Browns vs Lions
-
One thing about competitive sports T, sooner or later you'll be there too! I can't imagine that say after 6 years you'd still be looking for baby steps/small victories/signs of progress if the browns are say 6-90....
..... so that means you have a line/limit too, just like the rest of us.... but right now we simply aren't there - yet.
I will spare the same lecture I just gave Bacon, D... because I like you... but trust me, you've not met many folks as competitive as I am.
-
Can you guys please knock off the "fire Hue Jackson" crap??!! For Pete's sake, I'm sick of firing everybody every year and starting over. Hue justs needs some talent and time. How many of you guys calling for Hue's head could do better with this group?
Give them time and let them grow together. Starting all over constantly SUCKS. We need receivers!!!
Can you guys please knock off the "fire Hue Jackson" crap??!! For Pete's sake, I'm sick of firing everybody every year and starting over. Hue justs needs some talent and time. How many of you guys calling for Hue's head could do better with this group?
Give them time and let them grow together. Starting all over constantly SUCKS. We need receivers!!!
Thank you Sir. Seem you are the only one on this board with some common sense.
-
A lot of positives in today's game. Yes, bonehead stuff, too, but a lot more positives.
I feel sorry for those of you who want to live or die on a "W", but that's your problem.
A lot of positives in today's game. Yes, bonehead stuff, too, but a lot more positives.
I feel sorry for those of you who want to live or die on a "W", but that's your problem.
There were positives and it made me really happy. However, Hue's boneheaded decisions didn't.
The fact that he didn't answer the question about the QB sneak I didn't like.
Then he gave us the whole "we have to be smarter, we have to practice harder" cowpoop.
After that he said his plan was working the way he wanted it to, and that the fans have to be patient with him.
If he'd just admit he needs a damn OC, or they got an OC, then I wouldn't be worried.
Doing both is just too much for him. He's in over his head.
-
Can you guys please knock off the "fire Hue Jackson" crap??!! For Pete's sake, I'm sick of firing everybody every year and starting over. Hue justs needs some talent and time. How many of you guys calling for Hue's head could do better with this group?
Give them time and let them grow together. Starting all over constantly SUCKS. We need receivers!!!
Can you guys please knock off the "fire Hue Jackson" crap??!! For Pete's sake, I'm sick of firing everybody every year and starting over. Hue justs needs some talent and time. How many of you guys calling for Hue's head could do better with this group?
Give them time and let them grow together. Starting all over constantly SUCKS. We need receivers!!!
Hue is 2-30 in his last 32 games as head coach. He's 1-24 with the Browns, so at worst I'd only have 1 less win than Hue would with this exact same team. He's a LOUSY HC. If this team doesn't win some games down the stretch (and its a stretch that they will) someone has to get fired. A team can't go 1-31 and have someone not lose their job.
-
omg pls stop it I can't take the funny's. Ogbah has like .8 of a decent quarter and he's now all of a sudden our best DL? If he played consistently similar to what he played like for 5-6 minutes today i'd have one of his jerseys. Unfortunately he's going to go back to being irrelevant next sunday. That's what he does, he disappears for weeks and then has like a decent little game and people like D Bone at the browns board come out with titty sprinkles.
Ogbah is better than Two Tackle Texas. He plays hard on every play. He IS without need for debate our best DL.
Ogbah is better than Two Tackle Texas. He plays hard on every play. He IS without need for debate our best DL.
you are able to make this statement because you fundamentally don't understand the game of football and how certain positions get played. You can critique Garrett blah blah that's fine....but saying Ogbah is our best DL shows a fundamental lack of knowledge on your part at least when it comes to defensive line play. Ogbah has been more or less non existent for two years. Every now and then he flashes and then he disappears again for months. Today he had a good 1st quarter. Bravo. Talk to me about how he's our best DL when he plays like that week in and week out. He didn't even put in a full game today and you're proclaiming him our best DL. He's not even our best DE.
-
Even if we go 1-46, like war and unsympathetic said, There will be NO analyzing, evaluating, or questioning anything King Sashi does till that point. Then we can start. Otherwise you will be flamed by them as "stupid", "clueless", "ignorant", and "whiny".
anyways, Lions are likely tired and on a short week. We can win this.
Glad you’re learning.
Glad you’re learning.
I was being sarcastic. It's beyond ridiculous to make anyone wait till 1-46 to make a change. Doing the same thing over and over is insanity. If you don't believe Hue needs to either get an offensive coordinator or take a hike, you obviously don't know football.
-
Can you guys please knock off the "fire Hue Jackson" crap??!! For Pete's sake, I'm sick of firing everybody every year and starting over. Hue justs needs some talent and time. How many of you guys calling for Hue's head could do better with this group?
Give them time and let them grow together. Starting all over constantly SUCKS. We need receivers!!!
Hue is 2-30 in his last 32 games as head coach. He's 1-24 with the Browns, so at worst I'd only have 1 less win than Hue would with this exact same team. He's a LOUSY HC. If this team doesn't win some games down the stretch (and its a stretch that they will) someone has to get fired. A team can't go 1-31 and have someone not lose their job.
