Happy Veterans Day to my fellow Honorably Discharged Veterans!
-

-
And to those no longer with us to receive those thanks. Never forgotten.
-
Thank every veteran out there .. for your service ! I was invited to go again, this year, to our neighbor kids' school to a veterans day celebration. What an honor - a couple of the hundred vets there were WWII vets - 97 and 92 years old. Active duty, retired, and all the rest of us - scanning from the forties to present day, every branch of the service.
There was a third grade chorus singing the songs, videos... I wouldn't miss the honor for any amount of money. and the kids - they are all in with pride - leading you to see their rooms, and artwork, and getting you by the hand to sit with them at the cafeteria...
and the only part that is tough .... is when the kids oldest group sings "American Tears".
I believe most, if not all vets there, got moved by it -
-
-
I retired a year before this video was made, lol. Spent the majority of my time attached to Amphib/Marine units. Although I did do a tour on the USS MIDWAY and USS OLDENDORF and Desron 15.
-
Thank you guys for your service. I appreciate that people are willing to put their lives on the line so civilians can live free.
-

-
Happy Veterans Day to those that served.
Thank you for your service to our country. ??
-
DH needs to stop pretending his discharge was "honorable". Just cause they told him to "get out" without giving a formal reason doesn't mean it was "honorable"....they just didn't want it to get out how their officers use lifelong PFC's like DH for oral service in the bathroom stalls.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login