Josh Gordon - the missing piece
-
I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.
Someone will say its racciss
You don't remember the movie? "The Toy"?
I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.
And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.
And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.
Zombo
Main Stream Media. You know, where you get actual news and information.... People that don't like MSM are like the three monkeys, hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil. They don't like reality.....like the monkeys they hide their senses from it, and prefer getting horseshite shoved up their arses as their only method of absorbing information.
-
-
Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.
Or is it ok since...
Since he's black?
Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.
On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.
Looking forward to playing with my new toy.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Since he's black?
Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.
On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.
Looking forward to playing with my new toy.
Zombo
True, lots of coaches use that analogy. To me, it's still funny though.
-
Josh Gordon:
So there's 6 games left. Unless our brain-trust are TOTAL fools, he doesn't play this week. (...and OUR brain-trust ALWAYS leaves doubt about being TOTAL fools)
Therefore, we own him for 2018.
As for us negotiating a contract renewal...that will depend on how he does in these final weeks of the season...including his time on the field. It will also depend on his offseason and if he can stay on the straight and narrow. I wouldn't rush into a contract signing session with him.
I don't know how far one can go with structuring a contract with 'if-then' statements....but we need some assurance that we're not wasting more time and effort on a 3-time-loser to be.
-
Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts. He started practice with the team today, but he cannot play till next week.
-
If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke. But in america you cant make jokes
If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke. But in america you cant make jokes
Nobody has any fuyucking clue what you are talking about with this "toy" reference and how it pertains to race. Is everything for you an opportunity to race bait?
-
Just watched video of the Browns WRs catching passes on practice. They had a lefty throwing the passes. Isn’t it different catching a pass from a lefty?
-
Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts. He started practice with the team today, but he cannot play till next week.
-
I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off!
We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time.
Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.
Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left.
Now is the time, things are about to change!
...if we could just get Hogan in the game...
-
I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off!
We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time.
Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.
Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left.
Now is the time, things are about to change!
...if we could just get Hogan in the game...
I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off!
We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time.
Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.
Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left.
Now is the time, things are about to change!
...if we could just get Hogan in the game...
Kids are told not to say the F-word.
Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word?
-
I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off!
We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time.
Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.
Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left.
Now is the time, things are about to change!
...if we could just get Hogan in the game...
Kids are told not to say the F-word.
Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word?
Kids are told not to say the F-word.
Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word?
Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.
So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.
I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity.
-
Just watched video of the Browns WRs catching passes on practice. They had a lefty throwing the passes. Isn’t it different catching a pass from a lefty?
Just watched video of the Browns WRs catching passes on practice. They had a lefty throwing the passes. Isn’t it different catching a pass from a lefty?
-
Kids are told not to say the F-word.
Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word?
Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.
So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.
I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity.
Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.
So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.
I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity.
If I recall right, many people in this board - I would even dare to say the majority - were OK giving Hogan a chance as a starter vs the Texans, and he undeperformed and lost the job. The same people who were OK giving him a chance in the first place, decided that benching him in favour of Kizer was the right decisions.
I know the results haven't come and we still winless, but you are the only one who thinks that Hogan would be the solution, or at least a better option, and whereas I love the enthusiasm and optimism you show in your posts, mentioning Hogan in every one of them just makes you lose credit. Heck, I think you have an interesting approach to the draft (thread 'Should we draft a qb with #1?') but as you mentioned Hogan and keeping all three QBs I think that's the only thing that caught the eye of everyone in your post. You're just going to make everyone run out of their patience.
In my opinion, Hogan is a 5th round that didn't make the roster in an Andy Reid team, who I think knows a lot about QBs, and could be a decent QB, who can play well for a few snaps, but cannot play as starter. It happens with a lot of QBs, it's hard to play at pro level the whole game during all the season.
-
Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.
So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.
I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity.
If I recall right, many people in this board - I would even dare to say the majority - were OK giving Hogan a chance as a starter vs the Texans, and he undeperformed and lost the job. The same people who were OK giving him a chance in the first place, decided that benching him in favour of Kizer was the right decisions.
I know the results haven't come and we still winless, but you are the only one who thinks that Hogan would be the solution, or at least a better option, and whereas I love the enthusiasm and optimism you show in your posts, mentioning Hogan in every one of them just makes you lose credit. Heck, I think you have an interesting approach to the draft (thread 'Should we draft a qb with #1?') but as you mentioned Hogan and keeping all three QBs I think that's the only thing that caught the eye of everyone in your post. You're just going to make everyone run out of their patience.