Hue is 2-30 in his last 32 games as head coach. He's 1-24 with the Browns, so at worst I'd only have 1 less win than Hue would with this exact same team. He's a LOUSY HC. If this team doesn't win some games down the stretch (and its a stretch that they will) someone has to get fired. A team can't go 1-31 and have someone not lose their job.
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
-
Ogbah is better than Two Tackle Texas. He plays hard on every play. He IS without need for debate our best DL.
you are able to make this statement because you fundamentally don't understand the game of football and how certain positions get played. You can critique Garrett blah blah that's fine....but saying Ogbah is our best DL shows a fundamental lack of knowledge on your part at least when it comes to defensive line play. Ogbah has been more or less non existent for two years. Every now and then he flashes and then he disappears again for months. Today he had a good 1st quarter. Bravo. Talk to me about how he's our best DL when he plays like that week in and week out. He didn't even put in a full game today and you're proclaiming him our best DL. He's not even our best DE.
you are able to make this statement because you fundamentally don't understand the game of football and how certain positions get played. You can critique Garrett blah blah that's fine....but saying Ogbah is our best DL shows a fundamental lack of knowledge on your part at least when it comes to defensive line play. Ogbah has been more or less non existent for two years. Every now and then he flashes and then he disappears again for months. Today he had a good 1st quarter. Bravo. Talk to me about how he's our best DL when he plays like that week in and week out. He didn't even put in a full game today and you're proclaiming him our best DL. He's not even our best DE.
Yeah maybe Ogbah had such a good game because the Lions had to scheme for Garrett who still force a turn over and basically caused 1 if not 2 of those sacks. Ghoolie is funny.
-
Hue is 2-30 in his last 32 games as head coach. He's 1-24 with the Browns, so at worst I'd only have 1 less win than Hue would with this exact same team. He's a LOUSY HC. If this team doesn't win some games down the stretch (and its a stretch that they will) someone has to get fired. A team can't go 1-31 and have someone not lose their job.
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
First thing you have to realize is that this is a bottom line league...you are what your record says you are. Hue is 1-24 as a HC, that sucks and he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His play callling is horrendous. I think he's actually keeping Kizer from playing better. So those of you saying that we should keep Huey no matter what....what does it take for him to lose his job? Does he need to literally take a shit on the field during the game? 1-31 is still ok in your mind? What about 1-47? 2-46? What does it take for the organization to decide that he's just not a good HC and find someone else?
-
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
First thing you have to realize is that this is a bottom line league...you are what your record says you are. Hue is 1-24 as a HC, that sucks and he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His play callling is horrendous. I think he's actually keeping Kizer from playing better. So those of you saying that we should keep Huey no matter what....what does it take for him to lose his job? Does he need to literally take a shit on the field during the game? 1-31 is still ok in your mind? What about 1-47? 2-46? What does it take for the organization to decide that he's just not a good HC and find someone else?
First thing you have to realize is that this is a bottom line league...you are what your record says you are. Hue is 1-24 as a HC, that sucks and he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His play callling is horrendous. I think he's actually keeping Kizer from playing better. So those of you saying that we should keep Huey no matter what....what does it take for him to lose his job? Does he need to literally take a Sheet on the field during the game? 1-31 is still ok in your mind? What about 1-47? 2-46? What does it take for the organization to decide that he's just not a good HC and find someone else?
lol
-
Hue is 2-30 in his last 32 games as head coach. He's 1-24 with the Browns, so at worst I'd only have 1 less win than Hue would with this exact same team. He's a LOUSY HC. If this team doesn't win some games down the stretch (and its a stretch that they will) someone has to get fired. A team can't go 1-31 and have someone not lose their job.
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
-
Hue is 2-30 in his last 32 games as head coach. He's 1-24 with the Browns, so at worst I'd only have 1 less win than Hue would with this exact same team. He's a LOUSY HC. If this team doesn't win some games down the stretch (and its a stretch that they will) someone has to get fired. A team can't go 1-31 and have someone not lose their job.
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
This team isn't one or two plays away from being 12-4. The only thing consistent about this team is inconsistency. The Giants stink but Evan Engram is making plays and consistently on the field. Njoku can't play every down because he can't block. He turned the wrong way on the end zone throw and his hands aren't great. Devalve is a better blocker but is slow and doesn't have the ability to bail out the QB.
A first round TE is Greg Olsen not Eric Ebron.
-
I think that players in the locker room like Hue. And that's a Head Coach's primary job: to make a team, treat with the different players and get the best out of them and coordinators/coaching staff. And I wouldn't want to lose that, BUT IF HE DOESN'T GET AN OC, well, we will still have several plays every game in which if the call was different, things would have gone completely different.
When a team is clearly underperforming it has to be somebody's fault or something needs to be changed. Last year we won a game. EVERYONE predicted at least 4 wins for this season (in a process, you expect progress as time advances) and it doesn't look that we will achieve that "huge" goal.
EDIT PS: I don't know why the diehard 'Process' defenders think that everyone who makes a critic is in the other side of the trenches and wants to shut down everything immediately.
