Heisman. A clear running game and an explosive back like the Jaguars have would not only complement Duke, it would provide much needed fire power for our offense. I was never aboard the Kizer train as I thought he's a multi year project and shouldn't of played right away. With a Bridge QB (such as McCown, Baker Mayfield could learn for a year if need be, and then be the game manager that we need. I'm all aboard this kid. Compare him to Manziel, Weeden, whoever the heck you want, but I only compare him to himself.

    The argument - We don't have the playmakers to make a QB good so we shouldn't take one is stupid. The argument that Barkley might be a bust so we should trade down and pick another TE, Safety, or whatever with the first pick is stupid too. We need firepower on offense, and the earlier someone is picked, usually the better they are. I don't like Rosen, D'Arnold, or Allen. I don't like Rosen's attitude and friends of mine who have watched every UCLA game for the past few years told me they wouldn't even want Rosen on their team. 

    Wentz was good because he was a leader and WANTED it. He stayed late in the film room, lifted, spent time with his teammates, was smart, and worked hard. Say what you want about Mayfield and Barkley, but they're hard workers. 

    The Heisman???

    😮

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    The Heisman???

    😮

    WSS

    ESPN Experts' PollfffNov. 7, 2017f

    Name Position School Year 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
    Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma Sr. 12 0 0 0 0 60
    Bryce Love RB Stanford Jr. 0 4 4 2 1 33
    Saquon Barkley RB Penn State Jr. 0 3 2 4 2 28
    Khalil Tate QB Arizona Soph. 0 2 2 0 3 17
    Josh Adams RB Notre Dame Jr. 0 0 2 4 2 16
    Lamar Jackson QB Louisville Jr. 0 1 2 1 0 12
    Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin Fr. 0 2 0 0 0 8
    Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State Sr. 0 0 0 1 2 4
    Nick Chubb RB Georgia Sr. 0 0 0 0 1 1
    Rashaad Penny

    From the ESPN experts poll today. http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/

  • I meant the Heisman gives me the willies kind of like being on the cover of Sports Illustrated or EA Sports video game...

    Jinx

    WSS

  • @d-bone said:

    Got to wait and see how the rest of the season, the combine and the draft unfolds... Nobody knows what will happen. It's very possible that both, one or neither will be there with our second 1st round pick. 

    Time will tell. 

    In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

    @stillmotion said:

    In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

    Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

  • @stillmotion said:

    In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

    Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

    @d-bone said:

    Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

    Would you consider an Alex Smith if we can't sign Cousins?

  • @stillmotion said:

    In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

    Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

    @d-bone said:

    Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

    Cousins, Barkley, and Baker Mayfield to sit and learn a couple years baby!

  • @d-bone said:

    Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

    Would you consider an Alex Smith if we can't sign Cousins?

    @mark-o said:

    Would you consider an Alex Smith if we can't sign Cousins?

    Absolfreakinutely.......