Skip to content

What a 6th Grader Thinks About The Browns

The Browns Board
104 19 2.6k 1
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #82

    I've enjoyed Sangria... not afraid to admit it.

    Worst wine? Pear Ripple... was rounding out a case for a discount in college and last couple bottles were cheapest a roomie and I could find. So essentially got it for free... and at that cost it was overpriced.

    Not about snob... it's about value and the occasional indulgence... it's about enjoyment.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #83

    The little brat needs to spend some time in the Skinner box. Treats when he sees Brown and orange electric shock when he sees Black and Yellow.

    😄

    WSS

  • The whole "sophisticated" drinking thing makes me laugh. Drink what you like, if its $5 or $5000. Hell yeah, I've drank some of the Wild Vines Blackberry! 😆

    Reminds me of the dbags at the Kent bars, graduate students most likely, who tried to show the world how "sophisticated" they were as they choked down Scotch. It was painfully obvious they hated it, but it went with the blazers with elbow patches they were rockin'.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @dutch-oven said:

    The whole "sophisticated" drinking thing makes me laugh. Drink what you like, if its $5 or $5000. Hell yeah, I've drank some of the Wild Vines Blackberry! 😆

    Reminds me of the dbags at the Kent bars, graduate students most likely, who tried to show the world how "sophisticated" they were as they choked down Scotch. It was painfully obvious they hated it, but it went with the blazers with elbow patches they were rockin'.

    Ha I well remember circa 1969 visiting my pal at the University of Dayton dorm. a couple guys down the hall had bricked in the wall of their room with Passport Scotch bottles- they only lasted one semester....   

  • Perfect wine that fits the Browns' fan's budget trying to cope with every week's disaster.

    It's a fine little wine with subtle hints of blackberry pie, raspberry liquor and the deep fruity flavor of the finest Merlot from price competitor.....................................Mogen David. 

    Yep, I'm talking a less than $6 a bottle of Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot. Even  your sweet tooth spouse can join you in the Pit of Misery. And the price is so low you can treat yourself to a  consolation steak grilled on the Barbie or, if she's gone for the weekend, just consolation from Barbie.Wine snobs need not apply.😆😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @texasag1969 said:

    Perfect wine that fits the Browns' fan's budget trying to cope with every week's disaster.

    It's a fine little wine with subtle hints of blackberry pie, raspberry liquor and the deep fruity flavor of the finest Merlot from price competitor.....................................Mogen David. 

    Yep, I'm talking a less than $6 a bottle of Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot. Even  your sweet tooth spouse can join you in the Pit of Misery. And the price is so low you can treat yourself to a  consolation steak grilled on the Barbie or, if she's gone for the weekend, just consolation from Barbie.Wine snobs need not apply.😆😆

    I saw some wine for $3.99 in the store yesterday but decided not to buy itI saw some wine for $3.99 in the store yesterday but decided not to buy it

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Perfect wine that fits the Browns' fan's budget trying to cope with every week's disaster.

    It's a fine little wine with subtle hints of blackberry pie, raspberry liquor and the deep fruity flavor of the finest Merlot from price competitor.....................................Mogen David. 

    Yep, I'm talking a less than $6 a bottle of Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot. Even  your sweet tooth spouse can join you in the Pit of Misery. And the price is so low you can treat yourself to a  consolation steak grilled on the Barbie or, if she's gone for the weekend, just consolation from Barbie.Wine snobs need not apply.😆😆

    I saw some wine for $3.99 in the store yesterday but decided not to buy itI saw some wine for $3.99 in the store yesterday but decided not to buy it

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @the-gipper said:

    I saw some wine for $3.99 in the store yesterday but decided not to buy itI saw some wine for $3.99 in the store yesterday but decided not to buy it

    Well the Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot was even less than $6 because they asked if i was a veteran so I got a 10% vets discount by showing my VA card.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #87

    You guys ever try dandelion wine?

    My German relatives back in the day used to make it.

  • You guys ever try dandelion wine?

    My German relatives back in the day used to make it.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @dutch-oven said:

    You guys ever try dandelion wine?

    My German relatives back in the day used to make it.

