Skip to content

Peyton Manning is closing on a house in Cleveland

The Browns Board
128 26 8.3k 1
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    I saw Peyton at Dollar General today buying light bulbs.

  • @mark-o said:

    Sorry dude...your math sucks.  According to Forbes magazine:

    cleveland-browns_100x100.jpg #29 Cleveland Browns $1.95 B

    That's 1.95 billion with a B.   So his $200 million would get him approximately 10% of the team.

    https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/#tab:overall

    Lest we forget.. Randy Lerner , still holds a 10% share in the team . If I'm not mistaken.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Lest we forget.. Randy Lerner , still holds a 10% share in the team . If I'm not mistaken.

    I DID forget.  Is that true.

    Also, I wonder about this:   Lerner sold the team to Haslam....but what was the payment arrangement?  Jimmy may have been making payments to Randy and that debt may be far from paid off.    Just speculating....not certain.   Anyone know?

  • @nickers said:

    Lest we forget.. Randy Lerner , still holds a 10% share in the team . If I'm not mistaken.

    I DID forget.  Is that true.

    Also, I wonder about this:   Lerner sold the team to Haslam....but what was the payment arrangement?  Jimmy may have been making payments to Randy and that debt may be far from paid off.    Just speculating....not certain.   Anyone know?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I DID forget.  Is that true.

    Also, I wonder about this:   Lerner sold the team to Haslam....but what was the payment arrangement?  Jimmy may have been making payments to Randy and that debt may be far from paid off.    Just speculating....not certain.   Anyone know?

    I only know that Jimmy has net worth of 3.7 billion as of March of this year. I don't think Randy held on to any part of the team. The only owners listed are Jim and Dee Haslam. $3,700,000,000  yep, ten figures.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I DID forget.  Is that true.

    Also, I wonder about this:   Lerner sold the team to Haslam....but what was the payment arrangement?  Jimmy may have been making payments to Randy and that debt may be far from paid off.    Just speculating....not certain.   Anyone know?

    I only know that Jimmy has net worth of 3.7 billion as of March of this year. I don't think Randy held on to any part of the team. The only owners listed are Jim and Dee Haslam. $3,700,000,000  yep, ten figures.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I only know that Jimmy has net worth of 3.7 billion as of March of this year. I don't think Randy held on to any part of the team. The only owners listed are Jim and Dee Haslam. $3,700,000,000  yep, ten figures.

    Net worth might not always be very liquid.

    Randy might not have ownership rights but might have other ""IOUs" of some sort held separately from the transaction. Oh the wacky world of those multi billionaires. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I only know that Jimmy has net worth of 3.7 billion as of March of this year. I don't think Randy held on to any part of the team. The only owners listed are Jim and Dee Haslam. $3,700,000,000  yep, ten figures.

    Net worth might not always be very liquid.

    Randy might not have ownership rights but might have other ""IOUs" of some sort held separately from the transaction. Oh the wacky world of those multi billionaires. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Net worth might not always be very liquid.

    Randy might not have ownership rights but might have other ""IOUs" of some sort held separately from the transaction. Oh the wacky world of those multi billionaires. 

    Anything else I have seen about NFL owners, they get listed as sole, or majority. It's possible someone else has a small stake but I'm pretty certain that it would be listed that way. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Net worth might not always be very liquid.

    Randy might not have ownership rights but might have other ""IOUs" of some sort held separately from the transaction. Oh the wacky world of those multi billionaires. 

    Anything else I have seen about NFL owners, they get listed as sole, or majority. It's possible someone else has a small stake but I'm pretty certain that it would be listed that way. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Anything else I have seen about NFL owners, they get listed as sole, or majority. It's possible someone else has a small stake but I'm pretty certain that it would be listed that way. 

    This says that at the time of the sale, Randy would retain 30%.   However, JH had the option to buy him out of the rest.  Will have to check on if that happened:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/07/cleveland_browns_owner_randy_l_5.html

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Another story says that the other 30% would be sold 4 years after closing date...but I could not find confirmation that the sale of the 30% went through.

    Lerner will sell 70 percent of the Browns to Haslam now, with the other 30 percent reverting to him four years after the closing date, a person with knowledge of the sale told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details have not officially been announced.

    So...that mean possibly that the balance of ownership was transferred to Halsam no later than last summer (2016).

    Also.  Lerner did sell his Premier League soccer team...which I guess was losing money hand over fist:

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/aston-villa-randy-lerner-close-selling-club-china

  • Another story says that the other 30% would be sold 4 years after closing date...but I could not find confirmation that the sale of the 30% went through.

    Lerner will sell 70 percent of the Browns to Haslam now, with the other 30 percent reverting to him four years after the closing date, a person with knowledge of the sale told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details have not officially been announced.

    So...that mean possibly that the balance of ownership was transferred to Halsam no later than last summer (2016).

    Also.  Lerner did sell his Premier League soccer team...which I guess was losing money hand over fist:

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/aston-villa-randy-lerner-close-selling-club-china

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Another story says that the other 30% would be sold 4 years after closing date...but I could not find confirmation that the sale of the 30% went through.

    Lerner will sell 70 percent of the Browns to Haslam now, with the other 30 percent reverting to him four years after the closing date, a person with knowledge of the sale told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details have not officially been announced.

    So...that mean possibly that the balance of ownership was transferred to Halsam no later than last summer (2016).

    Also.  Lerner did sell his Premier League soccer team...which I guess was losing money hand over fist:

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/aston-villa-randy-lerner-close-selling-club-china

    Sounds about like I remember it happening. Randy kept some a few years and bowed out. Who knows, he may have sold it off when the FBI got involved with the Haslam finances.  I did notice a Freeman as VP of football operations too. Wonder if he's related to "Stick"? ..lol