-
I think that players in the locker room like Hue. And that's a Head Coach's primary job: to make a team, treat with the different players and get the best out of them and coordinators/coaching staff. And I wouldn't want to lose that, BUT IF HE DOESN'T GET AN OC, well, we will still have several plays every game in which if the call was different, things would have gone completely different.
When a team is clearly underperforming it has to be somebody's fault or something needs to be changed. Last year we won a game. EVERYONE predicted at least 4 wins for this season (in a process, you expect progress as time advances) and it doesn't look that we will achieve that "huge" goal.
EDIT PS: I don't know why the diehard 'Process' defenders think that everyone who makes a critic is in the other side of the trenches and wants to shut down everything immediately.
When a team is clearly underperforming it has to be somebody's fault or something needs to be changed. Last year we won a game. EVERYONE predicted at least 4 wins for this season (in a process, you expect progress as time advances) and it doesn't look that we will achieve that "huge" goal.
Exactly...if this is a "process", there has to be progress and at this point we aren't seeing progress. But SF is leading the Giants so we might have the inside track for pick #1.
-
-
When a team is clearly underperforming it has to be somebody's fault or something needs to be changed. Last year we won a game. EVERYONE predicted at least 4 wins for this season (in a process, you expect progress as time advances) and it doesn't look that we will achieve that "huge" goal.
Exactly...if this is a "process", there has to be progress and at this point we aren't seeing progress. But SF is leading the Giants so we might have the inside track for pick #1.
-
And Houston is down 30-7
-
First thing you have to realize is:
- Those of you calling for Hue to get canned will never get it. You must love having a new coach every one or two years.
- Those of you calling for our young players to be canned, I don't know where to begin. Seth gets a ball knocked out, he needs to be canned. Njuko didn't block the rusher, he needs to be canned. And this is just this game, not to mention much more.
- We got rid of all of our high priced players and made this team one of the youngest in the league. They need to grow and will take time.
- Kizer played much better until the last play of the game, but you have to give him credit for that. But like I said before, these are all rookies or 2nd year players. I truly believe in the next 2 years, these guys will be playing at a very high level. You guys have to bear with this team.
First thing you have to realize is that this is a bottom line league...you are what your record says you are. Hue is 1-24 as a HC, that sucks and he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His play callling is horrendous. I think he's actually keeping Kizer from playing better. So those of you saying that we should keep Huey no matter what....what does it take for him to lose his job? Does he need to literally take a shit on the field during the game? 1-31 is still ok in your mind? What about 1-47? 2-46? What does it take for the organization to decide that he's just not a good HC and find someone else?
First thing you have to realize is that this is a bottom line league...you are what your record says you are. Hue is 1-24 as a HC, that sucks and he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His play callling is horrendous. I think he's actually keeping Kizer from playing better. So those of you saying that we should keep Huey no matter what....what does it take for him to lose his job? Does he need to literally take a Sheet on the field during the game? 1-31 is still ok in your mind? What about 1-47? 2-46? What does it take for the organization to decide that he's just not a good HC and find someone else?
Frankly I don't care if we go 1-31 or 2-30. Next year I expect to see improvement. The players won't be so young. And with the draft, we will be much better. Now if next year we don't see improvement next year, then I will join the bandwagon as well to get rid of Hue. And I do agree with most people on this board that we need an OC. It's way too much for Hue to coach this team without one.
-
next year....next year...next year. So all this improvement will start next season. Got it. So why bother even watching this year? Why spend the money? Other teams get better each year but not in Cleveland...it takes 3 years for coach Huey to learn how to call plays to his players strengths. Got it. So next year when we are losing each and every week you will see that a coach who goes 1-24 and 2-30 is just not a good HC. A good HC would've managed to win a couple of close ones rather than losing every single fucking game.
-
First thing you have to realize is that this is a bottom line league...you are what your record says you are. Hue is 1-24 as a HC, that sucks and he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His play callling is horrendous. I think he's actually keeping Kizer from playing better. So those of you saying that we should keep Huey no matter what....what does it take for him to lose his job? Does he need to literally take a Sheet on the field during the game? 1-31 is still ok in your mind? What about 1-47? 2-46? What does it take for the organization to decide that he's just not a good HC and find someone else?
Frankly I don't care if we go 1-31 or 2-30. Next year I expect to see improvement. The players won't be so young. And with the draft, we will be much better. Now if next year we don't see improvement next year, then I will join the bandwagon as well to get rid of Hue. And I do agree with most people on this board that we need an OC. It's way too much for Hue to coach this team without one.
Frankly I don't care if we go 1-31 or 2-30. Next year I expect to see improvement. The players won't be so young. And with the draft, we will be much better. Now if next year we don't see improvement next year, then I will join the bandwagon as well to get rid of Hue. And I do agree with most people on this board that we need an OC. It's way too much for Hue to coach this team without one.
I guess where I'm at is what constitutes improvement? I would hate to tie anyone to a number but is 2-14 improvement? 6-42 is the worst 3 year span I believe since the league expanded to 16 games. That means the Browns might need 5 wins next year to avoid it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