    I can't imagine that dandelion wine doesn't just tastes like holy hell.

    WSS

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    The whole wine thread needs a song chaser. "He always had some mighty fine wine." 😆

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You guys ever try dandelion wine?

    My German relatives back in the day used to make it.

    I can't imagine that dandelion wine doesn't just tastes like holy hell.

    WSS

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @westside-steve said:

    I can't imagine that dandelion wine doesn't just tastes like holy hell.

    WSS

    It's, well, interesting.

    Breitenbach makes it too, Ray Bradbury had a collection of his short stories under the title 'Dandelion Wine'... 😆

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #91

    My grandfather used to make it.. but I never had it myself...

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #92

    I've never been a wine drinker, but more of a bourbon connoisseur.

    If anyone has ever been fortunate enough to have a taste of Pappy Van Winkle, that's the finest made.

    As a matter of fact, there's a lottery in Ohio to be able to purchase a bottle of the Kentucky made nectar. . .

    image.thumb.png.3a15ba2591922c3cf875455c798f8514.png

    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/pappy_van_winkle_bourbon_bottl.html

  • I've never been a wine drinker, but more of a bourbon connoisseur.

    If anyone has ever been fortunate enough to have a taste of Pappy Van Winkle, that's the finest made.

    As a matter of fact, there's a lottery in Ohio to be able to purchase a bottle of the Kentucky made nectar. . .

    image.thumb.png.3a15ba2591922c3cf875455c798f8514.png

    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/pappy_van_winkle_bourbon_bottl.html

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @canton-dawg said:

    I've never been a wine drinker, but more of a bourbon connoisseur.

    If anyone has ever been fortunate enough to have a taste of Pappy Van Winkle, that's the finest made.

    As a matter of fact, there's a lottery in Ohio to be able to purchase a bottle of the Kentucky made nectar. . .

    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/pappy_van_winkle_bourbon_bottl.html

    Yeah, get a chance at a bottle at the distillery price. It's become such a collectable, the price on the secondary market for Pappy is insane.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Hey-the damn frog was singing about wine not bourbon (not that there's anything wrong with that).😛

  • Hey-the damn frog was singing about wine not bourbon (not that there's anything wrong with that).😛

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hey-the damn frog was singing about wine not bourbon (not that there's anything wrong with that).😛

    Wine is fine, beer if it’s near, but liquor is quicker!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hey-the damn frog was singing about wine not bourbon (not that there's anything wrong with that).😛

    Wine is fine, beer if it’s near, but liquor is quicker!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @canton-dawg said:

    Wine is fine, beer if it’s near, but liquor is quicker!

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you....because of all the carbs.  Wine is next because it has sugar.  Liquor is "best" because it is distilled and has neither carbs nor sugar.

    At least that is what I have learned.   For what its worth.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Wine is fine, beer if it’s near, but liquor is quicker!

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you....because of all the carbs.  Wine is next because it has sugar.  Liquor is "best" because it is distilled and has neither carbs nor sugar.

    At least that is what I have learned.   For what its worth.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @the-gipper said:

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you....because of all the carbs.  Wine is next because it has sugar.  Liquor is "best" because it is distilled and has neither carbs nor sugar.

    At least that is what I have learned.   For what its worth.

    I’ve been a type 2 diabetic for the past 20 years, my mom and dad were both diabetic so I guess I was destined to be one as well.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Wine is fine, beer if it’s near, but liquor is quicker!

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you....because of all the carbs.  Wine is next because it has sugar.  Liquor is "best" because it is distilled and has neither carbs nor sugar.

    At least that is what I have learned.   For what its worth.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @the-gipper said:

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you...

    Beer saved civilization...

    It's actually true.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you...

    Beer saved civilization...

    It's actually true.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @tour2ma said:

    Beer saved civilization...

    It's actually true.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If you are a diabetic (yes, like me),  beer is worst for you...

    Beer saved civilization...

    It's actually true.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Beer saved civilization...

    It's actually true.

    I’ll drink to that!

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    It's hilarious how a thread related to a kid ended up being about alcohol. 

    It's amazing how conversations develop, lol.