In my opinion, Hogan is a 5th round that didn't make the roster in an Andy Reid team, who I think knows a lot about QBs, and could be a decent QB, who can play well for a few snaps, but cannot play as starter. It happens with a lot of QBs, it's hard to play at pro level the whole game during all the season.
If I recall right, many people in this board - I would even dare to say the majority - were OK giving Hogan a chance as a starter vs the Texans, and he undeperformed and lost the job. The same people who were OK giving him a chance in the first place, decided that benching him in favour of Kizer was the right decisions.
I know the results haven't come and we still winless, but you are the only one who thinks that Hogan would be the solution, or at least a better option, and whereas I love the enthusiasm and optimism you show in your posts, mentioning Hogan in every one of them just makes you lose credit. Heck, I think you have an interesting approach to the draft (thread 'Should we draft a qb with #1?') but as you mentioned Hogan and keeping all three QBs I think that's the only thing that caught the eye of everyone in your post. You're just going to make everyone run out of their patience.
In my opinion, Hogan is a 5th round that didn't make the roster in an Andy Reid team, who I think knows a lot about QBs, and could be a decent QB, who can play well for a few snaps, but cannot play as starter. It happens with a lot of QBs, it's hard to play at pro level the whole game during all the season.
As I said before you joined the board; Andy Reed's team had 4 or 5 QBs on it... and a few of those guys were established and pretty good in their own right. Hogan was probably going to go to the practice squad but decided on coming here because he felt that the opportunity to get a chance with our QB problems was the best chance. He only got in a half a game last year vs the bengals and set a Browns Franchise record- that's pretty good for a first crack at it, Kizer hasn't approached a single record except for the worst ever... This year he performed well in the backup job every chance he had. Something is amiss here, I can smell it.
-
If I recall right, many people in this board - I would even dare to say the majority - were OK giving Hogan a chance as a starter vs the Texans, and he undeperformed and lost the job. The same people who were OK giving him a chance in the first place, decided that benching him in favour of Kizer was the right decisions.
I know the results haven't come and we still winless, but you are the only one who thinks that Hogan would be the solution, or at least a better option, and whereas I love the enthusiasm and optimism you show in your posts, mentioning Hogan in every one of them just makes you lose credit. Heck, I think you have an interesting approach to the draft (thread 'Should we draft a qb with #1?') but as you mentioned Hogan and keeping all three QBs I think that's the only thing that caught the eye of everyone in your post. You're just going to make everyone run out of their patience.
In my opinion, Hogan is a 5th round that didn't make the roster in an Andy Reid team, who I think knows a lot about QBs, and could be a decent QB, who can play well for a few snaps, but cannot play as starter. It happens with a lot of QBs, it's hard to play at pro level the whole game during all the season.
As I said before you joined the board; Andy Reed's team had 4 or 5 QBs on it... and a few of those guys were established and pretty good in their own right. Hogan was probably going to go to the practice squad but decided on coming here because he felt that the opportunity to get a chance with our QB problems was the best chance. He only got in a half a game last year vs the bengals and set a Browns Franchise record- that's pretty good for a first crack at it, Kizer hasn't approached a single record except for the worst ever... This year he performed well in the backup job every chance he had. Something is amiss here, I can smell it.
As I said before you joined the board; Andy Reed's team had 4 or 5 QBs on it... and a few of those guys were established and pretty good in their own right. Hogan was probably going to go to the practice squad but decided on coming here because he felt that the opportunity to get a chance with our QB problems was the best chance. He only got in a half a game last year vs the bengals and set a Browns Franchise record- that's pretty good for a first crack at it, Kizer hasn't approached a single record except for the worst ever... This year he performed well in the backup job every chance he had. Something is amiss here, I can smell it.
The Andy Reid Chiefs were so stocked at QB in 2016 that they gave away the proverbial farm to trade up for Pat Mahomes in 2017.
I seriously wish there was a way to put a shock collar on you... it would go off every time you wrote the name Hogan.
-
Roger Good-hell your still a HoMo..Oct. 31st ya signed Gordon's reinstatement papers..Nov.22-yea!! Josh can practice with his new teammates..Dec. 3rd were going to put you on a cross country plane. You'll be playing the Chargers but (to f with you even more) we moved them to a LA rental stadium holding 35K ..Who's the real dope here? EDIT--All we can really do, is prey Josh finally got his head screwed (ahhh scratch screwed..bad josh word) on straight..It's probably not even fair to guess what talent Josh can bring this team? But what this guy has done to put himself to today from where he has been most his life.. Welcome Back to real football Flash..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

